Jump to content

Group representing Canadian Muslim donors pulls back from Liberal Party over stance on Gaza


CdnFox

Recommended Posts

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-party-gaza-fundraising-1.7052629

'With broken hearts, we must depart the Laurier Club,' the group wrote in a letter to the party president

A network representing influential Canadian Muslim donors to the Liberal Party of Canada has dropped out of the ranks of the party's top donors, citing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's disinclination to call for a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas conflict, CBC News has learned.

In a formal letter sent to party president Sachit Mehra on November 27, the group — which calls itself the Network 100-GTA, London, Ottawa, Montreal and says it has 400 members — said it has called on Trudeau repeatedly to request a ceasefire.

"The Leader does not appear to be interested in truly listening, nor interested in giving true value to international Law, nor truly caring about the children of Gaza. With broken hearts, we must depart the Laurier Club," the group wrote. 

"The idea that this situation will all be forgotten in two years is an extremely risky and unwise strategy for the Party. The scale of the humanitarian loss is simply unprecedented."

 

 

Well - not that there was any doubt but there you go.  Muslims back the liberals and are pissed their money isn't buying them what they want.

To be honest - i'm a little surprised. I get that trudeau is trying to keep jewish voters as well as muslims so he's walking in the middle, but he's spent so much time woo-ing the muslim vote that i'd have expected a little more of a push for a cease fire or the like from him.

BUT - sorry, liberals but this is what happens when you bet all your eggs on flakey supporters and fringe groups who all expect your devout loyalty.

He's hoping they'll come crawling back later. And they probably will. Where else are they going to go?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

I am glad that muslims punish one of the butchers of Gazans and they won't give their money to Poilievre as well but to the NDP and the Green Party.

They didn't. He was going to lose the next election anyway so all they've done is cut off their political support from that party. And the next party in power, the cpc, doesn't have any particular love for them either.
 

These are unusually stupid people.  They've blown their political power and gaza is still getting bombed to rubble.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

They didn't. He was going to lose the next election anyway so all they've done is cut off their political support from that party. And the next party in power, the cpc, doesn't have any particular love for them either.
 

These are unusually stupid people.  They've blown their political power and gaza is still getting bombed to rubble.

I am glad that some leaders of the Muslim community finally notice that Trudeau is an hypocrite and a butcher but it is never to late to do something good by cutting their support to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

I am glad that some leaders of the Muslim community finally notice that Trudeau is an hypocrite and a butcher but it is never to late to do something good by cutting their support to him.

How is that good? It was the liberal party they supported.  Now the libs will look at them as useless allies.  So they'll ever have more than a token amount of clout in the future.  And they still don't have a ceasefire.

I mean, i hate the guy too and love seeing people turn away from the libs - but this wasn't terribly smart on their part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

How is that good? It was the liberal party they supported.  Now the libs will look at them as useless allies.  So they'll ever have more than a token amount of clout in the future.  And they still don't have a ceasefire.

I mean, i hate the guy too and love seeing people turn away from the libs - but this wasn't terribly smart on their part.

Yes but muslims are votes and money to be elected and it is a good thing that liberals will obtain only one or two elected people to the next election, that party should disappear as well as the consavertive party. It's not good to have rats in Parliament

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Yes but muslims are votes and money to be elected and it is a good thing that liberals will obtain only one or two elected people to the next election, that party should disappear as well as the consavertive party. It's not good to have rats in Parliament

I don't disagree with that, but i feel that just because i'm happy with the outcome doesn't mean they were any less silly to handle it that way. It wasn't in their best interests, even if it does work out to be in canada's best interest to have trudeau lose the next election.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I don't disagree with that, but i feel that just because i'm happy with the outcome doesn't mean they were any less silly to handle it that way. It wasn't in their best interests, even if it does work out to be in canada's best interest to have trudeau lose the next election.

