The high price of gas can be largely traced to Joe Biden and Justin Trudeau

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Explain to me how woke goes away after Biden is elected.  It's such a weird idea that I'm sure you have an equally entertaining explanation.

Let me start:

1. Trump wins in a landslide.
2. Woke people.... uh... leave the US ?  Give up ?  

Fill in the rest....

Well, yeah, but if we leave we're probably coming to Canada. Maybe he should rethink his rooting interests.

10 minutes ago, robosmith said:

IF you had ANY evidence of ^this, you could post it; instead of more of your gratuitous fantasies.

https://m.facebook.com/TheFiveFNC/videos/obamas-woke-warning-the-former-president-finally-admits-the-democrats-are-buzzki/361332036148467/

Now...back in your hole...

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Why do YOU care so much about elections in the US? After all, Trump kinda shit on Canada.

Trump has shit on Canada for several reasons, Trade, NATO and NORAD spending, but i can't find one that we did not deserve. He is not the only president to speak his mind about Canada. 

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

On the plus side, high prices will greatly ACCELERATE the shift to renewables which was already gaining steam.

Here in Canada the Carbon tax was brought into play to make consumers think twice about using their gas-powered transport/ tools, today gas prices are double, due to global events and consumers are still using their fossil fuel cars... Our PM is about to triple the carbon taxes and other taxers as well, people are going to keep using fossil fuels until they run out or there is a breakthrough in science. nothing is on the near horizon.

Our government even though it has a steady stream of new revenue, has not sunk any new funding into research or renewables... it has mostly been through private ventures that anything is being done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Here in Canada the Carbon tax was brought into play to make consumers think twice about using their gas-powered transport/ tools, today gas prices are double, due to global events and consumers are still using their fossil fuel cars... Our PM is about to triple the carbon taxes and other taxers as well, people are going to keep using fossil fuels until they run out or there is a breakthrough in science. nothing is on the near horizon.

Our government even though it has a steady stream of new revenue, has not sunk any new funding into research or renewables... it has mostly been through private ventures that anything is being done.

High prices, including taxes, are the way governments ENCOURAGE private ventures to act.

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Trump has shit on Canada for several reasons, Trade, NATO and NORAD spending, but i can't find one that we did not deserve. He is not the only president to speak his mind about Canada. 

NATO members are smart enough to band together to OPPOSE PUTIN'S first since WWII LAND GRAB.

Do you believe if Putin succeeds he will STOP with Ukraine? 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Just a public annoyance and bad joke. Even Lord Obama is warning these Tweekies to tone it down and try to live within the bounds of reality. Hadn't you heard?

No...of course you hadn't...

So sad that you didn't answer.  I needed a laugh.

Yeah, Obama Clinton and the rest aren't really 'woke' either.... guess who they all serve down there ?

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

NATO members are smart enough to band together to OPPOSE PUTIN'S first since WWII LAND GRAB.

Do you believe if Putin succeeds he will STOP with Ukraine? 

Not sure where you're going with this, my post was about trump giving Canada the gears because we deserved it.

Putin is not going to succeed anywhere, he has spent his quarter, and now is trying to salvage his life before someone ends it for him. 

This is not Putin's first military incursion he has many notches on his belt now.   

We can't make this stuff up.   This is a news item from an hour ago.

Joe Biden appears to fall asleep during interview (msn.com)

"Sleeping or just resting his eyes?

It was nearly a year ago that U.S. President Joe Biden earned the nickname “Sleepy Joe” on social media after he appeared to fall asleep at the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow.

Biden’s latest apparent nap took place during an interview with MSNBC’s Jonathan Capehart – or, at the very least, when the president became lost for words for several awkward seconds.

When Biden was asked if First Lady Jill Biden would support him running for president again, he sat in seemingly stunned silence.

“I have not made that formal decision but it’s my intention to run again and we’ll have time to make that decision,” Biden told Capehart."

17 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Not sure where you're going with this, my post was about trump giving Canada the gears because we deserved it.

You mentioned NATO, but didn't specify the PROBLEM with "NATO."

Why did Canada "deserve" ANYTHING from Trump over NATO?

Of course Trump also slapped tariffs on Canadian milk (I believe). Maybe other things.

Also "deserved"? I'm not aware of ANY offenses by Canada which "deserved" these retaliations.

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It was nearly a year ago that U.S. President Joe Biden earned the nickname “Sleepy Joe” on social media after he appeared to fall asleep at the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow.

Biden’s latest apparent nap took place during an interview with MSNBC’s Jonathan Capehart – or, at the very least, when the president became lost for words for several awkward seconds.

When Biden was asked if First Lady Jill Biden would support him running for president again, he sat in seemingly stunned silence.

“I have not made that formal decision but it’s my intention to run again and we’ll have time to make that decision,” Biden told Capehart."

Some people think better with their eyes closed; eliminates some distractions. Of course that is ONLY a cardinal sin with right wing idiots.

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Don't tell me you're dumb enough to NOT UNDERSTAND that FOX COMMENTARY is the source you posted.

More probably you're just LYING.

What the hell difference does it make. Most people already know what Obama said. Don't you?

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

Another Simple Fact: The Keystone XL pipeline is being constructed to allow the EXPORT of petroleum outside the US.  So even after it’s completed, it will have zero impact on US oil prices.  

It would sure have an effect on how much Canada got paid for it, though.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Oh, I think you can make that stuff up.

He answered the question. The interviewer didn't have to repeat himself. I think odds are pretty slim that he actually fell asleep- or he's a pretty damn talented sleeper to keep the conversation going.

But I don't think you actually care. There are multiple videos of Trump falling asleep on the job-- the COVID briefing comes to mind first. Does that disqualify him in your eyes? If not, then you post is just more hyperpartisan twaddle. -- For my part, I'm certain we'd be much better off if Trump had nodded off for the whole 4 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It needs to end.

That would be nice. But Trump didn't do a thing about it until nearly election time. That was when he finally cancelled the teaching of all the diversity, equity and anti-racism stuff to federal employees. 

Maybe he didn't even know about it since he wasn't in the habit of attending meetings or reading briefing notes.

11 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

That would be nice. But Trump didn't do a thing about it until nearly election time. That was when he finally cancelled the teaching of all the diversity, equity and anti-racism stuff to federal employees. 

Maybe he didn't even know about it since he wasn't in the habit of attending meetings or reading briefing notes.

Who knows...who cares...why is this relevant?

Edited by Nationalist