This Biden Economy Sucks!!! I can't even buy a CAR!!

Yea, I'm in the market to replace my wife's Nissan SUV. Looking at these really nice KIAs and Hyundai SUVs with 100k/10yr power train warranties. Problem is with this economy you can't touch em. They sell faster than dealers get them in. Dealers aren't budging on sticker price with most charging 2k over MSRP and getting it!!

Sure doesn't look like this hellish economy picture Republicons paint on a daily basis, does it???

1 hour ago, NYLefty said:

Yea, I'm in the market to replace my wife's Nissan SUV. Looking at these really nice KIAs and Hyundai SUVs with 100k/10yr power train warranties. Problem is with this economy you can't touch em. They sell faster than dealers get them in. Dealers aren't budging on sticker price with most charging 2k over MSRP and getting it!!

Sure doesn't look like this hellish economy picture Republicons paint on a daily basis, does it???

Fuhrer Biden wants us all on bikes or walking - it's what Mother Earth and her trees really need. 

• Haha 2

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/22/some-used-vehicles-selling-at-over-original-msrp/

We went to the Toyota dealership here in Langley BC last year and they had a 3-yr lease return (Sienna iirc, it was a minivan) that was selling for more than the original asking price

I didn't enquire about it because I hate minivans, we were there to look the Highlander Hybrid, so I'm not 100% sure that it reached the very end of it's lease but it was definitely used.

We ended up buying a Bronco for $8K more than the MSRP, and we only managed to get that because someone had ordered it in advance and then decided not to pick it up.

There are shortages everywhere. 

High auto prices are not specifically Biden's fault, the plandemic is mainly to blame, but leftards were the main drivers of the plandemic. 

Fun fact: when 15,000 Canadians died of covid in 2020 it was headline news 24/7. When 14,000 people here died of covid in 2021 it was headine news 24/7. When over 16,000 multi-vaxed Canadians died of covid in 2022 we never heard a peep.

Shortages are long over. People are buying. Unemployment is at 3% and wages are up and people are buying. So do your rightwingdingaling shortages carry over to restaurants, bars which are packed beyond belief small business contractors who won't even return your call because they're overloaded with people having home improvements done. My family is putting in 80 thousand dollar kitchens and is booked for the next year and beyond. They're not even doing estimates or taking calls. People are buying, buying, buying. Home improvement big box stores are mobbed everyday here in NY

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Actually...yes it does.

You wanna buy an SUV. But the supply is low and the prices are high. That tells me that transport is still hamstrung by backed up deliveries and fuel prices. 

You’ll spin anything to fit your agenda.  
First thing: All autos are manufactured GLOBALLY.  New cars sold in America have stickers showing you how much of the car is sourced from the US and how much from elsewhere.  

Car sales are rising faster than manufacturers WORLDWIDE can meet demand.  This is an irrefutable sign of a strong, recovering, and growing economy, you bonehead. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rebound said:

First thing: All autos are manufactured GLOBALLY.  New cars sold in America have stickers showing you how much of the car is sourced from the US and how much from elsewhere.  

Car sales are rising faster than manufacturers WORLDWIDE can meet demand.  This is an irrefutable sign of a strong, recovering, and growing economy, you bonehead. 

Ya...right...

Car sales are down. Yet deliveries are slow. What does that tell you?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

That's not an up swing. It basically flat and well below pre-Rona.

It’s definitely 3 million units higher than one year ago and substantially higher than when our economy ground to a complete halt under Trump’s presidency. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

You're just 100% wrong, as usual.

The problem with the "global supply chain" is that so many things are specialized in different countries, and when one country stops producing something everyone else feels the pinch.

In the auto industry there was a shortage of computer chips which affected the global production of automobiles. 

New car sales actually were down everywhere, that's what drove up the price of used cars. If you talked to any car salesmen, they were having a hard time getting product to sell. What's even worse, at some dealerships (specifically the Ford dealership in Vict. BC where we got our Bronco) the salesmen don't get the commissions for the cars that they sold if they leave their jobs before the deals complete, and most of the sales that they were doing were pre-sales with long wait times - up to a year. So they were stuck at their jobs, not making a lot of money, but they'd lose even more if they left. 

Car sales in Canada were still down by 400,000 units in 2022 vs 2016-2019: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=2010000201&pickMembers[0]=1.1&cubeTimeFrame.startYear=2016&cubeTimeFrame.endYear=2022&referencePeriods=20160101%2C20220101

ScreenShot2023-05-31at3_53_08PM.thumb.png.269c41037dfe54d247b82adee3854d06.png

It was basically 2M per year for 4 years straight, then went down to 1.6M/year for the past 3 years. 

So yeah, this is just another case where some leftards got a little tidbit of info and spun it to fit their agenda. 

