Jump to content

Cancel Culture . . . alive and well.


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

He retired from politics before he publicly disagreed with that. Since then, he's worked at a college.

So the reason you haven't been seeing him in media is because he retired, not because of his view on systemic racism.

Day was a regular panelist on those political panel shows on the CBC and CTV until he dared to disagree with the narrative that Canada was systemically racist. He was dropped immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. That Canada is a 'shithole'?  No they are not.  My son just started coming home saying "we live in CANADA" and "CANADA is beautiful" so when do they start the "Shithole curriculum" ?  

Sounds like he's too young for that yet. He's just about ready to be taught that he might consider being a girl instead of a boy. Doubt he's being given any history lessons yet. Though I'm sure he's already being taught the sacred canticle of diversity, equity and inclusiveness. 

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. You are seriously suggesting that a professional journalist, at one of Canada's largest newspapers, with a following was "duped" by believing online comments ?  I was born, but not yesterday.  No benefit of the doubt for that, it's too far out there.

How is it you, who disparage the professionalism of this newspaper will at the same time insist that only the most professional of journalists with the best work ethics would be hired there?

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's an unauthorized protest.  A one-off protest that was forgotten a few days later. It's not an established organ of the press publishing utter bullshit like "Muslims were sacrificing goats in the hotel rooms" for thousands to believe.

Or, it's an indication of how our society is degenerating on the one hand, because you know she was hardly alone in her anti-Canadian beliefs, which are taught in every school in Canada on the one hand, and a lazy journalist in Canada's third rate news media on the other.

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

5. I very much enjoy Canada's culture and not just the multiculturalism.  I like how we get along.  

Well, being subservient, and deferring to others in all things is one way of getting along. Is that what you think of as Canada's culture?

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

6. Well, you can DISAGREE with that.  I respect that someone would disagree with it.  But the fact that someone protested is not a concern to me.  I don't think anything will come out of the protest anyway.

I didn't think anything would come of the insane idea we should change the name of our national holiday from Dominion day to the totally bland "Canada Day" either, but it was done in the small hours of the night when no one was paying attention and here we are.

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

7. Well you are bringing another thing to be concerned about.  I am also concerned about our education system, but not the wokeness part

The wokeness part is the divisive part. I thought you were concerned about divisiveness.

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

as much (just a little concerned about that) as the general mismanagement and the lack of defense against trolls.  Also the war footing to the strong majority of parents who are anti-troll is not a good thing.  See we agree on something.

And not the poor quality of the education being given to children?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

1. Sounds like he's too young for that yet. He's just about ready to be taught that he might consider being a girl ... 

2. How is it you, who disparage the professionalism of this newspaper will at the same time insist that only the most professional of journalists with the best work ethics would be hired there?

3. ... she was hardly alone in her anti-Canadian beliefs, which are taught in every school in Canada on the one hand...

4. I didn't think anything would come of the insane idea we should change the name of our national holiday from Dominion day to the totally bland "Canada Day" either, but it was done in the small hours of the night when no one was paying attention and here we are.

5. The wokeness part is the divisive part. I thought you were concerned about divisiveness.

6. And not the poor quality of the education being given to children?

1. Ha ha... no.  Hyperbole and overreaction aren't really traits of conservative people, in normal times fyi.  He's being taught to be polite, yes, and that's something that all the parents around here seem to value - especially the facet of politeness called inclusiveness. 

It's ok that you're against it though - feel free to put your hand up and suggest we teach 'non-inclusiveness' at the next parent council.  After your suggestion is dismissed you can ask again... in one year.  Kind of like the parents who wants us to teach the Bible, or Koran.  You get your turn to ask for something that nobody wants.  We let people will all opinions talk because we value inclusiveness.   (If you want to talk against trans rights, or say something racist you don't get talk - partly because the school board doesn't have the power to change the human rights code, and partly because it goes against our values - which are a starting point).  But being against "inclusion" as a concept is probably fair game.

2. I guess you're saying how dare I be upset with a newspaper that is known to hire complete 1d1ots, and how should I be surprised at how stup1d they are and what they publish?  Ok, to be honest I never considered that.  I suppose it does make more sense that a corrupt institution with bad management, selfish values and rampant stup1dity would behave in such away, ie. "publish lies" vs "lie to people" directly.  So, yes, I sincerely concede your point.  I will try to think of the Sun as a "sh1t show" and not an institution that purposely spreads evil.

