The election prospects

myata

On 8/24/2023 at 12:32 PM, CdnFox said:

As to his plan we're not going to hear the details till the election. Why would you give justin a free blueprint to fix the problem?

One really has to be a two-year old (mentally at least) to take this cr*p seriously. Look we can't tell you now it's a terrible secret just push this button and hope for the best. It'll work have to believe us (on word). Two year old politics in action. Forever.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Build new urban centers, this is Canada we have more land than we can use in million life times..

I understand this point of view. I am frustrated because I see our wilderness as the feature that defines Canada. I guess I am the voice in that wilderness.

1 hour ago, myata said:

One really has to be a two-year old (mentally at least) to take this cr*p seriously.

well we've already established that's roughly your mental state so that should be right in your wheelhouse :)

Look we can't tell you now it's a terrible secret just push this button and hope for the best. It'll work have to believe us (on word). Two year old politics in action. Forever.

Decided to spend a day off your meds again i see. Did you need a soother?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Have no answers, you see.

Yes - i see you have no answers... And?

Like, how can it be more obvious?

That you're off your meds like i said?  I don't think it could be.

Just push this button here, quick.. or.. or.. I'll cry!

Wait - are you fantasizing about assisted suicide or something?  I mean - i'm not saying you SHOULDN'T - i'm just saying maybe talk about it with your therapist and family first.

When they have no answers to clear, even obvious questions, what choice they have left? Observe it right here. You have to worship their useless bobbleheads, pretend to believe in their silly game or... they cry and accuse you, and try dump some sh*t on you. What else? Anything?

1 hour ago, myata said:

When they have no answers to clear, even obvious questions, what choice they have left? Observe it right here. You have to worship their useless bobbleheads, pretend to believe in their silly game or... they cry and accuse you, and try dump some sh*t on you. What else? Anything?

Before you can comment on answers to questions, you'll have to learn how to speak english properly.  90 percent of the time nobody knows what you're saying.

And your rare moments of lucidity suggest that's deliberate, not because you can't.  Which suggests a mental health issue.

So - if you are so damaged you choose to speak as if you were a badly translated anime read by yoda and blather incoherently about What? then why would anyone take you seriously? You're a child.

None of the entrenched pseudo "parties" at the trough, having little if anything to do with genuine parliamentarism are interested. Obviously, it works perfect for them as it is and like, who else is here? It remains a problem for the society then. Watching the circus period show for decades and hoping for a noticeable positive change would do absolutely nothing.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:43 AM, Moonbox said:

I agree with it being wrong for Canada, but not necessarily wrong on its own.  In a less geographically and/or ethnically diverse country (like we see in Europe) it can make more sense.  

As a giant country with huge geographical separation and wildly different priorities, it would be lousy.  Make Canada PR and the country would be run by the Greater Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver areas, with the anything in between and outside of that having a greatly diminished voice.    

So, you think geography should have more of a voice than actual people?  

Should 5 people in a rural area have as much say as 50 people in an urban area?

44 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So, you think geography should have more of a voice than actual people?  

Should 5 people in a rural area have as much say as 50 people in an urban area?

I would say that the "actual people" and their priorities vary greatly by region.  It's the whole point of federalism.  

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I would say that the "actual people" and their priorities vary greatly by region.  It's the whole point of federalism.  

Certainly.   But, land shouldn’t get to rule over people.  Although, I don’t really think that’s the case in Canada, as they do try and make ridings somewhat equal based on the population.  

And I’m not sure why that would need to be different under a proportional system.  Also, are you really represented locally when the ruling party tells your MP how to vote?  Or if the representative has never lived in the community they are an MP for?   it just seems like fear mongering. 

Edited by TreeBeard

On 8/27/2023 at 2:24 PM, myata said:

None of the entrenched pseudo "parties" at the trough, having little if anything to do with genuine parliamentarism are interested. Obviously, it works perfect for them as it is and like, who else is here? It remains a problem for the society then. Watching the circus period show for decades and hoping for a noticeable positive change would do absolutely nothing.

Is english your second language??

Two suggestions, one, read and re-read before you post and second, learn a lot more english before you post. 95% of what you post makes no sense.

Edited by ExFlyer

16 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Also, are you really represented locally when the ruling party tells your MP how to vote?  Or if the representative has never lived in the community they are an MP for?   it just seems like fear mongering. 

All those questions that the proponents of the great system not only have no answers to, but wouldn't even want to talk about, it never happens. The system was made for them to rule indefinitely and they are not interested in any other outcome.

• Like 1

Certainly.   But, land shouldn’t get to rule over people.  Although, I don’t really think that’s the case in Canada, as they do try and make ridings somewhat equal based on the population.

Different regions can have dedicated pool of representatives still selected by fair proportional vote to allow the voice and represent diversity. It all is known and for a long, long time. These are not problems, not showstoppers only fearmongering to keep complacent and uninvolved population satisfied with the status quo and scared brainlessly of any meaningful change.

• Like 1

I'll repeat: as it's becoming absolutely obvious that none of the default pseudo parties have any genuine interest in implementing meaningful change, the society has only two options: find a way to do what is necessary; or face accelerating systemic crisis.

Managing from screw up to screw up; choosing the least worst of exactly two inadequate options; near-absolute rule with no real checks and accountability; detachment from the reality and the culture of privilege and entitlement; is not an effective nor efficient management model for a complex modern society and will lead only to deepening and accelerating failures.

The society itself has to find effective ways to begin this conversation and take it to the result over the resistance of the entrenched political system.

Edited by myata

32 minutes ago, myata said:

Listen, I'll say it once only: !diocy is not a privilege, and neither an achievement. If you cannot read it's nobody else's problem or responsibility. Done.

You should heed your own advice LOL

I can read, it is you that cannot write LOL

Also, are you really represented locally when the ruling party tells your MP how to vote?

The party's position on whether or not to support a bill is decided in caucus. Party solidarity is an effective means to advance the party's standing. Caucus is the place where MP's have the freedom to tell the leadership to pound sand. If an MP is willing to put career ahead of principle, his constituants elected the wrong person. If you want an MP with the integrity to vote their conscience rather than the party line, PR is not the way to go. Many MP's seem to forget they are in the drivers' seat. If they withhold their support of the leader, the leader has to resign.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

They say housing is going to be a major issue in the next election. It is ironic that the Leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition lives in a nice house (Stornoway) while the Prime Minister is homeless and couch surfing in the Governor General's shed in the back yard.

Yes - it would seem justin can't even keep his OWN house in order, never mind the country's :) 

12 minutes ago, myata said:

I'll repeat: as it's becoming absolutely obvious that none of the default pseudo parties have any genuine interest in implementing meaningful change,

I'm still not clear on what specific change you are referring to. You see PR as a means to a change but not what the change should be.I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth.  What would you like to see the government accomplish that it is not attempting to do already, given the limitations they face?

15 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If they withhold their support of the leader, the leader has to resign.

So wishful thinking in place of the reality. The Great Leader feeds, buys loyalty of "MP" out of citizens' pocket, the bottomless bucket. China MP can decide to vote against the leader and lo, freedom. So many times, so many examples and not a single spark. Or wilful ignorance.