This Biden Economy Sucks!!! I can't even buy a CAR!!

50 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

Mexican day laborers standing in front of the bigger towns convenience stores by the dozen. Lines of patriot illegal immigrant hating contractor patriots in their PUs, some with Trump bumper stickers grabbing them up. Not an immigrant to be seen by 8am. All on the job contributing to our bustling economy 

And if these day workers have no work permit, the need to be deported and the employer charged. If I'm not mistaken, this was happening before dopey Biden took office.

37 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And if these day workers have no work permit, the need to be deported and the employer charged. If I'm not mistaken, this was happening before dopey Biden took office.

Wasn't happening like this during T-Rumps disaster of a presidency, due to Rumps poor handling of the Covid pandemic or economy was in shambles by the time America gave him the boot. Small businesses booming like never before. These people can not and will not be deported. It would crash out economy. Do despite all the usual jibber from the rightwingdingaling noise machine immigrants will stay right here and contribute 

10 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

Wasn't happening like this during T-Rumps disaster of a presidency, due to Rumps poor handling of the Covid pandemic or economy was in shambles by the time America gave him the boot. Small businesses booming like never before. These people can not and will not be deported. It would crash out economy. Do despite all the usual jibber from the rightwingdingaling noise machine immigrants will stay right here and contribute 

Sure it was. You don't remember the "Buy American Hire American" executive order?

And Trump handled The Rona freakout well. He pushed for a vaccine, which you Tweenkies took gleefully, closed off travel from China, and refused to make vaccination mandatory.

Had Trump been put in office in 2020, inflation would be minimal and the border would still be enforced.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Hoorah...

No, I get it. You want the American economy to fail unless a Republican is in the White House. That’s why I refer to people like you as enemies of the United States, because we are a democracy and the people elected the current President and we wish them success. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rebound said:

No, I get it. You want the American economy to fail unless a Republican is in the White House. That’s why I refer to people like you as enemies of the United States, because we are a democracy and the people elected the current President and we wish them success. 

1. Its not completely obvious that Biden was legally elected. Tens of millions still believe the election was dirty as hell. You may not like that...but it is reality.

2. Nobody "wants" the US economy to fail, except maybe China and Russia. Even then, I doubt they want it to fail. Biden has driven it into the ground with his BS. Plain and simple.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Ya...right...

Car sales are down. Yet deliveries are slow. What does that tell you?

Have you never heard of chip supply shortage from TAIWAN?

100% due to US COMPANIES outsourcing all of the latest semi-conductor MANUFACTURING.

But don't worry, cause Biden's "CHIPS" bill is moving manufacturing BACK to the US.

The CHIPS Bill

5 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Mexican day laborers standing in front of the bigger towns convenience stores by the dozen. Lines of patriot illegal immigrant hating contractor patriots in their PUs, some with Trump bumper stickers grabbing them up. Not an immigrant to be seen by 8am. All on the job contributing to our bustling economy 

It helps out the poor a lot when illegal immigrants work for cash, right?  

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's absolutely the point.  

For the past couple of years in Canada people were buying up used cars and shipping them down to the US because you didn't have enough cars to meet the demand, and as a result you were paying crazy prices for them.

Used cars were selling for more than they sold for new two years earlier in both Canada and the US. At this time I should point out that in a normal year, when you by a normal car, it's value goes down by about ten percent the second you drive it off the lot. 

If you bought a car for $40,000, it was a $36,000 car ten seconds later. So it's quite a huge swing when you buy a car and drive it for two years and then sell it for more than you bought it for. 

FYI people put about 20,000 km a year on vehicles, and cars are only reliable for about 160,000-200,000 km. Most cars never get to 300,000 km. Your 1983 Corolla is an outlier. 

That means that when you use up 40,000km, you've used up about 1/4 to 1/5th of the cars reliable lifespan. 

You gotta admit, it's pretty crazy when a vehicle only has 80% of its life left and it sells for 105% of its original price. 

And that had nothing to do with a "robust covid economy" lol. It was a simple "supply and demand" issue then and it still is: supply just hasn't caught up to the pent up demand yet. Sorry for talking over your head but you're a leftist and that's just how it's always going to be. 

If we ever have a discussion about "stupid reasons to riot, loot and burn businesses down" you can take the lead.

Big swing and a miss again.

I am ever so happy that you do not work in my office. Your passion/bias gets in the way of you saying anything rational. By the way.. I said nothing about this growth in auto sales being due to "Biden's awesomeness"... you know this but you have to stay in character. 

