Don't be fooled by the woke or liberal messages about illicit drugs being just a "health" problem

The Clarksville, Arkansas police hit the nail right on the head.  

"My Name: "Is Meth"

I destroy homes, I tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start.

I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,

The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember I'm easily found,

I live all around you - in schools and in town

I live with the rich; I live with the poor,

I live down the street, and maybe next door.

I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,

I can be made under the kitchen sink.

In your child's closet, and even in the woods,

If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.

I have many names, but there's one you know best,

I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.

My power is awesome; try me you'll see,

But if you do, you may never break free.

Just try me once and I might let you go,

But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,

You do what you have to -- just to get high.

The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms

Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms,your lungs your nose.

You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,

When you see their tears, you should feel sad.

But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,

I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,

I turn people from God, and separate friends.

I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,

I'll be with you always -- right by your side.

You'll give up everything - your family, your home,

Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.

I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give, When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

If you try me be warned - this is no game,

If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.

I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind,

I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,

The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.

The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see,

I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.

But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,

That you are mine, and we shall not part.

You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,

But you came to me, not I to you.

You knew this would happen, many times you were told,

But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.

You could have said no, and just walked away,

If you could live that day over, now what would you say?

I'll be your master, you will be my slave,

I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.

Now that you have met me, what will you do?

Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.

I can bring you more misery than words can tell, Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell."

-Clarksville Police Dept., Arkansas.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

My Name: "Is Meth

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

In your child's closet

Is Meth sounds scary!

Why did you post an Arkansas scary propaganda announcement from a crap-hole called Clarksville in the federal Canadian section of the forum?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Illicit hard drugs are worse than bad.  They lead to total destruction of people's lives and families.  What is it with people who would question or oppose that kind of warning?  I think I know what the answer is.  There is Satan, the ruler of this world system and there are those who follow him.

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Illicit hard drugs are worse than bad.  They lead to total destruction of people's lives and families.  What is it with people who would question or oppose that kind of warning?  I think I know what the answer is.  There is Satan, the ruler of this world system and there are those who follow him.

Can you point to anyone who thinks meth is a good thing?

That might be the stupidest public “warning” that I’ve ever read.  Why did you post it in the Canada Federal politics section of the forum?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

That might be the stupidest public “warning” that I’ve ever read.  Why did you post it in the Canada Federal politics section of the forum?

Because decriminalization is a federal law issue and the drug crisis is right across Canada.  It is a national issue and therefore federal politics is the best place to post national issues.  I am not sure why you would say warning people about the consequences of taking illicit drugs is "the stupidest public 'warning".  Are you a drug addict trying to defend it or what is your problem?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 10:31 AM, impartialobserver said:

When and if the OP realizes that you can't completely eradicate drugs from a society.. maybe he will start being more realistic. It is not possible to 100% remove drugs from a developed society where folks have discretionary income. 

Nobody said and the OP never said drugs can be completely eradicated.  The point is young people and adults need to know and understand the dire consequences of experimenting with illicit drugs.  All the nonsense from progressives and the left about avoiding causing stigma and it is strictly a health issue as if nothing else matters is a problem and only covering up the enormity of consequences of dabbling with drugs.  Instead of covering up the facts of how serious drugs are and pretending it is not a crime against oneself, family and society, we should be teaching young people and everyone else what the consequences of illicit drugs are.

19 hours ago, herbie said:

~Follow for more

Exactly how I picture you.

Just now, blackbird said:

Nobody said and the OP never said drugs can be completely eradicated.  The point is young people and adults need to know and understand the dire consequences of experimenting with illicit drugs.  All the nonsense from progressives and the left about avoiding causing stigma and it is strictly a health issue as if nothing else matters is a problem and only covering up the enormity of consequences of dabbling with drugs.  Instead of covering up the facts of how serious drugs are and pretending it is not a crime against oneself, family and society, we should be teaching young people and everyone else what the consequences of illicit drugs are.

you must live in another dimension or world. Most everyone I know is fully aware of the harm that illicit drugs do. Now, where we differ is that more realistic people that have ventured out of the house know that having everyone quit cold turkey is impossible. Therefore, being realistic and not using scare tactics is the way to go. If you tell someone the worst case scenario.. they will tune you out. I hate to be so harsh and realistic but your grasp on reality is tenuous at best. 

20 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Can you point to anyone who thinks meth is a good thing?

this is like someone saying that punching yourself in the face hurts and should be avoided. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

you must live in another dimension or world. Most everyone I know is fully aware of the harm that illicit drugs do. Now, where we differ is that more realistic people that have ventured out of the house know that having everyone quit cold turkey is impossible. Therefore, being realistic and not using scare tactics is the way to go. If you tell someone the worst case scenario.. they will tune you out. I hate to be so harsh and realistic but your grasp on reality is tenuous at best. 

You are the one who is not being realistic.  Everyone obviously does not know or have a clue about the harm illicit drugs can cause to themselves, their families, and everyone in society.  They may have heard vague things about the consequences of drugs, but obviously, they are not paying attention or don't care.  The narrative which we hear from activists and academics and people involved with drug injection sites is always pandering and trying their best to not speak about the truth or harm drugs cause.  The ideology is don't offend anyone because it might scare addicts away.  Addicts don't care.  They are busy trying to get their next fix.  It is everyone else who needs to be warned against drugs.

Warning people, starting with young people in schools, is not "scare tactics" as you said.  That is the most ludicrous statement you could come up with.   You obviously are one of the lefties who don't think people should be taught or warned.  Get a grip on reality.