3. I think that your bias here is anti-inclusivity, which is anti-Canadian in itself... with due respect.  Canada, unlike the US, included the French and natives after it separated from the US (unwillingly) in the former British North America.  I see healthy self-criticism in the form of playing with song lyrics, and the overall journey of inclusion as being very Canadian and part of our DNA.  We have to chalk this one up as a difference in values between us, I think.

4. Oh... so you DO want inclusiveness ... of the British though....interesting.

5. Wokeness is a personal value.  Taking whatever your wokeness is to the collective and engaging in dialogue in a healthy progress should foster empathy and understanding.  That's what I am in favour of - getting along as @August1991 says.  Even your call to reverse 250 years of tradition and reject inclusiveness is not something I would call divisive, unless you engage in the arrogant habits of insults, disrespect, name-calling and so on.  

You don't see me saying it much on here, but on other boards I speak out against the strident exclusiveness of certain woke types.  That doesn't mean wokeness itself is divisiveness, any more than libertarianism or any other ideology that respects all players is.

6. Pretty hard to assert this objectively.  Certainly my parents' generation decried the decline of youth via rockNroll.  I have a pretty close view of the education system and I stand by my own issues with it.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ha ha... no.  Hyperbole and overreaction aren't really traits of conservative people, in normal times fyi. 

Neither is wokeness, fyi.

And in a society that feels there's nothing wrong with 'drag camps' for seven-year-olds, and having perverts in womens clothes proselytize their lifestyle to children even younger than that I don't consider anything I've said to be hyperbole.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

 partly because the school board doesn't have the power to change the human rights code, and partly because it goes against our values - which are a starting point). 

I'm pretty sure your values are not the same as mine.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. I guess you're saying how dare I be upset with a newspaper that is known to hire complete 1d1ots, and how should I be surprised at how stup1d they are and what they publish?  Ok, to be honest I never considered that.  I suppose it does make more sense that a corrupt institution with bad management, selfish values and rampant stup1dity would behave in such away, ie. "publish lies" vs "lie to people" directly.  So, yes, I sincerely concede your point.  I will try to think of the Sun as a "sh1t show" and not an institution that purposely spreads evil.

As I said, you're obsessed. One columnist posts a piece with unverified information about goats being cooked one time and you're still grinding your teeth about it five years later. Tell me, if you had your choice would the columnist be imprisoned? 

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. I think that your bias here is anti-inclusivity, which is anti-Canadian in itself... with due respect.  Canada, unlike the US, included the French and natives after it separated from the US

Canada has always been two nations. The French kept pretty much to themselves, as did the English. This has not changed. There is little to no Canadian sentiment among Quebec Francophones, who rarely visit here. Quebec stays for the money and no other reason. Natives were even more invisible for most of our history, and utterly without power. Suggesting we included them is a laughable misstatement of history.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

.  We have to chalk this one up as a difference in values between us, I think.

Or the difference between patriotism and wokism.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

4. Oh... so you DO want inclusiveness ... of the British though....interesting.

All this demonstrates is that like most progressives you have nothing but disdain for Canada's heritage, history and institutions, and are eager to be shed of them to embrace some kind of utopian vision of world unity.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, I am Groot said:

1. perverts in womens clothes proselytize their lifestyle to children  ...

2. ... you're still grinding your teeth about it five years later.

3. Tell me, if you had your choice would the columnist be imprisoned? 

4. Suggesting we included them is a laughable misstatement of history.

5. All this demonstrates is that like most progressives you have nothing but disdain for Canada's heritage, history and institutions, and are eager to be shed of them to embrace some kind of utopian vision of world unity.

 

1. Cite ?
2. You got me to concede, man.  Don't be a sore winner.
3. Of course not.  I wouldn't even have her imprisoned for being a populist Lesbian.
4. The British tolerance of Quebec was an outrage to many Americans.  Them 'keeping to themselves' was a result of the inclusion I think.
5. You already asked me that ridiculous question and I guess you didn't like the answer because you made up your own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Cite ?

https://www.city-journal.org/the-real-story-behind-drag-queen-story-hour

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. You got me to concede, man.  Don't be a sore winner.

I don't recall a concession, and you keep spitting out anger over this.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

4. The British tolerance of Quebec was an outrage to many Americans. 

You have a cite on that? I don't recall the Americans ever giving a shit about Quebec.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Them 'keeping to themselves' was a result of the inclusion I think.

