4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

He must not have had proper palliative care.  There are lots of pain medications out there.  We don't know the details of what kind of palliative care he received.

Are you really in a position to judge someone’s pain and judge their palliative treatment?  

If you think you are in that kind of position, you’re simply an awful human being. 

Just now, blackbird said:

Would you kill your own mother if you thought she was suffering too much or would you seek palliative care for her?

My mother would choose for herself.   I would be there to hold her hand as she floated away to heaven. 

Would you abandon your own mother, or berate her on her death bed, if she chose MAID?

Edited by TreeBeard

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

He must not have had proper palliative care.  There are lots of pain medications out there.  We don't know the details of what kind of palliative care he received.

Mercy killing is not the solution.

Better palliative care is the answer.

We hear all the time of how people are be scared into MAID by the Devil using fear as a tool.

"Don't let people choose the manner of their own death, just keep them in a permanently doped up stupor until the clock runs down" is just so Christian.

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Are you really in a position to judge someone’s pain and judge their palliative treatment?  

If you think you are in that kind of position, you’re simply an awful human being. 

My mother would choose for herself.   I would be there to hold her hand as she floated away to heaven. 

Would you abandon your own mother, or berate her on her death bed, if she chose MAID?

I would chose palliative care and forget MAID. I wouldn't bend my knee to the Devil.

Edited by blackbird

Just now, Black Dog said:

"Don't let people choose the manner of their own death, just keep them in a permanently doped up stupor until the clock runs down" is just so Christian.

It is not Christian to murder people or get someone else to do it.  Anyone who thinks killing people is ok needs to read the Bible and get on their knees before God and ask Jesus Christ to save him.  Repent and believe the gospel.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

I would chose palliative care and forget MAID. I wouldn't bow my knee to the Devil.

Unless you're currently suffering from a terminal illness that will lead to a slow and agonizing decline and death, this means absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

I would chose palliative care and forget MAID. I wouldn't bow my knee to the Devil.

Thats what you would choose….  I asked about your momma. You don’t get to choose for others. 

If your mother chose MAID would you abandon her to die alone?  Hold a crucifix to her face and berate her for choosing how she was going to die?

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It is not Christian to murder people or get someone else to do it.  Anyone who thinks killing people is ok needs to read the Bible and get on their knees before God and ask Jesus Christ to save him.  Repent and believe the gospel.

I watched my mom, a lifelong Catholic, die slowly of cancer and I didn't see that mfer Jesus anywhere in the months and days lading up to her death so you can stash that b.s. where the sun don't shine.

Edited by Black Dog

1 minute ago, Black Dog said:

Unless you're currently suffering from a terminal illness that will lead to a slow and agonizing decline and death, this means absolutely nothing.

The Devil obviously has scared you into believing you will die a slow agonizing death.  Many people have bought into that lie and that is why they are choosing MAID.  Such cases are very rare.  Killing people is not the solution.  You need to turn to God and his word and ask him to save you.  Hell is no place to go.

I watched my mom, a lifelong Catholic, die slowly of cancer and I didn't see that mfer Jesus anywhere in the months and days lading up to her death so you can stash that b.s. where the sun don't shine.

"36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "  John 3:36

We are told we are all sinners and need to be born again.  All I can tell you is what the Bible says.  There are only two places to go, heaven or hell.

The Devil obviously has scared you into believing you will die a slow agonizing death.  Many people have bought into that lie and that is why they are choosing MAID.  Such cases are very rare.  Killing people is not the solution.  You need to turn to God and his word and ask him to save you.  Hell is no place to go.

"such cases are very rare" what the hell are you talking about. Also Hell isn't real.

"36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "  John 3:36

We are told we are all sinners and need to be born again.  All I can tell you is what the Bible says.  There are only two places to go, heaven or hell.

You can believe whatever hoodoo nonsense you want but you have no right to dictate how anyone else manages the end of their lives.

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Mercy killing is not the solution.

Better palliative care is the answer.

We hear all the time of how people are be scared into MAID by the Devil using fear as a tool.

They tried all sorts of things, including experimental "breakthrough" pain medication. It reached a point where it seemed to be doing nothing. I believe if you were in that situation too, you would also be begging to be put out of your misery. He was also a very devout Christian--it very much defined him. But by the end he was questioning a God that would put him through something like that.

"such cases are very rare" what the hell are you talking about. Also Hell isn't real.

That's what the Devil wants you to believe.   Hell is real.  Read the Bible.

Just now, Black Dog said:

You can believe whatever hoodoo nonsense you want but you have no right to dictate how anyone else manages the end of their lives.

I don't make the laws but I have as much right to oppose MAID as you do to support it.  We do have freedom of speech.  Do you understand that?

2 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

They tried all sorts of things, including experimental "breakthrough" pain medication. It reached a point where it seemed to be doing nothing. I believe if you were in that situation too, you would also be begging to be put out of your misery. He was also a very devout Christian--it very much defined him. But by the end he was questioning a God that would put him through something like that.

I can't speak to something like that.

All I can tell you is what God says in the Bible.  That is, that human life belongs to God and only He has the right to decide when it ends.

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Would you abandon your mom to die alone if she chose MAID?  

I answered your attempted “gotcha” question about my mom….  why are you avoiding it?  Or you change the topic to what you would choose for your mom, which isn’t the question. 

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's what the Devil wants you to believe.   Hell is real.  Read the Bible.

I don't make the laws but I have as much right to oppose MAID as you do to support it.  We do have freedom of speech.  Do you understand that?

I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school and church every Sunday and my conclusion after about 17 years was that it is all Bullshit.

Just now, Chrissy1979 said:

You're going about "Christianity" all wrong.

IDK the whole "suffering now for some potential reward in the hereafter" is kinda Christianity's whole thing.

Shallow knowledge.  A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Of course people care for and love people who do things that they disagree with. There’s so much ignorance and thoughtlessness out there.  Too much of that has been empowered and now we all get to pay the price.

37 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Would you abandon your mom to die alone if she chose MAID?  

I answered your attempted “gotcha” question about my mom….  why are you avoiding it?  Or you change the topic to what you would choose for your mom, which isn’t the question. 

I don't try to play word games with the Devil.

27 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

You're going about "Christianity" all wrong.

Just showing you not everyone dies in excrutiating pain as the MAID proponents would have you believe.

Regardless of pain or not, and I don't wish it on anyone, human life is in God's hands.  We don't have a right to end it for any reason except in certain cases like the death penalty for murder, self defence, etc. 

30 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school and church every Sunday and my conclusion after about 17 years was that it is all Bullshit.

I have studied what Catholicism is all about and I believe it is contrary to the Bible.  Study the Bible and find out for yourself.  The Catholic church cannot save anyone.

39 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

IDK the whole "suffering now for some potential reward in the hereafter" is kinda Christianity's whole thing.

No, that is not what Christianity is about.  You don't know what the Bible teaches obviously.

Some Roman Catholics believe suffering will earn something, but that is not the kind of thing the Bible teaches, although there is some revelation that Christians do suffer in this world in various ways.   I can't say that following God and being a Christian doesn't mean one won't suffer.  Many Christians have suffered down through ages just for being Christians.

But when one doesn't choose MAID, it is not because he wants to suffer.  One reason is  because he knows his body belongs to God and it is God's business to determine when he dies, not man's.  That is just plain respect for God's commands and teachings and God's will.  

Edited by blackbird