Davos speaker calls for one billion people to stop eating meat, for the environment

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

NASA has been measuring this with satellites for more than 30 years. 0.13 inches per year means 1.3 inches every ten years at the present rate, which is 30% faster than 20 years ago. If it keeps accelerating at that rate it in 20 years it will be .17 inches a year  and in 200 years it will be increasing at a rate of almost 4 inches a year, but we know now that the rate of acceleration is not linear, it is increasing, 

If the rate is increasing at a rate of 1 inch every 10 years, that will mean 4 inches in the next 30 years and 5.2 inches in the next 30 years. In 200 years that would mean a total rise of 19 inches but we know the rate isn't linear.  The recent study of glacial melt in Greenland found the undermining of the large glaciers by warm sea water is causing them to melt at a much faster rate than was thought.

Ya...except...every doomsday prediction heard by these fear-mongers, has been...wrong. Every one of them. So based on that remarkable average, you figure its a "good" idea to forsake fossil fuels, trash the global economic base, impose suffering on much of the population, enable our perceived enemies of Russia and China and company (who are most certainly not experiencing the current hardships we've imposed on ourselves...and are probably laughing their asses off at us) so...we can accomplish what...exactly?

China and India are where you should be focusing your nanny tendencies. Not North America and Europe. But alas...that's where the "evil white man" comes from...right?

This is all bout control for the few...and a weird sort of self-hatred for the masses. There is no other reasonable explanation to the hypocrisy. If you really cared...honestly gave a shit...about the global climate and man's effects on it, you'd be attacking India and China daily. But you don't and nor do these climate fear-mongers.

Why? Because its not really about the climate...is it.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Also important to point out that Al Gore is a spokesperson, and a politician.  There's no science being generated by this person.

Think Hannity.  Just a talking head.

Also important to point out that without Al Gore all this climate hysteria doesn't happen.

If you want to pretend what's happening as far as the effects of climate on society is only about the science go for it but observance of the obvious tells us most of it is political.

• Like 3

Back on the subject of sea level rise I believe you were wanting to make a big deal of the 25 years NASA cut out of the sea level rise record based on new satellite data.

Sure and here's a girl reading off cards telling her what else is happening in the current sea level rise discussion. She talks about a recent study giving better access to data on Ocean eddies and how this tells us the melt around Antarctica is actually leveling off so you can take 25% off current projections.

(She's a cutie. Worth watching just to hear her call tornadoes tomatoes.)

My best guess is nobody knows what's actually coming but until they do I'm going by the last 100 years. 7 inches of sea level rise.

Edited by Infidel Dog

20 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Just curious Michael...have you bought in with the climate doom cult that tells us Warmageddon is nigh?

Because a lot of phoneys pretending they're just about something they call "the science" have.

Meh. 

A lot of phoneys pretending they're just about something they call "the science" say there is no climate change, or that climate change is not a threat to anyone.  The world is full of phoneys.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

No I won't and you know it.

Well, that's on you then.  You have an opportunity to follow science, or crazy people.  Both groups might agree that Climate Change is happening.  You want to listen to the crazy people so you can denounce them.

Doesn't matter either way to the rest of us because we know how to not listen to crazy people.

59 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

1. Just curious Michael...have you bought in with the climate doom cult that tells us Warmageddon is nigh?

2. Because a lot of phoneys pretending they're just about something they call "the science" have.

1. As I just posted to Nationalist, I am able to discern between crazy people and rational people whether I agree with their conclusions or not.
2. Not my problem.

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, that's on you then.  You have an opportunity to follow science, or crazy people.  Both groups might agree that Climate Change is happening.  You want to listen to the crazy people so you can denounce them.

Doesn't matter either way to the rest of us because we know how to not listen to crazy people.

Follow the science? That's a rich one.

Climate correction: when scientists get it wrong (phys.org)

This is just one of numerous examples of your vaunted "science"...and it proposes even more dire predictions.

"Science" hasn't got a clue. They're "in over their heads" if you will.

Here's your problem Mike...IMO...You have a real affinity for institutions. In the last 10 or so years...probably more...these institutions have proven themselves completely unreliable and down right political. And hey...it would have to...in order to pull off this Great Reset horseshit they're trying so desperately to choke down our throats.

The choices are obvious and you and I have already made our choices.

1. Choke it all down and suffer the consequences - You

2. Argue and push for realistic solutions that don't punish the entire population - Me

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Follow the science? That's a rich one.

Climate correction: when scientists get it wrong (phys.org)

This is just one of numerous examples of your vaunted "science"...and it proposes even more dire predictions.

"Science" hasn't got a clue. They're "in over their heads" if you will.

Here's your problem Mike...IMO...You have a real affinity for institutions. In the last 10 or so years...probably more...these institutions have proven themselves completely unreliable and down right political. And hey...it would have to...in order to pull off this Great Reset horseshit they're trying so desperately to choke down our throats.

The choices are obvious and you and I have already made our choices.

