Jump to content

Border crossings for some but not for others.


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

You have to allow for repatriation. 

And Canadians are property owners in the US, and vice versa.

 

Flying to the U.S. is not repatriation for a Canadian...they can also go by car.     Public health should trump property ownership.

 

Quote

Make no mistake, the volume is 95% of what it was. 

Looks like the Federal government is going to let Baseball teams in. 

 

All that does is undermine public perception of the severity and encourages non-compliance.

Sports teams crossing the border is the least important activity of all.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Flying to the U.S. is not repatriation for a Canadian...they can also go by car.     Public health should trump property ownership.

The return flight is. Don't Americans want to be repatriated? 

If the US had the same 2 week Quarantine, perhaps there'd be even less flights. 

 

Quote

 

All that does is undermine public perception of the severity and encourages non-compliance.

Sports teams crossing the border is the least important activity of all.

 

It appears the Blue Jays are going to get approval. Their stadium has a hotel, it'll be its own bubble. 

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/toronto-blue-jays-rogers-centre-upcoming-season-1.5631598

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Boges said:

The return flight is. Don't Americans want to be repatriated? 

If the US had the same 2 week Quarantine, perhaps there'd be even less flights.

 

It's not that big a deal now...and doesn't absolutely require airline travel, which was a primary vector for COVID to begin with.

 

Quote

It appears the Blue Jays are going to get approval. Their stadium has a hotel, it'll be its own bubble. 

 

 

Will quickly collapse when players test positive.   There is no compelling reason for professional sports to open except for lost revenue to players, owners, vendors, and other employees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Too bad....they are going bankrupt anyway.   A business should be able to survive without relying on Canadians hoarding cheaper milk or picking up their packages at a U.S. address to beat customs and taxes.   America is a "cesspool", remember ?

In the sixties America was not a cesspool. It was once a great British/European country that had a great vibrant healthy future and culture that believed in more freedom, less government, and less taxes. Today in America, America is starting to become a socialist country just like socialist Canada has become. Most of your politicians have now become nothing more than a bunch of leftist liberal/democrat puppets on a string for the deep state globalist cabal just like we have it here in Canada also. Our Canadian politicians can never be trusted with our freedoms anymore. They are actually starting to look and act like they hate this once great British/European country every day, and are trying to turn Canada into a multicultural pile of 3rd world hodge-podge of way too many cultures, languages, and religions. A recipe for disaster. Canada may soon start to look like and become a cesspool in another decade or so if our present day socialist/communist Canadian 3rd world immigration policy is allowed to continue on. Dam bloody sad indeed. 

And I am pretty sure that you are a democrat and you are probably enjoying watching America become a BLM/Antifa cesspool, eh? Trump is not your enemy. You only want to make Trump your enemy because of the lying leftist liberal/democrat supporting MSM that has convinced you that Trump is one big bad bogyman. You will pay dearly for that attitude if your hero Biden becomes President. Then you will surely become a real cesspool. I know that you have said that you are black, and if Biden becomes the President, it will be your sorry azz that Biden will be coming for. What did Obama and Biden ever do for black people when they were in office? Sweet dyk all. it's your country, and your call, fella.  

PS: People have always been known to go to where the deals and bargains will be found. Sadly, because of all the taxes and rules and regulations in this socialist country, it costs way more to live. The ones who are hoarding all the cheap milk are the East Indians who would go down to the COSTCO store in Bellingham, and stood there and waited for the store to bring out the pallets of milk. When the pallets of milk were finally brought out, the East Indians would jump on the pallets of milk, and pretty much grab it all, and left the Americans with no milk on the pallets. Why? Because milk is cheaper in Bellingham, and they make yogurt from milk. I guess they do like their yogurt. But gas and other products are cheaper in America also. After all, was it not too long ago that senior American citizen's were coming to Canada to buy their drugs? It works both ways, fella. Hello! ;)

Edited by taxme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

That's why Canadians who want to play the two week quarantine game should stay on your side of the border.   Even the provinces have restricted travel inside the country, but Americans can travel to Alaska ?    Doesn't make any sense.

Canadian media is reporting more hotspots and outbreaks in several cities to help keep the panic and government control going.

Boo !

 

 

That is why I am not going into the states these days. I do not want to have to come back to Canada, and be forced to have to stay locked down for two weeks. I cannot even go into the states anyway. The land border is shut down. I am now a prisoner in my own country and province. An f'n joke indeed. Indeed, that was also one dam dumb and stupid thing for all provinces to be doing was to restrict travel between provinces. More of an f'n joke. Allowing Americans to be able to travel thru Canada if they are going to Alaska which does not make any sense at all. They could be carrying the big bad dreaded virus. They could fly there instead.