On 5/31/2023 at 8:52 AM, impartialobserver said:

If you judge an economy's health based solely on auto sales then I would say that things are going ok

https://www.factorywarrantylist.com/car-sales-by-state.html

20 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

May 2022.. 13.043 millin

April 2023... 16.453 million

Simple math shows that 16.453 > 13.043 therefore auto sales are increasing in the short term. Auto sales at some point in the past.. irrelevant

I said nothing about this growth in auto sales being due to "Biden's awesomeness".

You've been saying things like "If you judge an economy's health based solely on auto sales..." and "Auto sales at some point in the past.. irrelevant", both implying that high auto prices right now are some sign of a robust economy right now, and that the previous shortage has nothing to do with it. 

I proved beyond any doubt that's not the case at all. High auto prices right now are absolutely the result of previous supply shortages caused by covid closures... more specifically a shortage of microchips.  

Can you name another time in our history where 2-yr-old vehicles were regularly selling for over the original MSRP? C'mon stats guy, put your money where your mouth is for once...

Again, I'm not saying this for your benefit - the whoosh factor is too great. I'm just setting the record straight so that intelligent people don't get sucked in to the OP's delusions for want of information. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

If you judge an economy's health based solely on auto sales.

Do you recall that first word again? Hmmmm... I included that first word for a very deliberate reason. 

If you were 1/10 as smart as you claim to be.. you would read the word, "if" and think.. "oh so there is more than way to judge an economy's health". But you are the typical internet forum poster whose zealousness gets in the way of that realization.

Interesting how I challenged you to show explicit quotes where I said it was due to "Biden's awesomeness" and you dodge it.. Another typical act of the internet forum poster. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Have you never heard of chip supply shortage from TAIWAN?

100% due to US COMPANIES outsourcing all of the latest semi-conductor MANUFACTURING.

But don't worry, cause Biden's "CHIPS" bill is moving manufacturing BACK to the US.

The CHIPS Bill

Yes the great chips bill. Perhaps the only positive thing Biden has done. But given enough time, he'll fck that up too. If he hasn't already done so...

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Ha ha ha ha ha…

You think the Trump Administration held anyone accountable for hiring undocumented workers? Ha! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Ha ha ha ha ha…

You think the Trump Administration held anyone accountable for hiring undocumented workers? Ha! 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-idUSKCN18D2CA

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/12/11/donald-trump-targeted-more-worksites-undocumented-immigrants-immigration-and-customs-enforcement/2263656002/

Oops! Looks suspiciously like they did...huh?

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Right. And IF YOU COULD F-ING READ, then you would know that BOTH of those articles state that the Trump Administration PROSECUTED ZERO EMPLOYERS FOR HIRING UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS. 

“Feds targeting more worksites crack down on undocumented workers – but not their employers”

”Deportations under Trump have actually fallen by 12 percent compared to the same period under Obama.” ( article you cited)

Edited by Rebound

22 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Do you recall that first word again? Hmmmm... I included that first word for a very deliberate reason. 

If you were 1/10 as smart as you claim to be.. you would read the word, "if" and think.. "oh so there is more than way to judge an economy's health". But you are the typical internet forum poster whose zealousness gets in the way of that realization.

Interesting how I challenged you to show explicit quotes where I said it was due to "Biden's awesomeness" and you dodge it.. Another typical act of the internet forum poster. 

Do you understand that the net effect of your sentence is that this seems to be one indication that the economy is going gangbusters, in line with the sentiments of the OP?

But it's not. There's no 'if' at all.

It is absolutely not an indication of a good economy at all, there's zero chance, and that's indisputable. It is a function of the previous shortages and nothing else. 

Edited by WestCanMan

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Do you understand that the net effect of your sentence is that this seems to be one indication that the economy is going gangbusters, in line with the sentiments of the OP?

There's no 'if' at all.

It is absolutely not an indication of a good economy at all, there's zero chance, and that's indisputable. It is a function of the previous shortages and nothing else. 

So lets give you an education in reading comprehension.. When I include that word, "if"... that implies that there is another possibility other than what comes after the if. So there is more than way to judge an economy's health... no way. 

So in short.. you fill in the blanks and then get all high and mighty about your "expertise" when all you did was make assumptions. 

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Right. And IF YOU COULD F-ING READ, then you would know that BOTH of those articles state that the Trump Administration PROSECUTED ZERO EMPLOYERS FOR HIRING UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS. 

