It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:11 AM, OftenWrong said:

Wasnt it the same media that advised people to take astrazenica, then later when it was cancelled to mix it with moderna? Even pfizer to mix with moderna? Those people are rather fucked up now.

Shame on the government for screwing up the message numerous times, and for screwing Canadians who followed their advice in good faith. Theyre the reason people who are well educated m, even health careworkers, dont want the shot.

There are studies that indicate mixing vaccines is effective. 

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/covid-19-vaccine-mixing-astrazeneca-pfizer/

I got AZ/Moderna. My immune response for the second dose was very strong. 

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

There are studies that indicate mixing vaccines is effective. 

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/covid-19-vaccine-mixing-astrazeneca-pfizer/

I got AZ/Moderna. My immune response for the second dose was very strong. 

Has nothing to do with that, Learn whats going on.

Canadians are being told their vaccination status is not recognized in other countries, such as the UK.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Has nothing to do with that, Learn whats going on.

Canadians are being told their vaccination status is not recognized in other countries, such as the UK.

That's a shame. And I suspect it will change soon. 

If countries want tourism to return they'll have to broaden their definition of acceptable vaccination. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/covid-19-vaccine-travel-1.6122633

Canadians shouldn't get too worked up over differences in vaccine acceptance, says Regina-based infectious disease physician Dr. Alexander Wong.

"It's clear that the world is going to have to figure something out," he said. "People will just kind of need to be a little bit patient."

The Canadian government says it's working with its international counterparts to resolve vaccine differences. 

"Over the next number of weeks and months, there may be revisions provided by health authorities around the world with respect to these vaccine regimes," Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc said at a news conference last week. 

The bigger challenge to travel is obtaining a PCR test which costs upwards of $200 to get privately. 

Edited by Boges

29 minutes ago, Boges said:

That's a shame. And I suspect it will change soon. 

If countries want tourism to return they'll have to broaden their definition of acceptable vaccination. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/covid-19-vaccine-travel-1.6122633

The bigger challenge to travel is obtaining a PCR test which costs upwards of $200 to get privately. 

But but but. Maybe this. Move goalposts. 

The WHO stated they dont approve of mix and match, as the research is still largely anecdotal. So if its approved by “countries”, will be yet another example to people like me who pay attention, politics trumps science and medicine.

Thats why its not only dumb people who dont want the vaccine, but also the well informed.

Of which you are neither...

;) 

We can’t sustain these stupid restrictions and travel requirements.  International travel should be unconditional for the fully vaxxed.  The unvaxxed should just have to provide a single negative test result and not have to quarantine.  Soon all test and proof of vaccination documentation requirements should be lifted and the virus allowed to spread.  The vaccinated are protected. The young face more risk from flu.  Those young who are ineligible to get vaccinated can cover up with extra precautions.   

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

But but but. Maybe this. Move goalposts. 

The WHO stated they dont approve of mix and match, as the research is still largely anecdotal. So if its approved by “countries”, will be yet another example to people like me who pay attention, politics trumps science and medicine.

Thats why its not only dumb people who dont want the vaccine, but also the well informed.

Of which you are neither...

;) 

Cite that anecdotal claim? 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01805-2

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57636356

The Com-Cov trial looked at the efficacy of either two doses of Pfizer, two of AstraZeneca, or one of them followed by the other.

All combinations worked well, priming the immune system.

This knowledge could offer flexibility for vaccine rollout, say experts.

The trial results also hint that people who have already received two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine could have a stronger immune response if they were given a different jab as a booster if recommended in the autumn.

The UK's deputy chief medical officer, Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, said there was no reason to change the current successful same dose vaccine schedules in the UK, however, given vaccines were in good supply and saving lives.

But he says it might be something to look at in the future: "Mixing doses could provide us with even greater flexibility for a booster programme, while also supporting countries who have further to go with their vaccine rollouts, and who may be experiencing supply difficulties."

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We can’t sustain these stupid restrictions and travel requirements.  International travel should be unconditional for the fully vaxxed.  The unvaxxed should just have to provide a single negative test result and not have to quarantine.  Soon all test and proof of vaccination documentation requirements should be lifted and the virus allowed to spread.  The vaccinated are protected.  The young face more risk from flu.   Those ineligible to get vaccinated can cover up with extra precautions.   

I agree with this. 

But doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. 

There needs to be a standardized view on vaccinations. Many people in the world aren't as protected as we are in Canada. 

Edited by Boges

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

But, but, but. What are these useless links your flooding us with? I need cite nothing. Just use my brain, man. Everything being posted is filled with political lying anyway. 

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

But, but, but. What are these useless links your flooding us with? I need cite nothing. Just use my brain, man. Everything being posted is filled with political lying anyway. 

