It's May 5 and we've been hammered with snow.

I, for one, do not believe in human caused AGW. That being said... we received an inch of snow on saturday, may 4. That is not uncommon  in Northern Nevada. Mammoth lakes in CA received 8 inches. We could use 8 inches of snow. Now the braindead drivers would disagree and make things way more interesting than need be. 

36 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I, for one, do not believe in human caused AGW. 

Have you "impartially" STUDIED the laws of atmospheric physics which govern the effects of what are informally known as GREENHOUSE GASSES?

Surely if you are in fact "impartial observer," you would base your BELIEFS on impartial criteria such as the laws of physics and actual measurements of atmospheric gas concentrations, right?

Or maybe you're ready to admit your lack of impartiality.... AKA, ideologue.

29 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Have you "impartially" STUDIED the laws of atmospheric physics

Nope, because there's nothing "impartial" about anything you moonbats come up with. 

You woketards have been screaming for over a 100 years and we're all still here, living our lives, just like people did back then. 

Nobody believes you people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Weather is NOT climate. Duh

Well, then, maybe the left should stop saying storms are getting worse and hurricanes are stronger. That's weather.

Maybe the left should stop blaming global warming when NY gets hot in the summer, or tornados hit tornado ally in tornado season.

Maybe the left could stop saying the sky is falling and denying scientific evidence that contradicts their view. Maybe they could be skeptical of all unproven claims and keep an opened mind.

But they won't. They'll point to every tornado, every hurricane, every snow storm, every drought as proof of AGW while attacking anyone that says maybe that's wrong.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

1. Well, then, maybe the left should stop saying storms are getting worse and hurricanes are stronger. That's weather.

Maybe the left ...

https://science.nasa.gov/earth/climate-change/how-climate-change-may-be-impacting-storms-over-earths-tropical-oceans/

It's published papers actually, but to be clear last time I checked there wasn't a consensus on that yet.

"The left" doesn't do science, nor does the right... Scientists do.

31 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

both sides play the game of supposing one data point describes the whole... 

Only in the media and on web forums.  The science is mostly above the political fray.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://science.nasa.gov/earth/climate-change/how-climate-change-may-be-impacting-storms-over-earths-tropical-oceans/

It's published papers actually, but to be clear last time I checked there wasn't a consensus on that yet.

"The left" doesn't do science, nor does the right... Scientists do.

Only in the media and on web forums.  The science is mostly above the political fray.

Well, that's who i was referring to 

2 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

Well, then, maybe the left should stop saying storms are getting worse and hurricanes are stronger. That's weather.

Maybe the left should stop blaming global warming when NY gets hot in the summer, or tornados hit tornado ally in tornado season.

Maybe the left could stop saying the sky is falling and denying scientific evidence that contradicts their view. Maybe they could be skeptical of all unproven claims and keep an opened mind.

But they won't. They'll point to every tornado, every hurricane, every snow storm, every drought as proof of AGW while attacking anyone that says maybe that's wrong.

The things ^you attribute to "the left" are only stories you tell YOURSELF. Duh

“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” (Christopher Hitchens)

You are dismissed.

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

both sides play the game of supposing one data point describes the whole... one abnormally cold day in February supposedly says that there is global cooling. Its quite silly but internet forum posters are not world renowned for their big picture thinking. 

So what are your impartial observations which cause you to reject the conclusions of climate scientists?

39 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The things ^you attribute to "the left" are only stories you tell YOURSELF. Duh

“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” (Christopher Hitchens)

You are dismissed.

That's rich. You called a member a white supremacist and racist and produced no evidence of such. Now you want evidence that the left is running around using examples of weather to "prove" AGW? YGTBSM

36 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

That's rich. You called a member a white supremacist and racist and produced no evidence of such. Now you want evidence that the left is running around using examples of weather to "prove" AGW? YGTBSM

I posted evidence and you posted NOTHING but your OPINION.

18 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

both sides play the game of supposing one data point describes the whole... one abnormally cold day in February supposedly says that there is global cooling. Its quite silly but internet forum posters are not world renowned for their big picture thinking. 

My side is simply saying "stfu and leave the economy alone". 

The U.S. really has zero use for leftism. It's a cancer, and it just needs to be cut out. 

2 hours ago, Deluge said:

My side is simply saying "stfu and leave the economy alone". 

The U.S. really has zero use for leftism. It's a cancer, and it just needs to be cut out. 

Off topic... every time that there is a cold day in May.. the Conservatives on a given forum start with the usual line of "global cooling has arrived". One data point out of thousands (if not millions) does not tell the full story. 

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Off topic... every time that there is a cold day in May.. the Conservatives on a given forum start with the usual line of "global cooling has arrived". One data point out of thousands (if not millions) does not tell the full story. 

There's no global cooling OR warming; at least not the kind you moonbats have been crying about for the last century. 

The Earth is just doing its thing.

Maybe you heathens really should pick up religion; it may save your sanity. ;) 

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

There's no global cooling OR warming; at least not the kind you moonbats have been crying about for the last century. 

The Earth is just doing its thing.

Maybe you heathens really should pick up religion; it may save your sanity. ;) 

I have stated once already.. amnesia is such a bit__.. that I do not believe in human caused AGW. My point is that both sides commit the logical fallacy of thinking one data point tells the whole story.  I wish there was global cooling.. that would mean more storms would get across the Sierra Nevadas and Western Nevada would get more snow. Yes, we get some but all in all.. we average 7.1 inches of precipitation. Global cooling would increase that number. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I have stated once already.. amnesia is such a bit__.. that I do not believe in human caused AGW. My point is that both sides commit the logical fallacy of thinking one data point tells the whole story.  I wish there was global cooling.. that would mean more storms would get across the Sierra Nevadas and Western Nevada would get more snow. Yes, we get some but all in all.. we average 7.1 inches of precipitation. Global cooling would increase that number. 

Your point is irrelevant to this thread. 

The purpose of this thread is to point out the stupidity behind the notion of man-made climate change which the left perpetuates every single f*cking day. 

We want our economy back, not this abomination that woketards are trying to foist on us. 

Edited by Deluge