It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Why is nobody asking that additional facilities and resources be built?

Takes time there's certainly not enough time for this pandemic - as common sense would clearly tell you.  If you want that to happen in time for the next pandemic, tell your representative.

New people trained and brought in. Make covid facilities. We can call them sanitariums.

See above.

Although, I'd ask the question - why should the taxpayer be on the hook for people who are so entitled, they think it's ok to use the excuse of "personal freedom" to overwhelm our health care system, then demand that 'more hospitals/staff' be provided.  Why should the few be allowed to put the burden on the many?

All the nursing graduates should be offered a course to fast-track towards training in covid treatment, then guaranteed jobs as soon as they graduate.

Student nurses have already been hired in Ontario (and other places around the world).  Early in the pandemic, BC implemented a program to quickly train people to assist with the pandemic; in addition, they've budgeted millions of dollars to support additional health care training.  Nursing grads are now choosing the private sector instead of hospital to work, because they don't want the stress and burnout the current pandemic is visiting on health care professionals.

But these are just the ideas of a simple man.

Indeed.

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1

I think one of the (many) strangest things about this whole covid situation is the people who previously were very vocal about how "Mainstream media is bad, lying, biased, bought by the government" and "Big Pharma is bad, killing people, only out for it's own money  interests."  Suddenly, to these same people, mainstream media is the only one telling the truth and Big Pharma is great and only wants the best for us all.

It's really quite an about-face in a very short time and baffling to me.

Edited by Goddess

28 minutes ago, Goddess said:

For an illness with a mortality rate of less than 1%?  ?

It's under 2%, but for the sake of argument, I'll go with 1%.   There's 37.5 million people in Canada; 28,000 have already died.  But hey "it's only a few" - I don't need to worry, you say, and reducing that death toll isn't important enough for me to support vaccines.

In addition, among the ~1,5 million people in Canada who've 'recovered' from Covid, there are up to 12% of them who could suffer long term effects from Covid - some of them weren't even very sick. That's 180,000 people who may or may not be able to ever work again, or ever regain their old life. But again, you just casually dismiss this as less important than people who could be vaccinated, but choose not to under the flimsiest of 'reasons'.

Even if the Covid deniers/"freedom" folks only number 1/2 of a percentage of the total population of Canada, that's 185,000 people at risk, and 1,800 who are at risk of dying.  But again, the harm that you support is irrelevant to you.

I know none of these numbers are set in stone  - that future research could adjust them up or done.  Still, the way so many dismiss of the seriousness of this disease, and the refusal to do their part to make this disease virtually disappear is stunningly selfish.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I think one of the (many) strangest things about this whole covid situation is the people who previously were very vocal about how "Mainstream media is bad, lying, biased, bought by the government" and "Big Pharma is bad, killing people, only out for it's own money  interests."  Suddenly, to these same people, mainstream media is the only one telling the truth and Big Pharma is great and only wants the best for us all.

The Mainstream media is publishing what public health officials are reporting.

Much of it is publicly available. 

Now if you feel they are lying, that's another story. 

"Big Pharma" has done a lot of good in society. We wouldn't have the lifespans we do if it wasn't for medical study and innovation. 

49 minutes ago, Boges said:

"Big Pharma" has done a lot of good in society. We wouldn't have the lifespans we do if it wasn't for medical study and innovation. 

I believe it's way past the time to re-evaluate how we are dealing with covid.

You should listen to Bret and Heather Weinstein podcasts on it.  You'd think very differently about your proposal to ship perfectly healthy people off to concentration camps for not getting the vax.

From the start, we've known the benefits of taking Vit. D, C and zinc for covid prevention and yet this low-hanging fruit is not even being discussed in the media or by public health officials. Why not?

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

It's under 2%, but for the sake of argument, I'll go with 1%.   There's 37.5 million people in Canada; 28,000 have already died. 

Expressed as a fraction Worldometer tells us 712/1,000,000 have died in Canada from covid.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

So to find out how many that is of a hundred wouldn't I just move the decimal point over 4 spaces. My math's more than a little rusty but wouldn't that be .07 percent?

7 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Expressed as a fraction Worldometer tells us 712/1,000,000 have died in Canada from covid.

So to find out how many that is of a hundred wouldn't I just move the decimal point over 4 spaces. My math's more than a little rusty but wouldn't that be .07 percent?

The threat is miniscule to the average person, but people like Boges and Dialamah want everyone lined up in front of a firing squad.  She has more sympathy for terrorists than people who are vax- hesitant.

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Your linked website says there's a 2% fatality rate, and that 1% of the currently infected people are critically ill.  

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The threat is miniscule to the average person, but people like Boges and Dialamah want everyone lined up in front of a firing squad.  She has more sympathy for terrorists than people who are vax- hesitant.

Silly girl. I don't think Covid deniers/vaccine "hesitant" should be lined up and shot; I think they should get a clue - there are enough out there.   I even feel bad for them when they get sick, when they end up in the hospital gasping for breath, when they are on ventilators and when they die.  I think it's too bad they are so gullible, and believe zinc and vitamin A and horse dewormer will protect them from Covid.

I have no sympathy for terrorists - that's just what you tell yourself when I point out that its wrong to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few. 

