the way to heaven, abolish money

On 3/8/2024 at 11:46 AM, Gaétan said:

Money facilitates and engenders the culture of selfishness, but it's the opposite if your reward is the gratification of volunteering.

One must choose to volunteer.  That is part of the issue. 

Nature of man, is one that is incredibly selfish and greedy.

In the Philippines,  highly God fearing country, I would go to church and many priests would push this humility speech. How those who struggle most, have some type of greater space with God--all while being inside churches that look like castles and some decked out in gold.

Imagine, my step mom is protestant. Some of these churches have been linked to swindling, albeit legal.

So even churches fall to those natural instincts.

Seeing a sucker, and wanting to get all you can get out of them.

Of course not all are like this.

Blaming money, ignores what was used to pay for goods in the past. 

Currency has never been the issue.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:30 AM, Gaétan said:

all we have to do is to work free of charge and every body have what they need

This doesn't work socially. Its been attempted.

It  only enriches those at the top.

You're thinking based on your ideals. Morals. 

Nothing wrong with this.

Issue, is you're ignoring the reality.

Things cost money. Let's just say I want to build homes for all the homeless. Free of charge.

Great. 

But the reality, is there will be a requirement to find cash to do so with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

One must choose to volunteer.  That is part of the issue. 

Nature of man, is one that is incredibly selfish and greedy.

In the Philippines,  highly God fearing country, I would go to church and many priests would push this humility speech. How those who struggle most, have some type of greater space with God--all while being inside churches that look like castles and some decked out in gold.

Imagine, my step mom is protestant. Some of these churches have been linked to swindling, albeit legal.

So even churches fall to those natural instincts.

Seeing a sucker, and wanting to get all you can get out of them.

Of course not all are like this.

Blaming money, ignores what was used to pay for goods in the past. 

Currency has never been the issue.

The so-called Christian churches do not represent Jesus but the devil who appropriated them. As an example, Jesus told the apostles not to take money, but their representatives did exactly the opposite, and the opposite of God is the devil.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

This doesn't work socially. Its been attempted.

It  only enriches those at the top.

You're thinking based on your ideals. Morals. 

Nothing wrong with this.

Issue, is you're ignoring the reality.

Things cost money. Let's just say I want to build homes for all the homeless. Free of charge.

Great. 

But the reality, is there will be a requirement to find cash to do so with.

We need cash to get what we import but we can get that with the money we get by exportation outside, and we don't need money inside the country because labor is voluntarily done by workers without charge.

Edited by Gaétan

23 hours ago, Gaétan said:

we don't need money inside the country because labor is voluntarily done by workers without charge.

How does my immigrant employees help their families back home?

There no longer is a need to immigrate. Or a purpose.

I just don't understand how you expect to eliminate currency, or rather feel it can be made possible. 

11 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

How does my immigrant employees help their families back home?

There no longer is a need to immigrate. Or a purpose.

I just don't understand how you expect to eliminate currency, or rather feel it can be made possible. 

Immigrants' donations to their families can be considered as our country's donations as international solidarity, so we give them the money that comes from export income to give to their families

On 3/26/2024 at 10:28 PM, Gaétan said:

Immigrants' donations to their families can be considered as our country's donations as international solidarity, so we give them the money that comes from export income to give to their families

I remember debating with someone feeling sex was disgusting, and that women should adapt to them.

That if a woman wanted to be intimate, they should accommodate him. If insemination was the purpose, he could use a turkey baster, get her to bend over, and get the job done.

To him, this was purely logical. He couldn't understand why people were laughing, as he hadn't considered the woman's feelings.

Imagine me pulling out a turkey baster and telling my wife to bend over. I would be missing teeth.

The logic you're using, is similarly devoid of the reality and writings between the lines that kind of gets in the way.

47 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I remember debating with someone feeling sex was disgusting, and that women should adapt to them.

That if a woman wanted to be intimate, they should accommodate him. If insemination was the purpose, he could use a turkey baster, get her to bend over, and get the job done.

To him, this was purely logical. He couldn't understand why people were laughing, as he hadn't considered the woman's feelings.

Imagine me pulling out a turkey baster and telling my wife to bend over. I would be missing teeth.

The logic you're using, is similarly devoid of the reality and writings between the lines that kind of gets in the way.

It has nothing to do with the system i said to get rid of slavery and make people happy.

On 3/28/2024 at 10:23 AM, Gaétan said:

to get rid of slavery and make people happy.

Money being eliminated won't eliminate slavery.

Just like prostitution being illegal or free, won't stop lonely men with urges to stop having them.

You're basing your worldview on an old book, that has seldom adapted itself to the massive changes in the way the world operates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

You're basing your worldview on an old book, that has seldom adapted itself to the massive changes in the way the world operates.

No, I don't think he is basing his worldview on the Bible.  It is his own warped thinking. He has a very simplistic view of things and lives in a different reality.

The Bible is just as valid today as it was in the distant past.  It is not something that needs to adapt to the world.  The ways of the world are contrary to the Bible.  The Bible has essential truth that is valid for all times.  The world does not rule God.  God is sovereign over the world and he created it.

