Republican Former Speaker Kevin McCarthy: “I never quit”. 11 Weeks later: “I quit”

Just now, robosmith said:

Have you managed to discern ANY differences in magnitude?

Not yet. What they lie about changes but the amount of lies is about the same. I work for state government and so deal with them directly. I come to my conclusions based on personal experience not what I read in the media or the internet. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Not yet. What they lie about changes but the amount of lies is about the same. I work for state government and so deal with them directly. I come to my conclusions based on personal experience not what I read in the media or the internet. 

So no attention to the prolific lies reported by the media, including actual video recordings?

It seems you miss A LOT.

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I get a cleaner source than the seemingly infinite amounts of content available via the media. I am not getting my data via a secondary source... Mine is first hand.. 

So I understood correctly the first time.

Your data is VERY limited compared to the real sample space.

Like I would not know much of anything going on in the world outside my townhouse (since I'm retired) if I ignored the media.

So I understood correctly the first time.

Your data is VERY limited compared to the real sample space.

Like I would not know much of anything going on in the world outside my townhouse (since I'm retired) if I ignored the media.

I get a large enough sample size being that I have been doing this for 8.5 years and we not only work with NV state politicians but frequently work with politicians from ID, MT, UT, MN, MO, MA, CA, and WA. And unlike you.. I get the genuine article not just what you get second hand from someone else or what the politician shows you on camera. You think that they are phony in front of the camera.. they are far worse away from the camera. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I get a large enough sample size being that I have been doing this for 8.5 years and we not only work with NV state politicians but frequently work with politicians from ID, MT, UT, MN, MO, MA, CA, and WA. And unlike you.. I get the genuine article not just what you get second hand from someone else or what the politician shows you on camera. You think that they are phony in front of the camera.. they are far worse away from the camera. 

So maybe a couple hundred pols out of 10s of thousands....

And few of the major holders of Federal office.

If you're not working in DC and ignoring the media, you're missing A LOT.

What do you mean by "far worse away from the camera"? They LIE far more to fellow pols and citizens?

I find that nearly impossible given what SOME do ON CAMERA.

Of course I have a better memory than most, so I catch more of the lies.

12 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So maybe a couple hundred pols out of 10s of thousands....

And few of the major holders of Federal office.

If you're not working in DC and ignoring the media, you're missing A LOT.

What do you mean by "far worse away from the camera"? They LIE far more to fellow pols and citizens?

I find that nearly impossible given what SOME do ON CAMERA.

Of course I have a better memory than most, so I catch more of the lies.

I will give you one example.. 

Random politician gets up in front of the crowd and tells everyone that he is not going to put up with them damn illegals and that he is going to do x, y, and z. Well, come lunch time we are discussing usual stuff (economy, jobs, tax revenues) and in unsolicited fashion, he says, "we need them illegals to clean hotel rooms and to be groundskeepers.. so we are going to do nothing"

10 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I will give you one example.. 

Random politician gets up in front of the crowd and tells everyone that he is not going to put up with them damn illegals and that he is going to do x, y, and z. Well, come lunch time we are discussing usual stuff (economy, jobs, tax revenues) and in unsolicited fashion, he says, "we need them illegals to clean hotel rooms and to be groundskeepers.. so we are going to do nothing"

So he told you the truth in person after lying on camera. Not sure that's making your case about "worse in person."

And the public could discover that his camera performance was LYING by just checking his record, right?

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So he told you the truth in person after lying on camera. Not sure that's making your case about "worse in person."

And the public could discover that his camera performance was LYING by just checking his record, right?

I guess I deem it worse. In front of the camera, they are fire and brimstone. Off camera.. they just laugh it off knowing they lied and everyone bought into it. 

Another example.. random politician always in country western attire. So you think that he is from a background of farming and ranching. Yeah... not even close. This one not only is a Republican but also only has a condo in NV while living in the Bay Area when not campaigning. He is a big city elitist who puts on a disguise for the camera. 

46 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I guess I deem it worse. In front of the camera, they are fire and brimstone. Off camera.. they just laugh it off knowing they lied and everyone bought into it. 

Another example.. random politician always in country western attire. So you think that he is from a background of farming and ranching. Yeah... not even close. This one not only is a Republican but also only has a condo in NV while living in the Bay Area when not campaigning. He is a big city elitist who puts on a disguise for the camera. 

I wouldn't even characterize that as lying. Maybe misrepresentation.

How about balding Trump with the dyed implants and overcomb?

Not to mention the waterproof hairspray which fooled WCM into believing it didn't rain at his inauguration. LMAO

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

I wouldn't even characterize that as lying. Maybe misrepresentation.

How about balding Trump with the dyed implants and overcomb?

Not to mention the waterproof hairspray which fooled WCM into believing it didn't rain at his inauguration. LMAO

"misrepresentation".. wow, who knew that you were so funny. 

These conservative voters are convinced that he is one of them. Little do they know that he shares only being human and maintaining a body temperature of 98.6 with them. He is not a hunter, fishermen, etc. nor does he own an ATV or UTV. He does not live the same life as them.. not even close. He lives in an upscale neighborhood in Oakland..which by my last check is not in NV. Furthermore.. he does not come from a ranching, farming, or working class background. He was raised upper middle class in sacramento and made the "move" to NV later on. 

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

"misrepresentation".. wow, who knew that you were so funny. 

These conservative voters are convinced that he is one of them. Little do they know that he shares only being human and maintaining a body temperature of 98.6 with them. He is not a hunter, fishermen, etc. nor does he own an ATV or UTV. He does not live the same life as them.. not even close. He lives in an upscale neighborhood in Oakland..which by my last check is not in NV. Furthermore.. he does not come from a ranching, farming, or working class background. He was raised upper middle class in sacramento and made the "move" to NV later on. 

I was talking about his costume. How does he keep the rest secret from his constituents?

No press tell-alls?

I mean we all know about DeSantis' "extra-tall" boots. Even the white ones.

Edited by robosmith

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

I was talking about his costume. How does he keep the rest secret from his constituents?

No press tell-alls?

I mean we all know about DeSantis' "extra-tall" boots. Even the white ones.

Carefully constructed life. When on the job.. he plays cowboy. When not on the job, he divorces himself from that role completely. I am not one that respects the dual life, two-faced way of life. You apparently have no issue with it..

3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Carefully constructed life. When on the job.. he plays cowboy. When not on the job, he divorces himself from that role completely. I am not one that respects the dual life, two-faced way of life. You apparently have no issue with it..

I just said it's not lying. And I'm surprised that no news publication has outed his misrepresentation.

Maybe you could give an anonymous tip to an investigative reporter.

Maybe when I am bored. Today is not that time. This is just the best example of them being two faced and phony. There are others such as them getting all worked up about unemployment and jobs numbers.. and yet having no clue (by their own admission off camera) as to how they are formulated. Heads up.. this is my wheelhouse and I doubt that you know more than cursory details. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Maybe when I am bored. Today is not that time. This is just the best example of them being two faced and phony. There are others such as them getting all worked up about unemployment and jobs numbers.. and yet having no clue (by their own admission off camera) as to how they are formulated. Heads up.. this is my wheelhouse and I doubt that you know more than cursory details. 

I know enough to know that wearing an atypical costume is not lying.

Am I lying when I go to an event wearing a tux when I never wear one otherwise?