Them keeping to themselves was more like the English never much liked them and they never much liked the English and still don't.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:


5. You already asked me that ridiculous question and I guess you didn't like the answer because you made up your own.

All I know of you, or think I know of you is based on what you write.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

1. https://www.city-journal.org/the-real-story-behind-drag-queen-story-hour

2. I don't recall a concession, and you keep spitting out anger over this.

3. You have a cite on that? I don't recall the Americans ever giving a shit about Quebec.

Them keeping to themselves was more like the English never much liked them and they never much liked the English and still don't.

4. All I know of you, or think I know of you is based on what you write.

1. Is there a TLDR version that tells me that these are perverts?

2. No, I conceded above. I'm not angry just disgusted.

3. British tolerance towards Quebec is  cited as one of the triggers for the American revolution. I've heard this a few times my casual readings on the topic.

"Britain’s 1774 implementation of the Quebec Act is often recognized as a source of increased American resentment towards British rule in North America."

https://ushistoryscene.com/article/quebec-act/#:~:text=Britain's 1774 implementation of the,spur American colonists towards independence.

4. Clearly not.  You asked me if I find Canada disgusting or somesuch.  I said of course not.  Then you said I have disdain for Canada. 

I really don't understand why you argue that way. It's pretty arrogant to put yourself as the judge of other people's opinions when you're trying to discuss with them.  Don't you think that I'm engaging you fairly in this exchange? If so, why are you mischaracterizing me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Is there a TLDR version that tells me that these are perverts?

I concede it is long, but if you were actually interested in it you could, like I did, skim through much of it to get to the more relevant paragraphs. But you can't really see it in just a couple of brief paragraphs.

Kornstein also published the manifesto for the movement, “Drag Pedagogy: The Playful Practice of Queer Imagination in Early Childhood,” with coauthor Harper Keenan, a female-to-male transgender queer theorist at the University of British Columbia. With citations to Foucault and Butler, the essay begins by applying queer theory’s basic premise of social constructivism and heteronormativity to the education system. “The professional vision of educators is often shaped to reproduce the state’s normative vision of its ideal citizenry. In effect, schooling functions as a way to straighten the child into a kind of captive alignment with the current parameters of that vision,” Kornstein and Keenan write. “To state it plainly, within the historical context of the USA and Western Europe, the institutional management of gender has been used as a way of maintaining racist and capitalist modes of (re)production.”

To disrupt this dynamic, the authors propose a new teaching method, “drag pedagogy,” as a way of stimulating the “queer imagination,” teaching kids “how to live queerly,” and “bringing queer ways of knowing and being into the education of young children.” As Kornstein and Keenan explain, this is an intellectual and political project that requires drag queens and activists to work toward undermining traditional notions of sexuality, replacing the biological family with the ideological family, and arousing transgressive sexual desires in young children. “Building in part from queer theory and trans studies, queer and trans pedagogies seek to actively destabilize the normative function of schooling through transformative education,” they write. “This is a fundamentally different orientation than movements towards the inclusion or assimilation of LGBT people into the existing structures of school and society.”

For the drag pedagogists, the traditional life path—growing up, getting married, working 40 hours a week, and raising a family—is an oppressive bourgeois norm that must be deconstructed and subverted. As the drag queens take the stage in their sexually suggestive costumes, Kornstein and Keenan argue, their task is to disrupt the “binary between womanhood and manhood,” seed the room with “gender-transgressive themes,” and break the “reproductive futurity” of the “nuclear family” and the “sexually monogamous marriage”—all of which are considered mechanisms of heterosexual, capitalist oppression. The books selected in many Drag Queen Story Hour performances—Cinderelliot, If You’re a Drag Queen and You Know It, The Gender Wheel, Bye Bye, Binary, and They, She, He, Easy as ABC—promote this basic narrative. Though Drag Queen Story Hour events are often billed as “family-friendly,” Kornstein and Keenan explain that this is a form of code: “It may be that DQSH is ‘family friendly,’ in the sense that it is accessible and inviting to families with children, but it is less a sanitizing force than it is a preparatory introduction to alternate modes of kinship. Here, DQSH is ‘family friendly’ in the sense of ‘family’ as an old-school queer code to identify and connect with other queers on the street.” That is, the goal is not to reinforce the biological family but to facilitate the child’s transition into the ideological family.

