The problem with the right as it exists now!

Politicians are mostly used car salesmen these days.  Republicans, Democrats, it doesn’t matter.  Obama stiffed veterans for the better part of a decade. 

Vets are nothing  but lab rats to the military and politicians.  Now Biden is doing it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

As for Stewart being “almost always wrong” we know that’s just another fake accusation you make against anyone and everyone who says things you don’t want to hear. 

Nah...It just seems that way to you because it almost always is you on the receiving end.

And I don't think of it as an accusation so much as an observation.

But you and Jon Boy couldn't find where Cruz and the republicans got the idea there was a budgetary gimmick that allowed the dems to turn Vet money into democrat pork.

So I found it for you and it turns out you could actually find it if you looked. But now it also turns out you found some Dems who when confronted with it give us the equivalent of "Pork? What Pork?"

Well, surprise, surprise...

But at least we now know the rest of the story.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

Here it is again in case you missed it:

"

The PACT Act as written includes a budget gimmick that would allow $400 billion of current law spending to be moved from the discretionary to the mandatory spending category. This provision is completely unnecessary to achieve the PACT Act’s stated goal of expanding health care and other benefits for veterans. However, it would enable an additional $400 billion in future discretionary spending completely unrelated to veterans. By failing to remove this gimmick, Congress would effectively be using an important veterans care bill to hide a massive, unrelated spending binge."

And again because you seem to believe there was only one source for the information:

"

Deep in the NBC story, the reporters acknowledged that “Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Penn., who voted against the legislation in June, has remained vocally critical of the bill. Yesterday, after the vote, he said that the bill included a “budget gimmick” that moved $400 billion over 10 years from “discretionary to the mandatory spending category,” which he considered unreasonable.”1  

I then investigated what the House must have debated about the bill and found Claudia Tenney’s (R-NY) Congressional Representative Website:  “I voted “No” on the Sergeant First Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act. I strongly support efforts to deliver much-needed relief to veterans suffering from exposure to dangerous toxins… Unfortunately, this legislation, as considered by the House of Representatives, used an accounting trick to shift the spending from discretionary to mandatory, which could open the door to even further reckless spending by President Biden, Speaker Pelosi, and Leader Schumer despite inflation recently hitting a 41-year-high of 9.1  However, I will continue to work with colleagues on both sides of the aisle to improve upon this concern and ensure that we keep our commitment to veterans and deliver the care, resources, and support they need and deserve.”2

The 28 JUL 2022 US Senate vote on the PACT Act happened just hours after Senator Manchin changed his mind and supported the $739 Billion Inflation Reduction Act, which is the watered down version of Biden’s elusive Build Back Better Act.  With the $400 Billion accounting trick built into the PACT Act, the Democrats have over $1 Trillion in new spending planned as the country officially enters a recession (2 negative growth quarters in a row) and has 9.1% inflation largely due to excessive government spending on Biden’s watch.  Even Amazon mogul Jeff Bezos, who is an ardent supporter of the democrat party commented in May 2022, “They know inflation hurts the neediest most.  Remember the administration tried their best to add another $3.5 Trillion to federal spending.  They failed but if but if they had succeeded, inflation would be even higher than it is today and inflation is at a 40 year high.”3  "

And what is actually claimed on Senator Toomey's website is his:

"technical fix does not reduce spending on veterans by even $1 or affect the expansion of care and benefits in the underlying bill."

• Like 2

But this might be the best one because there are first source links embedded within so you can check the claims:

https://thepostmillennial.com/receipts-jack-posobiec-burns-jon-stewart-after-uninformed-meltdown-over-senate-veterans-bill

"

When the Senate GOP declined to pass the PACT Act this week, comedian and pundit Jon Stewart blasted from for what he termed voting against veterans. But as Human Events Daily's Jack Posobiec pointed out, the senators weren't voting against veterans, they were voting against a random $400 billion that had been snuck into the bill.