Oh so citation that refutes your claim means nothing to you? ?

Just live in your bubble and pretend you're enlightened. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Oh so citation that refutes your claim means nothing to you? ?

Just live in your bubble and pretend you're enlightened. 

Always happy to educate you daily, Boges, so you can know whats going on.

That way you needn’t be sore afraid... ;) 

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Always happy to educate you daily, Boges, so you can know whats going on.

That way you needn’t be sore afraid... ;) 

You probably understand all this less than most on this site. 

The inflated sense of self-worth is staggering. I would assume you were in your early 20's, if you hadn't claimed otherwise. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-526-new-covid-19-cases-no-new-deaths-for-third-day-in-a-row-1.5548705

1/5 of the cases are from fully vaccinated people. Breakthrough infections.

Note that Fully vaccinated make up just shy of 2/3 of Ontarians. 

These numbers appear to be holding. 1/3 of Ontario is making up more than 2/3 of the new COVID cases. 

Vaccination works. 

Edited by Boges

31 minutes ago, Boges said:

You probably understand all this less than most on this site. 

The inflated sense of self-worth is staggering. I would assume you were in your early 20's, if you hadn't claimed otherwise. 

Just more ad hominem useless stuff filling up space, Boges. You won't get a response from me unless you try to do better than this.

Next step. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-covid-vaccines-requirement-health-care-education-1.6143378

Employers in Ontario's public education and several key health-care settings will need to have COVID-19 vaccination policies in place for staff in the coming weeks, the province announced Tuesday.

As the provincial government navigates a fourth wave of the pandemic, it issued a news release saying the policies are required to help combat spread of the highly infectious delta variant as fall and winter approach. 

Ontario will therefore remain in the final step of its "Roadmap to Reopen" plan for now, pressing pause on further lifting remaining restrictions and workplace safety measures — despite surpassing vaccination targets. The province will also offer booster shots to certain vulnerable populations and expand eligibility for vaccination to children turning 12 this year.

34 minutes ago, Boges said:

Yeah, unvaccinated people are going to be treated like pariah. 

I'm all for it. 

Amazing, those health care workers. Just a few months ago they were our heroes, working directly with hands on the sick, working to save lives of people with Covid-19. They busted their asses to save us. But that was so yesterday. Who the hell are they to decide what's best for themselves, and their health.

Amazing, those health care workers. Just a few months ago they were our heroes, working directly with hands on the sick, working to save lives of people with Covid-19. They busted their asses to save us. But that was so yesterday. Who the hell are they to decide what's best for themselves, and their health.

..and the health of those they treat. 

56 minutes ago, Boges said:

..and the health of those they treat. 

Yeah, who the hell are they to know about that.

Also I guess that hospital policy for the past 50 years concerning these things has been based on a false science. Same goes for all knowledge related to vaccine programs.

Again, who are they to know about these things, having to deal with viral outbreaks in the clinical setting all the time? I mean daily.

Because in our haste to come up with ill-informed knee-jerk reactionary policy we know what's better.

We certainly don't want to overwhelm the hospitals with covid patients. But no one is seriously talking about ways to increase capacity for that specific problem.

The advice given on AZ and mixing vaccines is the perfect advice.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

We certainly don't want to overwhelm the hospitals with covid patients. But no one is seriously talking about ways to increase capacity for that specific problem.

No we're talking about ways to prevent people from getting critically from this disease. 

Being proactive! 

I hope you enjoy your time as a pariah! 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

No we're talking about ways to prevent people from getting critically from this disease. 

Being proactive! 

I hope you enjoy your time as a pariah! 

Thought this was about vaccine passports, but hey whatever. It's your thread.

I guess you can derail it if you want.

Thought this was about vaccine passports, but hey whatever. It's your thread.

I guess you can derail it if you want.

Well the more private businesses that buy into the vaccine passport, the less things Unvaxxed people will be able to do. 

It's not fascist, it's capitalism. 

I’m against vaccine passports because it removes freedoms for all as everyone has to show their papers to do normal activities like go to a restaurant or gym.  It won’t eliminate Covid or ensure that everyone gets vaccinated.

I’ll state it for the umpteenth time: Most people who are eligible for a vaccine have gotten it.   The ineligible are at greater risk of dying from flu than Covid.  We don’t need mandatory restrictions.  It should be on individuals now to protect themselves as they see fit.  What was the point of vaccination, to continue masking and restrictions and to add vaccine passports?   The ICU’s and hospitals are quiet.

The biggest challenge is returning society to normalcy because governments and public health agencies aren’t dispelling the media sensationalism over a so-called “4th wave” and rare counter-examples of child deaths, when 15 children have died in Canada of Covid since the start of the pandemic.  

Edited by Zeitgeist