7 hours ago, Contrarian said:

1. And I am saying I utilize mainstream media outlets, including left-wing or right-wing sources, as a source of data. This doesn't imply alignment with any particular ideology. You present charts to combat the right wing on this website, however, in the same charts CNN is showed as <-- left wing BIAS. Is just the reality. 

What actual left-wing sources do you get news from? 

I already explained that the website in question only acknowledges mainstream media. They're good as recognizing when a source often prints fake news, but their view of the political spectrum is limited. CNN is not left-wing. Vaush, the Young Turks, the Surfs, and the Majority Report are left-wing. But those are all outside of mainstream media.

I've explained this point at least three times, so are you unable to understand or are you just being dishonest?

You just want to travel at a speed of progress and expect society to travel at the same speed when they don't, then you use certain terminology that certain comedians used to use in New York which people at home listened to, they grouped and voted for an opportunist like Trump. 

I legit have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't expect society to change overnight. I'd ask why you think that, but I'm pretty sure you're on crack right now.

3. Politics like this answer, by acknowledging that both sides of the political spectrum can exhibit extreme behavior or ideological pitfalls, allows one to critically assess, not normalize what you are saying. 

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that both sides, as well as the center, can be extreme. However, because you're an enlightened centrist, you refuse to acknowledge that the right-wing establishment has embraced extremism and authoritarianism. You want to be able to say both sides are the same, even when the two sides are objectively different.

Just now, Contrarian said:

it is inaccurate to label the entire right-wing establishment as universally embracing extremism and authoritarianism.

Centrism, Radical Centrism, not talk show centrism for rating, is about finding common ground and promoting constructive dialogue, recognizing the nuances and differences within each political ideology. Seeks pragmatic solutions, not only what you think is correct. 

I honestly think you're the dumbest person here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I appreciate your observation regarding the Dunning-Kruger effect, and I have no problem to acknowledging that my knowledge of politics has limitations, in terms of language, etc. In fact, I find it all the more intriguing and worthwhile to embark on a journey of continuous learning and exploration in this complex field of your strength, which is politics. 

Then maybe stop caring about labels and start caring about reality. Right now you really just come off as a pretentious dumbass who thinks being ignorant is a virtue.

1 minute ago, Americana Antifa said:

Then maybe stop caring about labels and start caring about reality. Right now you really just come off as a pretentious dumbass who thinks being ignorant is a virtue.

That's pretty much just you. Funny enough - for everyone else it's YOU who's the pompous jackass.

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Physics, logitiscs, engineering and other industries have not only influenced specific concepts in politics but has also laid the groundwork for the very idea of politics itself. When you consider the fundamental principles of physics, such as the study of matter, energy, and interactions, one can draw parallels to the study of political systems, governance, and societal dynamics.

For example, the concept of Newton's third law of motion, which states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, can be seen in politics as well between dogmatics.

That's it, I'm convinced you're just a troll now.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Stop using terms like fascist, centrist with brain rot, nazis and you know, being a hypocrite and people may give your words more respect.

I only use the words when they fit. I never called you a nazi, because I don't think you are one. But you actually do have the same "enlightened centrism" brain rot that Contrarian has.

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

I only use the words when they fit.

You throw those words around like confetti whether they fit or not.  You don't care about facts - you just care about emotional arguents.

EVERYBODY knows what a fraud you are.  You have literally claimed all jews are nazis SEVERAL times, you frequently say ALL conservatives are fascist. You don't care if a word fits or not.

Sorry -that might work with the preschoolers you usually hang out with but it's not going to fly here

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This from somebody who uses the term "GROOMER" to describe people who disagree with him.

I am quite sure I was specific in describing what a groomer was. 

IE teaching gender ideology to children too young to understand, is highly inappropriate. 

You choosing to disagree with my point doesn't make it invalid. Especially so, if I supported my opinion. 

I am flattered that you think of me this much. You would give my wife a run for her money. 