It is not in the interest of Canada to have your choice Poilievre either, he says he likes workers but it is not true, all he likes is money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

It is not in the interest of Canada to have your choice Poilievre either, he says he likes workers but it is not true, all he likes is money.

Well four things come to mind.

1 - you've already shown that you have the political knowledge of a particularly uninformed goldfish, so you'll forgive me for not taking your opinion seriously :)

2 - Actually he'll be great for canada.  The problem is that we're in such poor shape now thanks to trudeau about tripling our debt and his other policies that even if PP gets 10 years in office with majorities and even if he does great work , we're still not going to be out of the woods and it only takes 1 libearl gov't to undo a lot of that progress.

3 - He has money - he likes power. And that's fine - nobody gets to be prime minister or president of a nation without having a strong craving for power. We'll see how he uses that power but i'm optimistic.

4 - its justin or him. Its as simple as that.  And it's tremendously in Canada's best interest to get rid of justin and have him. So there you go.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Well four things come to mind.

1 - you've already shown that you have the political knowledge of a particularly uninformed goldfish, so you'll forgive me for not taking your opinion seriously :)

2 - Actually he'll be great for canada.  The problem is that we're in such poor shape now thanks to trudeau about tripling our debt and his other policies that even if PP gets 10 years in office with majorities and even if he does great work , we're still not going to be out of the woods and it only takes 1 libearl gov't to undo a lot of that progress.

3 - He has money - he likes power. And that's fine - nobody gets to be prime minister or president of a nation without having a strong craving for power. We'll see how he uses that power but i'm optimistic.

4 - its justin or him. Its as simple as that.  And it's tremendously in Canada's best interest to get rid of justin and have him. So there you go.

It is not necessary to read your stupid things, Harper gave our money to big industries saying they were going to create jobs but all they did was to put that money to havens. Poilievre is something like him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gaétan said:

It is not necessary to read your stupid things,

LOL - well that's true, you can just accept you were wrong without having to learn why i suppose :)

Quote

Harper gave our money to big industries saying they were going to create jobs but all they did was to put that money to havens.

And which company did that? Any examples? Which havens? When did Harper give money to big industries to create jobs?

Or was that too much to read as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - well that's true, you can just accept you were wrong without having to learn why i suppose :)

And which company did that? Any examples? Which havens? When did Harper give money to big industries to create jobs?

Or was that too much to read as well?

It was on news when he was the leader of Canada

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gaétan said:

It was on news when he was the leader of Canada

ROFLMAO!!!!!  Well..  who can argue with that well documented source :)

Sorry but i've got a pretty damn good memory and I don't really recall anything that would fit into that category.

In fact - during the recession when the states was heaping massive amounts of money at their industries trying to keep them alive harper found a bunch of ways to avoid that for the most part, ways that were extremely innovative and clever.  He had to give the auto industry some and he was furious about it, but he demanded they turn over shares in return which he later sold and got most of our money back.

In fact - his comletely revolutionary use of the CMHC funds to keep the banks liquid actually MADE taxpayers money. That's right- the 'bank bailout' was very profitable for the gov't and canadian voters. And it did the job of keeping the banks liquid very well.

Harper was not a big fan of giving businesses ANY money. About all he ever gave was tax credits and such but that's letting them keep their own money. Even his 'infrastructure spending'  was all shovel ready stuff that had to be done, no frills or projects that weren't already necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!  Well..  who can argue with that well documented source :)

Sorry but i've got a pretty damn good memory and I don't really recall anything that would fit into that category.

In fact - during the recession when the states was heaping massive amounts of money at their industries trying to keep them alive harper found a bunch of ways to avoid that for the most part, ways that were extremely innovative and clever.  He had to give the auto industry some and he was furious about it, but he demanded they turn over shares in return which he later sold and got most of our money back.

In fact - his comletely revolutionary use of the CMHC funds to keep the banks liquid actually MADE taxpayers money. That's right- the 'bank bailout' was very profitable for the gov't and canadian voters. And it did the job of keeping the banks liquid very well.

