The Republican party is heading toward an all-out personality cult

The Guardian

Guy Reschenthaler of Pennsylvania told Fox News Digital: “In my lifetime, our nation has never been greater than under the leadership of President Donald J Trump".

History shows very clearly that this kind of collective delusion cannot be healed quickly or easily. Once into the tunnel, it becomes very difficult to recognize and acknowledge the grotesque failure of intelligence and judgement. They will try to silence and turn everyone around, only to not think and notice their patent and obvious !diocy. This is exactly how authoritarianism works.

Run!

One of those things one believed they wouldn't see in their lifetime. Wow, wow. What's next, intelligent aliens?

But the history teaches as that with this intelligent species, there's no such notion as "never". There seems to be one rule and that is, with any kind of !diocy/stupidity and atrocity, there will always be the first. Not if, not even how, just when.

The history is telling us clearly that once a group has entered this course, it may not be reversed easily. The mindless will drive it all the way to the outright insanity and the silent majority will stay silent and follow blindly, just to be safe and in keep status in the group. This is monkey politics, nothing more.

We are already seeing it playing out right before our eyes. It will not get better.

It can be the time to abandon the idea that lost its way and is rushing head first into insanity. Learn lessons, make a new start try to not repeat old and dumb mistakes. Though with one intelligent species that seems to be quite a tall order.

1 hour ago, myata said:

The history is telling us clearly that once a group has entered this course, it may not be reversed easily. The mindless will drive it all the way to the outright insanity and the silent majority will stay silent and follow blindly, just to be safe and in keep status in the group. This is monkey politics, nothing more.

We are already seeing it playing out right before our eyes. It will not get better.

It can be the time to abandon the idea that lost its way and is rushing head first into insanity. Learn lessons, make a new start try to not repeat old and dumb mistakes. Though with one intelligent species that seems to be quite a tall order.

There's a reason the vast majority of the MAGA CULT are barely HS graduates. Remember half of the population has an IQ under 100.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Remember half of the population has an IQ under 100.

In a way, it is true that a large part of the population will not be, and cannot be involved sufficiently closely in the politics to make responsible, informed decisions. But still, it gets the wind, the feel where the things are going. If there's a message, and a direction of hope and improvement it could get it. But if not, it can be easily sold to the ages old adage of a miracle panacea, just follow the lying piper and all your dreams will come true.

So the onus and responsibility are on the thinking part of the society, to create directions and opportunities of positive change, not point fingers or marvel at their own navel. In that work too, there's no simple "do nothing" avenues.

12 hours ago, robosmith said:

There's a reason the vast majority of the MAGA CULT are barely HS graduates. Remember half of the population has an IQ under 100.

You're insulting a lot of blacks and hispanics with that remark since a number of them have moved over to Trump for 2024.

Such hatred.

The hatred for Trump only started when he ran on the Republican side. Most people liked the man prior to that, including some ladies in the link below.

"He's an upstanding American"  Joy Behar

If I didn't see it with my own eyes...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ironstone said:

You're insulting a lot of blacks and hispanics with that remark since a number of them have moved over to Trump for 2024.

Such hatred.

The hatred for Trump only started when he ran on the Republican side. Most people liked the man prior to that, including some ladies in the link below.

You don't know Trump's history at all. He has been infamous for stiffing his contractors for decades.

Several bankruptcies left banks with huge losses while he skated.

Besides his settlement for racist renting violations, he was most infamous for taking out a several full page ads about the Central Park 5, including one calling for their execution AFTER DNA evidence exonerated them.

And those are JUST A FEW examples of his scurrilous behavior.

It is YOU who has only started paying attention when he ran on the Republican side

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It is YOU who has only started paying attention when he ran on the Republican side

No comment on Joy and Karen's previous admiration for Trump? Surely they must have been aware of everything you mentioned?

10 minutes ago, ironstone said:

No comment on Joy and Karen's previous admiration for Trump? Surely they must have been aware of everything you mentioned?

I'm sure he had some fans who were ignorant of his despicable behavior, just like today.

Though it is likely that very few knew about him bragging about sexual assault until the tape was publicized in 2016.

8 hours ago, ironstone said:

Such hatred.

I hate Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Putin, and Donald Trump.  

