Nearly A Year Later: The Ukraine proxy war

-The US has spent about a hundred billion on fighting the proxy war in the Ukraine. 

-Zelinsky has persecuted the Orthodox church by accusing them of being pro Russian  

-Zelinsky has jailed political opposition

-Zelinsky continues to be propped up as the beacon of democracy. 

Where's the money going? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, West said:

-The US has spent about a hundred billion on fighting the proxy war in the Ukraine. 

-Zelinsky has persecuted the Orthodox church by accusing them of being pro Russian  

Where's the money going? 

If you’re not against Russian persecution of citizens, why are you so bothered by Ukraine’s?

1 hour ago, West said:

Where's the money going? 

IT's NOT a "proxy war." We are ARMING Ukraine to save their nation from an unprovoked aggressor.

What does the word proxy war mean?

A proxy war occurs when a major power instigates or plays a major role in supporting and directing a party to a conflict but does only a small portion of the actual fighting itself.

And why do you care where the money is going? Secret: governments often jail traitors during an existential war.

8 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

If you’re not against Russian persecution of citizens, why are you so bothered by Ukraine’s?

If you're not so bothered by Ukrainian persecution of citizens, why are you bothered by Russia's?

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

IT's NOT a "proxy war." We are ARMING Ukraine to save their nation from an unprovoked aggressor.

And why do you care where the money is going? Secret: governments often jail traitors during an existential war.

And which part of your definition refutes what I said? Or are you just butt hurt that someone dared criticized zelinsky

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

The Russians don't even need fans/agents to spread information. All they need to do is get into the mind of a few people and use them as mules. ?

1. Duh, there are bigger issues, you want China/Russia to take over as world's leader? What would a win for Putin in Russia means for allies around the world? What message would that send to Beijing, anyhow I am talking to a Canadian isolationist, which supports an American isolationist, DT. I am talking strictly from a geo-political logic. 

2. If someone would have invaded Canada, oh man, with your frame of thinking, you would ask for arrests in my opinion for someone just being Russian. As for the church, yes, some churches had direct political connections with Russian leader, Kirill. Do you have any idea who Kirill is? He is the leader of the Orthodox Church in Russia, former KGB agent which means he told on people's confessions. This is his life, I posted this many times here: 

FOX_aOgWQAQnu7X.jpg

3. Same thing, in time of war, should I remind you what allies did during WW2? You would support jailing of opposition politicians which had connections with the enemy that just invaded your house. Who are you fooling? 

4. Zelenskyy is doing what a war president should do INTERNALLY in my view. I take issues with his foreign affairs, power gets to his head and he starts getting himself involved in International Politics, even Biden at one point lost his patience during a phone call, which was reported by New York Times a while ago. During an address to the Israeli parliament, one commentator said: "King David had more humility". And not to mention his intervention in Hungary which got populism more % there. Clearly you can see he has no background in diplomacy and is emotionally charged. He is just a man, I do not agree with this idea to make any man into a God-like hero, regardless if his cause (fighting an invader) is good now. 

This war is looking more like a South Korea - North Korea type of scenario, a type of frozen conflict is my estimation. 

1. No

2. Prove it

3. No but it's obvious YOU support the Japanese internment camps. 

4. Agreed he's not a beacon of democracy. 

I support the people of the Ukraine. I have a few whove moved in around me that have had over for dinner.. overall good people who are collateral damage to the military industrial complex. I don't support Zelinsky or the hundreds of billions going to fight a proxy war that should be used to fund clean drinking water at home. I think that coverage of him should be more balance and more questions should be asked about the blank cheque to fund the proxy war abroad 

Now that we cleared up my position, carry on

Edited by West
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. Study some geo-political material. Start with Foreign Affairs and Foreign Policy. It will help your mind, is more productive than all gender basic mind talk in my opinion. 

2. Your posts. People can read your resume and tribalistic nature. You only need sex, gender, liberals, bad and you already made a judgement about a human being. I would not want to imagine what you would do to an invading foreign enemy if you had power. All theories.

