Armed mother uses gun to prevent her child from being kidnapped. Thank you SECOND AMENDMENT

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/01/16/police-armed-mother-pulls-gun-prevent-sons-kidnapping/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3S5upNrn7opiw-T8OJCS_N0N9HMKIKRqQiYtKDq18DfJoC_cLgQFwt0b4

Police: Armed Mother Pulls Gun to Prevent Son’s Kidnapping

FOX 17 reported that two people were hovering around the entrance to the apartment complex, and manager Shay Lindberg went out to ask them if there was a problem.

Lindberg’s son was by her side, and one of the two people allegedly grabbed him in an alleged kidnapping attempt.

Lindberg drew her gun, and the suspect released the boy.

Des Moines Police Department Sergeant Paul Parizek said, “It certainly looks like the big turning point here, the pivotal piece to keeping her child safe was the fact that she was lawfully-armed with a handgun, and she produced it and told them ‘let go of my kid.’”

FOX News noted that Lindberg called the complex’s security guard, Will Hunter of Per Mar Security Services, after she had saved her son, and Hunter recognized the suspects from the description.

Hunter called police and identified the suspects as Michael Ernest Ross and Laura Lynn Potter.

Ross and Potter were subsequently arrested and charged with felony child stealing.

A CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED FIREARM prevented a kidnapping.

It would have been better if that mother had just SHOT those animals, but they're in jail where they belong.

• Like 1

https://www.kff.org/global-health-policy/issue-brief/child-and-teen-firearm-mortality-in-the-u-s-and-peer-countries/

"In 2020 (the most recent year with available data from the CDC), firearms were the number one cause of death for children ages 1-19 in the United States, taking the lives of 4,357 children."  

Canada had 48 deaths.  Roughly 1/90th the number of deaths.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.kff.org/global-health-policy/issue-brief/child-and-teen-firearm-mortality-in-the-u-s-and-peer-countries/

"In 2020 (the most recent year with available data from the CDC), firearms were the number one cause of death for children ages 1-19 in the United States, taking the lives of 4,357 children."  

Canada had 48 deaths.  Roughly 1/90th the number of deaths.

What does that questionable link have to do with the subject of the thread?

A woman's kids are home with her and the scumbags who were trying to kidnap that kid are in jail. Would you have preferred she DIDN'T have the gun and just LOSE her kids? What if those kidnappers had taken the kid and KILLED the kid. Would that be preferable to the kid's life being saved by a firearm?

41 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Teenage gangs in inner cities of America are a real problem. I blame fatherless homes. 

Glad the lady could save her son  from being kidnapped though.

Well, as a matter of fact, ANY Sociology class at ANY college in America (diploma mill or not) will agree that street gangs are basically families that kids gravitate to because they do not have fathers at home. I never gave gangs much thought until I took one of those Sociology courses. (Even a goose stepping communist class can provide SOME information, for one who is intelligent and patient.)

42 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Canada's gun laws are better than those of the United States.

It's a good job that mother had a gun.

I didn't know much about Canadian gun laws. Like most, I assumed that the gun laws were written by the individual provinces, (kind of like the United States), but it appears there is a monolithic gun code in Canada.

Here it is:

https://www.oykhmancriminaldefence.com/faq/gun-laws-canada/

Some of the laws are reasonable. Some are Fascist. Then I remembered that Canada does not have a bill of rights in its constitution. Not saying that's a bad thing. But it's one of several reasons why I won't be moving to Canada any time soon.

2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I didn't know much about Canadian gun laws. Like most, I assumed that the gun laws were written by the individual provinces, (kind of like the United States), but it appears there is a monolithic gun code in Canada.

Here it is:

https://www.oykhmancriminaldefence.com/faq/gun-laws-canada/

Some of the laws are reasonable. Some are Fascist. Then I remembered that Canada does not have a bill of rights in its constitution. Not saying that's a bad thing. But it's one of several reasons why I won't be moving to Canada any time soon.

As a gun owner I support most restriction on gun ownership in Canada.  I oppose the recent changes aimed at (it seems to me) law abiding target shooters. 

Edited by bcsapper

30 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

As a gun owner I support most restriction on gun ownership in Canada. 

You will continue to have good laws here if people don't fall victim to the anecdotal trap.

One kidnapping prevented.
4,357 kids killed.

I'll bet I could prevent a crime or two using live grenades too, would they write a nice story for me ?

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You will continue to have good laws here if people don't fall victim to the anecdotal trap.

4,357 kids killed.

I'll bet I could prevent a crime or two using live grenades too, would they write a nice story for me ?

Yep, no argument there.  That anecdotal trap can get pretty seductive though...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

4,357 kids killed.

Just the price of freedumb.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It's distressing to see so many try to poo poo on a story about a mother using a gun to protect her kid.

4300 kids shot in the US. The vast majority from homicides. Murders. Intentional crimes.

Question: is the problem guns? Or is it crime?

Sure, but it's also distressing to see people use this story as support for America's ridiculous gun laws.

I love it when a good guy with a gun shoots a bad guy with a gun, but there's no arguing that overall, the current interpretation of the second amendment is responsible for an incredible number of deaths when compared to countries with saner gun laws.

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Sure, but it's also distressing to see people use this story as support for America's ridiculous gun laws.

I love it when a good guy with a gun shoots a bad guy with a gun, but there's no arguing that overall, the current interpretation of the second amendment is responsible for an incredible number of deaths when compared to countries with saner gun laws.

This is also true.

Americans have a thing for gun rights. Since The Rona, gun sales have exploded. Killings have also exploded.

The guns will always be there. But if the existing laws were actually enforced, the rates would likely subside. In America, that's about as good as it can get.

16 hours ago, bcsapper said:

As a gun owner I support most restriction on gun ownership in Canada.  I oppose the recent changes aimed at (it seems to me) law abiding target shooters. 

I just support any gun control that keeps guns out of the hands of criminals, minors and illegal aliens. (I wouldn't mind keeping guns away from the bodyguards of rich Democrats.)

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's why they're called news STORIES.  

Not all gun laws are ridiculous.

Florida Governor Jeb Bush (the man who rescued this state from a lousy Democrat run economy and the worst schools in the country) gave us the best gun control laws of all time. And they TARGET the problem.

The law is 10-20-LIFE.

Bring a gun to a crime and you get 10 years mandatory. FIRE that gun during a crime and you get 20 years mandatory. If you hit someone when you fire that gun, mandatory LIFE sentence.

As you might have guessed, the PRO CRIME Democrats hated this law.

Only a NAZI wants to keep guns away from law abiding citizens.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:24 PM, reason10 said:

What does that questionable link have to do with the subject of the thread?

A woman's kids are home with her and the scumbags who were trying to kidnap that kid are in jail. Would you have preferred she DIDN'T have the gun and just LOSE her kids? What if those kidnappers had taken the kid and KILLED the kid. Would that be preferable to the kid's life being saved by a firearm?

Statistically, children are safer when there are not guns in the home, because they are more likely to be killed by a gun kept in the home than by a burglar or other intruder.  

However, gun ownership is a Constitutionally protected right and that’s that. But I don’t think it makes any sense to extend that to owning AR-15’s or carrying three loaded AR-15’s into a shopping mall while wearing body armor.