The whole thing is a bloody joke of a hoax but yet there are just too many dam fools in Canada and the states that still want to believe that this virus is all for real. More hot spots and outbreaks being reported by the lying Canadian media is just another way for our dear comrade leaders to continue to hang onto their new found dyktator control and power over they the stupid people. Our politicians want to keep us all in a state of fear and panic. Only covidiots will still believe their lies and bull chit. Boo alright. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, taxme said:

That is why I am not going into the states these days. I do not want to have to come back to Canada, and be forced to have to stay locked down for two weeks. I cannot even go into the states anyway. The land border is shut down. I am now a prisoner in my own country and province.

 

The U.S. border has always been more of a gateway and access for Canadians than Americans.    I can go anywhere in the USA and there are no two week lock downs.    The border looms larger on your side of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

The U.S. border has always been more of a gateway and access for Canadians than Americans.    I can go anywhere in the USA and there are no two week lock downs.    The border looms larger on your side of it.

Where do you get that idea?  We can fly into the US without quarantine.  My understanding is that Americans can’t fly into Canada unless for essential reasons.  Business flows in both directions in equal volumes.  I would worry about next winter, however.  If Florida doesn’t watch the rise in cases, that will hurt traffic flowing south, and not just from Canada.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Where do you get that idea?  We can fly into the US without quarantine.  My understanding is that Americans can’t fly into Canada unless for essential reasons.  Business flows in both directions in equal volumes.  I would worry about next winter, however.  If Florida doesn’t watch the rise in cases, that will hurt traffic flowing south, and not just from Canada.  

 

Where ?  From your federal and provincial governments.   If you fly back...two weeks in der kooler.

Business may have flowed, but Canadians crossed the border at twice the volume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Where ?  From your federal and provincial governments.   If you fly back...two weeks in der kooler.

Business may have flowed, but Canadians crossed the border at twice the volume.

Well winter is too long here and it’s nice to get out of it for a while — but not if the risk of ending up on a respirator is too high.  This is going to be the problem going forward, staying open without having a surge.  Hard to do everywhere.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Boges said:

If the Covid numbers are a false flag operation then the GOP governors and Mike Pence are all in on it. 

They've pulled back on re-opening efforts. 

The reason that the Covid numbers are rising up in some states, that have pretty much opened up already, is because those states are all now planning on having Trump rallies. So, just like what happened in Tulsa, Oklahoma where the lying American media started to spread the lies that the Covid stats were going up in Tulsa, was all just a bloody lie to try and discourage as many Trump supporters as they can to not go to Trump's rally in Tulsa. It's was all just to keep people into a state of fear and panic in the hopes that no one would show up. Since when did the American lying media ever give a shit about rising virus numbers in Tulsa anyway? I guess when Trump has a rally in Tulsa, eh? It's so bloody obvious as to what the democratic supporting lying media are up to these days. Sadly, most Americans and Canadians cannot seem to be able to figure that one out yet. I guess that they still want to believe the fake and lying democratic controlled media, their lying politicians, and their so called health experts no matter what.  

So now, the lying American media are doing the same thing again but now to those states, like Florida and other states, that are planning on having Trump rallies, and are reporting that the Covid stats are rising up in those states. Just more lies by the American media to try and scare the Trump supporters to death that they should not be going to any Trump rallies. Just stay away and be safe, and continue on practicing social distancing or more like social engineering. Just a coincidence by chance, eh? My arse. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well winter is too long here and it’s nice to get out of it for a while — but not if the risk of ending up on a respirator is too high.  This is going to be the problem going forward, staying open without having a surge.  Hard to do everywhere.  

 

Well, I suppose getting away from the Canadian winter has been the usual expectation and practice in the past, but COVID barriers and restrictions are likely to remain in place for the USA.    This will disrupt the usual snowbird travel patterns.    Canadians can go elsewhere of course.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

All the more reason to just shut it down to expose and starve all the cross border fun and games.

This is not the European Union, and all the bitching about America should welcome a thicker border.