3. I don't agree with any camps including Guantanamo Bay. I am just pointing out to you the reality of war, to feel outraged over the banning of Churches or arrests of politicians that sympathise with the invading enemy is something you would do too, if someone came over to your house? If someone came over to your house and invaded your home, would you not want to ban him from your prayer room? 

4. As I said, I don't agree with making men as "heroes". I don't follow "men" as you do with Donald Trump. Is my experience that following one person, only lands one in trouble. I would caution even the Zelenskyy fans on this board that a lot of roads to hell were paved with good intentions. 

Ukraine will be helped as long as they want to fight, that is the policy outlined by NATO leadership, is not a conspiracy that Zelenskyy is manipulating the Ukrainians to fight, there is tribal hatred there that someone which grew up in North America will never understand. 

Carry on? Don't you know me by now. Until we argue again. 

1. Why? I already said I don't want China and Russia controlling the world. 

2. I'm for humane treatment of people. Going in guns drawn and raiding a house of worship is next level low. Certainly not what you'd expect in a democracy. 

3. How you treat people even in a time of war speaks volumes about you as a person. 

That's sort of my beef with Trudump too.. guys a petty little biotch.. reminds me of a valley girl

4. I don't really care about Donnie. He's just a trigger for many of the unhinged and I find it funny. The unhinged are the ones who light their hair on fire every time the guy moves. 

4 hours ago, West said:

And which part of your definition refutes what I said? Or are you just butt hurt that someone dared criticized zelinsky

The Ukraine war and our involvement DOES NOT fit the definition posted of "proxy war."

We are not doing ANY fighting there. At best we are supplying intelligence and supplies.

15 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The Ukraine war and our involvement DOES NOT fit the definition posted of "proxy war."

We are not doing ANY fighting there. At best we are supplying intelligence and supplies.

Prove it. 

It fits perfectly with your definition hun. The US is supporting the war with approximately 100 billion dollars and doesn't have any boots on the ground. Are you dumb?

major power instigates or plays a major role in supporting and directing a party to a conflict but does only a small portion of the actual fighting itself.

Edited by West

1 hour ago, Boges said:

So you're hand-waving war crimes, but outraged at whatever Zelensky is being accused of? 

Nice to know you're Pro Targeting Civilians as, just "war". 

Not really outraged... just pointing to the fact he's not a beacon of democracy. 

But I guess we can't talk about the new golden boy in a negative way

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

You know what, if you would have stopped here, you would have got a like from me, you would have won a customer for this post and me to think about some things. Good points. 

The rest, from 3 to below, you could not control yourself, took away from the weight of your message in my opinion. 

No no no.. 

This is basically the issue that I have with western politicians. It should not be mistaken for support of the Ruskies. 

Plus you are the one who brought up Donnie.. 

Edited by West

20 minutes ago, West said:

Prove it. 

It fits perfectly with your definition hun. The US is supporting the war with approximately 100 billion dollars and doesn't have any boots on the ground. Are you dumb?

major power instigates or plays a major role in supporting and directing a party to a conflict but does only a small portion of the actual fighting itself.

Nope. No boots on the ground. Do you NOT KNOW that negatives CANNOT be proven?

Prove US soldiers are FIGHTING in Ukraine since you're making that CLAIM with your "proxy war" declaration.

5 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Nope. No boots on the ground. Do you NOT KNOW that negatives CANNOT be proven?

Prove US soldiers are FIGHTING in Ukraine since you're making that CLAIM with your "proxy war" declaration.

Yes.. which is why it's a proxy war dummy

10 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It's ONLY a "proxy war" if you can PROVE US soldiers are fighting in Ukraine.

Since you have no proof, that's ONLY YOUR FANTASY.

No it's a proxy war because they are FUNDING.Even by your own definition... not directly involved in the conflict. 

Are you really that ignorant of the English language?