Bidenomics: DOW Hits All-Time High!

The DJIA hit 38,000, an all-time high!!!

And unemployment is at sustained record lows! Gas prices have fallen! Interest rates are scheduled to drop.  

Joe Biden has been an unqualified success!  America certainly isn’t destroyed, eh? 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

The DOW is at an all time high.  The annual deficit is at an all time high. The debt is at an all time high, as is the trillion dollar interest payment to just service the debt

Bankruptcies are way up, inflation remains high as does illegal immigration, and it’s all on Joe Biden.  Sorry if I’m stealing your thunder…

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

The DOW is at an all time high.  The annual deficit is at an all time high. The debt is at an all time high, as is the trillion dollar interest payment to just service the debt

Bankruptcies are way up, inflation remains high as does illegal immigration, and it’s all on Joe Biden.  Sorry if I’m stealing your thunder…

Inflation has declined to 3%. You should really pay attention to the news.

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

And this is the problem.  Inflation has also been high and it will be some time before people's wages catch up. As in a couple of years.

He's pumped money out to make it LOOK like things are going great for the election year. And they'll be pressuring the feds to reduce interest rates as the year progresses.

But if you look at the stock market, its' mostly speculation. Companies that are showing good results are seeing their stock go up over value and companies that are doing less well are seeing their stock go down more than it should.

Personal expenditures went up like crazy last year and savings declined substantially, and they are no where near recovered.

but they are moving in the right direction. This is a decent economy right now - it's not great, and it's still very much a recovery economy from the damage he did previously, and there are some long term negatives, but it could be worse.

Of course he's feverently hoping things stay decent enough to get him off the hook at the next election :) but people are clearly still pissed about  his poor performance to date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkman said:

Biden's deficits are about half of what he inherited from Trump. Bankruptcies are up because you can now include student loan debt in some circumstances. Inflation has dropped but it's still above target.

But again, by almost every metric the Biden economy is better than pre-pandemic Trump and dramatically recovered from what he inherited. That's just numbers being numbers. They don't listen to Trump or Fox 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Biden's deficits are about half of what he inherited from Trump. Bankruptcies are up because you can now include student loan debt in some circumstances. Inflation has dropped but it's still above target.

But again, by almost every metric the Biden economy is better than pre-pandemic Trump and dramatically recovered from what he inherited. That's just numbers being numbers. They don't listen to Trump or Fox 

What a liar.  From every angle.

Here's the debt vs gdp - spiked like hell under biden. That big blip  at the end is 2020 ant its still high as hell

image.thumb.png.ffaa5f40c6d5a737ee0eabde4bc8e626.png

Here's the deficit.  Both Obama AND Biden beat trump - biden by a landslide. THat big dip is biden (which is appropriate) and he still isn't up to trumps worst yet.

image.thumb.png.e4074293f7937554f6974a526759866d.png

Biden has been an absolutely reckless spender, which is why the us struggled with such high inflation.  And why the stock market has gone up.

But that spending will be an anchor on the economy for years to come.

So the real question is - why did you feel the need to fib about it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

What a liar.  From every angle.

Here's the debt vs gdp - spiked like hell under biden. That big blip  at the end is 2020 ant its still high as hell

image.thumb.png.ffaa5f40c6d5a737ee0eabde4bc8e626.png

Here's the deficit.  Both Obama AND Biden beat trump - biden by a landslide. THat big dip is biden (which is appropriate) and he still isn't up to trumps worst yet.

image.thumb.png.e4074293f7937554f6974a526759866d.png

Biden has been an absolutely reckless spender, which is why the us struggled with such high inflation.  And why the stock market has gone up.

But that spending will be an anchor on the economy for years to come.

So the real question is - why did you feel the need to fib about it?

Your deficit chart doesn’t even show Biden deficits, you bonehead.  

