Majority of Americans support Trump Impeachment

believe that significant numbers of R's and D's still accept the propaganda narratives they are spoonfed from their trusted news sources, and fail to delve a little deeper into the story a little below the surface. 

So, what jumps out at me is one that...in fact actually comes from a Washington Post source, but this one has facts and numbers to go with it:

Beyond the predilection for red hats and overwhelming whiteness of the Capitol rioters, little was known about the MAGA true-believers who stormed the seat of government on January 6. But a clearer picture of what type of person was present is starting to emerge. The Washington Post shared a new analysis saying more than half of those facing criminal charges for their role in the riots had suffered major financial setbacks such as bankruptcy, foreclosure or tax liens.

The paper found that nearly 60 percent of the 125 defendants for whom they could find significant financial information had gone through an economic shock of some sort in the recent past. Their histories were littered with evictions and unpaid tax debt, and their rate of bankruptcy was nearly twice the national average.

"I think what you’re finding is more than just economic insecurity but a deep-seated feeling of precarity about their personal situation,” American University political science professor Cynthia Miller-Idriss. “And that precarity — combined with a sense of betrayal or anger that someone is taking something away — mobilized a lot of people that day.”

The Post’s findings were bolstered by another study from the University of Chicago, which compared the defendants to right-wing extremists arrested by the FBI in recent years. They found the Capitol rioters were older and had more white-collar workers than the extremists.

Though the studies taken together paint a picture of aggrieved members of the upper middle-class, who are suffering unfamiliar setbacks along with most citizens of the United States in this uniquely inequal era, many people on social media were offended by the reporting. Operating on the idea that equality means moving over to make room under the boot, some people felt compelled to share the indignities they’ve suffered without rioting.

https://news.yahoo.com/large-number-people-charged-capitol-224039552.html

What this all tells me is that the same motivations that are driving young blacks to join BLM and take to the streets as they hear about the next round of police shootings, while unemployed mostly-white college students join antifa groups to protest police, college loan debts, all seem to be joining together because of their personal feelings of despair about the future. 

What all these groups are missing is that they are all on the down escalator to the bottom, while a small, entitled minority (less than 1%) and about 10% - professional support staff, are the only ones benefiting while the vast majority end up in grinding poverty. 

And it shouldn't come as a surprise that their main goal is to keep the commoners divided and fighting amongst themselves, and especially not notice who is actually running the game and how much we're all being cheated by a tiny class of undeserving rich who've found the magic money machine, and keep using it to buy up more and more real estate and other real assets, and drive costs out of reach for average people who have to work to earn their money! 

6 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

believe that significant numbers of R's and D's still accept the propaganda narratives they are spoonfed from their trusted news sources, and fail to delve a little deeper into the story a little below the surface. 

So, what jumps out at me is one that...in fact actually comes from a Washington Post source, but this one has facts and numbers to go with it:

https://news.yahoo.com/large-number-people-charged-capitol-224039552.html

What this all tells me is that the same motivations that are driving young blacks to join BLM and take to the streets as they hear about the next round of police shootings, while unemployed mostly-white college students join antifa groups to protest police, college loan debts, all seem to be joining together because of their personal feelings of despair about the future. 

What all these groups are missing is that they are all on the down escalator to the bottom, while a small, entitled minority (less than 1%) and about 10% - professional support staff, are the only ones benefiting while the vast majority end up in grinding poverty. 

And it shouldn't come as a surprise that their main goal is to keep the commoners divided and fighting amongst themselves, and especially not notice who is actually running the game and how much we're all being cheated by a tiny class of undeserving rich who've found the magic money machine, and keep using it to buy up more and more real estate and other real assets, and drive costs out of reach for average people who have to work to earn their money! 

agreed.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 4:20 PM, godzilla said:

but its the majority... and will be an interesting metric as Trump attempts to continue his influence. as since the jan 6 insurrection attempt he's incapable of being elected.

He is also incapable of using his Twitter account and other social media because of a lifetime ban. Some people who aren't thinking too carefully about this, because platforms like Twitter, have been turned into pseudo-public squares, where virtually everyone participates. It should not be up to bearded dweeb - Jack Dorsey or space boy Zuckerberg to decide who does and does not get to play on their playgrounds that they have turned into monopolies through a variety of legal and illegal tactics.