1. Choke it all down and suffer the consequences - You

2. Argue and push for realistic solutions that don't punish the entire population - Me

Hypothetically:  Let’s say climate change was real. Based upon the logic you lived by, it would be impossible to prove it to you.  Because you have convinced yourself that you absolutely do not want to believe it no matter what.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Hypothetically:  Let’s say climate change was real. Based upon the logic you lived by, it would be impossible to prove it to you.  Because you have convinced yourself that you absolutely do not want to believe it no matter what.  

No "Hypothetically" about it. As far as I can tell, the climate is changing. That's not my issue. My issues are 2 fold.

1. The scientific community has been raped by Libbies and has a long track record of being dead wrong with their doomsday predictions. So now they can't be trusted. Thanks for that.

2. We...the human race...are remarkably ingenious and are rather good at problem solving. Its sort o' become...what we do. Instead of panicking and running around scaring the b'jeebers outta the populations...and imposing restrictions that cause suffering on the human race, which is down right mean spirited. Evil even. Get your grubby little hands off science and let them find a realistic solution.

Edited by Nationalist

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

No "Hypothetically" about it. As far as I can tell, the climate is changing. That's not my issue. My issues are 2 fold.

1. The scientific community has been raped by Libbies and has a long track record of being dead wrong with their doomsday predictions. So now they can't be trusted. Thanks for that.

2. We...the human race...are remarkably ingenious and are rather good at problem solving. Its sort o' become...what we do. Instead of panicking and running around scaring the b'jeebers outta the populations...and imposing restrictions that cause suffering on the human race, which is down right mean spirited. Evil even. Get your grubby little hands off science and let them find a realistic solution.

Well, yeah. We have figured out how to solve this problem. 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

1. Follow the science? That's a rich one.

2. Here's your problem Mike...IMO...You have a real affinity for institutions. In the last 10 or so years...probably more...these institutions have proven themselves completely unreliable and down right political. And hey...it would have to...in order to pull off this Great Reset horseshit they're trying so desperately to choke down our throats.

1. Well, you refuse to right ?  I pointed out that you can separate opinion people from science people and you said "No I won't and you know it".  Which I found to be a very odd thing to say.  Science is great, but you don't seem to care since you don't want to listen to them ?  The article was interesting and vindicated science as an approach to truth seeking.

2. You say so but I don't buy it.  I have the weight of western scientific tradition since Newton on my side.  You have... a statement from yourself on a web board with no cites.

The rest of your post mischaracterizes what I say so I'll just leave it alone.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Ya...except...every doomsday prediction heard by these fear-mongers, has been...wrong. Every one of them. So based on that remarkable average, you figure its a "good" idea to forsake fossil fuels, trash the global economic base, impose suffering on much of the population, enable our perceived enemies of Russia and China and company (who are most certainly not experiencing the current hardships we've imposed on ourselves...and are probably laughing their asses off at us) so...we can accomplish what...exactly?

China and India are where you should be focusing your nanny tendencies. Not North America and Europe. But alas...that's where the "evil white man" comes from...right?

This is all bout control for the few...and a weird sort of self-hatred for the masses. There is no other reasonable explanation to the hypocrisy. If you really cared...honestly gave a shit...about the global climate and man's effects on it, you'd be attacking India and China daily. But you don't and nor do these climate fear-mongers.

Why? Because its not really about the climate...is it.

It has been proven wrong. We are finding out that these things are accelerating at a rate we didn't understand before. You latch on to decades old information and don't learn a damn thing after that.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It has been proven wrong. We are finding out that these things are accelerating at a rate we didn't understand before. You latch on to decades old information and don't learn a damn thing after that.

I do want to point out that some scientists AND PLENTY of media do exaggerate climate change, so don't fall into the trap of defending them.  The science will come out through peer review as Nationalist has shown, but the media mistakes won't, and don't.... ever.

That's up to us to ridicule bad media.  Scientists are too busy.

30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I do want to point out that some scientists AND PLENTY of media do exaggerate climate change, so don't fall into the trap of defending them.  The science will come out through peer review as Nationalist has shown, but the media mistakes won't, and don't.... ever.

That's up to us to ridicule bad media.  Scientists are too busy.

NASA and ESA aren't media. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well, you refuse to right ?  I pointed out that you can separate opinion people from science people and you said "No I won't and you know it".  Which I found to be a very odd thing to say.  Science is great, but you don't seem to care since you don't want to listen to them ?  The article was interesting and vindicated science as an approach to truth seeking.

2. You say so but I don't buy it.  I have the weight of western scientific tradition since Newton on my side.  You have... a statement from yourself on a web board with no cites.

The rest of your post mischaracterizes what I say so I'll just leave it alone.

Here's 2 well known scientists. Refute this.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Oh?

Your solution then is crap.

Why?

If your electric utility installs dozens of windmills, which provide electricity at a cost of zero, and shut down a coal plant, how does that harm you?

Here’s what I don’t understand: If you’re a nationalist, isn’t energy independence from Arab nations a plus for you? 

Edited by Rebound