Harper was not a big fan of giving businesses ANY money. About all he ever gave was tax credits and such but that's letting them keep their own money. Even his 'infrastructure spending'  was all shovel ready stuff that had to be done, no frills or projects that weren't already necessary.

 

FACT CHECK: Here’s Stephen Harper’s real record on offshore tax havens

Canada has the second lowest corporate tax rate in the G7, yet Corporate Canada has still managed to stash away $199 billion in offshore tax havens anyway.

FACT CHECK: Here’s Stephen Harper’s real record on offshore tax havens (pressprogress.ca)

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Gaétan said:
 

FACT CHECK: Here’s Stephen Harper’s real record on offshore tax havens

Canada has the second lowest corporate tax rate in the G7, yet Corporate Canada has still managed to stash away $199 billion in offshore tax havens anyway.

FACT CHECK: Here’s Stephen Harper’s real record on offshore tax havens (pressprogress.ca)

 

Three things.

1 - press progress is a terrible source and not taken seriously by anyone

2 - those tax havens were not brought in by harper. They were brought in by the previous libearl gov't.  Press progress is mad that he didn't get rid of them all - it's not saying he started them. So if you want to get mad, get mad at chretien who started them.

3 That was the amount they had stashed away since LONG BEFORE harper took over.

4  NONE of that is actually "GIVING MONEY TO WEALTHY PEOPLE". That is people hiding income from the gov't not the gov't giving money to anyone - which is what you claimed.

 

Well that was an utter fail wasn't it. You quoted a fake news source who blamed harper for something he didn't do for money that was mostly complied before he came into office and is mad it took him time to sign something he actually DID sign and none of it has anything to do with your point.

Did you want to try again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

What is serious for you is the Israel newspaper, we know that the conservatives gave more money to companies to put it in havens than ever.

I've never even read an israeli paper.

Yeash dude - is there ANYTHING you ever get right? Literally everything you say turns out to be false when the facts come out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I've never even read an israeli paper.

Yeash dude - is there ANYTHING you ever get right? Literally everything you say turns out to be false when the facts come out.

Lol...funny exchange. Poor Libbies. They still think they're believable and can still warp reality with no consequences. 

@Gaétan are you quite done embarrassing yourself now?

And

@eyeball so tell me again...just for a good giggle on this chilly Monday morning...how @CdnFox is really Pixie-Dust.

7 hours ago, West said:

Canada desperately needs a Muslim ban

I'm afraid that ship has already sailed...

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I've never even read an israeli paper.

Yeash dude - is there ANYTHING you ever get right? Literally everything you say turns out to be false when the facts come out.

You support Poilievre because you think that he is a butcher less sensitive than Trudeau

Edited by Gaétan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're 

On 12/9/2023 at 12:22 PM, Gaétan said:

I am glad that some leaders of the Muslim community finally notice that Trudeau is an hypocrite and a butcher but it is never to late to do something good by cutting their support to him.

As much as he'd probably love to be ridiculous again, Trudeau can't support genocide, terrorism, rape, torture, kidnapping, and the mutilation and defilement of corpses.

You're doing a fine job though. Maybe get the T-shirt. 

"I, Gatean, support genocide, terrorism, rape, torture, kidnapping, and the mutilation and defilement of corpses"

Just copy and paste that to your local T-shirt guy. If he knows you, he probably already has your shirt ready.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

@eyeball so tell me again...just for a good giggle on this chilly Monday morning...how @CdnFox is really Pixie-Dust.

I'm afraid that ship has already sailed...

Well funny story actually .....  i was messing around with some AI software and my spellchecker, and  i was posting and typed "socialism is a plague on humanity and woke policy is divisive".

But what came out was "climate change is real and Canada has the power to stop it."  (i should never have used that AI which was 'trained' at berkley.)

Eyeball read that and shoouted "MEIN FUHRER!!! IS THAT YOU!?!?!!?!"

I haven't been able to convince him otherwise since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,750
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...