 

The only people that you seem to want to hurt are Canadians like me who are only to dam happy to have America as their next door neighbor, and to be able to travel to America anytime like we once were able to do, and enjoy all that America has to offer Canadians like me, and you are hurting some of your own fellow Americans who do enjoy coming to Canada for a drive or a holiday. Europe is very expensive to travel too. Indeed, it is those anti-Americans that I do hope starve as they have no real love or reason to hate America at all. Those anti-American hater morons have been brainwashed by the leftist liberal Canadian lying and fake bought off media, like the CBC, that they should hate America. Most of them also no doubt watch too much CNN. The hate America hard on crowd never happened all that much at all when Obamarama was the President. But now that Trump is the President, it is all about hate Trump and America time. Canada has become a bastion for a bunch of liberal/socialist/communist haters of America and Trump. You appear to want to pick a fight with a friend of America. Deplorable. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

The U.S. border has always been more of a gateway and access for Canadians than Americans.    I can go anywhere in the USA and there are no two week lock downs.    The border looms larger on your side of it.

Come on, eh? There have been many states that have stopped Americans from entering into each other's states. Just saying. ;) 

Edited by taxme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, taxme said:

.... You appear to want to pick a fight with a friend of America. Deplorable. :unsure:

 

Canada has been going down this course for a very long time...long before Trump or COVID.

Anti-American hate from many but not all Canadians means that you are stuck with any backlash too.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Where do you get that idea?  We can fly into the US without quarantine.  My understanding is that Americans can’t fly into Canada unless for essential reasons.  Business flows in both directions in equal volumes.  I would worry about next winter, however.  If Florida doesn’t watch the rise in cases, that will hurt traffic flowing south, and not just from Canada.  

America needs just as much Canadian tourist business and trade just as much as Canada needs American tourist business and trade. The state of Florida, Arizona, and Commiefornia is flooded with thousands of Canadians every winter time bringing in plenty of revenue and jobs to those states. I think that BC just hates Canada.

I wonder what it would be like if the tables were turned and all of the southern states in America belonged to Canada? I wonder if BC would still want to stay away or come visit southern Canada because we had a nice warm place to go in the winter time. I bet that he would just love to visit Southern Canada in the winter time. BC is just lucky that the nice warm places in North America are all in the south and all belong to America. Canadians have no choice but to drive and travel to southern America to get some warm sunshine in the winter time. 

What we have been having to put up for months now will be nothing compared to what the deep state globalist cabal have in store for America and Canada. That will only depend on who ends up becoming the President in the next American election. A Trump victory will mean no more Covid 19 bullshit. A Biden victory will just mean more Covid 19 and be a victory for the globalists. It's really that serious now. This is a fight for freedom or a fight for communism. Believe it or not. ;)

PS: As far as I know, Canadians are quarantined if they return from the states. 

Edited by taxme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, taxme said:

I wonder what it would be like if the tables were turned and all of the southern states in America belonged to Canada? I wonder if BC would still want to stay away or come visit southern Canada because we had a nice warm place to go in the winter time. I bet that he would just love to visit Southern Canada in the winter time. BC is just lucky that the nice warm places in North America are all in the south and all belong to America. Canadians have no choice but to drive and travel to southern America to get some warm sunshine in the winter time.

 

Tough bounce....I live farther north than Toronto and have no desire to "escape" from my cold part of the country...I actually enjoy it.   Moved from San Diego, California almost 40 years ago.    There are lots of other places for Canadians to go besides the USA.

 

Quote

What we have been having to put up for months now will be nothing compared to what the deep state globalist cabal have in store for America and Canada. That will only depend on who ends up becoming the President in the next American election. A Trump victory will mean no more Covid 19 bullshit. A Biden victory will just mean more Covid 19 and be a victory for the globalists. It's really that serious now. This is a fight for freedom or a fight for communism. Believe it or not. ;)

 

Another good reason to keep the border closed.   Canada has already gone over to the state globalist side, importing more refugees, and basing attacks on the USA.    Trump exposed the true nature of the economic and cultural relationship...no more need to pretend otherwise.   

Canada still likes to pretend that the border is still the longest unprotected area in the world, but that hasn't been true for at least 20 years.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well winter is too long here and it’s nice to get out of it for a while — but not if the risk of ending up on a respirator is too high.  This is going to be the problem going forward, staying open without having a surge.  Hard to do everywhere.  

Just stop believing in this China virus and we can all get back to the old normal. But as long as Americans and Canadians want to keep playing this China virus game, travelling anywhere is going to be a bitch. Rumor has it that we all may need what is called a Covi-Pass, a globalist cabal plan, to be able to travel anywhere in the world. Look it up on the internet. I and my wife have been waiting for months now for my new Nexus Pass card. What is taking it so long to get it? I wonder if this has anything to do with the Cove-Pass? Hey, we never know, eh? 

The new normal is really starting to scare the hell out of me. Something is going on out there but I am just cannot seem to be able to put my finger on it. Just saying. ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Nope...just checkpoints.