After the norms of gender, sexuality, marriage, and family are called into question, the drag queen can begin replacing this system of values with “queer ways of knowing and being.” Kornstein and Keenan make no bones about it: the purpose of what they call drag pedagogy, or the “pedagogy of desire,” is about reformulating children’s relationship with sex, sexuality, and eroticism. They describe drag as a “site of queer pleasure” that promises to “turn rejection into desire” and “[transform] the labour of performance into the pleasure of participation,” and DQSH as offering a “queer relationality” between adult and child. They litter their paper with sexualized language and double entendres, blurring the lines between adult sexuality and childhood innocence. In fact, as the queer pedagogist Hannah Dyer has written, queer pedagogy and, by extension, drag pedagogy seek to expose the very concept of “childhood innocence” as an oppressive heteropatriarchal illusion. “

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

"Britain’s 1774 implementation of the Quebec Act is often recognized as a source of increased American resentment towards British rule in North America."

From your cite it had nothing to do with British tolerence. It had to do with British control.

It was the fear of Parliamentary supremacy that made the Quebec Act a lightning rod for colonial anger. The Quebec Act proved to American colonists what they already believed—the British were not afraid to restrict colonial governments

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

4. Clearly not.  You asked me if I find Canada disgusting or somesuch.  I said of course not.  Then you said I have disdain for Canada. 

To be more accurate I said you had disdain for Canada's history, heritage and traditions.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I really don't understand why you argue that way. It's pretty arrogant to put yourself as the judge of other people's opinions when you're trying to discuss with them.  Don't you think that I'm engaging you fairly in this exchange? If so, why are you mischaracterizing me?

That's kind of funny because I've often thought what you type is pretty arrogant too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Day was a regular panelist on those political panel shows on the CBC and CTV until he dared to disagree with the narrative that Canada was systemically racist. He was dropped immediately.

I'd have to see some evidence of that. Though even then, I don't know if we can say he's been cancelled if he was working in other fields after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

1. I concede it is long, 

2. From your cite it had nothing to do with British tolerence. It had to do with British control.

3. To be more accurate I said you had disdain for Canada's history, heritage and traditions.

4. That's kind of funny because I've often thought what you type is pretty arrogant too.

1. I did read all of the excerpt you posted.  I assume they are going to connect these schools of thought to all drag shows and drag shows for children at some point.  It's just tenuous to do that. It's not honest to say that drag shows are intended to promote perversion, based on that.  If you follow that guilt-by-association method of breaking down influence, anything can be said to be anything.

2. Right - I stand corrected.  It was British control they resented. That said, the point about British inclusion is addressed here.

3. Ok, but again you are mischaracterizing me.  I think I have at least shown that I connect our current appetite for social cohesion to our past.

4. And yet I don't assume I'm better than you, or that you can be pigeonholed as being against Canada on some level because I don't subscribe to the same attitudes as you.  I respect people enough to engage with them, as long as they don't troll.  

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I concede it is long, but if you were actually interested in it you could, like I did, skim through much of it to get to the more relevant paragraphs. But you can't really see it in just a couple of brief paragraphs.

Kornstein also published the manifesto for the movement, “Drag Pedagogy: The Playful Practice of Queer Imagination in Early Childhood,” with coauthor Harper Keenan, a female-to-male transgender queer theorist at the University of British Columbia. With citations to Foucault and Butler, the essay begins by applying queer theory’s basic premise of social constructivism and heteronormativity to the education system. “The professional vision of educators is often shaped to reproduce the state’s normative vision of its ideal citizenry. In effect, schooling functions as a way to straighten the child into a kind of captive alignment with the current parameters of that vision,” Kornstein and Keenan write. “To state it plainly, within the historical context of the USA and Western Europe, the institutional management of gender has been used as a way of maintaining racist and capitalist modes of (re)production.”

To disrupt this dynamic, the authors propose a new teaching method, “drag pedagogy,” as a way of stimulating the “queer imagination,” teaching kids “how to live queerly,” and “bringing queer ways of knowing and being into the education of young children.” As Kornstein and Keenan explain, this is an intellectual and political project that requires drag queens and activists to work toward undermining traditional notions of sexuality, replacing the biological family with the ideological family, and arousing transgressive sexual desires in young children. “Building in part from queer theory and trans studies, queer and trans pedagogies seek to actively destabilize the normative function of schooling through transformative education,” they write. “This is a fundamentally different orientation than movements towards the inclusion or assimilation of LGBT people into the existing structures of school and society.”

