Will Stéphane Dion ever be PM of Canada?

Will Dion ever be PM?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

reported to Admin
it is a reason to go on a killing spree. When we said let the eastern bastards freeze to death in the dark, it was a goal, not hyperbole.
Calm down.

Do not promote violence.

\

It should also be reported to the RCMP as it has terroristic OVERtones, in fact if I was Greg, I probably would... it really is a violent rant.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since making you poor so you freeze to death is not illegal, and no direct threat was made, perhaps you should stick your head in a law book and discover what is a threat, a direct threat, and a terrorist threat, and what is political commentary, and then get back to me. Also, you must know you are doing something wrong, and since saying stealing billions is a reason to go on said spree is not promotion or even a threat of the writer actually doing said act, get your head out of your @#&.

If you don't know the difference between a threat, and terrorist overtones, maybe you should study up my friend. People have gone on killing sprees because they thought the dog told them to, so saying theft of billions is a good reason for Alberta being pissed, and not boo hoo crap is called free speech skippy. And I seem to recall bumper stickers that said "let the eastern bastards freeze to death it the dark" and it was meant to signal that we would cut off the power, and that is our right, and that we would battle the feds, and may separate. If you have true belief in your position, and that of your post, get calling, and you will discover what the law is. If you want to put the RCMP in touch with me, write [email protected] for more information.

It might be fun to take this to court, so by all means, what are you waiting for, PM me and we can get the ball rolling. It would amuse me if they did consider this kind of speech to be a breach of the law, and it would be fun to see who won in the end. Back up your stuff or what is the point of writing it. Since my firm belief is that since we do not have proper rep. in the house or senate, I guess that would also mean I don't recognize the law. Hmmmm. Not recognizing the law if I'm wrong because I don't agree that they have the moral authority to have any laws is interesting to me as well. Hey, if I go to jail, you have to pay taxes to feed and clothe me, and I don't work. What does it cost to house a prisoner for one year? I thought I read it was between $60,000 and $80,000. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Since making you poor so you freeze to death is not illegal, and no direct threat was made, perhaps you should stick your head in a law book and discover what is a threat, a direct threat, and a terrorist threat, and what is political commentary, and then get back to me. Also, you must know you are doing something wrong, and since saying stealing billions is a reason to go on said spree is not promotion or even a threat of the writer actually doing said act, get your head out of your @#&.

I can sympatize with you having a bad temper, and even the statement about implied threats. Let me just let you in on something that happened to me quite a few years ago. I was pretty pissed off at what I was seeing in the government and I was very vocal about the fact that I believed the government was going way too far in things, I totally disagreed with. When at a local watering hole a group of us from NRC (National Research Council) digusted what we felt and there was nothing anyone could do about that. Until I opened up my mouth and mentioned that there really was things that could be done but that I was not sure I could or would do them. Remember I was a Biochemist...... well to make a long story short I was questioned about this by the authorities and I must say that I was sorry I ever publicly said anything. But you can well imagine the many things that have gone on in my mind since that time. So yes while I probably could do some very nasty things, I have now grown out of that faze and can say that I would not do them. But at the time I guess it was a thought and I did some mighty self searching before I realized that it was not all about me, and my ideals, but rather the people as a whole. I am not sure what I would do if I say that the people were being forced down without any say in it, but I would like to think I could again work it out within me.

You need to take some time and struggle with the hate, and deal with it within the confines of the law, unless you are sure you are 100% right. Hell I do not agree with many posters on this board but I do have to give them the right to express their view as they see it. Please take your time and find a way to express what you say without the emotion, and you may even win over a few posters here.

Pissed off people for good, bad, or no reason at all go nuts and lay waste. Mentioning that people who are robbed would have reason to go nuts and lay waste is not a threat, a terrorist threat, or even advocation of that act. Why do some posters seem to think I'm angry, I'm sitting here laughing my @$% off. And I've been around cops many times, and if they want to chat, I'm all ears. But don't say something should be reported to the RCMP unless you intend to actually do it. I may consider it a threat against me. Maybe he has dirty cops in his pocket, how would I know. Man do you people ever take this posting stuff seriously, maybe this really isn't my cup of tea, I can't abide foolish people, and perhaps forums are not a good place to have fun argueing about stuff. I'll wait awhile to decide, cause this is kinda fun, I want to see what happens.

And being afraid of Greg, now that I know who he is, would mean that I actually cared that he has said power, and would be sad if he used it. And I would not call a judge an idiot unless I really believed he was, and then to hell with what comes. I have no idea yet if Greg is an idiot or not, I will wait to make that decision when I have dealings with him. And it seems that will be soon, so I'll just have to wait.

Yes, a ban would reveal what I have said all along. Most people in Canada are content to live under anti democratic conditions, and to totally ignore free speech as a right, even though they yap about every other right under the sun. You have just proved my point, that the people on this site only care about pissing conservatives off talking about spelling and grammer, and ignoring the real meat of the post, and what that person was trying to exress. And then when that person responds, they get pissy and wuss out like most liberals. Your stupidity is starting to bore me, so hurry up and ban me. And just like I said, no one cared to comment on the legality of what I said, or offered an opinion on what the truth of the matter was. Went right for jeez, ban this guy already. Just wondering, do people in the internet world actually care if they get banned? Just wondering, perhaps we could discuss why the threat of ban would scare them, and what bans mean to free speech, but no, I expect more useless attacks on spelling. I will make you a deal, if a liberal out there will answer all the points I made before my spelling was attacked, as well as the issues that developed after my response to that, then I will leave this site voluntarily, and right after I read it and respond. Sound like a deal. Good, now get typing.