Also: 

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

it's baffling to me how you'd miss the obvious - it's the ones who are very vocal about distrusting MSM/BigPharma (Taxme, OW, Infidel Dog, etc) who are the ones who are denying the seriousness of Covid and denying the efficacy of the vaccine.   It's the ones who can think for themselves who understand there isn't a huge plot to enslave us all or some such.  People are dying; health care workers are burnt out, medical systems are collapsing.  But never mind that - millions of people around the world are lying to us about the disease, about the deaths, about the vaccine.  

10 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

That's 2% of the cases that have had an outcome. You were saying deaths were 2% of the population.

Goddess referenced "Mortality rate" claiming it was "less than 1%".  I corrected that figure to 2%; but you are right in that it wasn't very clear thereafter, as I did mention the entire population of Canada.  My bad for being clumsy in my writing.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Big Pharma has also done a lot of harm too. Thalidomide jumps to mind. But hears a list of the top ten lawsuits paid out by Big Pharma:

https://www.enjuris.com/blog/resources/largest-pharmaceutical-settlements-lawsuits/

Here's one I'd be surprised to hear the MSM was telling you about. Pfizer is coming out with a twice daily pill that supposed to treat Covid. What's most cute about that though is the pill is built using the active ingredient that some medical professionals have been saying is what makes Ivermectin an effective therapeutic.

The thing about therapeutics like Ivermectin and hydroxochloryquine is they're cheap and have been available for some time. That's why Big Pharma doesn't want you to know they work.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

For an illness with a mortality rate of less than 1%?  ?

Why wouldn't she?

Mortality rate, or death rate,[2]:189, 69 is a measure of the number of deaths (in general, or due to a specific cause) in a particular population

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortality_rate

The Covid mortality rate of Canada is .07%

You found a box listing the percentage of deaths in active cases and called that "mortality rate." Not sure but I believe what you were looking at is called "Case Fatality."

But cut the guff. You knew all along what she meant. You gave the raw figures per population of Canada. You didn't think anybody would go to the effort of figuring it out. BTW your raw death number was also off by a thousand.

10 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Big Pharma has also done a lot of harm too. Thalidomide jumps to mind. But hears a list of the top ten lawsuits paid out by Big Pharma:

https://www.enjuris.com/blog/resources/largest-pharmaceutical-settlements-lawsuits/

Here's one I'd be surprised to hear the MSM was telling you about. Pfizer is coming out with a twice daily pill that supposed to treat Covid. What's most cute about that though is the pill is built using the active ingredient that some medical professionals have been saying is what makes Ivermectin an effective therapeutic.

No MSM, eh?  Did you even check before making such a claim?  Or did you just believe what your echo chamber told you?

Unless you are trying to claim that Reuters and CNBC aren't MSM?

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

No MSM, eh?  Did you even check before making such a claim?  Or did you just believe what your echo chamber told you?

Unless you are trying to claim that Reuters and CNBC aren't MSM?

Just skimmed the one from Reuters. I didn't see any mention of the fact they're aping what works in Ivermectin. That's the point. That's what they don't want you to know. They've been pushing the slur that Ivermectin is just a horse pill even though humans have been using it on themselves for different things for years and there's all kinds of evidence it has been effective at subduing Covid if you start in the early stage of the disease.

Edited by Infidel Dog

30 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Silly girl. I don't think Covid deniers/vaccine "hesitant" should be lined up and shot; I think they should get a clue - there are enough out there.   I even feel bad for them when they get sick, when they end up in the hospital gasping for breath, when they are on ventilators and when they die.  I think it's too bad they are so gullible, and believe zinc and vitamin A and horse dewormer will protect them from Covid.

I have no sympathy for terrorists - that's just what you tell yourself when I point out that its wrong to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few. 

Also: 

it's baffling to me how you'd miss the obvious - it's the ones who are very vocal about distrusting MSM/BigPharma (Taxme, OW, Infidel Dog, etc) who are the ones who are denying the seriousness of Covid and denying the efficacy of the vaccine.   It's the ones who can think for themselves who understand there isn't a huge plot to enslave us all or some such.  People are dying; health care workers are burnt out, medical systems are collapsing.  But never mind that - millions of people around the world are lying to us about the disease, about the deaths, about the vaccine.  

At least I'm researching my choice.

If the predictions by many doctors and scientists are true and the long-term effects of an experimental vaccine forced on the public include critical heart conditions and a surge in cancers and ICU's and hospitals being inundated by the cases, just remember that you and Boges choose to be placed in refrigerated coolers where dead bodies belong.

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I didn't see any mention of the fact they're aping what works in Ivermectin.

Me neither.  And not even the Pfizer website says that.  It's clearly some made up bullshit that you'll believe is true because no one who knows what they are talking about are saying it.

9 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

But cut the guff.

In fact, I'm looking things up to see if you are right, and I am wrong ... because you know, I have an open mind and can admit if I made a mistake.  But I'm sure not going to take your word for it.

Actually, I believe I read it in Breitbart. I have the link but it's in another computer. I can get it to you later but let's be honest, you think you're above it. You wouldn't read it. Some might not think that's so superior. Some might think that's choosing ignorance.

And if you really are researching you just have to scroll up. She was referring to the covid "mortality rate" of Canada and you knew that because even though your raw figure was wrong you gave raw figures needed to calculate the covid "mortality rate" of Canada. Then you mocked her for being (as it turned out) correct.