Verified pro-Nazi X accounts flourish under Elon Musk

3 hours ago, Hodad said:

Nobody is "demanding" that X do anything to anyone. Brands are simply voting with their advertising dollars. Welcome to the free market!

If X wants those dollars they need to create a platform that is brand-friendly, and that means reinstating the content moderation that Musk foolishly gutted. 

Same same.

You get that they are voting with their advertising dollars to tell X that X must censor.

Just remember that all the hate that's directed at Elon Musk is because of 1 thing: Elon Musk broke the left's fascist strangle-hold on MSM and social media

Remember that in 2020 the MSM and big tech were all part of the "Trusted News Initiative", and they were all disseminating the same disinformation about covid, the 2020 election, etc, while cancelling the truth and vilifying anyone who dared tell it. 

If democracy survives this dark period in NA's history, then Elon Musk will be remembered as our saviour. If fascism wins then Elon will be remembered exactly the way these God-damned fascist want to remember him because the truth won't be accessible to anyone anymore. 

1 hour ago, Fluffypants said:

But you all can make up your own definition of gender?

I'm sure you think that was a clever comparison, but it's actually not. I think it's likely that you're ignorant of the meaning and usage of the word (which is fine, nobody knows everything). Gender has always meant the social constructs or characteristics related to biological sex, not the literal sexes themselves. If you've ever studied a foreign language, chances are you were taught about word genders--the masculine and feminine forms. 

I'll grant you that lots of other people have been confused on the distinction. "Gender" often pops up on forms in place of "sex," (I suspect that we're just a prudish people who are shy about the word "sex.") but that's a misuse. That's the invention of a "new definition."

54 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Same same.

You get that they are voting with their advertising dollars to tell X that X must censor.

No, there's a very large difference. 

Telling X that they must moderate is an instruction to X. It's absolute. It says what X must do. 

Telling X that we won't risk our brand reputation by advertising on an unmoderated platform is an action of the brand. It says what the brand (customer) will and won't do. 

X isn't entitled to those dollars. Nobody "owes" X their patronage. If they want to earn the money, they'll have to create a product advertisers want. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Just remember that all the hate that's directed at Elon Musk is because of 1 thing: Elon Musk broke the left's fascist strangle-hold on MSM and social media

Remember that in 2020 the MSM and big tech were all part of the "Trusted News Initiative", and they were all disseminating the same disinformation about covid, the 2020 election, etc, while cancelling the truth and vilifying anyone who dared tell it. 

If democracy survives this dark period in NA's history, then Elon Musk will be remembered as our saviour. If fascism wins then Elon will be remembered exactly the way these God-damned fascist want to remember him because the truth won't be accessible to anyone anymore. 

You really are a joke. You're rooting for a man to win the presidency who quite literally tried to illegally seize power in defiance of a democratic election. And then you turn around and pretend that "the left" is the clear and present threat to democracy. lol

"The only thing that can save us is swastikas in the public square! That's the only way we can be free. Bless Elon Musk!"

Edited by Hodad
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hodad said:

You really are a joke. You're rooting for a man to win the presidency that quite literally tried to illegally seize power in defiance of a democratic election. And then you turn around and pretend that "the left" is the clear and present threat to democracy. lol

"The only thing that can save us is swastikas in the public square! That's the only way we can be free. Bless Elon Musk!"

So you understand that those companies are essentially saying they are intolerant of free speech?

2 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

So you understand that those companies are essentially saying they are intolerant of free speech?

You're turning yourself inside out over this. 

Free speech has nothing to do with the market. It refers to the government regulation of speech. Always has. You are free to say (almost) anything you want without the government limiting your expression of opinion. But, as the old saying goes, free speech does not mean speech free of consequences. There have always been social and economic consequences to free speech. If you say the wrong things, people may not want to do business with you or to be associated with you.

If companies were intolerant of "free speech" they would exit jurisdictions with free speech provisions.

Instead, companies like mine, pulled our ad dollars out of X when placing our ads on X became a risk to our brand equity. That decision has nothing at all to do with free speech. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's not bad that Trump has some DEI policies, just like it's not bad that my gov't had some covid policies.

It would be bad if Trump said "We can't hire any more white males, hire unqualified people if you have to", just like it's bad that our gov't's policies killed young people and then swept their bodies under the rug. 

I see. So DEI is bad but not if Trump does it. 

You are a pathetic hypocrite.  

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Nope, it's because of Musk's moto: Freedom of speech for me, not for thee.

50 minutes ago, Hodad said:

You're turning yourself inside out over this. 

Free speech has nothing to do with the market. It refers to the government regulation of speech. Always has. You are free to say (almost) anything you want without the government limiting your expression of opinion. But, as the old saying goes, free speech does not mean speech free of consequences. There have always been social and economic consequences to free speech. If you say the wrong things, people may not want to do business with you or to be associated with you.