For the drag pedagogists, the traditional life path—growing up, getting married, working 40 hours a week, and raising a family—is an oppressive bourgeois norm that must be deconstructed and subverted. As the drag queens take the stage in their sexually suggestive costumes, Kornstein and Keenan argue, their task is to disrupt the “binary between womanhood and manhood,” seed the room with “gender-transgressive themes,” and break the “reproductive futurity” of the “nuclear family” and the “sexually monogamous marriage”—all of which are considered mechanisms of heterosexual, capitalist oppression. The books selected in many Drag Queen Story Hour performances—Cinderelliot, If You’re a Drag Queen and You Know It, The Gender Wheel, Bye Bye, Binary, and They, She, He, Easy as ABC—promote this basic narrative. Though Drag Queen Story Hour events are often billed as “family-friendly,” Kornstein and Keenan explain that this is a form of code: “It may be that DQSH is ‘family friendly,’ in the sense that it is accessible and inviting to families with children, but it is less a sanitizing force than it is a preparatory introduction to alternate modes of kinship. Here, DQSH is ‘family friendly’ in the sense of ‘family’ as an old-school queer code to identify and connect with other queers on the street.” That is, the goal is not to reinforce the biological family but to facilitate the child’s transition into the ideological family.

After the norms of gender, sexuality, marriage, and family are called into question, the drag queen can begin replacing this system of values with “queer ways of knowing and being.” Kornstein and Keenan make no bones about it: the purpose of what they call drag pedagogy, or the “pedagogy of desire,” is about reformulating children’s relationship with sex, sexuality, and eroticism. They describe drag as a “site of queer pleasure” that promises to “turn rejection into desire” and “[transform] the labour of performance into the pleasure of participation,” and DQSH as offering a “queer relationality” between adult and child. They litter their paper with sexualized language and double entendres, blurring the lines between adult sexuality and childhood innocence. In fact, as the queer pedagogist Hannah Dyer has written, queer pedagogy and, by extension, drag pedagogy seek to expose the very concept of “childhood innocence” as an oppressive heteropatriarchal illusion. “

From your cite it had nothing to do with British tolerence. It had to do with British control.

It was the fear of Parliamentary supremacy that made the Quebec Act a lightning rod for colonial anger. The Quebec Act proved to American colonists what they already believed—the British were not afraid to restrict colonial governments

To be more accurate I said you had disdain for Canada's history, heritage and traditions.

That's kind of funny because I've often thought what you type is pretty arrogant too.

Well done to illustrate that Drag Queen Story Hour has an agenda that’s been articulated by the LGBTQ2+ intelligentsia, and it is radical, Marxist, anti-family, developmentally inappropriate, and pedopheliac:

As Kornstein and Keenan explain, this is an intellectual and political project that requires drag queens and activists to work toward undermining traditional notions of sexuality, replacing the biological family with the ideological family, and arousing transgressive sexual desires in young children. “Building in part from queer theory and trans studies, queer and trans pedagogies seek to actively destabilize the normative function of schooling through transformative education,” they write. 

They litter their paper with sexualized language and double entendres, blurring the lines between adult sexuality and childhood innocence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How absurd can cancel culture get? Well, the UK is becoming the home of cancel culture, which includes canceling ones own native culture and sneering at its values and heritage in favor of a groveling and fawning attitude toward others. And no one, I think, does this better than the British.

https://catholicherald.co.uk/oxford-college-ditches-st-georges-day-dinner-and-will-celebrate-eid-instead/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

How absurd can cancel culture get? Well, the UK is becoming the home of cancel culture, which includes canceling ones own native culture and sneering at its values and heritage in favor of a groveling and fawning attitude toward others. And no one, I think, does this better than the British.

https://catholicherald.co.uk/oxford-college-ditches-st-georges-day-dinner-and-will-celebrate-eid-instead/

Yeah, my country isn't well.  I will celebrate St. George's day as I always do, by wishing my family a Happy St. George's Day.

And it is Oxford, after all.  I'm a Cambridge man. 

They'll be just all pissed off about the boat race.