Budgets get passed for the coming year. In 2020, with Trump in office, Congress passed the budget for 2021.  Your chart doesn’t show the 2022-2023 deficits.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Rebound said:

So biden WASN"T elected in 2020? I'd heard that from the trump people but i didbn't think you subscribed to it :) 

Budgets get passed for the coming year. In 2020, with Trump in office, Congress passed the budget for 2021.  

Sigh.  Why must you insist on being so stupid?

the budget may be voted on along with discretionary spending but it is COMMON for additional funds to be voted on AFTER that.

For example - biden voted in 624 billion in additional spending right at the beginning of his term in 2020.  That's HIS money, not trumps as you claim. And that would NOT be the last time. He has MANY times voted for ADDITIONAL money not in the budgets.

So yea- it's on him.

Your chart doesn’t show the 2022-2023 deficits.  

But it does show 2021-2022. So 2 out of his three years.  Man - i was really hoping you could count to 2 on your own.

But - if you want to look at those numbers - from the treasury:

In FY 2023 total government spending was $6.13 trillion and total revenue was $4.44 trillion, resulting in a deficit of $1.70 trillion, an increase of $320 billion from the previous fiscal year.

Here - i found an updated chart, here's up to 2023.

image.thumb.png.93d4151bbd47e31ed73d624079b607a9.png

So it got worse.  It's heading in the WRONG direction

NOw if the economy is doing well, why do we need to borrow billions more?

Bottom line  - both obama's and Biden's deficits were FAR worse than trumps - the claim that was made that they're LESS is an utter lie.

Why do  you insist on looking like a m0r0n so frequently? Seriously?  I mean - that info is readily available and you couldn't even count to 2. It's like you WANT the whole world to think you're denser than lead. 

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So biden WASN"T elected in 2020? I'd heard that from the trump people but i didbn't think you subscribed to it :) 

the budget may be voted on along with discretionary spending but it is COMMON for additional funds to be voted on AFTER that.

For example - biden voted in 624 billion in additional spending right at the beginning of his term in 2020.  That's HIS money, not trumps as you claim. And that would NOT be the last time. He has MANY times voted for ADDITIONAL money not in the budgets.

So yea- it's on him.

But it does show 2021-2022. So 2 out of his three years.  Man - i was really hoping you could count to 2 on your own.

But - if you want to look at those numbers - from the treasury:

In FY 2023 total government spending was $6.13 trillion and total revenue was $4.44 trillion, resulting in a deficit of $1.70 trillion, an increase of $320 billion from the previous fiscal year.

Here - i found an updated chart, here's up to 2023.

image.thumb.png.93d4151bbd47e31ed73d624079b607a9.png

So it got worse.  It's heading in the WRONG direction

NOw if the economy is doing well, why do we need to borrow billions more?

Bottom line  - both obama's and Biden's deficits were FAR worse than trumps - the claim that was made that they're LESS is an utter lie.

Why do  you insist on looking like a m0r0n so frequently? Seriously?  I mean - that info is readily available and you couldn't even count to 2. It's like you WANT the whole world to think you're denser than lead. 

You’re utterly, absolutely, completely FOS.

Anyone can see that Donald Trump racked up the largest debts in our nation’s history. That is clear. With no support for increasing taxes, and debt interest payments increasing because of his predecessor’s obscene debt spending, it’s no wonder that America cannot possibly balance its budget.  

• Thanks 2

Just now, Rebound said:

You’re utterly, absolutely, completely FOS.

Uh oh - someone realized they were wrong and is having a hissy fit :)  And once again his being wrong is somehow MY fault.

Anyone can see that Donald Trump racked up the largest debts in our nation’s history.

Dude - i literally posted from the treasury data.  He just didn't, sorry. Biden has done worse and we're not even at the end of his 4 years yet.

That is clear.

I posted actual charts and facts. You have posted nothing.

