I will REALLY try to understand if you REALLY try to explain 3 or more genders. Will you try?

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Yes "simple" is an apt term.

It's not about the serial deviants, Tweedle-Dee. It's about legislating speech.

As for your discrimination argument...calling g a man "him" is how we denote GENDER.

What you're talking about is not GENDER...it's SEXUALITY.

People who HARM other people need to be prosecuted.  But that’s not what you’re talking about, is it?  You NEED to shit on somebody, don’t you?  There’s just got to be some group of people you can treat differently, persecute, beat up, hurt, etc.  Isn’t that what this is really about?

Cause otherwise… if you aren’t hurting anyone else, be whatever religion, skin color, sexual preference, or gender you want. That is how it should be. 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Yes "simple" is an apt term.

It's not about the serial deviants, Tweedle-Dee. It's about legislating speech.

As for your discrimination argument...calling g a man "him" is how we denote GENDER.

What you're talking about is not GENDER...it's SEXUALITY.

WHAT LAW?

You spoke of some awful law. What law?

8 minutes ago, Rebound said:

People who HARM other people need to be prosecuted.  But that’s not what you’re talking about, is it?  You NEED to shit on somebody, don’t you?  There’s just got to be some group of people you can treat differently, persecute, beat up, hurt, etc.  Isn’t that what this is really about?

Cause otherwise… if you aren’t hurting anyone else, be whatever religion, skin color, sexual preference, or gender you want. That is how it should be. 

OK...how is calling a man..."him"...hurting anyone?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robosmith said:

"Science" hasn't decided that AT ALL. Biologists KNOW that the brain and the body develop at DIFFERENT TIMES in the development cycle, and they can be OUT OF SYNC.

Gender is NOT determined by sex organs, it is a property of the mind and not necessarily synchronized with the body..

What is the scientific definition of gender?

You keep telling yourself that, but keep me out of your fantasy please, telling a child that a boy can be a girl at an early age, when they have not enough education to tell if it is bs or truth is abuse plain and simple.

Biologist have been educating us for hundreds of years and suddenly this generation discovered you can be anything you want, a fire truck, cat, dog, and infinite number of other things your imagination is the only limit. Then yes i would tend to call all of that fantasy, a mental issue. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You keep telling yourself that, but keep me out of your fantasy please, telling a child that a boy can be a girl at an early age, when they have not enough education to tell if it is bs or truth is abuse plain and simple.

Biologist have been educating us for hundreds of years and suddenly this generation discovered you can be anything you want, a fire truck, cat, dog, and infinite number of other things your imagination is the only limit. Then yes i would tend to call all of that fantasy, a mental issue. 

Why can’t a person be whatever they choose to be?

But if you’re asking about the surgical procedures, I cannot say. I don’t know anything about how doctors assess someone’s need for such treatments. I don’t even know what they are. I had a coworker who did it, and she says she is happier now, but I don’t know much about it. 

Edited by Rebound

14 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Why can’t a person be whatever they choose to be?

But if you’re asking about the surgical procedures, I cannot say. I don’t know anything about how doctors assess someone’s need for such treatments. I don’t even know what they are. I had a coworker who did it, and she says she is happier now, but I don’t know much about it. 

I personally don't have an issue with people with mental health problems, be whatever you want to be, just don't involve me in your fantasy. 

No i am not talking about surgical procedures all though it does play a role in younger people. do you think a child as young as 3 or 4 right up to age 18 is capable of making choices like hormone therapy or other treatments?

Would you start your son on any of these procedures? there is reasons why we regulate children from certain activates, one is they cannot fully understand it right now, nor are they capable of making wise choices. 

Good for her, there are many people that are much happier after, but there are also people who regret it. our children should be off limits to any of this. turn 18 and if you still feel that way get er down...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Are you a biologist? Have you kept up with the research?

Do you understand that MODERN PET scanners have revealed a lot which was unknown about the brain?

Maybe do YOUR OWN research about the science BEFORE you call it a "fantasy."

It must be hell to live with your level of IGNORANCE.

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Are you a biologist? Have you kept up with the research?

Do you understand that MODERN PET scanners have revealed a lot which was unknown about the brain?

Maybe do YOUR OWN research about the science BEFORE you call it a "fantasy."

It must be hell to live with your level of IGNORANCE.

But you are a biologist right, i have done some research on the topic, and I'm not convinced. 

Sure, we have made great advances in a lot of areas... 

Why do we all have to be as smart as you, one cannot have a different opinion without being called a retard. I've read the whole topic and you've yet to prove all those that are skeptical wrong with any definitive proof. 

And let's just say you are right, i asked you if you would subject your child to any of these treatments? yes or no. becasue there are parents out there now that are doing exactly that...

My grandson calls himself batman even dresses up like him, but he knows he is not batman he is just playing at being him. kids should be off limits to any of these treatments until they become of age. after that do whatever you want, it is your life, just don't involve me in it. 

24 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I personally don't have an issue with people with mental health problems, be whatever you want to be, just don't involve me in your fantasy. 

No i am not talking about surgical procedures all though it does play a role in younger people. do you think a child as young as 3 or 4 right up to age 18 is capable of making choices like hormone therapy or other treatments?

Would you start your son on any of these procedures? there is reasons why we regulate children from certain activates, one is they cannot fully understand it right now, nor are they capable of making wise choices. 

Good for her, there are many people that are much happier after, but there are also people who regret it. our children should be off limits to any of this. turn 18 and if you still feel that way get er down...

You didn’t listen to me, or you spoke past me.

I said that I don’t know anything about the medical procedures. I don’t know what medical circumstances exist in people who go through surgery, so I don’t know what circumstances might lead me to agree that surgery is justified.  

