U.K. trade agreement exposes the PM for what he is

As if we don't have enough bad news these days, our pathetic excuse of a Prime Minister just pulled another commie/fascist move by strengthening our economy.

That's right. Instead of blocking immigration or just letting people have fun in the middle of a pandemic, the yellow coward wasted his precious time by filling a gaping hole in the EU trade agreement after Brexit. Like the dictator he is, he just went ahead and did something about it, and Canada's economy will now be that much stronger. In short, the PM and his government did their job. The utter incompetence of Le Fool is astounding.

How can conservative hero Boris Johnson smile and joke with the little worm and praise the deal to the hilt, as if it was a good idea? Doesn't he know the little puke is a Liberal?

Don't bother going to the link and seeing how a leader does his job. It goes to the CBC so you know it's all lies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-uk-transitional-trade-agreement-1.5811269

"The Canada-United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement extends the elimination of tariffs on 98 per cent of goods exported between the two countries and sets the stage for negotiations toward a permanent and more ambitious deal in the new year."

Edited by Minnetonka
format
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, ok, fun post but will this actually help him politically... Anywhere?

Trade deals like the TPP didn't really help anyone politically from what I can tell.

Doing his job responsibly, like signing this trade deal, is good for Trudeau politically as far as I'm concerned, even if it wasn't politically motivated. When I'm weighing the pros and cons of the government at the next election, this will be solidly on the pro side.

The wild-eyed ravings against the PM culled from the internet and vomited forth on this forum certainly serve only to hurt him politically. I invite any rabid anti-intellectual conspiracy theorist here to explain why Trudeau should not get credit for this deal, presumably because he's simultaneously a commie and a fascist.

Take all the time you need, people. I'm not holding my breath.

This is exactly the sort of smug, triumphant sort of post which makes so many people despise urban liberals. Crowing over something they actually know almost nothing about, just because THEIR guy did it. Even if their guy had almost nothing to do with it. They're like Trumpists in that way. Trump signs something put before him and they all shout in praise of his towering accomplishment. So we see how the political zealots of the left and political zealots of the right are mirrors of each other.

For the record, Trudeau opposed Brexit. His attitude about redoing the trade deal afterward sounded like that of a sulky boy who wanted to punish the UK for not making the decision he wanted. His response boiled down to "Yeah, well, maybe we'll get around to some sort of trade deal to replace the EU one but it's sure not any sort of priority for me."

So Trudeau didn't initiate it. He didn't negotiate any of it. He probably read and understands none of it. All he's done is eventually sign what everyone else agreed to.

And his slavish devotees shout their praise and weep at the sight of his pretty hair and the sound of his well-practiced earnest voice.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Minnetonka said:

1. Doing his job responsibly, like signing this trade deal, is good for Trudeau politically as far as I'm concerned, even if it wasn't politically motivated. When I'm weighing the pros and cons of the government at the next election, this will be solidly on the pro side.

2. The wild-eyed ravings against the PM culled from the internet and vomited forth on this forum certainly serve only to hurt him politically. I invite any rabid anti-intellectual conspiracy theorist here to explain why Trudeau should not get credit for this deal, presumably because he's simultaneously a commie and a fascist.

1. Really I see it continuing Harper's work.  It's fine.
2. Yeah I agree.  Honestly you should go to the source and start carpet bombing these idiots with facts.  I do it now all the time.  Go straight to the hornet's next and start spraying Raid.  

That said, Trudeau is always a day or two away from losing my vote... 

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Yeah I agree.  Honestly you should go to the source and start carpet bombing these idiots with facts.  I do it now all the time.  Go straight to the hornet's next and start spraying Raid. 

Aren't you the guy who keeps insisting you're a centrist, or even a conservative?

The overseas Commonwealth-countries have all of a sudden become very precious friends for the UK as the EU will act like a jealous partner who has been rejected and will make life for the UK as difficult as possible.

You in Canada can ask the UK why you weren't considered so good friends prior to 2016.

20 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Really I see it continuing Harper's work.  It's fine.

That said, Trudeau is always a day or two away from losing my vote... 

1. No argument from me there. Trudeau inherited a stable economy and he had the utter gall to build on it, the snivelling little puke.;)

2. Is there enough Raid in the world?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Argus said:

This is exactly the sort of smug, triumphant sort of post...

This is exactly the sort of bitter, overzealous, knee-jerk attitude that made me start this thread. Did Trudeau run over your puppy or something?

The Trudeau government built up the economy and kept unemployment low largely, I presume, through international trade deals. He spent the first year in office promoting and signing them as if that was a high priority for him. Can't you admit that to yourself?

22 hours ago, Minnetonka said:

Doing his job responsibly, like signing this trade deal, is good for Trudeau politically as far as I'm concerned, even if it wasn't politically motivated. When I'm weighing the pros and cons of the government at the next election, this will be solidly on the pro side.

The wild-eyed ravings against the PM culled from the internet and vomited forth on this forum certainly serve only to hurt him politically. I invite any rabid anti-intellectual conspiracy theorist here to explain why Trudeau should not get credit for this deal, presumably because he's simultaneously a commie and a fascist.

