338 Canada: Polls Now Put CPC in Majority Territory

https://www.338canada.ca/p/abrupt-late-summer-shift-polls-now

So - great news right? The CPC is in majority territory after a long slow climb (which is exactly what you want to see, not a 'flash in the pan") and they keep getting stronger.  The libs are looking for their bottom and havent' found it yet.

Good stuff right?

Except - the ndp are also doing badly.  AND a cpc majority means not only will they likely lose seats, they will likely have no power in a majority CPC gov't unlike now

So.  Guess who's going to be stuck with  our current wet noodle gov't till the term runs out :)   Crap.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

https://www.338canada.ca/p/abrupt-late-summer-shift-polls-now

So - great news right? The CPC is in majority territory after a long slow climb (which is exactly what you want to see, not a 'flash in the pan") and they keep getting stronger.  The libs are looking for their bottom and havent' found it yet.

Good stuff right?

Except - the ndp are also doing badly.  AND a cpc majority means not only will they likely lose seats, they will likely have no power in a majority CPC gov't unlike now

So.  Guess who's going to be stuck with  our current wet noodle gov't till the term runs out :)   Crap.

If the Dippers were smart they’d bail on the coalition government before the public becomes so furious that the NDP are buried for a generation.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

Look at this - ANOTHER 'trudeau should step down' story. That's like 5 in major newspapers in the last while.  Oddly this is from a right wing writer so i wish he'd shut up and let us run against trudeau ':) But i think his party must REALLY want him gone after the latest polling.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/agar-trudeau-should-do-right-by-liberals-and-step-down

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Hoping for a minority, regardless of who wins.

I understand why - but that just hamstrings the gov't at a time when decisive action with a clear vision is needed to get us out of this mess.  You can have a minority next time :) LOL

Anyway it doesn't look like you're going to get your wish. If things keep up and he keeps growing at the rate he has all year long, PP will not only win a majority - he'll be the first since Mulroney to win a super majority and take  more than 50 percent of the vote.

13 minutes ago, PIK said:

Con majority or bust.  

If we assume PP is going to continue his campaign to win people over and it has the kind of success that it's enjoyed since he won the leadership  - extrapolating out the timeline  i would say that after the next election in 2025 the liberals will be able to hold their cabinet meetings in a smart car.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

If the Dippers were smart they’d bail on the coalition government before the public becomes so furious that the NDP are buried for a generation.  

Jughead's ego is the match for Trudeau's . . . he wants so much to stay in Ottawa, makes barnyard noises against his 'masters' inane/insane policies, then tucks his tail and goes along with them.  The one good thing to come out of that 'match made in heaven' is that Jughead's likely to be un-employed post election.

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I understand why - but that just hamstrings the gov't at a time when decisive action with a clear vision is needed to get us out of this mess.  You can have a minority next time :) LOL

Anyway it doesn't look like you're going to get your wish. If things keep up and he keeps growing at the rate he has all year long, PP will not only win a majority - he'll be the first since Mulroney to win a super majority and take  more than 50 percent of the vote.

Because I don't trust either of them. Nothing more. 

50 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Because I don't trust either of them. Nothing more. 

Too bad.  Right now we need to have leadership, not committee.  So trust isn't relevant, ONE voice has to be elected to steer canada.  So there's three leaders to pick from who could theoretically win, and if we're being real there's two. Pick your best choice and do the right thing, this is NOT the time  to wuss out. We are in real trouble as a country and it's going to get worse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Hoping for a minority, regardless of who wins.

Yup.  I'm pretty sure the increased support for Poilievre merely reflects the desperation of the anyone-but-Trudeau voter but as more CINO's gather under Poilievre the less room he'll have or need to cater to the deplorable faction that I figure makes up at least 25% of his base. The more that gets diluted and divided the better and I can't think of anything that would make that even sweeter than Poilievre having to govern from a minority position.

34 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Said the pistanthrophobic. Lol! 

LOL -  i don't recall ever saying i can't love people or get close to them :)   You DO know what pistanthrophobia is right?

ROFOLMAO - let me guess - your word of the day calander let you down  again :)  

I dont' know if you're pistanthrophobic - but you're certainly pissed and something. :)  (Stoned i'd guess?)

Edited by CdnFox