It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-icu-fourth-wave-internal-modelling-icu-capacity-1.6174329

Alberta ICU occupancy is higher than it was in the Spring. 

So they're all just lying? 

I’m sure there’s some pressure but it’s not a crisis.  A lot of politicization and exaggeration afoot. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-icu-fourth-wave-internal-modelling-icu-capacity-1.6174329

Alberta ICU occupancy is higher than it was in the Spring. 

So they're all just lying? 

OK. Occupancy is higher than in the spring. We're getting into flu season again.

There is still 98.5% of acute care beds available.  And you're calling for denial of healthcare and sending anyone not vaxed  to refrigerated coolers.  And you ignore information that healthcare budget cuts and dismissals of doctors and nurses are likely a major factor here, as well.  I think you'd do better to demand that be resolved than call for concentration camps for the un-vaxxed.

Your reaction is over-the-top.  When someone bumps into you accidently, do you also stab them to death?  When your kids spilled a drink, did you beat them senseless?  You seem like that kind of person.

15 hours ago, Goddess said:

OK. Occupancy is higher than in the spring. We're getting into flu season again.

There is still 98.5% of acute care beds available.  And you're calling for denial of healthcare and sending anyone not vaxed  to refrigerated coolers.  And you ignore information that healthcare budget cuts and dismissals of doctors and nurses are likely a major factor here, as well.  I think you'd do better to demand that be resolved than call for concentration camps for the un-vaxxed.

Your reaction is over-the-top.  When someone bumps into you accidently, do you also stab them to death?  When your kids spilled a drink, did you beat them senseless?  You seem like that kind of person.

The spring was the height of the 3rd wave. 

You still haven't given a cite for your 98.5% stat. 

Also cite that Healthcare budgets have been cut during a pandemic. 

20 hours ago, Boges said:

Oh, well I expect courts to overturn these measures in short order then. . . Oh wait. 

The UK government did so pre-emptively, based on a review of current laws. They agreed the mandate cannot stand if it were challenged in court.

Thats because they remain apart from EU, they have a right to pre-determination. Had they not engaged Brexit, would be same as all the Euro-slaves out there.

And yet, was not even a political decision. It was made on highly rational argument. You should look it up.

Brits remain the last bastion of free and intelligent society, although just barely. Meanwhile other countries respond by shuttering courts.

God Save the Queen.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

And you'd know this how? 

Maybe he doesn't just read the government-paid-for mass media?  Maybe he considers other viewpoints, perspectives and experiences?  Maybe he is able to use common sense and rational thinking more so than you are?

Edited by Goddess

Just now, Goddess said:

Maybe he doesn't just read the government-paid-for mass media?  Maybe he considers other viewpoints?

All media is paid for? 

If he considers other viewpoints, he's not sharing them. 

It sounds like all the opinions and "facts" coming from are propaganda and/or completely anecdotal. 

From the AHS Website. 

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/br/Page17594.aspx

Surgical Reduction by Zone

The rise in COVID-19 cases in the community and the resulting demand on hospital resources means AHS must take further immediate steps to create additional ICU capacity. AHS is postponing scheduled surgeries and procedures across all zones in order to redeploy staff. All patients who are affected will be contacted directly by AHS.

This is why Anti-Vaxxers aren't just effecting their own personal space by refusing to get vaccinated. 

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

From the AHS Website. 

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/br/Page17594.aspx

This is why Anti-Vaxxers aren't just effecting their own personal space by refusing to get vaccinated. 

I guess you have forgotten that they did this at the beginning of covid too.  Made the beds available by not filling them and postponing surgeries in anticipation of large numbers of covid patients.  When that didn't happen, they opened them back up.  Since there is now around 80% vaccinated, I'm not sure why they are doing this again.  There should be LESS covid patients now, yes?  I mean, the vaccine is working and no vaxxed persons are using ICU's, yes?

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

I guess you have forgotten that they did this at the beginning of covid too.  Made the beds available by not filling them and postponing surgeries in anticipation of large numbers of covid patients.  When that didn't happen, they opened them back up.  Since there is now around 80% vaccinated, I'm not sure why they are doing this again.  There should be LESS covid patients now, yes?

In the post, they say it "IS" happening. 

