Stop the Anti-Free Speech Online Harms Bill

These latest attempts by LGBTQ2S+ and other identity groups to amend the Online Harms Bill reveal the dark and sinister oppression underway of religious rights and the rise of secular fascism.  Quebec has already moved down that road with Bill 20.  Christianity and other religions are being forced underground.  People are being compelled to say and think what they don’t believe, in violation of their faith.  The Online Harms Bill is another attempt to remove free speech from Canadians.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-religion-online-harms-bill/#:~:text=Globe and Mail-,MPs%2C Jewish groups seek to end religious hate-speech,defence in online harms bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the French & Indian Romanists with their boots upon your neck, Jacobite

only British North America defends individual liberty

Loyalist Orangemen of Upper Canada

Glorious Revolution of 1688

Nec Aspera Terrent

But the Orangemen of Upper Canada also seem hell bent on extinguishing themselves.  I agree that the ideas and values that established Canada are critical and worth defending, but where are the defenders?  Even Pierre Trudeau and Chretien saw that Canada had values worth protecting (“Who will speak for Canada?”), but we are succumbing to mindless top down statism, or worse, internationalism in the totalitarian communist sense. People are discouraged from saying what they think is right, which is the recipe for ending democracy. Self-harm and shrinking our carbon footprints to zero (nonexistence) seem to be the unspoken rule — but to do it “inclusively”.

Edited by Zeitgeist

47 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

but we are succumbing to mindless top down statism, or worse, internationalism in the totalitarian communist sense. People are discouraged from saying what they think is right, which is the recipe for ending democracy. Self-harm and shrinking our carbon footprints to zero (nonexistence) seem to be the unspoken rule — but to do it “inclusively”.

and so the mobs turned against the Nazarene at Golgotha

crucified for treason against Tiberius Caesar

rejoice at the coming of Biblical times

crucible is good for the soul

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

ScreenShot2024-03-30at4_36_31PM.thumb.png.8b846d0e0481c2458b9d0aa897d99699.png

Have you ever read any of Nigel Tranter's books? He's a widely acclaimed Scottish historian and easily one of my favourite authors.

He wrote dozens of books about Scots heroes such as Robert Bruce, James Douglas (book is called Black Douglas), Somerled MacGillebride (Lord of the Isles), Wallace (The Wallace), MacBeth (MacBeth The King) and several others. 

I highly recommend the ones above.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:39 AM, Zeitgeist said:

People are being compelled to say and think what they don’t believe, in violation of their faith.

It's crazy the way we're seeing false narratives crafted into history in this country, and how our history is being revised into something that it wasn't. 

I gotta admit though, I'm kind of enjoying seeing the alt-left LGBTQ narrative, the "trans are real women narrative", alienating women in sport, and also destroying the "equality of men and women in the armed forces and police" narrative. 

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

ScreenShot2024-03-30at4_36_31PM.thumb.png.8b846d0e0481c2458b9d0aa897d99699.png

Have you ever read any of Nigel Tranter's books? He's a widely acclaimed Scottish historian and easily one of my favourite authors.

He wrote dozens of books about Scots heroes such as Robert Bruce, James Douglas (book is called Black Douglas), Somerled MacGillebride (Lord of the Isles), Wallace (The Wallace), MacBeth (MacBeth The King) and several others. 

I highly recommend the ones above.

cheers

tho at my age now I am focused on extrapolating the practical lessons of our history

that being the central role played by the Lowland Scots Protestant Enlightenment

in the founding of modern Western civilization as we know it

Great Britain & America, the Anglo-American Empire of Liberty

particularly how that Enlightenment was the source of all our power & prosperity

and how that power & prosperity it rapidly waning

as the Scottish Enlightenment is overrun by an unholy alliance of Marxist Leninist's & Islamofascists

playing out in the streets of the once Orange stronghold of Toronto

Canada burns while the Romanist usurper Trudeau fiddles

history occurring in real time, at breathtaking pace

bydand

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

But the Orangemen of Upper Canada also seem hell bent on extinguishing themselves.

I would suggest that we have simply become American conservative Evangelicals

if you can't beat them, join them

to wit, even General Brock would side with the Republicans at this juncture

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, herbie said:

Oh help us please... we're being oppressed by the people who don't give a shit about what other people believe in.

Move to France in that case.  Supposedly Canada still has freedom of religious expression.  

Edited by Zeitgeist