POILIEVRE'S GREATEST HITS

betsy

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

Bringing an American to your convention doesn’t mean bringing “American style politics”   Spewing theories like an American however does. To be fair that started with the old Reform Party long before PP was even old enough to even think about never getting a real job

So Hillarie's and Bernie's opening words were "Please don't listen to anything we say because we don't want to bring American style policies to Canada".

8 minutes ago, Legato said:

So Hillarie's and Bernie's opening words were "Please don't listen to anything we say because we don't want to bring American style policies to Canada".

Don’t be dumb. Simply being American doesn’t mean they’re bringing American style policies or politics (which are not even the same thing btw)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Don’t be dumb. Simply being American doesn’t mean they’re bringing American style policies or politics (which are not even the same thing btw)

I'm not sure how your logic works. If you put a horse inside a pig pen will it suddenly behave like a pig? And are some of the pigs actually horses because you disagree with them?

22 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

So Hillary and Bernie are just simply Americans. More like simple Americans with whom you have a deep affinity.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Ah the old “I know you are but what am I” comeback. Real original. 

Ahh no.   If  you had said HE was jealous and then we'd pointed out you are, THEN that would be correct.

Wow :)  Your comprehension skils are so poor you even eff up and can't use kids insults properly :) LOLOL

3 hours ago, Legato said:

So Hillary and Bernie are just simply Americans. More like simple Americans with whom you have a deep affinity.

Obviously - i mean it's not like they've got any political affiliations or the like  They were probably just hanging out in america and someone tripped and accidentally interviewed them for a political convention.  Happens all the time.

Edited by CdnFox

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Ahh no.   If  you had said HE was jealous and then we'd pointed out you are, THEN that would be correct.

Wow :)  Your comprehension skils are so poor you even eff up and can't use kids insults properly :) LOLOL

Nope LOL how did I know ine of you would try to argue that. Once again you can’t follow the plot. I made a joke about PP and all he come up with as a comeback was a generic  ‘no, you are that thing you just said’” which is the lame generic “I know you are but what am I” template. 

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Obviously - i mean it's not like they've got any political affiliations or the like  They were probably just hanging out in america and someone tripped and accidentally interviewed them for a political convention.  Happens all the time.

What specifically did either of them actually say or do at those conventions that was “American style”?  A Chinese person working at McDonalds doesn’t mean you’re getting “Chinese style” food when you pull in the McDs drive thru. Similarly an American at a Canadian political convention doesn’t mean they’re delivering “American style” politics. 

Edited by BeaverFever

5 hours ago, Canadian_Cavalier said:

I'm not sure how your logic works. If you put a horse inside a pig pen will it suddenly behave like a pig? And are some of the pigs actually horses because you disagree with them?

You might be surprised to learn this but humans are different from animals have conscious thoughts and can adjust their behaviour according to their surroundings. 

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Nope LOL how did I know ine of you would try to argue that.

Because it's true? :) LOLOL

Once again you can’t follow the plot. I made a joke about PP and all he come up with as a comeback was a generic  ‘no, you are that thing you just said’” which is the lame generic “I know you are but what am I” template. 

ROFLMAO - holy shit kid :)  you are currently losing an argument about how to use children's insults :) that is both hilarious and seriously disturbing on many levels! :)  Would it help if i said 'neener neener'? :)  

What specifically did either of them actually say or do at those conventions that was “American style”?

By literal definition any political insight whateoever that they shared would be 'american style' politics. They are american politicians. It's  like asking what makes Molson Canadian or labatts blue  a canadian beer.  Well... its a beer and it's Canadian.

I mean you pick some dumb fights.  You dig yourself some pretty deep stupid holes.  But i think even YOU have to agree that this really is a no brainer.  A canadian party invites an american politician to virtually attend their canadian political convention to share their american political views with a canadian political audience who's there to discuss politics. 

But you just can't work out how someone might possibly say this is bringing american politics to canada :) LOLOLOL!!!!!  Ok kiddo  - i guess it'll just have to remain a mystery :)  

On 10/14/2023 at 6:40 PM, BeaverFever said:

Not work the average Canadian would recognize. Keep in mind politicians also have an entourage of staffers and assistants and volunteers to do all the REAL work of their office, all PP has had to do is schmooze and perform for the cameras 

Pffft ooh he had a min wage job in a call centre as a teenager, and “briefly” wrote a few articles for some conservative newsletter …. not real jobs

Then as a conservative party member he briefly had a company that got consulting contracts from his Conservative Party buddies, typical “swamp” deal you find in most political parties where they award party funds to each other, your donations hard at work!  And he may or may not have actually done any real work considering he left it after a year to be a politician. 