Alberta is only 78% first dose vaccinated. It's 70% Full vaccinated amongst eligible. 

5 minutes ago, Shady said:

Which is their right.  Get over it already.

You're full of shit. Again how's that court case coming? 

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Finally.  You get the point.  With so many vaxxed and the vax being of course, the cure for covid, there really shouldn't be a problem.

Well there are still plenty that aren't. As seen by reports of ICU occupancy being high. All before the weather starts getting cold. 

BTW Alberta is one of the provinces that isn't trying to prevent future outbreaks from the unvaxxed by implementing a narrow vaccine passport for activities where transmission is high.

So I'm not sure what the problem is. 

Like most thinking people, I've often wondered why so many of the German public went along with the governmental propaganda which advocated the segregation and social outcasting of the Jews.  And I've wondered how I would have reacted?  Would I just go along with the propaganda?  Would I rationalize that it was for the good of society?  Would I disagree but keep my mouth shut about it?

This has sure cleared up any lingering doubts I had about whether I would blindly follow government propaganda and participate in the outcasting and segregation of certain of my fellow citizens and denying them of basic human rights, such as healthcare and employment.

I also see in plain black and white English right here, the thinking that leads to such tragedies and the stark refusal to see anything other than the propaganda or address any of the arguments.

Just "The unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed and our economy and life as we know it.  They must be stopped, shut out of society and outcasted."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Like most thinking people, I've often wondered why so many of the German public went along with the governmental propaganda which advocated the segregation and social outcasting of the Jews.  And I've wondered how I would have reacted?  Would I just go along with the propaganda?  Would I rationalize that it was for the good of society?  Would I disagree but keep my mouth shut about it?

This has sure cleared up any lingering doubts I had about whether I would blindly follow government propaganda and participate in the outcasting and segregation of certain of my fellow citizens and denying them of basic human rights, such as healthcare and employment.

I also see in plain black and white English right here, the thinking that leads to such tragedies and the stark refusal to see anything other than the propaganda or address any of the arguments.

Just "The unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed and our economy and life as we know it.  They must be stopped, shut out of society and outcasted."

You should be ashamed of this pathetic level of Godwinism. To compare what's going on today with Nazism is at best dumb and at worst a cynical way to conflate the biggest evil in history with public health guidelines. 

The truth is the spark of Nazism came from groups like Anti-Vaxxers that violently protest the laws of the day. That's the way Hitler came to power. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Goddess said:

I'm not. I see the similarities in everything you espouse.  There are some differences, but there are too many similarities to ignore.

Some?!?!?!? 

You're comparing blaming an ethnic minority for the loss of a World War and excising them from society only to later try to exterminate them to a public health measure aimed at reducing death in the same population that refuses the vaccine. 

It's an offensive comparison. Anti Vaxxers are only being excluded from activities that were pretty much made illegal at the beginning of the pandemic.

They aren't being made to wear a Yellow Star, they aren't being walled off in ghettos! 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

They aren't being made to wear a Yellow Star, they aren't being walled off in ghettos! 

As you know, it didn't start that way.  And this IS what you are advocating for - a visible sign that a person is an outcast and wanting them segregated from society.

Why do you think so many unions, groups and legal experts are challenging the passports, which you passionately want?

Maybe if you put just a fraction of that passion into demanding the end of healthcare cuts which are leaving hospitals understaffed and closing beds and cutting nurses and doctors.......there wouldn't be a crisis.  Especially with the vast majority of the herd vaxxed.

Edited by Goddess

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

As you know, it didn't start that way.  And this IS what you are advocating for - a visible sign that a person is an outcast and wanting them segregated from society.

Yes it started like a party similar to the PPC. 

Why do you think so many unions, groups and legal experts are challenging the passports, which you passionately want?

A vaccine passport is overwhelmingly popular. There's no political appetite to challenge it in the 3 most populous provinces. 

Maybe if you put just a fraction of that passion into demanding the end of healthcare cuts which are leaving hospitals understaffed and closing beds and cutting nurses and doctors.......there wouldn't be a crisis.  Especially with the vast majority of the herd vaxxed.

Up until the Pandemic, the Conservative opinion was that we're spending too much for Healthcare and a portion of it should be privatized. 

O'Toole advocates for a 2 tiered system.