What Worries Me Most About a Trump Presidency

There are almost daily headlines now describing what Donald Trump would do if elected: the mass deportations, the pardons handed out to his friends and golf buddies, the Justice Department settling scores and waging personal vendettas. The former president has even promised violence if the election goes against him, warning that it could be a “blood bath.”

But as worrying as these prospects are, they are far from the biggest threats he poses. What we should fear most is Mr. Trump transforming our government into a modern-day Tammany Hall, installing a kleptocratic leadership that will be difficult if not impossible to dislodge.

I do not discount the possibility of state-sponsored violence, and I worry deeply about the politicization of the civil service. But those are, for the most part, threats and theories, and while they need to be taken seriously, people should be paying more attention to a far more likely reality: that Mr. Trump would spend much of his time in office enriching himself. He failed spectacularly as an insurrectionist and as a disrupter of the civil service, and his clownish and chaotic style may well lead to failure again — but he has succeeded time and time again in the art of the steal. If his grift continues into a second term, it will not only contribute to the fraying trust Americans have in their institutions, but also impair our ability to lead the world through a series of escalating crises. 

It is obvious that is why Trump ever got involved in politics. He first wanted to sell out the nation for an opportunity to build a Trump Tower in Moscow rumored to represent $200M in profits to himself. AKA his most profitable project to date. 

In related news. The tree climbing cows of the Borneo interior have turned to cannibalism because the locals keep cutting down the trees. A majority if the indigenous people blame Trump for the carnage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, robosmith said:

It is obvious that is why Trump ever got involved in politics. He first wanted to sell out the nation for an opportunity to build a Trump Tower in Moscow rumored to represent $200M in profits to himself. AKA his most profitable project to date. 

Wow. Biden just wants open borders and queers controlling everything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legato said:

In related news. The tree climbing cows of the Borneo interior have turned to cannibalism because the locals keep cutting down the trees. A majority if the indigenous people blame Trump for the carnage.

In related new, anyone who believes cows can climb trees is an lDIOT.

Anita offers an old Lithuanian saying borrowed from her mother: “You can‟t teach a cow to climb a tree”. For Anita, this phrase helps her to understand why it is that her agency administrators are “too stubborn to change”. She understands that what her mom meant to say is that trying to “hit people over the head” is simply a waste of time and energy.

Their hooves cannot penetrate bark, and their legs cannot wrap around the trunk. LMAO

4 hours ago, Deluge said:

Wow. Biden just wants open borders and queers controlling everything. 

And DELUGINAL continues to ^LIE about everything.

20 hours ago, robosmith said:

What worries ME most is that if he wins your head will explode violently and i won't be able to think of a single nice thing to say at the funeral.

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:38 PM, robosmith said:

You titled this thread to explain why you are worried about a Trump Presidency again, but then you brought up why you think he first got into politics and something he did in the last Presidency. Are you most worried that he is still trying to build a Trump Tower there?

He was in politics before running for President. What do you base your claim on that he was selling out the nation for a Trump Tower in Moscow? 

I will not comment on the quote you provided since you have already established that citing things like that doesn't mean you agree with any of it. 

On 4/21/2024 at 4:23 PM, robosmith said:

In related new, anyone who believes cows can climb trees is an lDIOT.

Their hooves cannot penetrate bark, and their legs cannot wrap around the trunk. LMAO

Hmm...

This about explains your complete detachment from reality.

You really are a plank.

On 4/21/2024 at 7:54 AM, Legato said:

You shoulda said "On CNN they said.." at the beginning, blamed the deforestation on cisgender white male wasps, and wrapped it up with a climate change bow at the end. 

It would have been hilarious to see robo, Rebound and Hodad repeating it.

On 4/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, CdnFox said:

What worries ME most is that if he wins your head will explode violently and i won't be able to think of a single nice thing to say at the funeral.

I can.

I'm gonna say: "He didn't fall for the one about the tree-climbing, cannibalistic cows." 

I'll need a witness though, because almost no one will believe it.

That's where you come in. TA-DA! Problem solved. 

