The Supreme Court just showed us that Trump is not incompetent. He’s a master of corruption

The Supreme Court just showed us that Trump is not incompetent. He’s a master of corruption

I have badly underestimated Donald Trump. Thursday was the day that his justices — it turns out that they are indeed his justices on the Supreme Court, just as he claimed — got it through my thick head: Trump is not just competent but masterful. He is not just capable, he is supreme.

Because Trump is clumsy at his alleged crimes, surrounding himself with flagrant thugs, telling obvious lies, leaving prolific trails of damning evidence, offering ridiculous defenses for indefensible conduct, I had long concluded that he is incompetent at crookery along with his other manifest failings. That’s true as far as it goes. But for all his mad greed and compulsive lawlessness, for all his sleaze and stupidity, crime is ultimately not Trump’s game. Trump is nothing like a master criminal. But he is a master of something far more sinister and complex: corruption.

Crime is when you launch a violent attempt to overthrow the republic. Corruption is when you convince an entire political party to pretend they didn’t watch it live on television, or cower from it inside the Capitol while dozens of police officers were being bludgeoned by the mob.

Crime is when you fake business expenses to cover up a payoff to an adult film actress who wants to cash in on your campaign for president. Corruption is when the head of the nation’s greasiest tabloid, a perpetual fount of lies and nonsense, expresses concern that your deeds are too sleazy for him.

Crime is when your lawyers tell the Senate not to convict you in an impeachment trial because you can be charged in court. Corruption is when your lawyers inform the Supreme Court that you are immune from criminal courts and only the Senate can judge you — but, alas, the senators have missed their window.

Trump has already succeeded at corrupting much of what’s corruptible. Government. Elections. Foreign policy. Democracy. Religion. Above all, people, and mostly men. Truckloads, boatloads, tiki-torch-parade-loads, courtloads of weak men all standing in the shadow that Trump casts.

Richard Nixon, a self-made, and self-corrupted, man who studied geopolitics and government assiduously, never achieved such a broad subjugation of American values and institutions. Trump, the ignorant, n’er-do-well heir to his father’s crooked fortune, has achieved so much more. Trump hasn’t just captured the trenches of conservative America, he has taken the commanding heights. He owns all of it, from the most racist backwater saloon to the Federalist Society clubhouse. They are his corrupted subjects. He is their corrupt and demented king. If he can somehow get through the next few perilous months, he may yet render corruption sacred, and the republic irredeemable. 

Corruption is packing the SCOTUS with justices who serve a partisan agenda instead of JUSTICE.

23.png

12 hours ago, robosmith said:

The author got paid to write that piece for publication and you got BUPKIS.

Yes, and you spam this forum with the garbage. 

Seriously, you don't even bother to stick around in most of the threads you create, you just run away to spam more. 

13 hours ago, robosmith said:

^more gratuitous CLAIMS with NO REASON

Agreed - it's both spam AND gratuitous with no reason. 

But that's where the dems are these days. 

144 days to the next election, trump's still in the lead by a nose  and they're freaking out :) 

3 hours ago, User said:

Yes, and you spam this forum with the garbage. 

You ONLY call it spam cause you have NO INTELLIGENT RESPONSE.

3 hours ago, User said:

Seriously, you don't even bother to stick around in most of the threads you create, you just run away to spam more. 

It's all serious intelligent FACTS, and I'll post as many as I want, while you FAIL to post intelligent responses like this one is NOT.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

It's all serious intelligent FACTS, and I'll post as many as I want, while you FAIL to post intelligent responses like this one is NOT.

LOL ahhhh robo,  you never miss an opportunity to demonstrate why mothers shouldn't drink while they're pregnant do you? :)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, robosmith said:

It really concerns me that you think you are posting facts.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robosmith said:

You want an intelligent response?

You're overcome with hatred. So much so that you spam this site with utterly ridiculous garbage.

Also...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4889244/the-meaning-of-i-did-that-stickers/

😅

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

It really concerns me that you think you are posting facts.

Until you disprove them, they are UNDISPUTED.

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You want an intelligent response?

You're overcome with hatred. So much so that you spam this site with utterly ridiculous garbage.

Also...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4889244/the-meaning-of-i-did-that-stickers/

😅

There is NOTHING INTELLIGENT about pretending your unsubstantiated OPINIONS are intelligent.

49 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Actually, they are all disputed. Disputed does not mean disproven. Even if it did, your unwillingness to accept that they are disproven does not negate the fact that they have been disproven.

Just one example. Trump never said or implied, that if he wasn't elected there would be a literal blood bath (as in a violent revolution). He said there would be a bloodbath for the automotive industry. Aka jobs.

How about two; Trump never said he'd be a dictator from day one. He said he would not be a dictator, except on day one when he signed several EOs. His comment was a stinging attack on EOs as unconstitutional and then he highlighted several agenda items he wanted to pass. But, you refuse to accept the obvious.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

There is NOTHING INTELLIGENT about pretending your unsubstantiated OPINIONS are intelligent.

Yes Dear... 🙄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, herbie said:

"Those who don't know the truth are just ordinary fools, but those who know the truth and call it a lie are criminals."

So...are you about to be charged?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yes Dear... 🙄

Da proof is da proof and wen yoo hav da proof den its da proof!!!! 

(as an American robostumped won't get that of course. But there's a lot of things he doesn't get and he's never let that hold him back.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, herbie said:

Nothing shows the five  year old mentality of a MAGA like the constant "I know you are but what am I" responses to anything.

I'm sure you're very well versed in 5 year olds and their mentalities.  :) 

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Yeah, raised four of them. All who grew up and learned to reason. You should try that.

doesn't look like your mom can make the same claim :)  
And frankly given your version of 'reason' i hae grave doubts if they can open a tube of toothpaste without reading the directions.  I'm sure you THINK they learned reason but if they learned  it from you, then all they learned is denial and tribalism.