Posobiec took a look at the bill, which was passed in June, but then required to be put up for a revote after the House made a change to the legislation. The change in the bill up for a vote before the Senate, according to the Congressional Budget Office, was to the tune of $400 billion in completely unrelated spending.

https://thepostmillennial.com/receipts-jack-posobiec-burns-jon-stewart-after-uninformed-meltdown-over-senate-veterans-bill

House - https://cbo.gov/system/files/2022-02/HR3967_RCP.pdf…

Senate - cbo.gov/system/files/2

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Nah...It just seems that way to you because it almost always is you on the receiving end.

And I don't think of it as an accusation so much as an observation.

But you and Jon Boy couldn't find where Cruz and the republicans got the idea there was a budgetary gimmick that allowed the dems to turn Vet money into democrat pork.

So I found it for you and it turns out you could actually find it if you looked. But now it also turns out you found some Dems who when confronted with it give us the equivalent of "Pork? What Pork?"

Well, surprise, surprise...

But at least we now know the rest of the story.

You didn’t find anything and you still don’t get it. It’s clear you don’t even understand the copy/paste you regurgitated here. 

19 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

But this might be the best one because there are first source links embedded within so you can check the claims:

"

When the Senate GOP declined to pass the PACT Act this week, comedian and pundit Jon Stewart blasted from for what he termed voting against veterans. But as Human Events Daily's Jack Posobiec pointed out, the senators weren't voting against veterans, they were voting against a random $400 billion that had been snuck into the bill.

Posobiec took a look at the bill, which was passed in June, but then required to be put up for a revote after the House made a change to the legislation. The change in the bill up for a vote before the Senate, according to the Congressional Budget Office, was to the tune of $400 billion in completely unrelated spending.

House - https://cbo.gov/system/files/2022-02/HR3967_RCP.pdf…

Senate - cbo.gov/system/files/2

How many times do I have to say it:  

1) the so-called “accounting trick” provision was in the original  bill when Republicans passed it the first time. Your own copy-paste which you probably didn’t even read or understand admits that

2) It’s not an “accounting trick” to make it mandatory instead of discretionary budget item

3) Nowhere does the legislation “open the door” to unrelated or “random” spending It moves RELATED VA spending to mandatory which is still subject to appropriation scrutiny through normal process

4) clearly the motive was to pwn the Dems in retaliation for Dems passing the Inflation Reduction Act which is why the Republicans were partying like it’s 1999 after condemning those veterans to die  

All you’re doing is copy-pasting Republicans baseless claims  issued by their spokespeople. Why don’t you show us the actual proof that backs up these claims?   Where’s the paragraph in the bill that authorizes hundreds of billions of unrelated spending?  Why don’t you quote that instead of your politician’s spokesperson’s  propaganda?

As usual, just like the BIG LIE and all your other baseless conspiracy theories, your claims  are just zero-evidence bullshit that you gullibly accept and believe without question 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

How many times do I have to say it:  

1) the so-called “accounting trick” provision was in the original  bill when Republicans passed it the first time. Your own copy-paste which you probably didn’t even read or understand admits that

Actually what I and multiple others are calling it is a "budgetary gimmick" so I'm not sure who you're supposed to be quoting.

And are you talking about this?

On June 23, when the Senate deliberated the PACT Act after a cloture vote, Toomey expressed his concerns with the language of the bill. He argued that there already was $400 billion allocated in the discretionary spending budget, and that moving it to the mandatory spending budget would be nothing more than a "gimmick" to avoid spending caps. The senator said his amendment to keep the budget under discretionary spending would prevent the potential for "huge excessive spending" in other categories.

You should have gone to the link and kept reading. They go on...

"Officials from Sen. Toomey’s office also cited a provision they said was added to the PACT Act right before the debate of the bill on the Senate floor, which stated that any discretionary budget funds related to burn pits could become classified as mandatory spending."

I get the feeling you still don't understand what it's all about though.

Here, try this one:

Who exactly is sabotaging the PACT Act?

He explains the nit to the gritty from both sides. In fact at one point you'll think he's on your side and post that to me like that's all there is in there but grit your teeth and keep reading because I promise you I'll post you the rest if you don't.

Edited by Infidel Dog

8 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

For Example….?

And I mean provide an example where Dems blocked something that made the difference in someones life or death like in this case , not blocking an airport expansion or oil drilling or something.

Republicans have a ling track record of shit like this especially relating to any sort of publicly funded healthcare which they universally hate even for veterans.  