I’m just amused that the party of “Justin Trudeau was a drama teacher” and “respect for the taxpayers” nominates a leader of their own who doesn’t even have that much on his resume and has been suckling a 6 figure salary from the taxpayer teat since he finished school. 

:rolleyes:

What a juvenile crap!

Who cares what you or others recognize!

Not a job?   Not a real work?  ?

Say that again to a.............................. stay-at-home mom/housewife!

Edited by betsy
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:48 PM, BeaverFever said:

You might be surprised to learn this but humans are different from animals have conscious thoughts and can adjust their behaviour according to their surroundings. 

Oh ... My .... God  :) 

So you're saying that animals aren't able to adjust their behavior according to their surroundings ;)  That is currently your position? Animals can't adapt or change behaivor as the situation calls for it :)  

And what definition of "conscious' are you using that says animals aren't self aware exactly? :) 

LOL - honestly kid, sometimes you just say the damndest things ;) 

1 hour ago, betsy said:

What a juvenile crap!

Not a job?   Not a real work?  ?

Say that again to a.............................. stay-at-home mom/housewife!

Betsy... here's you denigrating Trudeau for being a drama teacher...

You're pretty hypocritical about the issue of experience it seems...

https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/25455-donald-vs-hillary/?do=findComment&comment=1193940

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 9:48 PM, BeaverFever said:

I showed this post to a couple of squirrels. they said, "that person has no nuts, no use to us".

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 11:34 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Betsy... here's you denigrating Trudeau for being a drama teacher...

You're pretty hypocritical about the issue of experience it seems...

https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/25455-donald-vs-hillary/?do=findComment&comment=1193940

Read my previous response to him.

He's re-defining "WORK" to suit his narrative.   He gave an inaccurate claim.....and I just showed him.

PS:  this is why I wish the posts are numbered!   You'll just have to scroll back up looking for what post I meant!  I have no time to waste looking for it myself.

Edited by betsy

This is how Poilievre will deal with  liberal reporters.

Their stupidity gets highlighted! ?

REPORTER: In terms of your strategy currently, you're obviously taking the populist pathway.

PIERRE POLIEVRE: What does that mean?

REPORTER: Well, appealing to peoples' more emotional levels, I would guess.

POLIEVRE: What does that mean? Give me an example.

REPORTER: Certainly you tap very strong ideological language quite frequently.

POLIEVRE: Like what?

REPORTER: Uh, left-wing this and that, right-wing --

POLIEVRE: I never really talk about left and right, I don't really believe in that.

REPORTER: A lot of people would say that you're simply taking a page out of the Donald Trump book.

POLIEVRE: Which people would say that?

REPORTER: Well, I'm sure a great many Canadians.

POLIEVRE: Like who?

REPORTER: I don't know who.

POLIEVRE: Well you're the one who asked the question. So you must know somebody?

REPORTER: I'm sure there's some out there but the point of this question is, why should Canadians trust you with their vote, given, you know, not just the sort of ideological implications of taking the page out of Donald Trump's book--

POLIEVRE: What are you talking about? What page? Give me the page. You keep saying that.

REPORTER: In terms of taking things quite dramatically, in terms of Trudeau and the left-wing and all of this, you make quite, as you know, it's quite a play.

POLIEVRE: I don't know what your question is.

REPORTER: Then forget that, why should Canadians trust you with their vote?

POLIEVRE: Common sense. Common sense for a change. We're going to make common sense common in this country. We don't have any common sense i the current government. The guy prints $600 billion and grows our money supply by 32% in three years, that's growing the money eight times faster than the economy. No wonder we have the worst inflation in four decades. I'm going to cap spending, and cut waste, so we can balance the budget and bring down inflation and interest rates. Do you want to be able to pay your mortgage again? Do you want to be able to afford rent? Then you have to vote for Pierre Poilievre because I am the only one with a common sense plan that will bring back the buying power of your paycheck.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/10/17/pierre_poilievre_dismantles_reporters_ego_while_eating_an_apple_i_dont_know_what_your_question_is.html

Edited by betsy
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...