Take all the time you need, people. I'm not holding my breath.

I take it your waiting for a big Atta boy, for the world to acknowledge our boy has done something good for the country. OK ATTA boy Justin. So what do we do now, are we to forgive him for all his past scandals, ethic breach's, the handling of Miss Rabolt, I think once we weigh the pros and cons, the cons pile will be over whelming.. But not to you , your a liberal it is you that has already made up your mind on who your voting for, so why all the drama.      

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, Minnetonka said:

Doing his job responsibly, like signing this trade deal, is good for Trudeau politically as far as I'm concerned,

It would be literally impossible for him to be PM for 5 years and not accomplish at least one thing Minnetonka, and let's be honest, signing a trade agreement with the UK isn't the miracle that you're making it out to be.

You do know that Canada and England have been allies for quite a while, right?

I'll admit one thing, this is much bigger than peace in the middle east.

5 hours ago, Minnetonka said:

The Trudeau government built up the economy and kept unemployment low largely, I presume, through international trade deals. He spent the first year in office promoting and signing them as if that was a high priority for him. Can't you admit that to yourself?

Your adoration for Mr Socks causes you to lavish him with praise for all sorts of things he had little to do with, and completely forgive him for all other responsibilities. That's okay. That's what being in a cult is all about, after all. As the Trumpists go, so too goes the worshipers of the Little Potato.

Trudeau inherited an economy, as you say, which was working well, and a balanced budget. He immediately put us back into deficit, then shrugged off his promises to get back into balance by the end of his term, replacing it with "Never". You cannot point to a single Trudeau driven imitative he had which improved the economy, just that he eventually signed the agreements already in negotiation when he was elected.  The one free trade initiative he launched ended in total flameout, that being with China.

On the other hand, I can point to his idiotic fixation on climate change for jobs we've lost, as he does his best to destroy the resource sector. I can also point to his incompetence on the covid issue, an incompetence which has already cost many lives (and harmed the economy) and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Incidentally, you're starting to sound like someone I knew here before. Not your first time here, I'm guesing

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Army Guy said:

...your a liberal it is you that has already made up your mind on who your voting for, so why all the drama.      

I voted for Trudeau once in two elections. I'm not a card-carrying Liberal nor Conservative nor NDP nor Communist nor Fascist.

Now tell me whose mind is already made up and then accuses me of it.

12 minutes ago, Minnetonka said:

The poster in question has expressed overwhelming feelings of hate upon seeing the PM at Remembrance Day services.  I think that people need to be reminded that identity politics is a dead end in getting us to devise policy to help Canadians.

Michael Chong put forward a bill to push back in China and the first thing I thought was "interesting... I wonder what he has to say..." not "I was seething with hate because he is a..." [fill in the blanks]

22 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It would be literally impossible for him to be PM for 5 years and not accomplish at least one thing Minnetonka, and let's be honest, signing a trade agreement with the UK isn't the miracle that you're making it out to be.

If you'll point out where I made it out to be miraculous, I'll retract it immediately with an apology. Deal?

It would also be literally impossible for him to be PM for five years and accomplish only one thing, too, don't you think? Can you think of one more accomplishment of the PM's? Just one more?

I won't heap abuse on you if you do, but I can't speak for everyone here.

3 hours ago, Minnetonka said:

I voted for Trudeau once in two elections. I'm not a card-carrying Liberal nor Conservative nor NDP nor Communist nor Fascist.

No your a liberal with a chip on your shoulder, like most liberals or should I say those that support the left side of politics, it is funney that it only took me to read a few of your posts to make that deduction. It's the liberal attitude that gives you away. You know the one, where everything that is from the right is garbage, and you will not hear, debate or change your position. 

Your right, todate I've not heard much from the left that I agree with, but I am willing to listen, unlike my liberal friends.   

3 hours ago, Minnetonka said:

If you'll point out where I made it out to be miraculous, I'll retract it immediately with an apology. Deal?

It would also be literally impossible for him to be PM for five years and accomplish only one thing, too, don't you think? Can you think of one more accomplishment of the PM's? Just one more?

I won't heap abuse on you if you do, but I can't speak for everyone here.

You went on about how much it strengthened the economy and how "this is how a leader does his job..." as if what he did was extremely praiseworthy. 

"Trudeau got out of bed today and he put on his pants one leg at a time, like a true leader. Then he brushed his teeth, to stay dreamy...."

Yeah ok Minnetonka, the trade deal with UK was nothing short of astounding buddy. This brings Trudeau's average level of leadership from a negative seven out of ten to a negative 6.9 out of ten. He crushed it. 

Praise where it's due, right?

4 hours ago, Minnetonka said:

Given  your sweeping mockery and sneering there is absolutely no doubt your mind is locked tight. You might waver a bit between the NDP and Liberals depending on which offers more leftist policies and free money, but that's as far as your 'free thinking' goes.

• Like 1