FOREIGN INTERFERENCE ALLEGED IN CONSERVATIVE RACES. The Canadian Media Starts To Do Its Job

On 6/17/2024 at 2:29 AM, Venandi said:

That's especially true now that we have little in the way of media types actually doing that. 

How exactly are they supposed to do their jobs when the rules about what we're allowed to know applies to them as well?

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

How exactly are they supposed to do their jobs when the rules about what we're allowed to know applies to them as well?

The opposition has to keep pressuring and shaming the gov't to release it. 

Oooops - looks like we're back to where we started and PP was right not to sign off on the report and get muzzled

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

They're not read in. They have no access to classified documents or investigative findings... and rightly so.

Their job is to ask obvious questions, hold the government to account, dig around, search out facts independently and report them.  Just like they used to do back when they were largely considered to be a trusted institution.... remember those days?

Your question itself shows how much we've slipped and how readily we've come to accept a  new (and IMO dismal) standard of  journalistic integrity. It's gotten to the point that consumers of news (especially partisan consumers of partisan news) are justifying the very biases in reporting that leave them ill informed in the first place. 

• Like 3

"Pierre Poilievre’s refusal to get a national security clearance so he can read the report on foreign interference in Canada’s elections is raising eyebrows, with many suggesting that maybe he can’t get a security clearance because he poses a security risk. Nonsense! There are many totally reasonable reasons for why Mr. Poilievre would choose not to get cleared. Here are just a few:

1. He lost his National Security Clearance card and is too embarrassed to ask for a replacement

2. The day he was supposed to go for the interview was dollar shot night at O’Hallagans

3. His Russian and/or Indian government handlers told him not to

4. He heard you have to be vaccinated to get it

5. Getting it would require him to lie slightly less than he does currently

6. Some of his MPs have it and they promised to let him copy their notes

7. He doesn’t want to do anything Trudeau does. That’s also why he stopped showering and talking to his children

8. He doesn’t need to read the report on foreign collusion, as he remembers all the times he colluded with a foreign government very well

9. Being a national security risk is all part of the bad boy makeover he went through last summer

10. He’s too busy working 24/7 to assist struggling Canadians finally own the Libs.

So there you go. The important thing to remember is he can get it if he wants to. For sure. Definitely."

See More: Elections, Featured Post, foreign interference, Pierre Poilievre, Trudeau

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2024/06/10-perfectly-innocent-explanations-for-why-pierre-poilievre-wont-get-national-security-clearance/

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Venandi said:

They're not read in. They have no access to classified documents or investigative findings... and rightly so.

Their job is to ask obvious questions, hold the government to account, dig around, search out facts independently and report them.  Just like they used to do back when they were largely considered to be a trusted institution.... remember those days?

Your question itself shows how much we've slipped and how readily we've come to accept a  new (and IMO dismal) standard of  journalistic integrity. It's gotten to the point that consumers of news (especially partisan consumers of partisan news) are justifying the very biases in reporting that leave them ill informed in the first place.

My question underscores that journalists are treated to no more information than us. They're left having to make stuff up - they still have to sell us something after all.

I mostly recall a lot fewer people being freaked out over the media being a tool of government control and being the source of misinformation. They're still merely the messenger.

I largely disagree with your 'rightly so' comment.  I would treat only a very small amount of the information governments deal with as classified - to me the FOI Act should be more about requiring that governments apply to keep things secret as opposed to the the other way around. The name of the Act is pretty much the exact opposite of what be it purports to be about.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

They're left having to make stuff up - they still have to sell us something after all.

And I'm pretty sure I know who the sales team is working for. 

I mostly recall a lot fewer people being freaked out over the media being a tool of government control and being the source of misinformation. They're still merely the messenger.

The media have become willing participants and there's financial motivations at play now too.

But regardless of motivations, shrugging and simply accepting "I'm just the messenger" as a substitute for journalistic integrity is a problem that more people should "freak out" over IMO. Maybe they aren't because they've tuned out. 

Judging by casual conversations at the bank, grocery store, gym etc. I'm constantly amazed at how little people know about what's going on in the world, and (AND), more to the point... how little they seem to care. 

I would treat only a very small amount of the information governments deal with as classified

Cool, your's for action then.

In the mean time, if wishes were places we would be where we are not.

Edited by Venandi

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

"Pierre Poilievre’s refusal to get a national security clearance so he can read the report on foreign interference in Canada’s elections is raising eyebrows, with many suggesting that maybe he can’t get a security clearance because he poses a security risk. Nonsense! There are many totally reasonable reasons for why Mr. Poilievre would choose not to get cleared. Here are just a few:

1. He lost his National Security Clearance card and is too embarrassed to ask for a replacement

2. The day he was supposed to go for the interview was dollar shot night at O’Hallagans

3. His Russian and/or Indian government handlers told him not to

4. He heard you have to be vaccinated to get it

5. Getting it would require him to lie slightly less than he does currently

6. Some of his MPs have it and they promised to let him copy their notes

7. He doesn’t want to do anything Trudeau does. That’s also why he stopped showering and talking to his children

8. He doesn’t need to read the report on foreign collusion, as he remembers all the times he colluded with a foreign government very well

9. Being a national security risk is all part of the bad boy makeover he went through last summer

10. He’s too busy working 24/7 to assist struggling Canadians finally own the Libs.

So there you go. The important thing to remember is he can get it if he wants to. For sure. Definitely."