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

No, I don't think he is basing his worldview on the Bible.  It is his own warped thinking. He has a very simplistic view of things and lives in a different reality.

The Bible is just as valid today as it was in the distant past.  It is not something that needs to adapt to the world.  The ways of the world are contrary to the Bible.  The Bible has essential truth that is valid for all times.  The world does not rule God.  God is sovereign over the world and he created it.

That's true but if you honor a wrong god you are lost.

21 hours ago, blackbird said:

God is sovereign over the world and he created it.

He gave that to Satan, or the whole temptation of Jesus was a lie. Choose.

Have you forgotten Satan's special gift from Yahweh that says she can deceive the whole world?

Without Satan, you would not be here. 

Is Satan divine for initiating knowledge of reproduction in us?

This poorly titled clip gives some of the learned logic of Eden as a coming-of-age yarn. 

The only fault I see is his thinking Satan to be male when she is obviously female for both reality and elsewhere. Check the Exsultet hymn to confirm this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpvmbBYtOAk

Satan, like Jesus, has been named as a bringer of light in the bible.

Should we continue with biblical logic and name Satan divine?

Remembering the duality always shown in scriptures, ----- Is Satan the Yin to Jesus as Yang?

I know God knows to venerate life, and knows that Satan is the key that opens that door.

I will answer for her in a way that will have you name her divine and do as scriptures bid you do.

Recognize the Jewish concept of Original Virtue as coming out of Eden.

Recognize the twist in language and interpretations, as Christians sing that sin is a happy fault and necessary to God and nature.

Opposite word, original sin, and original virtue, saying the same thing.

All initiated by the bringer of light, Satan.

13 hours ago, Gaétan said:

That's true but if you honor a wrong god you are lost.

You are admitting that there are more than one God. Yes?

On 3/29/2024 at 2:08 PM, blackbird said:

You honor the wrong god.

12 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I think he's lost.

Many are.

It is a thankless duty, but duty forces us to try to reduce the harm religions are doing to the moral fibre of the country.

You may have noted over time, that the right wing Christians have been shame off of many forums and no longer engage.

Our friend at least has the stones to engage, except in moral issues of course, and it allows us to correct at least one lost soul directly and lurkers bum chance.

12 hours ago, Gaétan said:

God is God written with a big ''G'' when i write god with a small ''g'' i mean the devil

Why does Yahweh, big G to you, have such a high mass murderous record as compared to your Devil?

Why did your fool of a God give Satan even more power to deceive before putting her beside Eve in Eden?

Why when he would have known that Satan would tempt Eve. 

Looks like a set up and smell the same way. Right?

Posted (edited)

Why God permit the evil:

John 

9 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

There is no salvation without sacrifice, the easy way is not the right one.

t 713 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Edited by Gaétan

Hey, I appreciate your perspective. While living in a world without money sounds ideal, it's also important to consider practicalities. Money facilitates trade and helps meet diverse needs efficiently. Volunteering is indeed fulfilling, but for many, it's not feasible to sustain life without income. Finding a balance between monetary transactions and altruistic actions might lead to a more harmonious society.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, babetteteets said:

Hey, I appreciate your perspective. While living in a world without money sounds ideal, it's also important to consider practicalities. Money facilitates trade and helps meet diverse needs efficiently. Volunteering is indeed fulfilling, but for many, it's not feasible to sustain life without income. Finding a balance between monetary transactions and altruistic actions might lead to a more harmonious society.

Indeed. 

I see the ancients as doing just that when they set their demographic shape of power to their city states of limited resources. 

That being a God archetype that was to be nameless and mysterious at the top, followed by a King to look after the bodies, and a priest to look after the spirit. 

The King created the coin, that money being called "bread" even today, and the well respected Temple Prostitutes to pay a coin for a bushel of grain. The Temple Prostitutes made the economy work by adding value to it.

This was done in conjunction with trying to sanctify sex between man and wife while keeping the occasions low so as to reduce child sacrifices in bad tames.

We should be as wise today and reset our socio economic demographic pyramid.

Strangely, if we did it right, and locked it in that best form, then what our friend proposes on cashless could work.

He is missing the step of ridding his proposal of the insecurity and lack of trust that people naturally have to change.

Profits for all can be shown by such a system, but there is no way to sell it to the greater population. Their insecurity is overriding common sense. 

On 4/5/2024 at 9:29 AM, babetteteets said:

What i say is to base our economy on gift in our country but use money for trade with other countries to begin and when other countries will also abolish money we can have gift economy between us. 

On 4/6/2024 at 9:44 AM, Gaétan said:

What i say is to base our economy on gift in our country but use money for trade with other countries to begin and when other countries will also abolish money we can have gift economy between us. 

Gifts of different value sounds exactly like the bills coming out of my wallet.

You are not changing anything.

All you are doing is changing the nomenclature.

Show how you would end poverty when the poor have no gifts to trade and then you will have my ear.

Changing your name would not make your idea sound so stop trying to substitute the word gift for money.