And don't kid yourself in thinking I will give you another response. Just know I will enjoy knowing it bothers you that you were blocked.

You are free to continue with your one sided arguments. You seem to be quite sharp at those. 

13 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

1. I am quite sure I was specific in describing what a groomer was. 

2. I am flattered that you think of me this much. You would give my wife a run for her money. 

3. I will enjoy knowing it bothers you that you were blocked.

4. You are free to continue with your one sided arguments. You seem to be quite sharp at those. 

1. Yes but it was a huge stretch of meaning from what 'groomer' actually means.
2. I'm flattered your took me off ignore to respond.
3.  Yes this sounds perfectly normal.
4. Well, you think I'm a 'groomer' so this seems unimportant in comparison.

I gave a whole sermon on how not to talk about people but will do it anyway. 

However, here is the appeal of centrism: it allows for different viewpoints without necessitating blind agreement.

@Perspektiv suggests that I take my anti-CCP sentiments to an extreme, while I believe he exaggerates discussions about "sex" trends.

This could be attributed to his personal connection with China (his view about me being against CCP to this extent), as he mentioned before.

As a result, me and him acknowledge our differing perspectives and navigate most of the time, parallel paths, somewhere between right-wing and centrism.

Do you find offense in that? Is it because others don't meet your standards, or  @Michael Hardner, who uses "we" in his arguments. My friend, you have an opportunity to engage with someone like @Perspektiv, utilizing your knowledge to influence his perspective on certain matters, no?! It's worth noting that he comes from Haiti, a country with conservative values regarding family and social movements. So, even if he used the term "groomer," you can prove him wrong without inciting a mob mentality with collective pronouns. Sympathy won't be found through such means, here anyways. Good day, Michael. ?

FguwLEaXkAAYjbW.jpg

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

IE teaching gender ideology to children too young to understand, is highly inappropriate. 

While that's a discussion worth having, you're specifically using the word "groomer" to imply that the teachers are child molesters. It's very dishonest of you. Also very cowardly, since you won't even admit that's what you're doing.

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Given that the left is associated with Antifa and the right with Proud Boys, do either of you feel concerned about the potential rise of a radical centrist movement that could challenge both sides? Why not? It's simply a matter of dynamics, Madame.

This alone proves how stupid enlightened centrism is.

You can be a centrist and be anti-fascist.

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Let's be real here. You're just throwing around labels without considering the true nature of Antifa, yes, you will tell me they are not an organization, yes, I know the story. Here is my take: They are not the legitimate defenders of anti-fascism; they are nothing more than troublemakers.

If you want to talk about real anti-fascists, let's take a look at some concrete examples that speak for themselves.

The real men and women against extremism: 

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Antifa's tactics often involve resorting to violence, destruction of property, and spreading chaos. Can one honestly say that these actions contribute to a well-functioning society? They are far from being the solution or the official police of society.

• So, my plan is to film and expose whoever engages in destructive behavior. I hope to capture an equal number of incidents involving individuals from each side. Considering how people often lose their minds, it won't be hard to find those who cross the line. Agitated individuals can be found in any crowd.

I ain't about to feed no gaddam troll.

14 hours ago, Contrarian said:

@I am Groot see above, the multi quote in action. 

You see, if someone from the left can do efficient work, how can one complain?!

Signed, 

A narcissistic centrist.

You seem to be confused. My query was not on how to combine replies to different posts but how to keep them separate. Something you had no answer to either.

17 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I posted a cite about a month ago that explained the beliefs behind drag queens reading to children and that it was being done specifically to make them reconsider the societal assumptions about being straight and getting married, and make them more open to the idea of 'other sexualities' but it was too long and complicated for him. Despite the fact he's made defending the idea of transgenderism and drag queens the focal point of his online life. Calling drag queens groomers is not incorrect, even if they're not grooming them for sex with themselves personally. And the active work in teaching very small children about homosexuality and transgenderism in schools is pretty damned strange, as well. And largely being pushed by people who are very strong ideologues and proselytizers for some unappetizing things.