The Rona lockdowns. 

9 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Actually what I and multiple others are calling it is a "budgetary gimmick" so I'm not sure who you're supposed to be quoting.

And are you talking about this?

You should have gone to the link and kept reading. They go on...

"Officials from Sen. Toomey’s office also cited a provision they said was added to the PACT Act right before the debate of the bill on the Senate floor, which stated that any discretionary budget funds related to burn pits could become classified as mandatory spending."

I get the feeling you still don't understand what it's all about though.

Here, try this one:

Who exactly is sabotaging the PACT Act?

He explains the nit to the gritty from both sides. In fact at one point you'll think he's on your side and post that to me like that's all there is in there but grit your teeth and keep reading because I promise you I'll post you the rest if you don't.

Good grief , this lie will work for their small minds for a week or two, then they will say they never said it. Toomey voted against it the first time. His excuse then as it is now is a lie. A cruel evil hateful Anti-American lie.

12 hours ago, sharkman said:

Politicians are mostly used car salesmen these days.  Republicans, Democrats, it doesn’t matter.  Obama stiffed veterans for the better part of a decade. 

Vets are nothing  but lab rats to the military and politicians.  Now Biden is doing it. 

Your hate group voted against the veterans  , and they do it all the time, unless it is a bill that cost nothing or little. You're just a liar , Obama voted against military spending not against the vets like you haters do. Why should America spend the same amount as the rest of the world totally on killl kill kill. You people aren't very bright.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sharkman said:

I’m sorry but I won’t be voting for any of that, jbander.  

Then you're full of crap if veterans are a issue with you, Simple to find out what bills passed and what bills were turned down and who they were written by. It tells the whole story. ace. But you would rather just go with the bullshit when the facts are right in front of you. Typical.

22 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh, and Beave, in case you still don't get why it was Dems that did the dirty regarding the Pact Act and why Jon Stewart is a clueless poser, Ben Shapiro has arrived to explain it all with such crystal clarity even you might understand it.

all "rebuttals" of this post will simply be to attack Ben Shapiro

and not the argument he made

ad hominem incoming

2 hours ago, jbander1A said:

Then you're full of crap if veterans are a issue with you, Simple to find out what bills passed and what bills were turned down and who they were written by. It tells the whole story. ace. But you would rather just go with the bullshit when the facts are right in front of you. Typical.

Hold up, you said I was full of crap last week.  I’m pretty sure I’m only 1/2 full of crap as of this evening, in case you are keeping track.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sharkman said:

Hold up, you said I was full of crap last week.  I’m pretty sure I’m only 1/2 full of crap as of this evening, in case you are keeping track.  

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

all "rebuttals" of this post will simply be to attack Ben Shapiro

and not the argument he made

ad hominem incoming

I never read Ben Shapiro, he is a trumpy liar, which means he is a total liar. I also don't do Fox or Heritage foundation, all for the same reasons./

3 minutes ago, jbander1A said:

I never read Ben Shapiro, he is a trumpy liar, which means he is a total liar. I also don't do Fox or Heritage foundation, all for the same reasons./

ad hominem, right on cue

can't rebut the message

so you attack the messenger

anyone who ever says anything positive about Trump is dismissed as a liar

so you only listen to only the most biased Trump haters

no wonder you're so delusional

Edited by Yzermandius19

Here is the right's claim, that they passed the bill knowing everything that was in it because Schumer said they would be able to amend the bill when it came back to Congress.  I say bullshit. What does Schumer say about him making a deal, he says it is bullshit ? Ya you bet they passed a bill they were against because Schumer said . He said nothing like that . And why do they claim that they are pissed off, it is because of the "$433 billion health, climate, and tax bill. " Being agreed upon , again they say Schumer said that bill was dead. BULL shit , he never said that either. Your party wouldn't or couldn't exist without lies and distortions. You are all idiots. Following a hate driven party of lies.

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

ad hominem, right on cue

can't rebut the message

so you attack the messenger

anyone who ever says anything positive about Trump is dismissed as a liar

so you only listen to only the most biased Trump haters

no wonder you're so delusional

How can I rebut the message after I just told you I won't read Him. Are you that dumb.