Edited by bcsapper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another example of cancel culture. This one the determination of what I can only guess is some kind of spurned 'friendzone' guy to get revenge against an attractive woman who rejected him by smearing her as a white supremacist.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jamie-sarkonak-the-revenge-of-caylan-ford-after-hit-job-ended-her-political-career

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Another example of cancel culture. This one the determination of what I can only guess is some kind of spurned 'friendzone' guy to get revenge against an attractive woman who rejected him by smearing her as a white supremacist.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jamie-sarkonak-the-revenge-of-caylan-ford-after-hit-job-ended-her-political-career

I don’t think people should be allowed to share private texts with media unless they are clear evidence of criminal intent.  Even then, such information should have a high standard of justification for admissibility in court and the court of public opinion, as people can be manipulated to say things and much can be taken out of context. Organizations like the CBC and TorStar are doing more political smearing than ever before and it’s always left-biased.  This is why people should be highly critical of attacks on character, because they can and do destroy people’s careers.  The Star was all set to do an expose on John Tory, which he headed off by resigning.  These are low, backstabbing types, much like Bragg in the indictment of Trump.  They’ll do anything to further themselves and their pet causes.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't come much better than this.

A candidate for school superintendent won and was offered the position. Then had it rescinded. Why?

Easthampton is rallying around a superintendent finalist who said his offer to lead the city’s public schools was rescinded after he referred to women as “ladies” in an email — an act some school committee members reportedly viewed as a microaggression. 

https://www.boston.com/news/schools/2023/04/04/easthampton-school-committee-rescind-superintendent-candidate-offer-ladies/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm going to quote more of this than I usually do because I doubt many of you can read it otherwise since it's for special, superior people like me only.

Author of the article:

Michael Shellenberger

 

By contrast, we have seen a wave of transgender rights activists attacking women for ideological reasons. Consider recent events. In New Zealand on March 25, a mob of angry trans activists assaulted a British women’s rights advocate, Kellie-Jay Keen, at a “Let Women Speak” rally. In Nashville on March 28, a trans male killed three adults and three children at a Christian school. Last December, a group of women in Oakland protested the potential placement into a women’s prison of a self-identified trans woman who had murdered a lesbian couple and their son. They were assaulted with a bicycle, an umbrella, eggs, and pies.

And on April 6, a mob of trans activists trapped women’s collegiate swimming champion Riley Gaines in a room for three hours, and somebody punched her in the face. On Instagram, trans student activists denied that Gaines was trapped or anyone hit her. “Nobody put a finger on you white girl,” posted a black trans youth. But Gaines told us she was hit by “a man wearing a dress.”

The trans activists at San Francisco State University were similar to other fanatics. They are true believers, like Christian Puritans who persecuted women as supposed witches in colonial American history. They are like the Maoist students of the Cultural Revolution in China, taking control of physical spaces and intimidating the university administrators, who become too cowardly to take control. They are intoxicated by their feeling of power and in that sense, hedonistic.

Trans ideology is a sect of the broader woke theology that denies the biological sexes’ fundamental reality. On Friday, a trans activist student at San Francisco State University acknowledged that biological men could not currently give birth but told us that doctors were developing ways to transplant a uterus. Even if such a surgery succeeds, the fact that a man would need such drastic medical intervention to do what a woman can do naturally indicates the basic reality that a trans woman is not the same as a biological woman. And yet prominent scientists today continue to engage in sex denialism.

Many detransitioners say transgenderism is a cult. Like other cults, it appeals to lonely, alienated, and socially isolated people. About one-third of trans children treated by the UK’s Tavistock hospital gender clinic had severe autistic or other neurodivergent traits. And, noted Leor Sapir of the Manhattan Institute, “When (autism spectrum kids) come out as trans, they are often ‘love bombed.’ Overnight, students and teachers fawn over them. If I were autistic, I would probably declare myself trans.”

Trans people and their allies believe that trans people are essentially victims, despite the widespread celebration of trans identity by the media, including celebrity Jazz Jennings, who transitioned from a young boy into a girl. The Denver trans shooter said he felt victimized for being trans, and the would-be Kavanaugh assassin advocated mandatory abortions in order to eliminate the human race.

In a letter to San Francisco State University administrators, the trans activists stated that allowing Riley Gaines to speak on campus was “a direct threat to the safety of transgender individuals in our community.”