“Feds targeting more worksites crack down on undocumented workers – but not their employers”

”Deportations under Trump have actually fallen by 12 percent compared to the same period under Obama.” ( article you cited)

Greg Nevano, who oversees worksite enforcement for ICE's Homeland Security Investigations office, said those numbers do not mean employers get a pass. He said it simply takes more time for federal charges to be finalized against employers because their cases are more complex and those numbers will start increasing in 2019 as more indictments are filed.

See the graph on that link too.

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

So lets give you an education in reading comprehension.. When I include that word, "if"... that implies that there is another possibility other than what comes after the if. So there is more than way to judge an economy's health... no way. 

So in short.. you fill in the blanks and then get all high and mighty about your "expertise" when all you did was make assumptions. 

I don't care what you meant to say, you said this:

If you judge an economy's health based solely on auto sales then I would say that things are going ok

That means that auto sales ARE an indication that things are going ok. "RE an indicator". 

The effect of "If" in that sentence just lowers the standard of proof from "Certainly indicates that things are going ok" down to "It's one indication that things are going ok, but prbobaly not enough to hang your hat on." 

I'm telling you that it's quite the opposite. It's not proof of something good, it's proof of a recent policy failure (not Biden's own failure, previous administrations for the past 30 years have had a hand in this), it's actually proof that the global supply chain failure is still wreaking havoc in some sectors of the economy. Nothing more, nothing less. 

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

1. Its not completely obvious that Biden was legally elected. Tens of millions still believe the election was dirty as hell. You may not like that...but it is reality.

2. Nobody "wants" the US economy to fail, except maybe China and Russia. Even then, I doubt they want it to fail. Biden has driven it into the ground with his BS. Plain and simple.

No, you are just utterly wrong. 
Biden LEGALLY, under law, was declared the winner in every state he won, including Michigan, Georgia and Arizona.  

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TRUMP SUPPORTERS THINK.  That isn’t what decides “legal.”  They’re just a bunch of dopes who read conspiracy laden websites and they can’t tell fact from fiction. 

The electors were legally chosen. They sent their ballots to Washington. They were legally counted. Biden was sworn in. 

You have absolutely no clue how utterly stupld you make yourself look.  Way, way sub-100 in the IQ zone. Did you graduate 6th grade? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

No, you are just utterly wrong. 
Biden LEGALLY, under law, was declared the winner in every state he won, including Michigan, Georgia and Arizona.  

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TRUMP SUPPORTERS THINK.  That isn’t what decides “legal.”  They’re just a bunch of dopes who read conspiracy laden websites and they can’t tell fact from fiction. 

The electors were legally chosen. They sent their ballots to Washington. They were legally counted. Biden was sworn in. 

You have absolutely no clue how utterly stupld you make yourself look.  Way, way sub-100 in the IQ zone. Did you graduate 6th grade? 

Not half as stupid as you look.

Over 60% of Republicans believe that election stunk and over 40% of all Americans do as well.

But keep carrying that flame of hope and change...hope and change...lol...so dumb.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Not half as stupid as you look.

Over 60% of Republicans believe that election stunk and over 40% of all Americans do as well.

But keep carrying that flame of hope and change...hope and change...lol...so dumb.

You don’t know what I look like but I can tell how stupld you are. 

You have no evidence that the election was stolen. You now have evidence that Fox News lost over $785 million in a lawsuit for claiming that Dominion Voting Systems products contributed to Trump’s loss. 

Trump lost because fewer people voted for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's one indication that things are going ok, but prbobaly not enough to hang your hat on

See, there is hope for you. One indication of many possibilities...By including that two letter word, "if", it says something similar to this above. And to think that you could have saved all of this energy going in circles. 

still, its a good thing that you do not work in my office. That alone gives me solace. 

Edited by impartialobserver

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

Your article:

”The 121 federal indictments and convictions of managers in 2018 represented a 10-year low for the agency.”

23 minutes ago, Rebound said:

You don’t know what I look like but I can tell how stupld you are. 

I know exactly what you look like: a credulous leftard (by definition). 

You have no evidence that the election was stolen.

We have evidence that the FBI exerted a lot of highly inappropriate influence on the election, both from the crimes they committed against Trump during their show trial and by their pre-emptive strike against the laptop information, which was followed up by a signed letter from "50 former members of the intel community" and the FBI/Dems' co-conspirators at TNI (WashPo, Google, Twitter, FB, AP, Reuters, BBC, CBC, NYT, etc). 

You have no evidence that the election was stolen.

The election was completely illegitimate, but it's all that you guys have in place in order to have a figurehead who's theoretically at the helm of the US. 

It's impossible to have a country with president, so Biden is what you have, God help you all. 

c

• Downvote 1