Jump to content

Putin: Another Napoleon, Hitler? Another Thirty Years War?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I'm still thinking it wasn't really a true 'coup' attempt. 

I don't think it was either. If it was, then he was hoping many in Russia would join his movement.

If so, it would explain his rapid about face, when he saw Putin loyalists weren't willing to risk death, over this guy.

Defying a well protected Putin, makes you a marked man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whether it was a real coup or not, I think the Russian people are tired of this stalemate and want it to end. Loss is not an option, so Russia needs to finish this decisively. 

Interestingly enough, I think Zelinsky and NATO see this and are now preparing to hold peace talks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Yeah man, more dysfunction in the Russian military and political systems is totally convincing the Ukrainians that they’re in trouble.      ?

No...hundreds of thousands of Russian military personnel waiting to attack in earnest and finish this fiasco, is what's got Ukraine and NATO talking about terms for peace. Now they'll have to face Putin to see what he'll accept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nationalist said:

No...hundreds of thousands of Russian military personnel waiting to attack in earnest and finish this fiasco, is what's got Ukraine and NATO talking about terms for peace.

Because those same hundreds of thousands weren't trying "in earnest" before that, I guess?  They were just playing around, losing all their tanks and stuff, but not being serious. ?

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Because those same hundreds of thousands weren't trying "in earnest" before that, I guess?  They were just playing around, losing all their tanks and stuff, but not being serious. ?

 

 

 

Why do you think that Prigozhin was pissed off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Why do you think that Prigozhin was pissed off?

Many reasons, including:

-His troops were being under-supplied and used as cannon-fodder

-The MoD was utterly incompetent and that they were trying to cut Wagner out and shut him down

-That Putin was lying to the Russian people (Prigozhin's words) and that the war was launched under false pretenses (which everyone but Tucker Carlson and mind-warped clowns like you already knew).  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Many reasons, including:

-His troops were being under-supplied and used as cannon-fodder

Under supplied...yes I heard that one. Not too sure about the cannon fodder story though.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

-The MoD was utterly incompetent and that they were trying to cut Wagner out and shut him down

They may have been trying to cut Wagner out...that isn't clear. Not so sure about the incompetence bit though.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

-That Putin was lying to the Russian people (Prigozhin's words) and that the war was launched under false pretenses (which everyone but Tucker Carlson and mind-warped clowns like you already knew).  

Care to show me these lies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Under supplied...yes I heard that one. Not too sure about the cannon fodder story though.

Well he said 20,000 Wagner soldiers died fighting for Bakhmut...

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

They may have been trying to cut Wagner out...that isn't clear. Not so sure about the incompetence bit though.

That's what he said.  As for incompetence, we can see how poorly the campaign has gone for what was expected to be a quick slam-dunk for Russia.  Now they're throwing 60 year old tanks into battle, because most of their newer stuff are scrap heaps.  

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Care to show me these lies?

Why don't you just list off the justifications for the war?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Well he said 20,000 Wagner soldiers died fighting for Bakhmut...

That's what he said.  As for incompetence, we can see how poorly the campaign has gone for what was expected to be a quick slam-dunk for Russia.  Now they're throwing 60 year old tanks into battle, because most of their newer stuff are scrap heaps.  

Why don't you just list off the justifications for the war?  

How many Ukes died in Bakhmut?

What we see, is the Russia has control of almost all the regions that want to be Russian.

LOL...so you can't show me any lies. OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

How many Ukes died in Bakhmut?

1/5th to 1/7th as many, according to estimates.  Advantage goes to the defender in urban fighting, by a long shot.  

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What we see, is the Russia has control of almost all the regions that want to be Russian.

Well, the people who refuse Russian passports get deported, so we really don't know who wants to be what, or where.  ?

As far as what Russia wants to control, vs what it does control, we only have to look at what Putin's declared he's annexed vs what he controls.  

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...so you can't show me any lies. OK.

Sure can, but it's easier to list what Putin isn't lying about, than what he is.  That you can take the guy seriously when 16 months in he's still calling it a "special military operation" is comical, but that's how your smooth brain works.  

Do you believe Ukraine was about to attack Russia?  The mere suggestion is retarded, but that's what Putin says and that's the garbage you're promoting here.   

It's understandable that censored Russian dupes don't get this in their own country, but for someone here to buy everything the man is saying so whole-heartedly is hilariously dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

1/5th to 1/7th as many, according to estimates.  Advantage goes to the defender in urban fighting, by a long shot.  

Well, the people who refuse Russian passports get deported, so we really don't know who wants to be what, or where.  ?

As far as what Russia wants to control, vs what it does control, we only have to look at what Putin's declared he's annexed vs what he controls.  