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

But you are a biologist right, i have done some research on the topic, and I'm not convinced. 

Sure, we have made great advances in a lot of areas... 

Why do we all have to be as smart as you, one cannot have a different opinion without being called a retard. I've read the whole topic and you've yet to prove all those that are skeptical wrong with any definitive proof. 

I posted the scientific definition of "gender." Did you not understand that?

Or are you talking about the stages of development in the womb?

I recommend that you watch 9 months that made you for a primer on some of the latest research 

And let's just say you are right, i asked you if you would subject your child to any of these treatments? yes or no. becasue there are parents out there now that are doing exactly that...

I don't have a child. But if I did, I would certainly consider it depending on how old s/he was.

My grandson calls himself batman even dresses up like him, but he knows he is not batman he is just playing at being him. kids should be off limits to any of these treatments until they become of age. after that do whatever you want, it is your life, just don't involve me in it. 

Some children KNOW earlier than others. Doctors know how to determine whether it is a permanent condition.

20 minutes ago, Rebound said:

You didn’t listen to me, or you spoke past me.

I said that I don’t know anything about the medical procedures. I don’t know what medical circumstances exist in people who go through surgery, so I don’t know what circumstances might lead me to agree that surgery is justified.  

What about hormone replace therapy is what i was alluding to, as i think the surgery part you have to be 18 or older.

but not in all cases, I'll ask the question again would you put your young child through any of these procedures, i ask becasue if you would not do it to your children why are we so fast to allow others to do it to theirs.

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I posted the scientific definition of "gender." Did you not understand that?

Or are you talking about the stages of development in the womb?

I recommend that you watch 9 months that made you for a primer on some of the latest research 

I don't have a child. But if I did, I would certainly consider it depending on how old s/he was.

Some children KNOW earlier than others. Doctors know how to determine whether it is a permanent condition.

Yes, i read it, and understood it, but i can show you sources that also say the opposite.

That is easy for you to say, as you have no skin in the game. things will change once you have a child, and your responsible for that life, ensuring you make all the right life choices, so they grow up to be informed adults, and not brainwashed into thinking there are infinite amount of genders.  

describe what ages children are when they know.  And doctors can never be wrong can they, they happen to be the number three leading cause of death in North America with their current medical record i would want several second opinions.  

12 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

What about hormone replace therapy is what i was alluding to, as i think the surgery part you have to be 18 or older.

but not in all cases, I'll ask the question again would you put your young child through any of these procedures, i ask becasue if you would not do it to your children why are we so fast to allow others to do it to theirs.

I let a doctor cut into my infant child’s chest, break his ribs, stop his heart from beating, cut the heart open, repair a defect, sew it all up and restart his heart. 

That is something I never contemplated in my life. I keep saying that I don’t know, because I don’t know.  I have no idea what sort of medical circumstances could call for that. If you’d ask me if I’d allow open heart surgery on my infant child, I’d think you were crazy, until that circumstance came before me. What medical condition is going on in a kid that needs hormone therapy? I have absolutely no idea; I keep telling you that. 

But I’ll tell you this: When I put my head on my infant’s chest, I could hear the heart making a whooshing sound as it beat, and after the surgery, the sound was gone. 

Edited by Rebound

4 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I let a doctor cut into my infant child’s chest, break his ribs, stop his heart from beating, cut the heart open, repair a defect, sew it all up and restart his heart. 

That is something I never contemplated in my life. I keep saying that I don’t know, because I don’t know.  I have no idea what sort of medical circumstances could call for that. If you’d ask me if I’d allow open heart surgery on my infant child, I’d think you were crazy, until that circumstance came before me. What medical condition is going on in a kid that needs hormone therapy? I have absolutely no idea; I keep telling you that. 

But I’ll tell you this: When I put my head on my infant’s chest, I could hear the heart making a whooshing sound as it beat, and after the surgery, the sound was gone. 

Sorry rebound i thought i was talking to the same person, you and robosmith, i should have been more observant. sorry to you both. 

I 'm not sure what medical case a child would need any sex conversion done, my issue was with children getting access to these procedures at a young age. when I think they are not mature enough to make those life altering procedures. I fully understand lifesaving operations, and their need, but in my opinion i don't think these procedures are lifesaving. 

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Sorry rebound i thought i was talking to the same person, you and robosmith, i should have been more observant. sorry to you both. 

I 'm not sure what medical case a child would need any sex conversion done, my issue was with children getting access to these procedures at a young age. when I think they are not mature enough to make those life altering procedures. I fully understand lifesaving operations, and their need, but in my opinion i don't think these procedures are lifesaving. 

Do you know what the suicide rate is for young people who could benefit from gender confirming procedures that don't get treatment?

9 hours ago, Army Guy said:

EXACTLY! Now you get it! 
I agree with you totally!! I am equally unsure of what medical case a child would need to justify these hormone or other sex-related procedures.  Because I am ignorant, I am not in a position to say that they should be banned. 

I assume these are all rare cases, but they happen. Some people are born with indeterminate genitals, and it is not possible to determine gender at birth. That much I know.  Being a parent who subjected my infant to life-threatening surgery, I can say that the politicians should stay the hell out of it.  That’s the last thing anybody involved needs. 

The whole point is to protect innocent children. We all agree. I don’t think Ted Cruz in Washington knows better than little Pat, and Pat’s parents and doctor.  This is precisely what Republicans say they’re against: Keep the government out of my life, right? 

I’m not pro-hormone therapy, or whatever these treatments are, but I don’t think we should demonize our outlaw medical procedures without truly knowing what we’re talking about. 

Edited by Rebound