Prediction: 2024 Democratic Pres, Senate, House -Federal Dem Sweep

As a foreigner, I have been thinking about this. The federal Republicans are on the wrong side of two central issues:

-abortion

-debt reduction

=====

You Americans have a pay-as-you-go federal pension scheme - far more generous than my RRQ. Your Medicare works better than OHIP. And you have a military.

Paul Krugman described the US federal government as a tank with a pension and health plan. 

Edited by August1991

• August1991 changed the title to Prediction: 2024 Democratic Pres, Senate, House -Federal Dem Sweep

On the political side, every indication is that Republicans will lose.

-in local elections, Republicans only win when they gerrymander

-California and New York are now solidly blue

-Florida is the one exception - but when DeSantis spoke about abortion, that killed his chances

-even Trump did not win a majority

-Republicans cannot "get out the vote" when there is ballot harvesting

Republicans lost badly in 2020 because of vote by mail and dropboxes eliminating long lines in the "wrong" districts which was their goto for voter suppression. AKA black districts.

Since their claims of voter fraud via mail and drop boxes FAILED to suppress the vote, they are busy prohibiting those methods of getting around their preferred voter suppression methods.

It remains to be seen whether they will succeed in re-implementing the voter suppression methods they have counted on for decades.

6 hours ago, August1991 said:

The future of America is Democratic primaries.

Presidential elections are often elections about change. People will vote for Biden, or they will vote for change. And I think if you ask American voters, “Can our government do better?” 100% will answer Yes. So the voters will decide whether the Republican person will change things for the better, or for worse. 

This is why I think the Democrats should nominate someone else: Because doing so offers change.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2023 at 12:09 AM, August1991 said:

As a foreigner, I have been thinking about this. The federal Republicans are on the wrong side of two central issues:

-abortion

-debt reduction

=====

You Americans have a pay-as-you-go federal pension scheme - far more generous than my RRQ. Your Medicare works better than OHIP. And you have a military.

Paul Krugman described the US federal government as a tank with a pension and health plan. 

Excuse me? Democrats (and that unelected pedophile) are the WORST thing that has happened to this country. Trump is going to be elected President in another landslide, since he is polling over ten points ahead of unelected Joe in all polls. If The Republicans can stop shooting themselves in the foot, they'll hold both houses of Congress.

Debt Reduction? The spending comes from the DEMOCRATS. It's THEIR FAULt.

Abortion? A bad law was overturned by the Supreme Court. The fact that Congress has not passed a pro baby killing law by now shows that MOST OF THE COUNTRY IS AGAINST BABY KILLING ON DEMAND.

It would appear most of America agrees with the Republicans on this. Now if the Republicans can just get their heads out of their asses....

On 10/7/2023 at 1:38 AM, robosmith said:

Republicans lost badly in 2020 because of vote by mail and dropboxes eliminating long lines in the "wrong" districts which was their goto for voter suppression. AKA black districts.

Since their claims of voter fraud via mail and drop boxes FAILED to suppress the vote, they are busy prohibiting those methods of getting around their preferred voter suppression methods.

It remains to be seen whether they will succeed in re-implementing the voter suppression methods they have counted on for decades.

Republicans lost because of VOTER FRAUD.

Just remember....

democratsstagedriots.thumb.png.851f98d539054ac5a2a8f64d080b9fbc.png

On 10/6/2023 at 10:09 PM, August1991 said:

-abortion

-debt reduction

=====

Legalized abortion and government subsidized condoms are all the the Left really cares about. Of course the Right is on the right side of the abortion debate. 

There's no such thing as debt reduction in this country, and debt will certainly contribute to our downfall. 

19 hours ago, Deluge said:

Legalized abortion and government subsidized condoms are all the the Left really cares about. Of course the Right is on the right side of the abortion debate. 

There's no such thing as debt reduction in this country, and debt will certainly contribute to our downfall. 

It you could add 2+2, you would know what debt reduction is.  

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

If you could understand this, you'd know we're f*cked. 

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

If you could read, you’d know that Republican Presidents racked up trillions more debt than Democrat Presidents.  A full 25% of America’s total debt was racked up during the four years of Donald Trump.   Economic genius my ass! 

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2023 at 12:09 AM, August1991 said:

-abortion

-debt reduction

=====

Huh...

If you think the Democrats can win on the abortion issue, you're dreaming in technicolor.

As for debt reduction...that's actually laughable.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

If you could read, you’d know that Republican Presidents racked up trillions more debt than Democrat Presidents.  A full 25% of America’s total debt was racked up during the four years of Donald Trump.   Economic genius my ass! 

Sorry, numbnuts, but democrats are total shit both economically and morally. Neutralize the communists (democrat party) and the Republicans won't have to overexert to get the country back on track. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Oooo - no, sorry - @Deluge was correct and you were wrong.

Biden is the top debt scorer, and his term isn't over yet,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-debt-up-5-trillion-under-biden/ar-AA1fX225

When President Barack Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the federal debt was $10,626,877,048,913.08, according to the Treasury. By August 25, 2011, it had climbed to $14,653,547,886,356.11—an increase of $4,026,670,837,443.03.

When President Donald Trump was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2017, the total federal debt stood at $19,947,304,555,212.49, according to the numbers published by the U.S. Treasury.  By Aug. 25, 2019, it had climbed to $22,430,807,789,262.13—an increase of $2,483,503,234,049.64.

On Aug. 23, the debt declined modestly to $32,740,372,767,613.62, which brought the Biden-era increase back below the $5-trillion threshold (to $4,988,476,531,198.85). But then on Aug 24, it climbed again to $32,777,879,728,405.51; and on Aug. 25, it climbed to $32,810,223,546,146.86.

That is an increase of $5,058,327,309,732.09 from the day Biden was inaugurated.

Sorry - biden is the worst - Obama was number 2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rebound said:

My point.

Republicans are on the wrong side of this issue.

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Huh...

If you think the Democrats can win on the abortion issue, you're dreaming in technicolor.

As for debt reduction...that's actually laughable.

The Dems will win on both issues.

37 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But as was pointed out - your point is untrue. He's not even number 2.

So... aren't you basing your position on false data than? What does that say about you?

Abortion is a social issue. Things have changed.

Debt? This is money. Nothing changes.

====

On both issues, the Republicans are on the wrong side.

Most Americans now accept abortion.

And most Americans now accept debt.

Edited by August1991

8 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Abortion is a social issue. Things have changed.

Debt? This is money. Nothing changes.

====

On both issues, the Republicans are on the wrong side.

Most Americans now accept abortion.

And most Americans now accept debt.

You don't really concern yourself overmuch with making sense or using logic do you,

• Haha 1