Sure can, but it's easier to list what Putin isn't lying about, than what he is.  That you can take the guy seriously when 16 months in he's still calling it a "special military operation" is comical, but that's how your smooth brain works.  

Do you believe Ukraine was about to attack Russia?  The mere suggestion is retarded, but that's what Putin says and that's the garbage you're promoting here.   

It's understandable that censored Russian dupes don't get this in their own country, but for someone here to buy everything the man is saying so whole-heartedly is hilariously dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.  

 

Well...for as dumb as you think reality is, the reality is Bakhmut was already taken by Russia in May. The Ukraine will probably try to take it back but...we will see.

Reports have been that Ukraine is already hitting border towns in Russia.

I believe what I see and what I find reasonable. You believe what you are told to believe. Meh...that's your choice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

i believe what I see and what I find reasonable. You believe what you are told to believe. Meh...that's your choice. 

You believe what you want to, and you warp your reality to fit your viewpoint.  That’s why you think Trump won the election.  That’s why you do whatever you can to rationalize Putin’s invasion, and that’s why you scrape the bottom of the internet for garbage like Redacted and Syrian/Iranian news outlets.  ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You believe what you want to, and you warp your reality to fit your viewpoint.  That’s why you think Trump won the election.  That’s why you do whatever you can to rationalize Putin’s invasion, and that’s why you scrape the bottom of the internet for garbage like Redacted and Syrian/Iranian news outlets.  ?

Lol...truth really bothers you I see. Good! It should bother mindless twits who's heads would rattle if you shook them.

It shows you have at least a little conscious. 

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Truth should bother me, says the deluded MAGA clown still convincing himself “TrUMp wON tHe ELectiOn”

Thanks for the laughs again!

What a joke. Can't argue the point...so you derail the exchange.

Oh well...

Rattle rattle rattle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do you figure I derailed here, exactly?  
 

You started talking about reality and truth, so that’s comical.  

I’m not the one dredging YouTube, Syrian, Iranian and Russian state media for anything I can find to support clownworld viewpoints.  I’m not the one still convinced that trump won the election.  ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

What do you figure I derailed here, exactly?  
 

You started talking about reality and truth, so that’s comical.  

I’m not the one dredging YouTube, Syrian, Iranian and Russian state media for anything I can find to support clownworld viewpoints.  I’m not the one still convinced that trump won the election.  ?

Well...your clown fetish is notable.

As for my choice of news, independent news is far more believable that the dumb drivel the Ukraine propaganda machine spoon feeds you. Here...this will turn you on...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/5/2023 at 1:25 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Another Napoleon? That’s such an absurd analogy on any level. For starters, he’s an utter neophyte, let’s say, on the battlefield and has done precisely zero to reform Russia or its legal system in a way that will be remembered fondly. 

It has always astonished me that the French regard Napoleon in a positive way. He was a psychopath.

The Germans properly understand Hitler and what happened.

=====

If Europeans have any hope, it is that Russians remember that they defeated both of these tyrants.

And the British remember that they always chose the minority side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you sleep for over two centuries of history? We have the international law now; rules-based order (had). One cannot just "go", invade and conquer other people's land. We were supposed to be past that.

Supposed, that was the word.

Or maybe, they can. It's the facts, the reality that matters not the words.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, August1991 said:

Napoleon in a positive way. He was a psychopath.

That's some serious psychiatry going here. Let's see:

Napoleon (nineteenth century; the age of empires), "a psychopath".

Putin: 21st century, post WWII the age of rules-based international law, is not. Only a czar, whatever. Same level of casualties, by the way. And counting, daily.

Now: who is a p- no let's spell it, psychopath-leaning here? Just give us your honest, objective opinion. The medical facts are on the plate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, August1991 said:

It has always astonished me that the French regard Napoleon in a positive way. He was a psychopath.

The Germans properly understand Hitler and what happened.

=====

If Europeans have any hope, it is that Russians remember that they defeated both of these tyrants.

And the British remember that they always chose the minority side. 

Yes, Napoleon was authoritarian but he offered the ordinary people of Europe a far better chance in life, an escape from the old way of doing things into modern meritocracy. He was an extraordinary reformer who sought to unleash Europe’s potential. If you seek comparisons, think of both Hitler and Woodrow Wilson. That’s why the British hated and feared him. They conspired with the tyrants of Europe to keep those dreadful empires going until 1918. After WWI, from Ireland to Estonia, captive nations threw off their yoke but a hundred years had been lost. 

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,751
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • wwef235 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • phoenyx75 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • User went up a rank
      Mentor
    • NakedHunterBiden earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Videospirit earned a badge
      One Month Later
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...