If companies were intolerant of "free speech" they would exit jurisdictions with free speech provisions.

Instead, companies like mine, pulled our ad dollars out of X when placing our ads on X became a risk to our brand equity. That decision has nothing at all to do with free speech. 

Someone else expressing their opinion on a free speech platform does not reflect on your company. Your company being intolerant of speech they disagree with does.

1 minute ago, gatomontes99 said:

Someone else expressing their opinion on a free speech platform does not reflect on your company. Your company being intolerant of speech they disagree with does.

You don't get to decide what "reflects on your company," their CUSTOMERS DO. 

11 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Someone else expressing their opinion on a free speech platform does not reflect on your company. 

Lol. Of course it does. People will absolutely judge you by the company you keep. You're being willfully naive if you want to pretend that people won't judge you by the company you keep. 

25 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I see. So DEI is bad but not if Trump does it. 

You are a pathetic hypocrite.  

I never said that DEI is 100% evil.

I don't think it's bad if companies have fair hiring practices, but I don't think this means that a company like FUBU is gonna hire white people either, right? 

If you go to the Chipotle fast food outlet here in Langley BC, all of the workers are non-white, all the time. 

I think that we're supposed to think that they're Mexicans, but everyone can tell the difference. There are Chinese, Philippinos, Indians, Koreans, etc., even blacks who can't pass for looking kinda Mexican-ish either, but never any white people. 

Is that DEI? Is that discrimination? I dunno. I should probably care more but there are other starter jobs for kids.

I still eat there, but I really hate how leftists and their id10tic policies drive a wedge between people. 

23 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Lol. Of course it does. People will absolutely judge you by the company you keep. You're being willfully naive if you want to pretend that people won't judge you by the company you keep. 

Really? What if a user here is a serial killer that rapes little children and makes monkeys smoke cigarettes around babies in a restaurant at the hospital? What does that make you a serial killer that rapes little children and makes monkeys smoke cigarettes around babies in a restaurant at the hospital sympathizer?

Edited by gatomontes99
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Really? What if a user here is a serial killer that rapes little children and makes monkeys smoke cigarettes around babies in a restaurant at the hospital? What does that make you a serial killer that rapes little children and makes monkeys smoke cigarettes around babies in a restaurant at the hospital sympathizer?

Users here are anonymous so you  have no way of knowing that status of any user, even if they CLAIM it here.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Users here are anonymous so you  have no way of knowing that status of any user, even if they CLAIM it here.

Users on X are anonymous as well, if they wish to be.

You don't even know to which company Hodad referred. Duh

I have money. I buy stuff. I'm a consumer.

All of the social media platforms have scummy types on them, X is no different in that regard. And Occupy Democrats was on there way before Musk took over, they're as bad as any Nazis. 

AJ+ has been on FB for years and they're vile. 

You'll never get all the scum off of social media. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Users on X are anonymous as well, if they wish to be.

I have money. I buy stuff. I'm a consumer.

But you don't even know IF Hodad's company sells "stuff," so your claim is superfluous.

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

All of the social media platforms have scummy types on them, X is no different in that regard. And Occupy Democrats was on there way before Musk took over, they're as bad as any Nazis. 

AJ+ has been on FB for years and they're vile. 

You'll never get all the scum off of social media. 

Really? OD killed 6M civilians? You're FOS.

Edited by robosmith

But you don't even know IF Hodad's company sells "stuff," so your claim is superfluous.

Yes I do. I'm 100% positive his company sold stuff on X. He said so. Therefore. As a user of X and a consumer with money, I was his companies target audience to some extent. But, not any more. Because his company doesn't like free speech so they won't advertise to me so I can make their company more profitable. That's bad on them.

6 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Yes I do. I'm 100% positive his company sold stuff on X. He said so. Therefore. As a user of X and a consumer with money, I was his companies target audience to some extent. But, not any more. Because his company doesn't like free speech so they won't advertise to me so I can make their company more profitable. That's bad on them.

He said they ADVERTISED, NOT sold "stuff." In any case, you don't know which to boycott. I suggest you boycott all of the advertisers just to be sure. LMAO

5 hours ago, robosmith said:

He said they ADVERTISED, NOT sold "stuff." In any case, you don't know which to boycott. I suggest you boycott all of the advertisers just to be sure. LMAO

Wow. So you think they advertise just to sponsor X and they have nothing to sell? Let me ask you something. Have you ever heard of a business giving another business money and expecting nothing in return? Have you ever heard of a business that doesn't sell something? It's like all you want to do is contradict me so you take the most asinine position you can just to be contradictory.