20th of September 2021, next federal elections

6 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

So it’s carbon taxes in Canada…. What is it in the USA?

The article I linked to has some explanations by the people that study the issue.  Did you read it?  It also mentioned when the stats Canada figures for and what they compared. 

Interesting links that show your area seems to be affected more than others.  

Yes i read the article, the US and Europe have their own carbon pricing plans as well, that and price gouging could easily bring up prices .

I think it is going to hit large city centers just as hard in the near future, Gas prices are expected to hit over 2.00 a liter sometime in the new year here in NB, and I'M sure in BC it will come even faster they are already at 1.60 plus... add in price gouging, inflation and I'm guessing things are going to get expensive every where.

Perhaps stats can had done the report earlier.

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes i read the article, the US and Europe have their own carbon pricing plans as well, that and price gouging could easily bring up prices .

I think it is going to hit large city centers just as hard in the near future, Gas prices are expected to hit over 2.00 a liter sometime in the new year here in NB, and I'M sure in BC it will come even faster they are already at 1.60 plus... add in price gouging, inflation and I'm guessing things are going to get expensive every where.

Perhaps stats can had done the report earlier.

So you blame Trudeau for this in Canada?  Biden in the USA?  And all the other European leaders?

Or just Trudeau?

28 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So you blame Trudeau for this in Canada?  Biden in the USA?  And all the other European leaders?

Or just Trudeau?

Yes i blame Justin for having bad timing with the carbon tax, i blame him for not doing something to stop price gouging, i blame him for the lack of action in a lot of cases such as doing very little to control the housing prices explosion, etc etc...it all adds up...

Do you really think that with the mess the pandemic put us in, that we also needed to put climate change plans in there as well ones that would further drain funds of Canadians that were struggling...

And yes i do blame the other world leaders for lack of action on their parts as well, but i really don't care what they do, it does not concern me. 

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Yes i blame Justin for having bad timing with the carbon tax, i blame him for not doing something to stop price gouging, i blame him for the lack of action in a lot of cases such as doing very little to control the housing prices explosion, etc etc...it all adds up...

Do you really think that with the mess the pandemic put us in, that we also needed to put climate change plans in there as well ones that would further drain funds of Canadians that were struggling...

And yes i do blame the other world leaders for lack of action on their parts as well, but i really don't care what they do, it does not concern me. 

Lots of blame to go around, eh?  

I saw that the Conservatives finally came around to a carbon tax, albeit slightly different.  Do you think your on the fringes of public opinion on this?

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

I saw that the Conservatives finally came around to a carbon tax, albeit slightly different.  Do you think your on the fringes of public opinion on this?

When you sit in the chair that runs the nation , one would expect a leader to stand up and own the problems but that has not happened...

Climate change was been sold pretty hard, and has convinced a lot of Canadians that it needs to be done yesterday regardless of cost, the majority think it needs to be done tommorrow, and they are OK with it greatly effecting the economy. They did not come around, it was required if they wanted any of the vote.. like i said climate change has been sold hard...

Not at all,

4 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

They’re not conservatives and O’Toole will probably get the boot because of it.  The carbon tax is a further tax on existence in the midst of serious inflation.  The cost of living is soaring out of control and the only mitigation is more government debt.  I feel sorry for future generations.  

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

outside the Overton window and proud of it

fck the carbon tax and the horse it rode in on

Yup, it’s just going to drive down living standards.  Any reduction in emissions will be more than offset by the massive immigration that Trudeau supports.  It will further drive up home prices.