Israel Attacked! What Happens Next?

What's your prediction for how the attack on Israel will play out?

Hezbollah has threatened to attack if Israel retaliates. Pretty sure we can all agree that Israel will not back down, and there are already reports that Hezbollah has fired rockets at Israel. 

Netanyahu has stated that. Hamas "will pay an unprecedented price," and "this war will take time. It will be difficult."

Of course, people here will only want to frame this in terms of America's political situation, but Hamas doesn't give a shlt about who's in the White House. President Biden's statement on the invasion is: "The United States unequivocally condemns this appalling assault against Israel by Hamas terrorists from Gaza, and I made clear to Prime Minister Netanyahu that we stand ready to offer all appropriate means of support to the Government and people of Israel. Terrorism is never justified. Israel has a right to defend itself and its people. The United States warns against any other party hostile to Israel seeking advantage in this situation.  My Administration’s support for Israel’s security is rock solid and unwavering."

41 minutes ago, Rebound said:

What's your prediction for how the attack on Israel will play out?

Hezbollah has threatened to attack if Israel retaliates. Pretty sure we can all agree that Israel will not back down, and there are already reports that Hezbollah has fired rockets at Israel. 

Netanyahu has stated that. Hamas "will pay an unprecedented price," and "this war will take time. It will be difficult."

Of course, people here will only want to frame this in terms of America's political situation, but Hamas doesn't give a shlt about who's in the White House. President Biden's statement on the invasion is: "The United States unequivocally condemns this appalling assault against Israel by Hamas terrorists from Gaza, and I made clear to Prime Minister Netanyahu that we stand ready to offer all appropriate means of support to the Government and people of Israel. Terrorism is never justified. Israel has a right to defend itself and its people. The United States warns against any other party hostile to Israel seeking advantage in this situation.  My Administration’s support for Israel’s security is rock solid and unwavering."

Israel will prevail, eventually.  The Palestinian people will go back to their meagre existence, relying on the forebearance of the Israelis for their utilities, their medicine and their food, all the while remaining under the vicious thumb of a totalitarian, brutal, fundamentalist Islamic group who care little for their plight, beyond how it can help with their goal of the destruction of Israel.

Same old same old, I guess, with more corpses.

Either that or Israel nukes Iran.  Even more corpses then!

Edited by bcsapper

23 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Israel will prevail, eventually.  The Palestinian people will go back to their meagre existence, relying on the forebearance of the Israelis for their utilities, their medicine and their food, all the while remaining under the vicious thumb of a totalitarian, brutal, fundamentalist Islamic group who care little for their plight, beyond how it can help with their goal of the destruction of Israel.

Actually there has been a marked shift to the extreme right wing in Israeli government. Those ministers are the ones pushing the leveling of Gaza plan (not that Bibi is not sympathetic).  And Bibi is busy dismantling Israel's supreme court so the legal charges against him will be dismissed.

Reminds me a lot of a scenario which may occur in the US IF Trump wins in 2024.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I have no doubt Israel will prevail, which makes you wonder why on Earth Hamas did something so stupid. But Israel will not attack Iran. 

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

Actually there has been a marked shift to the extreme right wing in Israeli government. Those ministers are the ones pushing the leveling of Gaza plan (not that Bibi is not sympathetic).  And Bibi is busy dismantling Israel's supreme court so the legal charges against him will be dismissed.

"Level Gaza" is emotionally appealing, but killing two million people is not going to happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I have no doubt Israel will prevail, which makes you wonder why on Earth Hamas did something so stupid. But Israel will not attack Iran. 

"Level Gaza" is emotionally appealing, but killing two million people is not going to happen.

I've heard that Bibi is telling Gazans they will be warned and they should leave Gaza if that happens.

Do you believe there will be anywhere else for them to go?

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

So you support the rapists of Hamas.. predictable

23 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So you render your simple minded speculation which IGNORES the complex HISTORY of ZIONISM....

So typically WRONG of your partisan hackery. ?

Nothing you can say justifies what these sick goat f***ers were doing to innocent women

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

I've heard that Bibi is telling Gazans they will be warned and they should leave Gaza if that happens.

Do you believe there will be anywhere else for them to go?

How can they leave Gaza? Swim into the Mediterranean? Egypt won't take them. 

Here's the thing, Rob: The Palestinians voted for Hamas. They made that bed, and they're gonna sleep in it. Hamas has not allowed any free elections since they got power, but that's what happens when you elect dictators. They do not give up power. 

They should not have elected Hamas, but they did, and they've been suffering for that decision ever since. 

There's already been a war, and the Palestinians lost. They had their war in 1948, and they lost, and again in 1968, and again in 1972. They lost, and they are not accepting the boundaries of their defeat. Seventy-five years, and these people still live in refugee camps, because they refuse to accept that their country is where it is. All they've done is cause misery for the Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians, and (especially) the Lebanese. The Palestinians tried to overthrow the governments of Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan. They haven't been making friends.

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Here's the thing, Rob: The Palestinians voted for Hamas. They made that bed, and they're gonna sleep in it. Hamas has not allowed any free elections since they got power, but that's what happens when you elect dictators. They do not give up power. 

They should not have elected Hamas, but they did, and they've been suffering for that decision ever since. 

There's already been a war, and the Palestinians lost. They had their war in 1948, and they lost, and again in 1968, and again in 1972. They lost, and they are not accepting the boundaries of their defeat. Seventy-five years, and these people still live in refugee camps, because they refuse to accept that their country is where it is. All they've done is cause misery for the Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians, and (especially) the Lebanese. The Palestinians tried to overthrow the governments of Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan. They haven't been making friends.

Well, I don't see anywhere for Palestinian civilians to flee, either, but Bibi is talking like there is, which indicates that he is considering leveling Gaza with 2M Palestinians at risk of genocide.

3 hours ago, Rebound said:

My guess is that they will be turned loose as refugees unto the world.  And the world will take many in.

The rest will live as pretty much actual prisoners till they can find a place that will take them .