Re: the OP...

I'm honestly worried that he can't put the brakes on this clown car shitshow. 

The US is on a pretty steep slope right now. 

Edited by WestCanMan

9 hours ago, User said:

You titled this thread to explain why you are worried about a Trump Presidency again, but then you brought up why you think he first got into politics and something he did in the last Presidency. Are you most worried that he is still trying to build a Trump Tower there?

He was in politics before running for President.

Trump only ever ran for anything before 2016 in 2000 when he dropped out of the race with 7%.

Of course Trump will build a Tower in Moscow IF Putin will let him.

9 hours ago, User said:

What do you base your claim on that he was selling out the nation for a Trump Tower in Moscow? 

He LIED about having business in Russia. Only reason he dropped the plan was "winning" the election and lack of interest from Putin..

9 hours ago, User said:

I will not comment on the quote you provided since you have already established that citing things like that doesn't mean you agree with any of it. 

No, it means I don't agree with ALL of what I quote. Why are YOU  LYING?

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Geez, can you imagine what that would be like? 🤣

Stupid POS. 

I can believe that's what Trump will do since he's promised that he will weaponize the DoJ for RETRIBUTION. AKA irrespective of EVIDENCE.

OTOH, Joe has been completely HANDS OFF and his DoJ is following EVIDENCE whether you understand that or not.

Just remember, prosecutors didn't indict Trump, GRAND JURIES DID.

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

I can believe that's what Trump will do since he's promised that he will weaponize the DoJ for RETRIBUTION. AKA irrespective of EVIDENCE.

OTOH, Joe has been completely HANDS OFF and his DoJ is following EVIDENCE whether you understand that or not.

Oh we'll remember robo-bot.

You can count on it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Lol..."robowoke" has his own truth. It's his and it's kept in a nice pink box with ribbons and bows. It's cute and it's all his.

But it needs to be put in a ziplock bag before it's kept in his nice pink box, so as to keep the stench from shattering his truth. 

Edited by Deluge
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

Trump only ever ran for anything before 2016 in 2000 when he dropped out of the race with 7%.

Of course Trump will build a Tower in Moscow IF Putin will let him.

He LIED about having business in Russia. Only reason he dropped the plan was "winning" the election and lack of interest from Putin..

No, it means I don't agree with ALL of what I quote. Why are YOU  LYING?

No, Cohen lied... but that doesn't answer my question. You asserted he was selling out the nation. Doing business in Russia in 2016 is not selling out the nation. Lots of people and business did business there. 

I am not lying, you are reading into my comment more absolutism than was there. The point was simply that you played games the last time an article was shared by you. Speaking of which... not sure you ever went back to answer the question if you did agree with it or not... 

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

The Biden DOJ was not merely following the evidence when they decided to target Pro-Life activists for retribution, dragging up a years old case that had long been passed over by other local law enforcement, because the guy was clearly innocent. 

Some Abortion supporting goon walked across the street to antagonize a Pro-Life dad and son and they got into an altercation because the guy was assaulting his son. It was on video and all the local law enforcement reviewed and declined any charges because the evidence didn't support any charges. 

Then Biden comes along with Garland and they not only drag that case back up, they send armed FBI/DOJ agents to the guys house, guns drawn, to drag him out in front of his family (when his lawyers had already said he would voluntarily come in if they decided to press charges). 

The guy was found innocent in like less than 2 hours by the jury, but the DOJ drug him through the mud, because the process is a form of punishment. 

Tell us again how Biden did not weaponize the DOJ... 

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Oh we'll remember robo-bot.

You can count on it.

I'm counting on the meaninglessness of your "remember." LMAO

You have NO POWER HERE, so you might as well stop PRETENDING.

6 hours ago, Deluge said:

robowoke hates the truth. 

Hates DELUGINAL pretense of HIS "TRUTH." AKA, LIES.

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol..."robowoke" has his own truth. It's his and it's kept in a nice pink box with ribbons and bows. It's cute and it's all his.

That's why I POST EVIDENCE and you DON'T.