Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now here's a twist.

Omar Khadr identifies Maher Arar out of line-up as a person seen at an Al-Qaeda training camp in Afghanistan.

So, one twist and all of a sudden Omar Khadr's word is the gospel truth?

Lawyers for Khadr have argued all of the statements he gave to government officials during that time shouldn't be admissible, because they were received under aggressive interrogation or torture.

As they should with any suspect evidence. Speaking of which...

She (so-called Interrogator 11) was also unable to explain why she destroyed her notes of the interrogation sessions after she had typed them up.

:lol:

What a bunch of desperate morons. These are our allies? Yes, Canadians should be ashamed.

So, one twist and all of a sudden Omar Khadr's word is the gospel truth?

As they should with any suspect evidence. Speaking of which...

:lol:

What a bunch of desperate morons. These are our allies? Yes, Canadians should be ashamed.

It's a US Agent's word (FBI Special Agent Robert Fuller)...not Kahdr's at the hearing in Guantanamo Bay. Khadr, as we know, is...

a ) a child soldier. (lol...ah, 15...I was a 'terror' as well)

b ) a Canadian citizen. (barf)

c ) yet another icon. (the good thing about demonstrations is getting out and meetin' folks...maybe throw a shoe)

d ) forced to listen to Celine Dion at top volume. (Hey...I'd crack, too)

e ) not alone.

Maher Arar...in my opinion, is still 'a person of interest' simply due to his connection with the elder (dead) Al Qaeda honcho, Ahmed Khadr.

--------------------------------------------------------

Faber est suae quisque fortunae.

Edited by DogOnPorch

It's a US Agent's word (FBI Special Agent Robert Fuller)...not Kahdr's at the hearing in Guantanamo Bay.
Fuller's testimony Monday followed that of a U.S. intelligence agent

aka Interrogator 11. Fuller was merely testifying/hearsaying what she said, which she has no evidence for.

Its Khadr's persecutors who should be on trial here.

aka Interrogator 11. Fuller was merely testifying/hearsaying what she said, which she has no evidence for.

Its Khadr's persecutors who should be on trial here.

Isn't 'Interrogator 11' that army chick who did his initial interview?

-------------------------

It's a Daisy.

I have to ask, was it alright for a Canadian during WWII with german decent travel back to germany, to take up arms and fight again'st the allieds, then expect to travel back to Canada at the end of the war to collect Canadian benifits....Is it fair to our own vets, our own tax payers,

I don't know. Have you asked any?

I know someone who served in WWII and in later years one of his best friends was a German vet.

Would we be having this conversation if it was Canadian soldiers in which he engaged....and are we just having trouble with this because all he engaged is the US army.

I've asked myself this too. What would have happened if it had been Canadian soldiers confronted with a 15 year old, badly wounded Canadian-speaking kid ... Comes down to what the soldiers on the spot would have done.

I have no blame for the US soldiers in general, though. Although there was a cover up at the time, and he ended up in Guantanamo, it's Canada's fault he stayed there so long. We got sucked into the cover up and didn't ask enough questions.

I'm impressed with the US soldier and the Guantanamo guard who have come forward to correct the lies. Also the forensic team.

They were able to clarify in court that

- Omar was covered in rubble, badly wounded and blinded and could not possibly have thrown the grenade.

- The grenade was a US one. It was 'friendly fire that killed the US soldier.

- Omar was tortured in Guantanamo, in violation of the Geneva convention, and he said whatever they wanted to hear.

Of interest, his sister recently said that he was helping with a school, just caught in the fight.

Did he break inter national law, terrorist activities are clearly again'st inter national law , as well as the UN charter...as well again'st the law here in Canada in fact in most western countries....

Omar was a child doing what his father told him to do. He was not a "terrorist" and he broke no laws.

How will we accept those Canadians that have made there way over to Iraq to fight again'st the coalition be treated...As our CSIS dept head has stated it is happening right now....and the numbers are growing....

That's a very good question. We need to be thinking about that.

Iraq is the US's war as far as I'm concerned, and I don't believe it is a legal war.

Saddam Hussein, monster that he may have been, was going to nationalize the oil wells so they would belong to Iraq instead of the international(US) megacorporations.

That's why Bush started the war. That's where the US troops were sent first in Iraq ... a beeline to the to 'secure' the oil wells (for the US ... It's called THEFT!). Bush tried to do the same thing in Venuzuela, and Chavez called in the Russians ... just a few months ago ... I shit you not! Bush backed off.

It's interesting that Obama wants to stop depending on Middle East and Venuzuelan oil. I think he wants to get the US out of Cheney's horrible 'war-for-oil' industry.

I think a lot of Canadians feel like I do - we know Iraq and Afghanistan are US wars of aggression for oil. We support the troops ... but we need to think very hard about whether they should stay there, and in what capacity.

There are no easy answers, but we do need to ask ourselves the hard questions.

As for the Iraqi-Canadians over there fighting against US soldiers ... omigod.

I wish for their safety as well. Half a million Iraqi children were killed in the initial bombing of Baghdad. I can understand well why they went.

