D-Day Anniversary

I wouldn't call it a happy anniversary. Too many Canadians paid the ultimate sacrifice for us to make it a joyful day. It is a day that asks for reflection, like any great horrific event that asked so much of us....

I remember it as if it was yesterday. Our little country school was having a clean up day and we heard the whistles and air raid sirons from the town several miles away. Our teacher declared it a holiday and sent us home. I was 10 years old on the 11th of June that year.

I wouldn't call it a happy anniversary. Too many Canadians paid the ultimate sacrifice for us to make it a joyful day. It is a day that asks for reflection, like any great horrific event that asked so much of us....
Canada did the world proud that day 63 years ago. If not for Canada's vital role there, as in the earlier WW at Vimy Ridge, we might not all be free to argue with each other, free of fear of very serious consequences or death.

As a Jew as well, though King was not welcoming of Jews we might not be here at all if not for the role of freedom loving, heroic nations such as Canada.

Thank you.

As a Jew as well, though King was not welcoming of Jews we might not be here at all if not for the role of freedom loving, heroic nations such as Canada.

Thank you.

If it makes you feel any better....Canada wasn't too welcoming of Irish, Poles, Ukranians and Italians in their time either.....

....times change

Thank you.

If it makes you feel any better....Canada wasn't too welcoming of Irish, Poles, Ukranians and Italians in their time either.....

....times change

Times haven't changed.

Canada's citizens still aren't to welcoming of immigrants.

xenophobic.

Thank you.

....times change

Times haven't changed.

Canada's citizens still aren't to welcoming of immigrants.

xenophobic.

Unfortunately not xenophobic enough.

Thank you.

....times change

I guess you totally missed the point of my post. I was expressing my gratitude for the heroic role the Canadian military in rescuing the idea of freedom.

Unfortunately not xenophobic enough.

I can assure you, personally speaking, excessively xenophobic, and it's too bad you wish to promote irrational fears, amongst the populace.
If you don't mind my asking, what country do you hail from?

jbg - kuzadd hails from Canada. She is Canadian.

Unlike you, who are American. (Or is that Israeli? - or both??)

Is your inference that there is something wrong with being either American or Israeli?

Yes Liam. watch the pattern. Kuzadd too.

Bunch of foul bigots.

Wth is that supposed to mean? That sounds sick coming from a so called Canadian.

These two 'so-called' Canadians are more than likely little old women living in tiny little apartments with a cat or two. Somewhere in their Trudeau past they absorbed the 'I hate America' policy of his decade.

These two little old ladies probably took offense at the manner in which Trudeau was smacked down by the then president, Lyndon Johnson ( I think), and from there any peoples or countries associated with or friends of America were open season for their bitterness and animosity.

This could be an explanation for their obsession with the jews, Israel and the Americans or maybe it is simply that they need to give each other a daily jolt of gossip and rumor by dredging up and posting on a message board whatever old and nebulous articles found on-line re either or both of their only topics.

Or, Maybe they just don't have a cat or two!

`

These two little old ladies probably took offense at the manner in which Trudeau was smacked down by the then president, Lyndon Johnson ( I think), and from there any peoples or countries associated with or friends of America were open season for their bitterness and animosity.
Pearson was smacked down by Johnson, who said "don't piss on my rug" for his public embarrassment of Johnson while Pearson was his guest.

Trudeau, after learning of Nixon's (a genuine thug) foul mouthed (and taped) attack on him, said "I've been called far worse things by far better men". Not hard, since Nixon was about as depraved as an American leader can get. One step above Paul Bernardo.

Wth is that supposed to mean? That sounds sick coming from a so called Canadian.

These two 'so-called' Canadians are more than likely little old women living in tiny little apartments with a cat or two. Somewhere in their Trudeau past they absorbed the 'I hate America' policy of his decade.

This could be an explanation for their obsession with the jews, Israel and the Americans or maybe it is simply that they need to give each other a daily jolt of gossip and rumor by dredging up and posting on a message board whatever old and nebulous articles found on-line re either or both of their only topics.

Or, Maybe they just don't have a cat or two!

`

Yes, with their 24/7 bigotry, your theory sounds about right. Oh, and methinks they are both unmarried. I just get that vibe for some reason.

I know of a Kuzad.

That's his last name. He owns a convenience store. He says he's from Iraq.

And no, he doesn't have the time to go on-line. Nice fellow, actually.

But anyway, what does it matter where anyone originated.

He-he-he, gotta love this comedian....and yeah....what does that mean about being an American or Israeli?

I know of a Kuzad.

That's his last name. He owns a convenience store. He says he's from Iraq.

And no, he doesn't have the time to go on-line. Nice fellow, actually.

But anyway, what does it matter where anyone originated.

He-he-he, gotta love this comedian....and yeah....what does that mean about being an American or Israeli?

For the record, I am American. Sometimes I wonder about Canadians, though on balance I admire them.

Do they resent Americans because they're ignorant about Canada? Fine, I can live with that.

But then, when some American takes the time to learn something they resent it too. Check out this link and the "debate" (more like slagging) that follows.