Is Trudeau trying to cut the world's population in Canada?

Just now, Goddess said:

I see what you're getting at.  And yes, this is one of the things why lawsuits have been and will continue to be successful.

If the mandate or requirement is there when you are hired, you can choose to work there or not.  But employers cannot add a mandate after you're already there and if they do, they must compensate you if you leave and you can collect EI.

Yes, I work.  I have a great job with a boss who also sees the BS so jabbers and masks have never been required and won't ever be.

Good thing too - the jabbed ones at work are barely healthy enough to work right now and they're 10-20 years younger than me.

Not sure if an employer can add requirements to the employment criteria. I suspect that if there is health issue that could endanger other workers, I believe they can.

There are rules and regs set by WSIB , Employment Act and so forth. I am not familiar enough with the whole deal bu I am pretty sure any health and safety issue can be mandated.

In the COVID situation, a great many, if not all , unions demanded restrictions. I am not sure what non compliance would have resulting for the union worker. The union is in a real messed up position, demanding restriction but obligated to defend their workers.

i am very sure there are many people that are taking advantage of the situation (taking time off using COVID as an excuse.

My Son just told me of a union employee that did not show for work. Did not answer the phone or respond. So he sent another worker over to do a "wellness check", being concerned for the guy. When the guy eventually answered the door, he told his co-worker he partied all night long and felt like shit. The co worker reported back to my Son. When the guy called in he claimed he felt bad and did a home test and was positive for covid and was taking the 5 days off. When my Son told him what the other guy said he just said the other guy was full of shit.  Who is telling the truth? Or is someone taking advantage of the situation?

51 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Not sure if an employer can add requirements to the employment criteria. I suspect that if there is health issue that could endanger other workers, I believe they can.

There are rules and regs set by WSIB , Employment Act and so forth. I am not familiar enough with the whole deal bu I am pretty sure any health and safety issue can be mandated.

In the COVID situation, a great many, if not all , unions demanded restrictions. I am not sure what non compliance would have resulting for the union worker. The union is in a real messed up position, demanding restriction but obligated to defend their workers.

i am very sure there are many people that are taking advantage of the situation (taking time off using COVID as an excuse.

My Son just told me of a union employee that did not show for work. Did not answer the phone or respond. So he sent another worker over to do a "wellness check", being concerned for the guy. When the guy eventually answered the door, he told his co-worker he partied all night long and felt like shit. The co worker reported back to my Son. When the guy called in he claimed he felt bad and did a home test and was positive for covid and was taking the 5 days off. When my Son told him what the other guy said he just said the other guy was full of shit.  Who is telling the truth? Or is someone taking advantage of the situation?

Where have you been living?  These situations have been the norm in workplaces for a long time.

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

Then what's the point of moving, they are clearly powerful enough to get you wherever you live, given all the world leaders they have on their "guest speaker" list.

There’s a few US states left that are trying to maintain freedoms and sensible education.  Chicago was learning online most of the pandemic.  New York and California had draconian measures like ours.  The US at least has the power to act independently.  Canada is an easy mark under Trudeau.  

58 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

My coworkers aren't claiming covid.  One is now hypertensive and on meds for that.  She often gets dizzy, nauseous and starts barfing at work.  Can't do parts of the job now.

Although the one has supposedly had covid 3 times now, in addition to her regular HBP issues now.  Mind you, she tests almost every day and given the failure % of the tests, it's hard to say if she's actually had it 3 times or not.  Either way, she quarantines for the required time and reports she never felt any symptoms - just the positive test.  **shrug**  Who knows.

The other one was off work for 6 weeks with bronchitis.  She tried to come back at 3 weeks but couldn't work.  2 rounds of antibiotics and a course of steroids, she's finally back after just over 6 weeks, but she's still coughing and short of breath.  The other guy is just sick al the time now.  One cold or flu after another.  He's only 24.  There's only one jabbed guy at work that seems to be okay.  My boss and I - unjabbed - just can't believe how sick they all got after the jabs.  Neither him or myself has been sick at all.  Good thing, because at this point, it's just the 2 of us keeping the show running.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

If possible, yes.  The great minds want to save us all.  It’s on citizens and local governments to push back.

