Sexual Orientation and the Canadian Voter

IMO all gays would want to admit their lifestyle in a hope of as high numbers as possible on the results to further legitimize their need for government attention.

I forgot that's page 17 of the Gay Agenda. :rolleyes: This may come as a bit of a shock to you, but there's no gay hive mind that issues orders to all gays dictating how to act, dress and answer Stats Can surveys.

No duh, but I am thinking of all the persecution and mistreatment they have had. Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to me that the issue of being gay is important to a gay person, therefore they want it to be recognized and if they get a chance to say so in a survey, just maybe :blink: they will.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time of Kinsey, it was reported that 4% of males were homosexual and that 30% were latent homosexuals. Studies in America since then have put the number at 1% and I don't think there is such a category as latent homosexuals: just that a lot of people will get their "jollies" any way they can.

It was considered at that time that females could not be homosexual. An old friend of mine wrote the first daring television documentary of female homosexuality for CBC to great shock among the people. I was talking to him today and it was mentioned but not discussed since neither of us considers it a subject worthy of the time any more.

At the time of Kinsey, it was reported that 4% of males were homosexual and that 30% were latent homosexuals. Studies in America since then have put the number at 1% and I don't think there is such a category as latent homosexuals: just that a lot of people will get their "jollies" any way they can.

It was considered at that time that females could not be homosexual. An old friend of mine wrote the first daring television documentary of female homosexuality for CBC to great shock among the people. I was talking to him today and it was mentioned but not discussed since neither of us considers it a subject worthy of the time any more.

tell us about the time you had tea with the Queen Mother.

It seems everyone but gay men are falling for Angelina...

Straight men and women, bisexual women and lesbians are all jumping on the Jolie express.

Why is it Madonna managed to draw the gay crowd more than AJ?

Maybe StatsCanada could investigate!

I didn't overlook the link on the first post, one might miss the point of the thread without reading the first post :) I've actually been referred to the article months ago.

And I was gonna present a few links to stats by advertizing companies as a counterargument... but I'm gonna join with August and kimmy in putting it to rest.

Bah! LMAO.

So is "the first daring television documentary of female homosexuality" an official title? Did it win the first Juno ever awarded in that category?

btw, there really was *NO* reason to state the obvious fact that it was for the CBC. :lol:

An old friend of mine wrote the first daring television documentary of female homosexuality for CBC to great shock among the people.

tell us about the time you had tea with the Queen Mother.

It was considered at that time that females could not be homosexual.

People used to think it was impossible? Wow-- talk about a 180 change... now the average guy on the street thinks that most women are just a drink or two away from giving it a try.

An old friend of mine wrote the first daring television documentary of female homosexuality for CBC to great shock among the people. I was talking to him today and it was mentioned but not discussed since neither of us considers it a subject worthy of the time any more.

Yeah, I remember when CBC used to show reruns of "Kate & Allie" before supper. I'm not sure I'd call it a documentary, though. :)

-k

An interesting survey conducted in 2004 and covering a wide range of issues showed that only 1% of Canadians consider themselves to be gay.  This is surprising since gay activism has always held that 10% of the population is gay at least.

The published literature in fact suggests that both are correct to some extent. The problem is one of definition. If one defines gay as being exclusively homosexual in one's behaviour, the figure is closer to 1% though it ranges up to 5% in some studies. If one defines it as having engaged in homosexual behaviour at some point, then it's at least 10%.

Kinsey's figures are skewed if not biased towards the very high end but he devised a scale which has proved useful to researchers, i.e., the Kinsey Homosexual Rating Scale. The scale scores are as follows:

0=exclusively heterosexual

1=primarily heterosexual

2=between 1 and 3

3=bisexual

4=between 3 and 5

5=primarily homosexual

6=exclusively homosexual

So if someone does a survey, how they define homosexual will make a difference to the outcome. If you define homosexuals as exclusively homosexual, you'll get a lower percentage then if you define them as being those with a score of 4, 5 or 6.

In any event, I have far more confidence in what the percentage is based on research performed by experts in the field of sex research than I do in research performed by StatsCan. StatsCan has no knowledge of the nuances of behavioural research, e.g., many homosexuals won't label themselves as such despite their behaviour being exclusively homosexual. Behavioural scientists collect as much data on sexual orientation, identity and behaviour, as possible to get the complete picture.

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to me that the issue of being gay is important to a gay person, therefore they want it to be recognized and if they get a chance to say so in a survey, just maybe  they will.

Gay folks, like everyone else, are individuals. Some are completely apolitical, some may see their sexuality as being more central to their identity than others. Some may even be in denial about the whole thing. So there's no way you ascribe an entire group the same motivations.

StatsCan, probably does have the expertise you claim they lack. That was never the goal of their research. They asked people to self-identify, in an absolutely confidentail manner. i.e. no fear of reprisal.

There have been many studies since Kinsey to stand on either side.

Any particular support normie or are you just ranting again?

In any event, I have far more confidence in what the percentage is based on  research performed by experts in the field of sex research than I do in research performed by StatsCan. StatsCan has no knowledge of the nuances of behavioural research, e.g., many homosexuals won't label themselves as such despite their behaviour being exclusively homosexual. Behavioural scientists collect as much data on sexual orientation, identity and behaviour, as possible to get the complete picture.

I would think, CC that some would be interested to hear the comment of someone who had reason to know far more about this than any posting here .

The point of this is the sea change in public thinking about every angle to our perceptions.

There have been many studies since Kinsey to stand on either side.

Any particular support normie?

You've stepped in it once again. :) Of course there have been numerous studies to support the whole range of figures since the Kinsey study and I provided the link yesterday at 8:53 am...not the Calgary link but the other one.

And if you were to actually read Kinsey's book on male sexual behaviour, as I have, you might actually acquire some knowledge of the issues involved in studying sexual orientation.

You wrote-

This is a matter of how you view SSM and it's divisive nature to destroy existing beliefs associated with Christianity, morals and the teachings of two completely different lifestyles, one adhering to traditonal heterosexuals, the one all of society is based on.

The other homosexuality bears no resemblence and conflicts with Christianity, morals and perverse sexual relationship that could include the raising of children affecting beliefs and teachings of children raised by heterosexuals.

I don't believe there is any discrimination involved at all in this matter as this is not against the individual homosexual but about their conflicting lifestyle imposed on the majority.

Okay, for starters, who cares what so-called christians think about homosexuality? Last I checked there was a separation between church and state. I don't want people who call themselves christian just so they can be self-righteous dictating how our society should be shaped.

Secondly, since when does homosexuality result in raising children? Last I checked, that still didn't compute biologically. I think that not allowing SSM might force gay people into heterosexual marriages (it certainly has in the past), therefore resulting (omigod) in gay people raising kids.

And lastly, don't worry leafless, nobody's forcing their lifestyle on you. You won't need to marry someone of your own sex. You'll just have to learn to MYOB.