Canada - Love it or leave it.

So Canada is planning on a large number of immigrants over the next few years. I have a message to all new comers and those already immigrated to Canada.

Canada ia a beautiful country. Most Canadians are very welcoming and Canada is a land of opportunity with a high standard of living. If you come to this country, then leave your problems at home and start a new productive life here in Canada and start contributing positively to the land and society which gave you refuge from your problems abroad. Love it or leave it. If you don't love or don't respect its people or culture of equality and freedom, then go back to where you come from. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So Canada is planning on a large number of immigrants over the next few years. I have a message to all new comers and those already immigrated to Canada.

Canada ia a beautiful country. Most Canadians are very welcoming and Canada is a land of opportunity with a high standard of living. If you come to this country, then leave your problems at home and start a new productive life here in Canada and start contributing positively to the land and society which gave you refuge from your problems abroad. Love it or leave it. If you don't love or don't respect its people or culture of equality and freedom, then go back to where you come from. 

No disagreement.

I view life as a process - which it is.

Self-centred people like Elon Musk want to control others.

====

I have a different view of life. The people arriving are Canadians....

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

America?  The foreigners want to get rich.

How is it that we Canadians (French/English) get all these foreigners to live among us?

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

FTW? (For the Win) I had to google that... (still not certain whether FTW is sarcasm, or irony.) 

Ayn Rand? I recommend We The Living.

Ayn Rand never wrote anything that stigmatizes racial or ethnic groups.  Her heroes are trailblazing capitalists who are the great builders and visionaries.  She gives these individuals and their visions primacy over the governments and less effective people who try to use and contain them. The heroes actually have a positive transformative impact on society because of the benefits they bring, usually technology or some new process that benefits most or all people.

She has been called fascistic because there’s always a risk of ascribing or handing over too much power and authority to any individual in a democracy.  It’s a reasonable critique that certainly doesn’t diminish the power of Rand’s stories.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 11/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, Zeitgeist said:

Ayn Rand never wrote anything that stigmatizes racial or ethnic groups.  Her heroes are trailblazing capitalists who are the great builders and visionaries.  She gives these individuals and their visions primacy over the governments and less effective people who try to use and contain them. The heroes actually have a positive transformative impact on society because of the benefits they bring, usually technology or some new process that benefits most or all people.

She has been called fascistic because there’s always a risk of ascribing or handing over too much power and authority to any individual in a democracy.  It’s a reasonable critique that certainly doesn’t diminish the power of Rand’s stories.  

All true.

Ayn Rand reminds me of modern Hollywood.

====

If you have a message, go to Western Union.  

Because believing the bourgeoisie are the master race and theproletariat are untermensch is not fascist at all.Only rounding up specifically Jews and gassing them is what makes one a Nazi or a fascist.
And more to the point, when Ronald Reagan single handedly defeated the Soviets, everything Karl Marx wrote, said or did became a lie. Therefore there are no economic classes of people, so one can't even be accused of discrimination if you won't hire or serve some ragged diseased welfare queen.

While we're at it let's revive more 1960s battle cries of the Ignurnt All American Redneck.

5 hours ago, herbie said:

And more to the point, when Ronald Reagan single handedly defeated the Soviets, everything Karl Marx wrote, said or did became a lie....

What a thread drift.....

Ronald Reagan did not single-handedly defeat the Soviet Union. There were battles in Korea, Vietnam and elsewhere. The Soviet Union is no more. We have no need for NATO.

Nowadays, we live in a normal world - a world of several powers. We must re-create the world of 1815 to have at least a century of peace.  

• Like 1