See More: Elections, Featured Post, foreign interference, Pierre Poilievre, Trudeau

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2024/06/10-perfectly-innocent-explanations-for-why-pierre-poilievre-wont-get-national-security-clearance/

He has security clearance, he needs a higher level to see it. Then he can't breathe a word of it for life. Liberal trap that failed. Even Tommy Mulclair said he won't do it either. 

17 minutes ago, Venandi said:

In the mean time, if wishes were places we would be where we are not.

No, in the meantime we're in a cuckoo land where partisans think the media is in on it.

Witting is the term they use now.

51 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, in the meantime we're in a cuckoo land where partisans think the media is in on it.

If it's classified as TS then the media most definitely isn't in on it.  They shouldn't be in on it either, and if they are then the information was leaked to them illegally and the leaker should be held to account.

So, nothing to do with partisanship, it's simply the classification of the docket and the law of the land as it presently exists.

The media failure here ((IMO anyway) is in its "shoulder shrugging" absence.

How is it possible that they aren't asking the questions I (meaning you, me, we and us) would be asking if we had the platform to do so?  Isn't that a reasonable expectation? Wouldn't that qualify as a basic measure of journalistic integrity? Why aren't they chasing the PM down the street (Rebel News style) shouting tough questions at him? 

If journalistic competence is now defined as something that only proceeds from the heat oppressed brains of "cuckoo land partisans" then we deserve what we get.

What we don't want (I hope) is a media that thinks: 

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

They're left having to make stuff up - they still have to sell us something after all.

And/or a public that somehow deems that to be OK.

Edited by Venandi

On 6/13/2024 at 4:57 AM, sharkman said:

“The report from the National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians (NSICOP), a key Canadian intelligence oversight body, says there were "two specific instances where [People's Republic of China] officials allegedly interfered in the leadership races of the Conservative Party of Canada."

Most of the details regarding the allegations in the NSICOP report have been redacted.“

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7223518

There are probably a lot of juicy bits in the redacted material.  But it’s time for the Canadian media to revisit the 2022 CPC leadership race.  Because there should have been more contestants than the official number allowed.

3 applicants were disqualified who had similar platforms to Poilievre, and no doubt would have divided his support.  The reasons given for disqualification were nonsense. That race was dirty.  Look up G. Abraham.

Its said that Poilievre won’t even read the report.  Where there is smoke, there usually is fire.

I find it very interesting that media "wakes up" when it affects the conservatives but blatantly disregards anything affecting the liberals. Could it be that "foreign intervention" is only bad when they don't like the results?

2 hours ago, Venandi said:

Why aren't they chasing the PM down the street (Rebel News style) shouting tough questions at him?

Because they probably realize Trudeau's body guards would tackle them if they charged after him like that.

In any case I doubt you'd get any clearer answers.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Because they probably realize Trudeau's body guards would tackle them if they charged after him like that.

In any case I doubt you'd get any clearer answers.

Man, for a guy who claims to want to see politicians held accountable you sure don't seem very happy about the idea of Trudeau being held accountable.

11 hours ago, PIK said:

He has security clearance, he needs a higher level to see it. Then he can't breathe a word of it for life. Liberal trap that failed. Even Tommy Mulclair said he won't do it either. 

I hope you realize the link and story is from The Beaverton. :)

13 hours ago, PIK said:

Why is a Top Secret clearance designation a "liberal" trap? When I had clearance (under both conservative and liberal governments) , any time there were names and personal information or information that may identify some individuals, it was top secret or at least secret.

And who is Tommy Mulclair and why does it matter what he said and what he would or would not do??

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Why is a Top Secret clearance designation a "liberal" trap?

Because they know it's grossly inappropriate for him to sign it and lose the ability to speak, but they portray it as a deliberate intent to not know what's going on. They pressure him to do it because if he does they've muzzled him. But if he doesn't then they and his supporters will claim that it's because PP doesn't want to know "the real truth!!!", which is such an obvious lie it's not even funny. 

Trudeau should be releasing info on this and Jaggers should be standing with PP calling for exactly that instead of supporting what is certainly looking like a very corrupt gov't who has sold us out. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Because they know it's grossly inappropriate for him to sign it and lose the ability to speak, but they portray it as a deliberate intent to not know what's going on. They pressure him to do it because if he does they've muzzled him. But if he doesn't then they and his supporters will claim that it's because PP doesn't want to know "the real truth!!!", which is such an obvious lie it's not even funny. 