14 hours ago, Rebound said:

I hate Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Putin, and Donald Trump.  

Hitler and Stalin are responsible for 10's of millions of deaths. Putin is unquestionably a dictator through and through. People that oppose him often end up dead or in prison.

What has Trump done that puts him in the same league as these guys?

10 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Hitler and Stalin are responsible for 10's of millions of deaths. Putin is unquestionably a dictator through and through. People that oppose him often end up dead or in prison.

What has Trump done that puts him in the same league as these guys?

He's NOT "in the same league" as when those guys ACHIEVED their dictatorial powers, but HE CLEARLY and ADMITTEDLY aspires to be in THAT LEAGUE, which is why HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

He's NOT "in the same league" as when those guys ACHIEVED their dictatorial powers, but HE CLEARLY and ADMITTEDLY aspires to be in THAT LEAGUE, which is why HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

So he had four years to do it, but he just didn't? But if by some miracle he wins in 2024, this time he's really gonna do it??

You have no foundation to back up your claims that Trump wants to be Hitler or Stalin 2.0. 

Nobody can deny that Trump has his share of faults, but it's beyond ludicrous to suggest that he wants concentration camps or gulags.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ironstone said:

So he had four years to do it, but he just didn't? But if by some miracle he wins in 2024, this time he's really gonna do it??

He TRIED and FAILED. And LEARNED from his mistakes. Like Hitler did after HIS INSURRECTION and RE-ELECTION.

3 minutes ago, ironstone said:

You have no foundation to back up your claims that Trump wants to be Hitler or Stalin 2.0. 

Nobody can deny that Trump has his share of faults, but it's beyond ludicrous to suggest that he wants concentration camps or gulags.

He has stated he wants to be a DICTATOR and is PLANNING concentration camps for immigrants.

Maybe not enough to convince YOU, but Hitler was not as up front about HIS PLANS.

Edited by robosmith

6 minutes ago, robosmith said:

He has stated he wants to be a DICTATOR and is PLANNING concentration camps for immigrants.

So you believe that Trump wants concentration camps for immigrants? The Nazi concentration camps usually had crematoriums.

Will the Trump concentration camps come with the crematoriums too?🙄

17 minutes ago, ironstone said:

So you believe that Trump wants concentration camps for immigrants? The Nazi concentration camps usually had crematoriums.

Will the Trump concentration camps come with the crematoriums too?🙄

You believe dictators are stupid enough to tell the public their plans? That's why Hitler HID his crematoriums in POLAND.

We are fortunate that Trump has given us CLEAR WARNING of SOME of his plans. 

Hitler would PROBABLY not have been re-elected if he'd been honest about HIS PLANS.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:12 PM, myata said:

The Guardian

Guy Reschenthaler of Pennsylvania told Fox News Digital: “In my lifetime, our nation has never been greater than under the leadership of President Donald J Trump".

History shows very clearly that this kind of collective delusion cannot be healed quickly or easily. Once into the tunnel, it becomes very difficult to recognize and acknowledge the grotesque failure of intelligence and judgement. They will try to silence and turn everyone around, only to not think and notice their patent and obvious !diocy. This is exactly how authoritarianism works.

Run!

This dude clearly understands who the best candidate is, so why are you crying like a rainbow b*tch? 

5 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You are FAR FROM normal. Did the MAGA CULT cut your check this week.

You must be a PAID SHILL since you're on here 24/7.

I do come on here a lot. Maybe it's because I find you degenerates entertaining. I know that I do enjoy throwing your woke bullshit back in your faces. ;)

9 hours ago, Deluge said:

I do come on here a lot. Maybe it's because I find you degenerates entertaining. I know that I do enjoy throwing your woke bullshit back in your faces. ;)

And you have a vivid imagination if you believe anyone takes you the least bit seriously with your pathetic attempts to assert your OPINIONS which no one believes.

On 4/3/2024 at 2:54 PM, ironstone said:

Such hatred.

He was a "reality show" heel, and that's just entertainment. But it's not so funny when the reality show heel crosses over into reality--and suddenly actual Americans think it's a good idea to make this amoral caricature of a human being into the most powerful person on the planet. Very un-funny.

• Like 1