Do you support veterans ?

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Dougie, i use to be one of those guys that would roll his eyes when someone said they were form a militia unit.

Militia guys roll their eyes at Reg Force too

when you're a 48th Highlander from Toronto, you are the Glamour Boys, you open for the Toronto Maple Leafs

where the f*ck is Petawawa ?  Middle of f*king nowhere

and yet, I came to love Petawawa as my home away from home

in actual fact, the boys in 1 RCR welcomed me with open arms

if you're keen, if you know your shit, if you mix well in the ranks, it's all good

soon I was dating the daughter of an RCR Sergeant, they took me into their home, practically adopted me

I did get defaulters for fighting at the River Club & Sassy's

but I never had any problems with the troops in Petawawa

loved the RCR, loved the Airborne too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

none the less, when the 48th Highlanders returned from the Western Front

there was nobody to greet them when they arrived

when they pulled into Union Station in Toronto in 1919, it was empty

they marched through the empty streets of Toronto to the University Avenue Armoury

Remembrance Day was not invented until 1931

Maybe they were afraid on the Spanish flu outbreak?  Maybe what you're saying isn't true at all.  You seem to work for Russian Television or something, and therefore haven't proven yourself much of a reliable source.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Maybe they were afraid on the Spanish flu outbreak?  Maybe what you're saying isn't true at all.  You seem to work for Russian Television or something, and therefore haven't proven yourself much of a reliable source.

Canadians may have charged into the Great War enthusiastically in 1914

but the war of course turned out to be the worst catastrophe in the history of the world to that point

the civilization which had existed prior to was utterly destroyed

the British Empire had broken itself on the Western Front

Britain had gone insolvent after the failure of the Somme Offensive in 1916

at which point the British had to go to the Americans for a bailout

the entire war then became about getting the Americans into the fight, to save the Entente

it was a war of hegemonic succession, wherein Britain fell and America rose to become the Hegemon

prior to the war, America was Canada's sworn enemy

all military plans in Canada to that point were about preparing to defend against an American invasion

yet all of sudden, Canada was hurled into a world where Washington was Canada's master, not London

there was no great celebration of a victory at the time

since in fact Canada & Britain had not really won the war, it was at best a Pyrrhic victory

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

i do hold Canada responsible for all those lives, for not doing anything about it. and yes i am one of those jaded vets. I would do anything for any of my regimental comrades, at a drop of a hat. and i would do it all again just not for country, but for them. I'm not the only vet that feels that way, there is plenty more.

exactly

"jaded" simply means lacking in enthusiasm after having had too much of something

at what point is Canada to be held responsible ?

for the denigration, humiliation & destruction that it rains down upon its own military, veterans & most loyal sons

Don Cherry was the greatest supporter of the Legion

yet he was cancelled by Canada, falsely accused of being a racist

at what point are we veterans allowed to say : enough is enough

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

They did not receive the help they needed becasue our government played politics with their lives and benefits.

I have a brother who has stage four cancer

he's in very dire straits financially, because he can't work

he's an Op Harmony veteran

out of desperation, he called Veterans Affiars

not to ask for anything for himself, just to ask if they could do anything for his wife

do you know that they said ?

"why should we help you ?"

• Sad 1

I swear on the Colours of the 48th Highlanders of Canada

that I am who I say I am, and that my recollections are the truth as I experienced them

I also have all my certificates, commendations, decorations and a copy of my service record

so I can prove who I am and the particulars as to my service, in court as necessary

I think also Canadians refer by veterans the generation which is almost all of them are dead by now.

The USA, on the other hand, produces every once in a while a fresh supply of veterans.

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Oh yah, my friend, let me tell you a quick story. 

One time I came out of the public transit, someone stole a hard working woman purse, as being raised in Eastern Europe I jumped the fence to run after the individual. Instinct for survival. 

The guy was fast, I could not catch him but when I went back to talk to the woman, it baffled me how everyone just stood by, did not say anything, they just froze. That describes establishment figures which post on this forum such as @Michael Hardnerthat ignore your trolling and disrespect towards the Canadian Forces. He calls himself a conservative. Canadian society is too nice. 

With us new immigrants, is hard the bully yard behaviour, that works for Michael to keep you around as a pet, but not for me. Good luck in your journey "soldier" ;)

You need to understand "your friend". he is so full of himself that he has no context for anything else. A full narcissistic person.

Dare you oppose or have a different view point or different experience you get insulted and have to see his innumerable posts and video clops.

I have become aware of his narcissism and take it for what it is. In my opinion, A small man cloistered somewhere and living in a past that becomes more and more each time he talks.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You need to understand "your friend". he is so full of himself that he has no context for anything else. A full narcissistic person.

Dare you oppose or have a different view point or different experience you get insulted and have to see his innumerable posts and video clops.

I have become aware of his narcissism and take it for what it is. In my opinion, A small man cloistered somewhere and living in a past that becomes more and more each time he talks.

you are an avatar on the internet claiming the authority of a CWO from NDHQ

constantly invoking your rank and listing your service record

physician heal thyself

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Your "marketing" messaging about the Canadian military. Personal struggles before loyalty. Is that military? 

I simply speak for myself and recount my relevant experiences from 16 years of service in the Canadian Forces

as per Canadian Forces policy

no more, no less

36 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you are an avatar on the internet claiming the authority of a CWO from NDHQ

constantly invoking your rank and listing your service record

physician heal thyself

There ya go. You are what you are and what you make yourself be. Narcissistic. Not one post from you that is not about you LO

Insult away LOL

I know, you don't and, as you say "I simply speak for myself and recount my relevant experiences from 35 years of service in the Canadian Forces  "

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

There ya go. You are what you are and what you make yourself be. Narcissistic. Not one post from you that is not about you LO

Insult away LOL

I know, you don't and, as you say "I simply speak for myself and recount my relevant experiences from 35 years of service in the Canadian Forces  "

I don't see how I insulted you

19 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

again, I can only speak for myself and of my experiences

as per Canadian Forces policy

And on and on and on and on and on  :)

Fortunately there is no Canadian Forces Policy about you or your blather LOL

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Your "marketing" messaging about the Canadian military. Personal struggles before loyalty. Is that military? 

It is easy to pass judgement on something when you have not worn the boots of that person or gone through their experiences. It is easy to make any organization look good when the government is writing the script. perhaps you need to visit a military base, see the condition of its infra structure, its equipment, and look or even talk to some of its soldiers over a beer. 

The military is a reflection of the current government, as they transform it into their vision...I watched a lot of good men suffer both mentally and physically becasue of their actions or lack of.

Loyalty works both ways...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

nobody is forcing you to talk about me

you can ignore my posts as you please

I have not insulted you, I am simply recounting my experiences

as I always say, don;t mind me, I'm just hanging out with my friends & followers, spinning some tunes

if that offends you;  sounds like a personal problem, so none of my concern

and on and on and on and on......

8 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I do thank you for the service however my support and sympathises will go through official channels with a donation. The Website above presented. https://legion.ca/

the Legion is not official channels

the Legion is a private club

the Legion has nothing to do with the Canadian Forces at all

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1