Well, at risk of sounding like a broken record, what are you waiting for? Around here even the local regional district is assumed to have been taken over by Nazi/commies (how about we use the word nammies or commzies to describe the new left?). I mean even discussing property line setbacks and by-laws variances over Zoom was deemed to be a sure sign of our Nazi/commie-fication.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, at risk of sounding like a broken record, what are you waiting for? Around here even the local regional district is assumed to have been taken over by Nazi/commies (how about we use the word nammies or commzies to describe the new left?). I mean even discussing property line setbacks and by-laws variances over Zoom was deemed to be a sure sign of our Nazi/commie-fication.

I can’t hear you through the tinfoil

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

There’s a few US states left that are trying to maintain freedoms and sensible education.  Chicago was learning online most of the pandemic.  New York and California had draconian measures like ours.  The US at least has the power to act independently.  Canada is an easy mark under Trudeau.  

A few? Out of 50?

The Provinces are the ones that run the health care in Canada, just like the States do in the US. The President made federal rulings just as Trudeau made federal rulings and the States did their thing, as the Provinces did here.

13 hours ago, Goddess said:

My coworkers aren't claiming covid.  One is now hypertensive and on meds for that.  She often gets dizzy, nauseous and starts barfing at work.  Can't do parts of the job now.

Although the one has supposedly had covid 3 times now, in addition to her regular HBP issues now.  Mind you, she tests almost every day and given the failure % of the tests, it's hard to say if she's actually had it 3 times or not.  Either way, she quarantines for the required time and reports she never felt any symptoms - just the positive test.  **shrug**  Who knows.

The other one was off work for 6 weeks with bronchitis.  She tried to come back at 3 weeks but couldn't work.  2 rounds of antibiotics and a course of steroids, she's finally back after just over 6 weeks, but she's still coughing and short of breath.  The other guy is just sick al the time now.  One cold or flu after another.  He's only 24.  There's only one jabbed guy at work that seems to be okay.  My boss and I - unjabbed - just can't believe how sick they all got after the jabs.  Neither him or myself has been sick at all.  Good thing, because at this point, it's just the 2 of us keeping the show running.

Yup, I think there are folks out there that play the system.

I think they are the same folks that tried to play the system before but this covid crap made it easier for them.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

A few? Out of 50?

The Provinces are the ones that run the health care in Canada, just like the States do in the US. The President made federal rulings just as Trudeau made federal rulings and the States did their thing, as the Provinces did here.

But all our provinces quickly dispensed with constitutional rights.  It was more understandable early on in the pandemic, but the persistence of mandates and restrictions were a problem.  Our federal government still maintains absurd rules.   Don’t forget your mask when you go to renew your passport and don’t wonder why federal services have fallen apart.  

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Aha, you finally admit to wearing a tinfol hat and cannot hear through it LO

Oh yeah I keep a variety of styles in my closet.

The tinfoil hat is another way to denigrate and dismiss people who don’t agree with government policies.  If you question government approaches you’re a conspiracy theorist, tinfoil hat wearing Trump supporter misogynist-racist with unacceptable views..  It’s just more self-justification from a weak government.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Oh yeah I keep a variety of styles in my closet.

The tinfoil hat is another way to denigrate and dismiss people who don’t agree with government policies.  If you question government approaches you’re a conspiracy theorist, tinfoil hat wearing Trump supporter misogynist-racist with unacceptable views..  It’s just more self-justification from a weak government.  

Yup, I knew it. LOL

I hope you found a good style that fits you today :)

On 8/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I was going to laugh but the joke of this conspiracy folks is getting tired now.

Thanks for the attempt at levity though, I owe you one.

Come on it was a least worth a chuckle 

But seriously I understand your point  but I feel this is a real problem and since you can't reason with ignorance the only way I've found to counter this is to push their conspiracy theories to there logical end in the hopes they realize just how ridiculous they are