Same goes for the other FAANGS members. If a court or some civil action determines that Donald Trump has abused the public trust and should be shunned off the airwaves and social media, that's how it should be handled. When it's by the whims of corporate oligarchs and the minions who work in their interests, then we can expect......well, what has already been happening for a few years now: the worst, most egregious actors are allowed to keep their accounts humming along, while many are banned and silenced for no justifiable reasons, other than perhaps preaching the wrong politics, or the wrong information.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

other than perhaps preaching the wrong politics, or the wrong information.

or violent insurrection.

when Trump found out that Mike Pence had fled Senate floor then Trump tweeted that Pence was guilty of not having the guts and the mob immediately started looking for him.

look, if things had turned out differently... and numerous lawmakers had been dragged out naked and hung in the streets, and then Trump promoted marching on state capitols on twitter. how long do you think it would take for any business who ran their communication channels to shut it down? the feds shut down shit like that all the time, twitter and amazon were just being pro-active. its a business decision and not a political one.

a lifetime ban might be a bit too much... but at the same time, if this is all thats to be expected by a user then fuckem. i mean, as a business owner i see through the eyes of those guys... its my business and i own it so don't tell me how i should run my business. thats big government! thats nanny state!

Edited by godzilla

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The majority want him impeached, you say? Too bad the other majority has been kicked off twitter, facebook and instagram. I guess we'll never hear from those bastards again.

From downtown Washington DC:  Impeachment Island...the reality show. (cheers)

(voice over) While impeaching non-sitting Presidents is our main job, the Congress & Senate can also devote some time to impeaching the little guy...little guys just like you! (applause)

With your loving hosts: Chucky "You Vill Obey" Schumer and Nancy "No Mask-Will Travel" Pelosi.

Tune in daily to see who in Middle America gets canceled and sent to Impeachment Island! (cheers & applause) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, godzilla said:

or violent insurrection.

when Trump found out that Mike Pence had fled Senate floor then Trump tweeted that Pence was guilty of not having the guts and the mob immediately started looking for him.

look, if things had turned out differently... and numerous lawmakers had been dragged out naked and hung in the streets, and then Trump promoted marching on state capitols on twitter. how long do you think it would take for any business who ran their communication channels to shut it down? the feds shut down shit like that all the time, twitter and amazon were just being pro-active. its a business decision and not a political one.

a lifetime ban might be a bit too much... but at the same time, if this is all thats to be expected by a user then fuckem. i mean, as a business owner i see through the eyes of those guys... its my business and i own it so don't tell me how i should run my business. thats big government! thats nanny state!

I forget now who mentioned it, but some US observers who know the Constitution and law, are pointing out that a criminal trial would be a more effective setting for any charges against Trump than a meaningless impeachment that will supposedly prevent him from running for office again...considering he's 75 and after a lifetime cheeseburger diet, how much time has he got left anyway? 

What really gets lost, and likely deliberately in all this impeachment drama is WHAT ABOUT everyone actually involved in the riots and breakins and assaults at the Capitol? A lot of J-20 protesters...if you remember that one from 2016, recall that they were just trying to march in front of the White House with signs, and were all charged for 'violence' that was likely committed by government agents and provocateurs - a few broken windows and a car set on fire. 

Riot police came out with full battle gear and wielding clubs at majority female demonstrators for being on the street/ while the Trump allies on Jan. 6 were allowed to walk right in and make themselves at home! I suspect part of this was a deliberate setup. Many times authorities will allow a demonstration to get out of control, so they have an excuse for an extreme crackdown, we can see now with laws changing that will criminalize groups and any individuals who ever said anything considered supportive of the rioters. 

I think this is how Democrats just let Trump open his big mouth one more time and really put his foot in it, as they knew he would disregard his advisers and throw caution to the wind, and be forever tarnished by the results of what happens when people who should have known better, listen to what he says and try to follow his advice.

35 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

I forget now who mentioned it, but some US observers who know the Constitution and law, are pointing out that a criminal trial would be a more effective setting for any charges against Trump than a meaningless impeachment that will supposedly prevent him from running for office again...considering he's 75 and after a lifetime cheeseburger diet, how much time has he got left anyway? 

What really gets lost, and likely deliberately in all this impeachment drama is WHAT ABOUT everyone actually involved in the riots and breakins and assaults at the Capitol? A lot of J-20 protesters...if you remember that one from 2016, recall that they were just trying to march in front of the White House with signs, and were all charged for 'violence' that was likely committed by government agents and provocateurs - a few broken windows and a car set on fire. 

Riot police came out with full battle gear and wielding clubs at majority female demonstrators for being on the street/ while the Trump allies on Jan. 6 were allowed to walk right in and make themselves at home! I suspect part of this was a deliberate setup. Many times authorities will allow a demonstration to get out of control, so they have an excuse for an extreme crackdown, we can see now with laws changing that will criminalize groups and any individuals who ever said anything considered supportive of the rioters. 

I think this is how Democrats just let Trump open his big mouth one more time and really put his foot in it, as they knew he would disregard his advisers and throw caution to the wind, and be forever tarnished by the results of what happens when people who should have known better, listen to what he says and try to follow his advice.

agreed.

• Like 1