Trudeau should be releasing info on this and Jaggers should be standing with PP calling for exactly that instead of supporting what is certainly looking like a very corrupt gov't who has sold us out. 

Hey loser, you are aware that your precious conservative government and leaders also has top secret clearance requirements?? They also had things they kept secret from public eyes??

The f*cking loser that you are would not think of that. You are such a PP groupie you do not understand anything. You remind me of one of those hillbillies that theuyshow on the news that suck Trumps appendage LOL 

You loser . You are now the top loser on several threads .  LOL LOL

Here are couple more losers trying to beat you to the loser finish line but hey, they are behind you in the great loser race LOL

Once a loser, always a loser… : r/meme

Edited by ExFlyer

Wow, melt down. Lol. Now we can add global affairs employees to the list of possible evil doers. Lol A day of reckoning is coming, when PP gets in and starts digging. Trudeau and Trump in orange jump suits, kool.

Edited by PIK

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Hey loser, you are aware that your precious conservative government and leaders also has top secret clearance requirements?? They also had things they kept secret from public eyes??

Ahhh yes -  Another hissy fit :) 

Hey loserette -  remember all those people who said that the liberal opposition leaders were cowards or deliberately ignorant if they didnt' sign it? 

Me either :)

LOLOLOL - man you just can't help but put your foot in it can you :) 

PP Wouldn't sign it,  Mulcair wouldn't sign it, none of the previous liberals would have signed it .....  but now you're trying to blame harper that there's a requirement to sign? 

Yawn. Go back to playing with your lego kid. 

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Why is a Top Secret clearance designation a "liberal" trap? When I had clearance (under both conservative and liberal governments) , any time there were names and personal information or information that may identify some individuals, it was top secret or at least secret.

And who is Tommy Mulclair and why does it matter what he said and what he would or would not do??

You don't know who Mulcair is? Lmao

55 minutes ago, PIK said:

You don't know who Mulcair is? Lmao

Yeah I do, was being rhetorical.

He is a zero now, a former leader that quit because he could not win and and NDP anyway so as much liberal as trudeau LOL

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Ahhh yes -  Another hissy fit :) 

Hey loserette -  remember all those people who said that the liberal opposition leaders were cowards or deliberately ignorant if they didnt' sign it? 

Me either :)

LOLOLOL - man you just can't help but put your foot in it can you :) 

PP Wouldn't sign it,  Mulcair wouldn't sign it, none of the previous liberals would have signed it .....  but now you're trying to blame harper that there's a requirement to sign? 

Yawn. Go back to playing with your lego kid. 

Ohhh the loser speaks.

When you make sense and have something valid to say, maybe you will get some credibility back LOLOLOL

Oh, they are playing your song LOL LOL LOL

Buddy Knox – All Time Loser / Good Lovin' (Audition Record, Vinyl ...

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yeah I do, was being rhetorical.

He is a zero now, a former leader that quit because he could not win and and NDP anyway so as much liberal as trudeau LOL

Won more than jaggers  did and he's hardly nothing. Plus being ndp leader was at the end of a very long and distinguished career. You might dislike his politics (ye IS right of trudeau after all, but who isn't) but you can't dismiss him like that and be taken seriously 

The only reason you're trying to say he's "nothing" is because you don't like his opinion. That's how sad you are. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Ohhh the loser speaks.

When you make sense and have something valid to say, maybe you will get some credibility back LOLOLOL

LOL!!! Right - because saying a quarter million dollars for 6 days of in flight food is too much  is completely invalid :) ROFLMAO!!!

Kid there is NOTHING you could say or do to get your credibility back. :)  I'd call you a paid shill but you're not even paid, you're doing this for the libs for free :)  LOLOL

43 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Won more than jaggers  did and he's hardly nothing. Plus being ndp leader was at the end of a very long and distinguished career. You might dislike his politics (ye IS right of trudeau after all, but who isn't) but you can't dismiss him like that and be taken seriously 

The only reason you're trying to say he's "nothing" is because you don't like his opinion. That's how sad you are. 

Nope but he is a loser too . Not nearly as bad as you and he even gets a pension, unlike you LOL

Oh and and I am not a NDPer.

image.jpeg.e2356b2500d0b9ca4d10013bab1acbf4.jpeg

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL!!! Right - because saying a quarter million dollars for 6 days of in flight food is too much  is completely invalid :) ROFLMAO!!!

Kid there is NOTHING you could say or do to get your credibility back. :)  I'd call you a paid shill but you're not even paid, you're doing this for the libs for free :)  LOLOL

Wait...the loser speaks ...again....but there is nothing valid....as expected LOL LOL LOL

image.jpeg.569177da9e5e832143fa53efe02b8aae.jpeg

Jeez Jag's a hero among those who decried him forcing through Pharmacare and Dental but are too politically ignorant to realize he could've taken this stand even without getting clearance as foreign agents aren't going to spend a nickel trying to influence anyone other than Liberal or Tory candidates and MPs.