Victimhood or grievance ideology may have played a role in the motivation of the trans killer in Nashville. Afterward, organizers of a “Trans Day of Vengeance” canceled their protest. Even if the killer was not motivated by extreme language, it is notable that the victimhood ideology, which imagines that one is a victim of broader forces, is frequently used to justify killings, including political killings and mass killings. That tendency includes all stripes of perceived victimhood, not just trans victimhood, but we’re seeing its latest iteration in America’s gender battles.

Said Keen, “I think it’s a cult because it’s not true, and it’s dogmatic. You can’t even say that you don’t think a man who’s repeatedly raped women shouldn’t go to a women’s prison. You can’t disagree with any part of it. That’s how cults operate. And it isolates people. It tries to separate people from their friends and their family. It tells kids that they hate them if the adults don’t go along with it.”

Most cases of trans violence are by biological males/trans females. Psychologists say their reaction to women’s rights campaigners comes from deep within their psychology. Psychologist Ray Blanchard argued that many if not most trans women have autogynephilia, which is sexual arousal at the thought of being a woman.

“Some autogynephilic men never develop gender dysphoria,” Blanchard said in an interview. “Their activities are always limited to periods of high sexual excitement, masturbation, and cross-gender fantasies while they’re having intercourse with an actual, real woman. And for some of these guys, it never progresses beyond that. For others, it gradually gives rise to gender dysphoria in the same way that for some people, one kind of cold can give rise to pneumonia. So you can see gender dysphoria as a kind of complication of autogynephilia in some cases.”

Lia Thomas, the biological male who took Gaines’ trophy, is attracted to and has sex with women, and is an exhibitionist who paraded around in the women’s locker room naked. This motivated Gaines to defend her fellow women swimmers.

When women’s rights campaigners like Gaines, Keen, or J.K. Rowling say that trans women are not the same as natal women, and should not be allowed in women’s sports or women’s bathrooms, men with autogynephilia become enraged, aggressive, and violent at the rejection of their fantasy. “It’s frustration, envy, and resentment,” Blanchard said. “I mean, their dearest hope in life would be to be accepted by women as a woman.”

The story Gaines describes is of the cowardice of adults in failing to protect vulnerable women from a predatory and narcissistic man. “They lost their freedom of speech,” said Gaines of her fellow female swimmers. “Sixteen girls sent an email to their administration along with their parents. Their administration responded back with, ‘If you feel uncomfortable seeing male genitalia in your locker room, here are some counseling resources that you should seek.’ They were emotionally blackmailed, and they were terrified.”

Nobody in a position of authority defended either Riley Gaines or Kellie-Jay Keen from the trans activists. In San Francisco and New Zealand, law enforcement did not properly defend the women, nor did politicians urge restraint. The major news media, California Gov. Gavin Newsom, and representatives of the Biden administration have done the opposite. “They are fierce, they fight back, they’re not going anywhere, and we have their back,” said Biden spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre, about trans activists after the trans shooter killed six people in Nashville.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/michael-shellenberger-why-trans-activists-attack-women-beware-false-claims-of-genocide

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2023 at 3:35 PM, Perspektiv said:

There is a growing distrust of the news for a reason.

The biggest reason being that the politicians and spokespeople that media tries to get answers from are often evasive and misleading.

That's not the media's fault but they seem to get the blame.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Some individuals have been targeted unfairly and lost their jobs in schools and universities over ‘cancel culture’ and I would oppose that. However, a lot of the complaining about this phenomenon seems overdone. For example, if you’re a politician, comedian or a writer, people are under no obligation to like your opinions. Paying too much attention to what various maniacs say on the likes of Twitter is also clearly foolish. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Isn’t the Bud Light boycott a perfect example of “cancel culture”?

Yes, perfect.  "I don't like this" therefore cancel.  It's gone beyond "this is morally wrong" - no - it consumerizes *moral choices.

"I don't like that you employ trans people" therefore boycott.
"I don't like your mascot" therefore boycott - NOT "i don't buy it" but NOBODY should buy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Isn’t the Bud Light boycott a perfect example of “cancel culture”?

Basically. Conservatives can't whine about cancel culture when they use it themselves.

You're in your right to avoid a brand. But trying to document your creating a movement to get others to as well,  is precisely what many complain the left is doing.

Having a histrionic fit to boot, is pathetic.

The positive from all of this, is that this proves to the left that cancel culture exists.

Those who deny its existence, can't whine about the pathetic boycott of Bud Light o_O

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,750
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...