On 4/7/2023 at 6:25 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Is there a TLDR version that tells me that these are perverts?

I concede it is long, but if you were actually interested in it you could, like I did, skim through much of it to get to the more relevant paragraphs. But you can't really see it in just a couple of brief paragraphs.

Kornstein also published the manifesto for the movement, “Drag Pedagogy: The Playful Practice of Queer Imagination in Early Childhood,” with coauthor Harper Keenan, a female-to-male transgender queer theorist at the University of British Columbia. With citations to Foucault and Butler, the essay begins by applying queer theory’s basic premise of social constructivism and heteronormativity to the education system. “The professional vision of educators is often shaped to reproduce the state’s normative vision of its ideal citizenry. In effect, schooling functions as a way to straighten the child into a kind of captive alignment with the current parameters of that vision,” Kornstein and Keenan write. “To state it plainly, within the historical context of the USA and Western Europe, the institutional management of gender has been used as a way of maintaining racist and capitalist modes of (re)production.”

To disrupt this dynamic, the authors propose a new teaching method, “drag pedagogy,” as a way of stimulating the “queer imagination,” teaching kids “how to live queerly,” and “bringing queer ways of knowing and being into the education of young children.” As Kornstein and Keenan explain, this is an intellectual and political project that requires drag queens and activists to work toward undermining traditional notions of sexuality, replacing the biological family with the ideological family, and arousing transgressive sexual desires in young children. “Building in part from queer theory and trans studies, queer and trans pedagogies seek to actively destabilize the normative function of schooling through transformative education,” they write. “This is a fundamentally different orientation than movements towards the inclusion or assimilation of LGBT people into the existing structures of school and society.”

For the drag pedagogists, the traditional life path—growing up, getting married, working 40 hours a week, and raising a family—is an oppressive bourgeois norm that must be deconstructed and subverted. As the drag queens take the stage in their sexually suggestive costumes, Kornstein and Keenan argue, their task is to disrupt the “binary between womanhood and manhood,” seed the room with “gender-transgressive themes,” and break the “reproductive futurity” of the “nuclear family” and the “sexually monogamous marriage”—all of which are considered mechanisms of heterosexual, capitalist oppression. The books selected in many Drag Queen Story Hour performances—Cinderelliot, If You’re a Drag Queen and You Know It, The Gender Wheel, Bye Bye, Binary, and They, She, He, Easy as ABC—promote this basic narrative. Though Drag Queen Story Hour events are often billed as “family-friendly,” Kornstein and Keenan explain that this is a form of code: “It may be that DQSH is ‘family friendly,’ in the sense that it is accessible and inviting to families with children, but it is less a sanitizing force than it is a preparatory introduction to alternate modes of kinship. Here, DQSH is ‘family friendly’ in the sense of ‘family’ as an old-school queer code to identify and connect with other queers on the street.” That is, the goal is not to reinforce the biological family but to facilitate the child’s transition into the ideological family.

After the norms of gender, sexuality, marriage, and family are called into question, the drag queen can begin replacing this system of values with “queer ways of knowing and being.” Kornstein and Keenan make no bones about it: the purpose of what they call drag pedagogy, or the “pedagogy of desire,” is about reformulating children’s relationship with sex, sexuality, and eroticism. They describe drag as a “site of queer pleasure” that promises to “turn rejection into desire” and “[transform] the labour of performance into the pleasure of participation,” and DQSH as offering a “queer relationality” between adult and child. They litter their paper with sexualized language and double entendres, blurring the lines between adult sexuality and childhood innocence. In fact, as the queer pedagogist Hannah Dyer has written, queer pedagogy and, by extension, drag pedagogy seek to expose the very concept of “childhood innocence” as an oppressive heteropatriarchal illusion. “

https://www.city-journal.org/article/the-real-story-behind-drag-queen-story-hour

Edited by I am Groot