Is the US any better a 'leader' than Saddam was?

Not Bush ... Bush only catered to the war-and-oil industry.

Bush is a war criminal.

Bush is a war criminal.

hooeh. IMO, Bush should be tried for treason too. Along with Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Wolfowitz, and the rest of the bastards.

Edited by Radsickle

Bush is a war criminal.

hooeh. IMO, Bush should be tried for treason too. Along with Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Wolfowitz, and the rest of the bastards.

These are excellent, well-thought out posts. I may not agree with 100% of it (for example, Wolfowitz should also be tried for [World] bank fraud) but you make lucid, eloquently argued points that are a good template for the blogosphere. Edited by jbg

Just a couple questions... and please excuse me if they have already been asked - there is far too much already here to read through.

Does Khadr have dual citizenship with any other country (like Afghanistan), or is he only Canadian?

Regardless of the answer, I can't help but wonder why, when he is removed from gitmo, can't he just be sent back to Afghanistan where he never should have been removed from to begin with?

If you take a look around the world, there is probably a Canadian in jail in every country in the world. They committed a crime in that country and were prosecuted there. Our foreign embassies/gov't might say something, but at the end of the day if they break the law in another country, then they serve time there. Granted, the vast majority of these criminals are likely not young offenders.

So... if Khadr was arrested in Afghanistan, and the alleged crime was in Afghanistan, then the way I see it he should stand trial (or whatever they do there) in Afghanistan. Let the new gov't there figure out what to do with him.

The Americans should not have brought all of these guys out of Afghanistan. They should have built a prison there and then could have held them for as long as the war carried on as prisoners of war...

Just a couple questions... and please excuse me if they have already been asked - there is far too much already here to read through.

Does Khadr have dual citizenship with any other country (like Afghanistan), or is he only Canadian?

According to Egyptian law he is also one of theirs...

Sure he is...just because you say so.

because I say so too.

Bush is a war criminal.

... in fact, I think the majority of the world would agree.

Depends on what planet you're from though... if you've been looking at the world through Fox or CNN, you might not be on the same planet as the rest of the world.

Edited by Radsickle

Khadr does make me ashamed of being a Canadian in the fact that we as a people never stand up to the Americans - we are controled by their money and by their policies...we are gutless and cowardly - who cares what Khadr did or did not do.. He is a Canadian CITIZEN...end of damned story!

Khadr does make me ashamed of being a Canadian in the fact that we as a people never stand up to the Americans - we are controled by their money and by their policies...we are gutless and cowardly - who cares what Khadr did or did not do.. He is a Canadian CITIZEN...end of damned story!

So Oleg, how do you feel about Christopher Paul Neil - the Canadian pedophile currently doing time in Thailand? Should Canada stand up to Thailand and demand him back too?

Khadr was arrested in Afghanistan - so put him on trial in Afghanistan, let him serve time in Afghanistan.

Edited by Chuck U. Farlie

So Oleg, how do you feel about Christopher Paul Neil - the Canadian pedophile currently doing time in Thailand? Should Canada stand up to Thailand and demand him back too?

Khadr was arrested in Afghanistan - so put him on trial in Afghanistan, let him serve time in Afghanistan.

Keep the damned pediophile..that's a different story. When we hear our emotional liberals going on with there cultural trasphere and interference in other societies...with the slogan "So a little girl can go to school" YOU would think that Canada would invade Thailand and save all the six year old children used and abuse in a very established sex trade ---- but no - they pick and choose who to protect and who not too. Afghanistan was a training ground for fanatics -- that's true - BUT Saudi Arabia financed the trouble making - and us materialist jerks never went after the financeers of 9 11 - because they are part of our selfish economy. We have no buisness in Afghanistan - no more so than Russia did...and If Khdar and his old man went to the nation of origin to thwart yet another group of invaders...so be it...You have to protect your national tribal family - but loyality is something we lack and do not understand. Canada never proclaimed or declared offical war on the nation of Afghanistan - we are not America. ONCE a person has citizenship...it is perminent...and all citizens must be protected right or wrong - much like a mother protects her sons - right or wrong.

because I say so too.

Bush is a war criminal.

... in fact, I think the majority of the world would agree.

Still, it doesn't count for dick when it comes to war crimes. The majority of the world can kiss President Bush's ass.

Depends on what planet you're from though... if you've been looking at the world through Fox or CNN, you might not be on the same planet as the rest of the world.

Bush is a hero in Albania....so what part of the world is that?

Still, it doesn't count for dick when it comes to war crimes. The majority of the world can kiss President Bush's ass.

Bush is a hero in Albania....so what part of the world is that?

The world has already kiss Bush's ass - in fact billions of them licked his ass. People in general have very little spirit and are base in their nature. They admire anyone that has wealth and power...it does not matter to most if they are good or evil..that's because the average human being is a dog --- waiting for a morsel of food to fall from the vampires table. Who ever has the biggest chuck of meat and the biggest sword is the hero...even if he does not share the booty - Most will anticipate a gift that never comes.