DEI is about to DIE and it's about time

17 minutes ago, Fluffypants said:

Good, DEI is awful and incredibly racist and creates the opposite effect than they anticipated when it comes to race relations in the workplace.

Oh...is the outcome NOT what they wanted?

• Thanks 1

um, do you guys read anything you cite? i mean, beyond the headline?

'“Zoom remains committed to DEI and ensuring its principles remain firmly rooted in our DNA across our entire company.” '

"Too often, when companies are forced to trim headcount, DEI jobs are among the first to go."

not defending it per se... but KPI's that drive profit are going to be hard to nail down. so it'll be one of those things that go first if you are just trying to keep the lights on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, godzilla said:

'“Zoom remains committed to DEI and ensuring its principles remain firmly rooted in our DNA across our entire company.” '

"Too often, when companies are forced to trim headcount, DEI jobs are among the first to go."

not defending it per se... but KPI's that drive profit are going to be hard to nail down. so it'll be one of those things that go first if you are just trying to keep the lights on.

Of course they're among the first to go. The ONLY reason they stay is because some bored sociopaths from the Left decided to infiltrate corporate America. DEI doesn't serve any REAL purpose, it's just there to get wokejobs sexually excited. 

Edited by Deluge
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, godzilla said:

So committed they fired all the staff.  Gotcha :)

Because it's useless and does not do anything positive for the business other than some mindless virtue signalling.

Yes. Development matters. sales and marketing matters. DEI is utterly useless and in fact frequently makes businesses less competative.  So it gets the axe first.

The thing is that trend will tend to coninue. Zoom will likely be more successful and competative as a result, and other companies wanting to compete with them will have to step it up as well and that means trimming the fat.

When things get tough companies cut the bullshit, and DEI is bullshit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluffypants said:

Good, DEI is awful and incredibly racist and creates the opposite effect than they anticipated when it comes to race relations in the workplace.

They never wanted race relations in the first place. It's a divisive tool and they know it. The only thing that matters to these people is the marginalization of whites. 

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

"Zoom remains committed to DEI...". is just virtue signaling. Its intended to show everyone how "progressive" Zoom is but even they know DEI is a crock of rotten kimchi. 

yeah i get all of your points. that you don't believe that certain populations that have been poor for a very long time do not deserve to be properly represented in the workplace, public sector and education. even if the government could pass a law in a day and have them shipped overseas to take a bullet in the head.

and that you are all old white guys.

i did some consulting in Atlanta in the 90's for a few short months. all of the management were white males. all of the non-management were blacks. the management i communicated with let out that they had a management practice that if non-management workers got "uppity" then they would "re-nigg". i... kid... you... not. they laughed. maybe it was just a joke. i wasn't around long enough to find out.

Edited by godzilla
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

yeah i get all of your points. that you don't believe that certain populations that have been poor for a very long time do not deserve to be properly represented in the workplace, public sector and education. even if the government could pass a law in a day and have them shipped overseas to take a bullet in the head.

i did some consulting in Atlanta in the 90's for a few short months. all of the management were white males. all of the non-management were blacks. the management i communicated with let out that they had a management practice that if non-management workers got "uppity" then they would "re-nigg". i... kid... you... not. they laughed. maybe it was just a joke. i wasn't around long enough to find out.

Talk about DEI's stance on white people. 

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Talk about DEI's stance on white people. 

no, just old white guys who were never very successful in life.

if you were successful, you would understand that old white guys are not the only customers. that a proper slice of the population are. and when customers interact with your firm and all they see is old white guys then... they consider doing business elsewhere all things equal. i mean Zoom is not the only player on the block is it?

and so DEI is actually a business value proposition. because if you're not doing it then your competitor is.

Edited by godzilla

5 minutes ago, godzilla said:

if you were successful, you would understand that old white guys are not the only customers. that a proper slice of the population are. and when customers interact with your firm and all they see is old white guys then... they consider doing business elsewhere all things equal. i mean Zoom is not the only player on the block is it?

and so DEI is actually a business value proposition. because if you're not doing it then your competitor is.

I watch commercials today and at least 80% of them are either all black or partially black. Are you trying to tell me that this should be the norm? 

You can't make a f*cking movie or television series these days without having some form of "representation" in it. Is this how America must roll? 

The vast majority of the NFL and NBA is black. Does that reflect the demographics of this country? If sports is dominated by black people, why shouldn't corporate America be dominated by white people? Why not allow white people to excel at what they do best? 

42 minutes ago, godzilla said:

literally not what anyone said at all. But some very creative  "re-imagining" on your part :)

Ahhh there's the bigotry we've come to know and love from the left :).  And - you squished sexism racism AND ageism all in one sentance! Very efficient.  What were you saying about inclusiveness again? Did you perhaps fire your DEI people recently?

i did some consulting in Atlanta in the 90's for a few short months. all of the management were white males. all of the non-management were blacks.

And you worked for them? Racist.

Look - nobody anywhere is claiming there's no racism out there.  And in fact at least in canada it can go the other way where some businesses are all about the chinese and some pretty much require you're east indian, but at the end of the day the way to address that is not with stupid internal deparments that suck up cash and resources without improving your product.

52 minutes ago, godzilla said:

It's a differentiation point for hiring and products in a world where margins are tight.  The boycott factor is there of course.

Good for you for being able to bring actual facts and ideas to a discussion, rather than just post your own moral viewpoint as though that's relevant.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's a differentiation point for hiring and products in a world where margins are tight.  The boycott factor is there of course.

Good for you for being able to bring actual facts and ideas to a discussion, rather than just post your own moral viewpoint as though that's relevant.

Your contention is that we're all 'old white men'  and that's why we think this way is 'actual facts' and not moral viewpoints?

You get why you sometimes get called a hypocrite right?

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

You can't make a f*cking movie or television series these days without having some form of "representation" in it. Is this how America must roll? 

Its a free country. but i guess some under represented components of the population have realized that they have power.

i'm reminded that everything was tried to end Apartheid in South Africa but as soon as blacks boycotted white businesses in Port Elizabeth in 1985... it was over.

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

Its a free country. but i guess some under represented components of the population have realized that they have power.

i'm reminded that everything was tried to end Apartheid in South Africa but as soon as blacks boycotted white businesses in Port Elizabeth in 1985... it was over.

That's right, it is a free country. 

So why are you still crying about white people? 

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/dei-initiatives-not-supported-by-the-empirical-evidence-canadian-researcher-says

DEI initiatives 'not supported by the empirical evidence,' Canadian researcher says

A study of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) research found that such instruction leads 'to greater prejudice and even harm

It's why companies are dropping that shit like toxic waste. It's poison to any organization. 

• Thanks 1