If we add them up, including this year's budget deficit (which will certainly be worse as biden adds to it) then the numbers are

trump (beginning 2016 - 2020 fiscal ) is 5.95 trillion.  Biden is 6.5 trillion for 2021 - 2024.   These are real numbers.  Biden is worse by far. And if you snip the 2020-2021 out of it for covid (gives  them each a year) then biden is HORRIBLE.

These are simple verifiable facts. They cannot really be debated.

As i often ask - why on earth do you feel the need to lie like that? You KNOW you're going to look like a complete 1diot. The facts are easy to find and simple.  You KNOW you're wrong.  But you persist.

Do you think you're somehow helping biden to be dishonest?  Surely there's a better argument than simply denying the truth.

Anyway, turns out you're wrong again, how boring.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

Budgets get passed for the coming year. In 2020, with Trump in office, Congress passed the budget for 2021.  Your chart doesn’t show the 2022-2023 deficits.  

Oh, Jeebus. I didn't see that post--and there is a reason some people deserve to be on ignore. Just more dishonest trolling.

It should go without saying that Joe Biden, sworn in on Jan 20, 2021, is not responsible for the deficits in 2020. And, as always, the larger timeline shows pretty clearly that of the two parties to choose from, the Democrats are the party of fiscal responsibility, forced time and again to dig out of the hole left by Republican predecessors.

Back to the point the other day, these MAGA kooks cannot read and decipher basic charts and graphs. Hard to debate facts with people who have never met one.

image.png.135d5ac668a1b6d8b3b047ac794b166e.png

4 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

The ups and downs of the stock market are not a one stop shop indicator of overall economic health. Especially the DJIA. It is one data point amongst many. 

Yes, as always, that's very true. I think it's just a little funny to skewer the MAGA boasting points.

Edited by Hodad

7 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Oh, Jeebus. I didn't see that post--and there is a reason some people deserve to be on ignore. Just more dishonest trolling.

It should go without saying that Joe Biden, sworn in on Jan 20, 2021, is not responsible for the deficits in 2020. And, as always, the larger timeline shows pretty clearly that of the two parties to choose from, the Democrats are the party of fiscal responsibility, forced time and again to dig out of the hole left by Republican predecessors.

Back to the point the other day, these MAGA kooks cannot read and decipher basic charts and graphs. Hard to debate facts with people who have never met one.

image.png.135d5ac668a1b6d8b3b047ac794b166e.png

Yes, as always, that's very true. I think it's just a little funny to skewer the MAGA boasting points.

Shame he didn't read the posts where i proved he was wrong :P And shame he didn't notice that it had 2021 and 2022 which are definitely biden years.  And that i've added 2023 - which got worse :)  

THis is the real reason he puts people on ignore. He can't cope with the truth.  He lies and doesn't like it when people post proofs he's wrong, so he thinks if he can't see the info he must be right ;)

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So yea- it's on him.

Thanks for demonstrating just how IGNORANT and ARROGANT and STUPID you are.

Biden was elected in 2020 and TOOK OFFICE in Jan 2021 which is when his term BEGAN, NOT 2020. Duh

And no POTUS ever "voted in" spending. Ever. They sign spending bills passed by Congress.

Back to ignore you go....

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Thanks for demonstrating just how IGNORANT and ARROGANT and STUPID you are.

Biden was elected in 2020 and TOOK OFFICE in Jan 2021 which is when his term BEGAN, NOT 2020. Duh

And no POTUS ever "voted in" spending. Ever. They sign spending bills passed by Congress.

Back to ignore you go....

LOL -  i love that you stick your head out long enough to bark like a chihuahua at the big dogs passing by then run and hide again before they can reply :)  Its so you :)

Nobody said his term started in 2020  But he was elected in 2020 - so 2021's finances AND 2022's finances are all his :)

Sorry kiddo :)

Oh and yes the potus does vote in spending, that is a thing that can happen but more specifically in this case he put a bill forward and the democrats passed it.  That's the way it works.

Three lines and you managed to eff all three of them up :)   You may be dumb as a stump but at least you're thorough :)

Edited by CdnFox