 

 

22 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Nope...just checkpoints.

 

So, what happens at that checkpoint if you are tested and have been told that you have the virus bug or look like you have the bug? Will that state still allow you in or turn you away? 

Just asking. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

 

So, what happens at that checkpoint if you are tested and have been told that you have the virus bug or look like you have the bug? Will that state still allow you in or turn you away? 

Just asking. ;)

 

Their residency status is confirmed and they are asked to provide an address and contact information.  

Quarantining can be recommended but not ordered or enforced.  Lawsuits have already been filed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Tough bounce....I live farther north than Toronto and have no desire to "escape" from my cold part of the country...I actually enjoy it.   Moved from San Diego, California almost 40 years ago.    There are lots of other places for Canadians to go besides the USA.

 

 

Another good reason to keep the border closed.   Canada has already gone over to the state globalist side, importing more refugees, and basing attacks on the USA.    Trump exposed the true nature of the economic and cultural relationship...no more need to pretend otherwise.   

Canada still likes to pretend that the border is still the longest unprotected area in the world, but that hasn't been true for at least 20 years.

 

Yup, there is always Mexico or the Caribbean but most Canadians prefer to spend most of their time in the southern parts of the states in the winter time. Tough bounce. :D

As long as Canadians keep voting in socialists and communists, and keep importing more new third world voting immigrants into Canada, the longer those two ism's mentioned will stay in power. Massive 3rd world Immigration means less conservatism Canada will see or get. Those new immigrants could careless about Canada at all. They immigrate here for the money, and the goodies offered, and will vote for the party that let them in. Believe it or not. 

I miss those good old days decades ago when we could all just walk across our two borders without all that much fear of being stopped and arrested. Some places in Vermont, the citizen's on both sides of the border were just able to walk from one side of the border to the other side of the border without any problems or questions asked. But this all came to an end when the deep state globalist cabal were able to bring down the two Twin Towers. After that, Canadians found it a lot harder to enter America pretty much without a passport or a Nexus card. Up to that time, Canadians and Americans got along just fine. Now there are some morons who want hatred to exist between our two countries. So sad indeed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

...I miss those good old days decades ago when we could all just walk across our two borders without all that much fear of being stopped and arrested. Some places in Vermont, the citizen's on both sides of the border were just able to walk from one side of the border to the other side of the border without any problems or questions asked. But this all came to an end when the deep state globalist cabal were able to bring down the two Twin Towers. After that, Canadians found it a lot harder to enter America pretty much without a passport or a Nexus card. Up to that time, Canadians and Americans got along just fine. Now there are some morons who want hatred to exist between our two countries. So sad indeed. 

 

That's right...those days are long gone.   Mexico has to deal with it too.    These are sovereign nations with armed borders now, with lots of money being spent to stop all the illegal activity and enforce the law.   Some people think it is a game to be played..over and over again.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Their residency status is confirmed and they are asked to provide an address and contact information.  

Quarantining can be recommended but not ordered or enforced.  Lawsuits have already been filed.

 

Well, at least you were given a choice to quarantine yourself or not. But here in commie Canada, that is not the case. The last that I heard was that if anyone wants to drive from New Brunswick into Nova Scotia one must quarantine themselves for two weeks. How gawd dam stupid is that. This country is so screwed up. I blame our politicians for this. 

What has happened to freedom in Canada these days? Are there any patriots left in this country who will stand up and fight for freedom in Canada anymore? It seems like the majority of Canadians have lost all the will to fight and have just learned to accept what is told to them without question or a whimper and give up their freedoms for safety bull chit instead. I would prefer to keep my freedom rather than accept socialist government controlled safety. Today, I kind of wish that I were an American citizen to being a Canadian citizen as things are not looking all so great these days here in Canuckistan. We appear to have dyktators as political leaders rather than having freedom loving politicians. We have what looks like a bunch of communists here in Canada sitting or standing on your American door step. Better watch out for them. They want you in their communist clan. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, taxme said:

....We appear to have dyktators as political leaders rather than having freedom loving politicians. We have what looks like a bunch of communists here in Canada sitting or standing on your American door step. Better watch out for them. They want you in their communist clan. :lol:

 

Yep...and that's another reason to keep the border locked down.   If Canada wants to go in a different direction, that's your choice.

The longer and tighter the border is locked down, the more exposed Canada's government will be for policies and dependencies.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,692
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Gator
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Caswell Thomas went up a rank
      Experienced
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Collaborator
    • Gator went up a rank
      Enthusiast
    • Gator earned a badge
      Dedicated
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...