Canada Day 2023 is May Day

6 hours ago, herbie said:

FFs slavery was abolished before Canada even existed as a nation.  voting rights unequal until the 1960s - on an on.

Voting rights were equal for black and white votes. Bases on land ownership and military service. Not race . Right? Or? You don't know your history??

22 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The only group there that can really claim to be some kind of victims are indigenous people. The numbers of the other racial groups in Canada during almost its entire history numbered in mere thousands. Only a tiny sliver of the existing visible minority population can trace their presence in Canada back beyond the 1980s.

Steaming pile of bullshit

Giving an immigrant who shot someone in a robbery a lighter sentence.

more steaming bullshit

Giving the child of an immigrant an advantage in government hiring, and in university admittance.

nonstop steaming bullshit.

18 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot

Believe every anti-immigrant right wing cliche do you?

17 hours ago, antiwoke said:

Voting rights were equal for black and white votes. Bases on land ownership and military service. Not race . Right? Or? You don't know your history??

You obviously don't.

Women couldn't vote until 1920
Asians couldn't vote until 1948.
Natives couldn't vote until 1960.
18, 19, 20 year olds couldn't vote until 1970
British subjects who weren't Canadian Citizens could vote until 1970
Since 1999 the right of prisoners serving sentences 10 years or more to vote federally was revoked.

But of course someone named asleep would see only black and white.

Edited by herbie

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Steaming pile of bullshit

more steaming bullshit

nonstop steaming bullshit.

Believe every anti-immigrant right wing cliche do you?

Nearly 6,264,800 people identified themselves as a member of a visible minority group. They represented 19.1% of the total population. Of these visible minorities, 30.9% were born in Canada and 65.1% were born outside the country and came to live in Canada as immigrants. 

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm

• Second generation includes individuals who were born in Canada and had at least one parent born outside Canada. In 2011, this group consisted of just over 5,702,700 people, representing 17.4% of the total population. For just over half (54.8%) of them, both parents were born outside Canada.

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011003_2-eng.cfm

Blacks had the second largest proportion of Canadian-born among all visible minority groups, 43.2%. Among Blacks, 8.9% were third generation or more

https://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2013/statcan/CS99-010-2011-1-eng.pdf

Edited by I am Groot

17 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Is that your apology?

Are you asking why we shouldn't consider immigrants as 'victims' of our past racism?

At this stage of the game any advantages white people had over “racialized” are more than corrected.  The joke of course is that Asians outperform whites academically…and guess what, they do it despite the colour of their skin.  The favouring of identity groups is toxic and racist.   

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

At this stage of the game any advantages white people had over “racialized” are more than corrected.   

The implication being that any statistical differences are entirely to the credit or detriment of the efforts of individuals right?

The existence of groups that do better than whites means that those who do worse have themselves to blame right?

On 7/1/2023 at 10:05 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. I don't think I criticized the conclusion, just the methods. I have a lot of ability to help people understand good methods you see.

2. You think China is directly influencing our domestic policy? Wow. If that's the case, then there's a conspiracy that is so deep that they've likely already infiltrated the inquiry.

Or it could just be a theory. ?

ROFLMAO!!!

Oh Mikey...you do try hard, don't ya. But in the final analysis, any rational person can see right through you and your faux intellectual facade.

You pass yourself off as a conservative. Pfft...you're no conservative. You're nothing more that a sounding board for authoritarianism. 

So...your only real ability is to attack conservatism and the concept of freedom. Your attempts to discourage investigation of Chinese corruption in our government is a clear sign that you don't give a rat's ass about Canada or democracy. No sir...it's more than evident that all you care about is the complete destruction of any and all opposition to this oppressive government and its corrupt institutions. 

13 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

...it's more than evident that all you care about is ...

Every time you make a supposition about me, rather than attacking my points, you make me look better.

We started out with an assertion that China was directly contributing to the liberals, in order to influence domestic policy on.. multiculturalism I guess?  By the time we reach the end, it was about a donation to The Trudeau foundation not the election campaign.  And the assertions about policy were less clear.

I'm on record as not being a supporter of Trudeau, and your entire approach with me is to just say that I actually am.

Try to come up with something better if you can.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Every time you make a supposition about me, rather than attacking my points, you make me look better.

We started out with an assertion that China was directly contributing to the liberals, in order to influence domestic policy on.. multiculturalism I guess?  By the time we reach the end, it was about a donation to The Trudeau foundation not the election campaign.  And the assertions about policy were less clear.

I'm on record as not being a supporter of Trudeau, and your entire approach with me is to just say that I actually am.

Try to come up with something better if you can.

When relying to a post saying vote for the opposition, your snark reply was...

"Is there a Candidate who is vowing to destroy the right?"

Edited by Nationalist

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The implication being that any statistical differences are entirely to the credit or detriment of the efforts of individuals right?

The existence of groups that do better than whites means that those who do worse have themselves to blame right?

Do you suggest limiting the numbers of spots given to Asians because they do better statistically and giving some of these spots to lower performing whites and blacks, or do you leave out the whites?  Who deserves special treatment and who doesn’t?  Also, how do you decide?  Is there something inherently needy about certain races in your estimation?

28 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Do you suggest limiting the numbers of spots given to Asians because they do better statistically and giving some of these spots to lower performing whites and blacks, or do you leave out the whites?  Who deserves special treatment and who doesn’t?  Also, how do you decide?  Is there something inherently needy about certain races in your estimation?

I haven't made an opinion on affirmative action.  I find it problematic, mostly because the real problem of the US is poverty and liberals tend to be happier if you ignore that aspect.

But the basic logic of assuming racism doesn't exist because "Asians do better" is just a way for nationalists to flatter themselves about the systems they defend, I find.

Affirmative Action is supposed to address the exclusionary effects of racism in the US, that prevent black Americans from succeeding.  But as racism reduces over time, it seems that there's a vested interest in keeping it going both for liberal neoliberals and racists too.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No that people aren't talking about the campaign promise DeSantis made to destroy leftism, presumably meaning the Democratic Party.

Interesting. Does he mean the Democrat Party? Or does he mean the AOCs of the Democrat Party?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, herbie said:

As usual, unable to back the claim, quotes irrelevant fact as proof.

Well,, here's your apology:

Sorry I pointed your bullshit. Sorry you're unable to even see what you said when it's quoted right in front of you.

I make a statement of fact. You respond with anger and vitriol. I post incontrovertible evidence that what I said was simple truth, using government of Canada cites.

And your response is to ignore them and continue raging. 

I'm not sure what happened in your life to make you such a bitter, angry person, but it's obviously reached the point where, assuming you were ever capable of it, you can no longer rationally discuss any topic that transgresses the boundaries of your ideological fixations. 

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

A number of groups do better than whites. Namely, those who put a high value on maintaining a two-parent family, and on those parents putting a deal of effort into their childrens' education. 

Not all groups do. Blacks do not, as a rule. Which is the principal reason (not racism) that they fail. Not just in the US, but in Canada, and in the UK. Other groups arrive, 1st generation immigrants living in or near poverty, and then boost their children up into the middle classes. Blacks don't seem able to do this.

On 7/3/2023 at 4:45 PM, herbie said:

You obviously don't.

Women couldn't vote until 1920
Asians couldn't vote until 1948.
Natives couldn't vote until 1960.

But of course someone named asleep would see only black and white.

Thanks right. So you agree with the point. Black and white landowners/military service members both got the vote at the same time. You do know women and Asians and aboriginal are different from black and white???

Joker.