And why are liberals always posting one liners, and snotty comments? I was under the impression that you people had so much to say, and that you were all so smart it put poor stupid little conservatives like me to shame. You dirty pile of excrement. (Now, I must admit that my irritation is leading me down the path of openly calling for myself to be banned, right now.) BAN ME. But first, the question, does anyone actually care about being banned, I am just curious if it actually matters to anyone. Hurry and just answer why it really matters, and then I can get some food, have a smoke, and forget I ever got on this thing on Dec.4, 2006. What is the fastest someone has been banned. Not important, but just wondering. This sucks ass.

Yes, a ban would reveal what I have said all along. Most people in Canada are content to live under anti democratic conditions, and to totally ignore free speech as a right, even though they yap about every other right under the sun.

I have to agree. Canadian libs love to censor anyone that doesn't agree with their opinions. Just like a thrid world country.

I say, let anyone say what they want as long as they aren't directly breaking the law (wich no one here has probably ever done).

• Forum Admin
BAN ME. But first, the question, does anyone actually care about being banned, I am just curious if it actually matters to anyone. Hurry and just answer why it really matters, and then I can get some food, have a smoke, and forget I ever got on this thing on Dec.4, 2006. What is the fastest someone has been banned. Not important, but just wondering. This sucks ass.

Gladly, abcon99 you are now banned from this forum.

Yes, a ban would reveal what I have said all along. Most people in Canada are content to live under anti democratic conditions, and to totally ignore free speech as a right, even though they yap about every other right under the sun.

I have to agree. Canadian libs love to censor anyone that doesn't agree with their opinions. Just like a thrid world country.

I say, let anyone say what they want as long as they aren't directly breaking the law (wich no one here has probably ever done).

He was a tool. plain and simple. And I am no liberal.

haha

People are entitled to their opinions. But this is a place for debate, not insults and childish behaviour. I don't care if you're a communist, a facist or an anarchist, but you should be able to express your opinions/arguments in a relativly 'intelligent' and 'mature' manner. Even the house of commons gives 'time outs' to people who can't follow the rules.

Besides, he doesn't seem to mind that he got banned.

Um, yeah, all Canadian liberals are against free speech. :blink:

Can you provide any kind of evidence for your claim that Canadian liberals "censor anyone that doesn't agree with their opinions?"

How do you factor in Third World countries? Some of the most repressive dictatorships (think Nazi Germany) were industrialized nations. Being a Third World country is not synonymous with being repressive.

"Third World" countries are designated because they have not developed as much economically or technologically as "first world" countries. Previously, "third world" was used to describe countries who stayed out of the Soviet and American spheres of influence during the cold war.

That's quite a tolerant view, welcome to the world of Liberalism:

Oxford English Dictionary (OED) indicates that the word liberal has long been in the English language with the meanings of "befitting free men, noble, generous" as in liberal arts; also with the meaning "free from restraint in speech or action", as in liberal with the purse, or liberal tongue, usually as a term of reproach but, beginning 1776–88 imbued with a more favorable sense by Edward Gibbon and others to mean "free from prejudice, tolerant." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

BAN ME. But first, the question, does anyone actually care about being banned, I am just curious if it actually matters to anyone. Hurry and just answer why it really matters, and then I can get some food, have a smoke, and forget I ever got on this thing on Dec.4, 2006. What is the fastest someone has been banned. Not important, but just wondering. This sucks ass.

Gladly, abcon99 you are now banned from this forum.

Thank you Greg.

I tried to get him to change paths but he was determined to get banned as if that was his quest of the day. I agree with the ban not that it matters, but we also must see when these guys go off like that, it would be best not to play to their ideas or lack there of. I know this is not a place to babysit here, and I assume that most of the people here are above the age of majority, but that does not mean they are mature enough to talk about things and not get caught up in the arguments that they just can not let go. Maybe we will have better luck with the rest of the members.

You are mixing up small l liberals and capital L Liberals.

I think he was referring to Liberals.

therefore your dictionary definition is meaningless.

Well, no, he said he was for freedom of speech and tolerance. Thus the definition. I was stating that was exactly what liberalism was founded on.

In any event, is there any evidence that all Liberals in Canada "censor anyone that doesn't agree with their opinions?" To claim that they're more intolerant than the Conservatives or members of any other political party is just nonsense.

In any event, is there any evidence that all Liberals in Canada "censor anyone that doesn't agree with their opinions?" To claim that they're more intolerant than the Conservatives or members of any other political party is just nonsense.

There's no empirical evidence that one group is worse than the other when it comes to tolerance, though it's relatively evident that some liberals (note small 'l') preach tolerance while telling those that disagree with them on any issue that they're bigots and should shut up. I can't personally say I've ever heard a conservative say they were all for equal rights while simultaneously arguing that some groups should have more rights than others.

Of course, I have relatively little experience with this, and thus am generalizing.

• 1 month later...