Hey dummy, did you know that there was one extra day of sunshine in April this year compared to April 2019, the 3rd year of Trump's term? "ALL HAIL BIDEN!! ALL HAIL BIDEN!! He is the truth and the light, and he maketh sunshine where before was only darkness. ALL HAIL BIDEN!! ALL HAIL BIDEN!!"

Joe22Adolf22Biden.thumb.png.ba10d533db2c2350dc6668d73b8c6857.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

May 2022.. 13.043 millin

April 2023... 16.453 million

Simple math shows that 16.453 > 13.043 therefore auto sales are increasing in the short term. Auto sales at some point in the past.. irrelevant

For people who were completely oblivious to what was going on for the past 3 years this may seem like a remarkable trend, but the auto market was suppressed by external forces from 2020 through 2022, that's just a fact. 

I don't expect you to ever understand this, but the info is out there if you ever decide to pull your head out of your ass. 

10 hours ago, NYLefty said:

It doesn't help when that son of a btch accelerated the INFLATION that has made all our dollars worth less than toilet paper.

27 minutes ago, Rebound said:

It’s definitely 3 million units higher than one year ago and substantially higher than when our economy ground to a complete halt under Trump’s presidency. 

The Trump economy was the best economy of the 21st Century until the OBAMA VIRUS (and a bunch of ignorant blue states) shut it down. Biden inherited an expanding economy and he ass fcked it into the WORST economy in history, WORSE THAN THE GREAT DEPRESSION.

Gasoline costs a fortune. DELIBERATELY, because of a non existent climate change lie. The American dollar is worth less than toilet paper, and IT IS ALL UNELECTED JOE'S FAULT.

1 minute ago, reason10 said:

It doesn't help when that son of a btch accelerated the INFLATION that has made all our dollars worth less than toilet paper.

This all has to do with a shortage of computer chips that kept car production down for the past few years. It has nothing to do with Biden's awesomeness lol. 

4 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Maybe in your state. Not here in NY

Oh, they're buying a lot of cars, mostly so they can rent UHauls and move the hell out of that third world shithole.

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

Oh, I agree the economy is recovering in the world. It's just tanking HERE, and it's ALL because of Unelected Joe and the DemoNazis.

It gets worse every day. Until we get a real AND LEGALLY ELECTED REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT to fix this, we're going to be a third world shithole.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

For people who were completely oblivious to what was going on for the past 3 years this may seem like a remarkable trend, but the auto market was suppressed by external forces from 2020 through 2022, that's just a fact. 

I don't expect you to ever understand this, but the info is out there if you ever decide to pull your head out of your ass. 

That is not the point.. but I do not expect you to understand that. 

Someone could say, "Denver Nuggets are playing in the NBA Finals" and you would reflexively give them an hour long diatribe about covid. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Someone could say, "Denver Nuggets are playing in the NBA Finals" and you would reflexively give them an hour long diatribe about covid. 

Which would be on point and correct.

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

It's absolutely the point.  

For the past couple of years in Canada people were buying up used cars and shipping them down to the US because you didn't have enough cars to meet the demand, and as a result you were paying crazy prices for them.

Used cars were selling for more than they sold for new two years earlier in both Canada and the US. At this time I should point out that in a normal year, when you by a normal car, it's value goes down by about ten percent the second you drive it off the lot. 

If you bought a car for $40,000, it was a $36,000 car ten seconds later. So it's quite a huge swing when you buy a car and drive it for two years and then sell it for more than you bought it for. 

FYI people put about 20,000 km a year on vehicles, and cars are only reliable for about 160,000-200,000 km. Most cars never get to 300,000 km. Your 1983 Corolla is an outlier. 

That means that when you use up 40,000km, you've used up about 1/4 to 1/5th of the cars reliable lifespan. 

You gotta admit, it's pretty crazy when a vehicle only has 80% of its life left and it sells for 105% of its original price. 

And that had nothing to do with a "robust covid economy" lol. It was a simple "supply and demand" issue then and it still is: supply just hasn't caught up to the pent up demand yet. Sorry for talking over your head but you're a leftist and that's just how it's always going to be. 

If we ever have a discussion about "stupid reasons to riot, loot and burn businesses down" you can take the lead.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

Mexican day laborers standing in front of the bigger towns convenience stores by the dozen. Lines of patriot illegal immigrant hating contractor patriots in their PUs, some with Trump bumper stickers grabbing them up. Not an immigrant to be seen by 8am. All on the job contributing to our bustling economy 

37 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

Mexican day laborers standing in front of the bigger towns convenience stores by the dozen. Lines of patriot illegal immigrant hating contractor patriots in their PUs, some with Trump bumper stickers grabbing them up. Not an immigrant to be seen by 8am. All on the job contributing to our bustling economy 

Contributing child prostitution, gang warfare and fentanyl?

Maybe a Democrat economy but not an American one.