Edited by blackbird

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are the one who is not being realistic.  Everyone obviously does not know or have a clue about the harm illicit drugs can cause to themselves, their families, and everyone in society.  They may have heard vague things about the consequences of drugs, but obviously, they are not paying attention or don't care.  The narrative which we hear from activists and academics and people involved with drug injection sites is always pandering and trying their best to not speak about the truth or harm drugs cause.  The ideology is don't offend anyone because it might scare addicts away.  Addicts don't care.  They are busy trying to get their next fix.  It is everyone else who needs to be warned against drugs.

Warning people, starting with young people in schools, is not "scare tactics" as you said.  That is the most ludicrous statement you could come up with.   You obviously are one of the lefties who don't think people should be taught or warned.  Get a grip on reality.

vague things... this tells me that you must never leave your house. This is proof that you get your "worldview" from cherry picked internet sites. I have been in k-12 schools and their messaging is not vague nor condoning of it. Now for those who already addicts... your approach does not work. I have seen it firsthand and your types get tuned out. If what you want is to talk to yourself... why bother talking to addict? 

On 7/21/2023 at 3:52 PM, impartialobserver said:

Now for those who already addicts... your approach does not work. I have seen it firsthand and your types get tuned out. If what you want is to talk to yourself... why bother talking to addict? 

I never said that this is the right message for addicts.  But most of society are not addicts and need to be warned about drugs.  Simple as that.  We don't hear that warning from our illustrious leaders like Trudeau or left-leaning/liberal Premiers and politicians (BC NDP) or those involved in promoting free hard drugs and injection sites, (harm reduction advocates) but who seem to have a lot to say about everything else.  

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I never said that this is the right message for addicts.  But most of society are not addicts and need to be warned about drugs.  Simple as that.  We don't hear that warning from our illustrious leaders like Trudeau or left-leaning/liberal Premiers and politicians (BC NDP) or those involved in promoting free hard drugs and injection sites, (harm reduction advocates) but who seem to have a lot to say about everything else.  

Hmm... so just because a few (out of thousands or millions) do not issue warnings.. then that must mean that no one does. Wow... how do I get so out of touch with reality like you?

Do you know why some (not all) support the idea of easing someone off drugs (injection sites being a form of this)? Because expecting someone to go from full on addiction to nothing and there being no consequences is not realistic. But this is not your utopia so what other unrealistic fantasies about this topic do you want to espouse?

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Hmm... so just because a few (out of thousands or millions) do not issue warnings.. then that must mean that no one does. Wow... how do I get so out of touch with reality like you?

Do you know why some (not all) support the idea of easing someone off drugs (injection sites being a form of this)? Because expecting someone to go from full on addiction to nothing and there being no consequences is not realistic. But this is not your utopia so what other unrealistic fantasies about this topic do you want to espouse?

I am not opposed to easing addicts off drugs.  You assume a lot  just for the purpose of opposing the warning about drugs I posted.  You are the one opposing warning about drugs and seem to be taking the Devil's side by not wanting people to be warned.  Why would anyone in their right mind oppose warning people about drugs? 

16 hours ago, blackbird said:

I am not opposed to easing addicts off drugs.  You assume a lot  just for the purpose of opposing the warning about drugs I posted.  You are the one opposing warning about drugs and seem to be taking the Devil's side by not wanting people to be warned.  Why would anyone in their right mind oppose warning people about drugs? 

I do not oppose warning about drugs and do so often with my own kids. However, your black and white approach does not work. I have seen it with my own eyes and plenty of scientific journal articles show that your fire and brimstone approach is about as useful as walking up to them and smacking them with a lead pipe. 

On 7/20/2023 at 12:47 PM, TreeBeard said:

Is Meth sounds scary!

Why did you post an Arkansas scary propaganda announcement from a crap-hole called Clarksville in the federal Canadian section of the forum?

Why did you pop your head out of your ass just to write that post? Please go back. 

On 7/21/2023 at 2:46 PM, impartialobserver said:

where we differ is that more realistic people that have ventured out of the house know that having everyone quit cold turkey is impossible.

Who said anything about quitting cold turkey? That's just a straw-man argument. 

Therefore, being realistic and not using scare tactics is the way to go.

Those aren't scare tactics. Every word of it is true. It is 100% realistic.

Do you think that kids aren't given the opposite of 'scare tactics'? That they're not sold a false bill of goods on the other side?

Everyone who pimps drugs to them will say "This is the real deal. It's completely awesome, and it's perfectly safe. I do it whenever I want and look at me: do I look like a twitchy loser to you? Of course not, and neither will you. You're strong enough to handle this shit, don't be a wussy. Everyone's doing it. Actors and athletes do this all the time and they're fine. Coke is rich people's beer."

My old roommate had a brother (he literally disappeared, she hadn't seen him in years the last time I talked to her) who flashed a ziplock at me with some random (non-drug) crap in it and said "If I had $50 worth of coke in this bag I could get girls to do things that they wouldn't do for $1,000."

You need to educate kids to what they'll be told on the street, what the actual truth is, what the risks are, etc, and then you need to keep them busy so that they can burn off that reckless energy. Then you need a plan for the worst case scenario. 

I've personally never tried coke or anything stronger because I know how much I'd like it. I hate weed because I don't like being bogged down, and just I won't try the opposite, period. 

I've been offered cocaine more than my share of times and I'm a guy. Pretty girls will be offered it 20x as much as I ever was. Cokeheads are f'n annoying because they want you to do it with them. If they ask you once they'll keep asking you until you threaten them with violence. 

If you tell someone the worst case scenario.. they will tune you out.

If you have enough positive things going on in your relationship with someone they won't tune you out so quickly. 

In our world, that's my wife. She doesn't have my temper or my confrontational nature so our kids always listen to her. 

• Haha 1