Hello, Mr. Trudeau! Welcome to the wonderful world of ... Gun-Control Legislation!!

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Fine, leave the permitted weapons alone, but I don’t trust Joe Shmuck with the power to easily take a human life.  Hunting rifles won’t disappear and they can do plenty of damage.  Don’t make it easier for stupid people to wreak havoc.  

Knives and guns are neck and neck over the past 5 years or so for number of kills.

If we lived in a place where no one had guns, would violent criminals be emboldened? If you were 6'6 and weighed 275 lbs you'd feel like you could break and enter homes with impunity? Especially those of seniors. 

No one who lives in the country, 30 mins away from a police station, will ever give up their guns. A lot of times they have livestock to protect, live around bear or big cats, etc. 

If you ever think about breaking into the home of a senior citizen who lives in the country just drop by a shooting range and watch some of those geezers blast clay pigeons. You'd have a better chance against Rambo.  

I'm not sure why our PM is targeting assault-style rifles because handguns are actually far more popular for murder. Apprx 3x as much. https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/cv.action?pid=3510007201

The number of people killed by rifles and shotguns combines is 1/3 that of knives. How many of those are shotguns? How many are bolt-action rifles? By a rough estimation, assault-style rifles are not a great concern to the general public. 5th or 6th on the list. It could be very close to fire, which is a worse way to go imo.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, Tdot said:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/trudeau-guncontrol-canadashooting/2020/04/21/id/964025/?ns_mail_uid=20127e4a-112c-4eba-b5e4-a0ec4d47ccff&ns_mail_job=DM107084_04222020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010104suqxl1

... This will get interesting now ... 

Since ol' Justin can accomplish his goal only by way of alienating his GOP-Republican allies in the USA.

Without a doubt the most stupid of attempts to inflamme yet.  Why would the US not want every  country in the world except its own to be unarmed?

In spit of the idiotic attempts to troll and ignoring those attempts on the topic of the proposed gun control I would say this:

1- the current Firearms Act does NOT make a distinction between what is called  a"miitary-style" weapon and other long guns or what are commonly called rifles; when politicians like Trudeau trow out he word "assault rifle" they do not specify what they mean by that because they have no idea what actual caliber rifle they mean- any rifle, any long arm, in a general sense is an assault rifle in that it kills; 3-when the media presents stories on mass killings with gunmen, it uses the word "assault rifle".

I would then argue because of 1-3, before I render any comment about proposed changes to the law, I want to see the wording as to what will be defined as an assault rifle. Trudeau caims there will be a ban of  1,500 categories of rifles he claims are only used to kill people. How he determined this is unknown.

Interestingly as of 2018, the Small Arms Survey said  there were an estimated 34.7 firearms per 100 people of "licensed" weapons. That is one of the highest rates in the world but lower than the US which was in 2018 120 guns per 100 people. That does not break it down to specific weapons

I am no gun lover. However I do also listen to certain hunting associations and gun club associations whose principal representatives understand different firearms and do NOT glorify them. They make two basic arguments to date Trudeau has ignored:

1-the ban Trudeau has been proposing for quite some time would not stop a mad man from obtaining the weapons being banned illegally;

2-the ban would not stop someone from taking a legally obtained long arm and re-calibrating  it to become more rapid fire and as deadly as the ones that "might" be banned.

Trudeau to date according to the gun club and hunting lobbies to date did  NOT consult with them  on such issues. So I want to now know, how did he come up with his list of 1,500, and how did he determine as he said, they can only be used to kill people. Until I see that list and how he rendered his conclusion, I do NOT simply take his word for it.

I have only used a 22, and an  Uzi. I have handled am M-16 and the damn thing was plastic and I would not use it. I also knew the Russian kalashnikov rifle was a favourite of many Israeli soldiers and others. I personally defer to someone like Army Guy or other military or police or gun club owners or hunting associations on actual rifles and which ones are more or less dangerous. Sorry do not ask me to simply accept what Trudeau says.

The timing of this ban was clearly done as a reaction to the Nova Scotia murders. That timing smells of political exploitation of a tragedy to make political brownie points and policies based on fear and ignorance.

While I like many personally think  hand guns only belong at gun clubs and rifles should be an instrument of necessity for hunters and rural dwellers until I see better explanation than a vague statement that these rifles have no use other than  for killing people, I will reserve judgement. Given the sheer volume of stupid knee jerk reactions Trudeau jumps on the band wagon to get brownie points from, I have stopped taking anything he says seriously.  Having this man tell me what a dangerous weapon is, is a joke as far as I am concerned. He has zero credibility.  He is a sheltered Mama's boy.  Excuse me if I defer to others with actual expertise in weapons.

That said, I hate assault weapons. I worry about police on traffic stops and on domestic conflict calls. I don't want them shot dead. I am just not sure this ban is anything but a feel good exercise.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rue said:

Without a doubt the most stupid of attempts to inflamme yet.  Why would the US not want every  country in the world except its own to be unarmed?

In spit of the idiotic attempts to troll and ignoring those attempts on the topic of the proposed gun control I would say this:

1- the current Firearms Act does NOT make a distinction between what is called  a"miitary-style" weapon and other long guns or what are commonly called rifles; when politicians like Trudeau trow out he word "assault rifle" they do not specify what they mean by that because they have no idea what actual caliber rifle they mean- any rifle, any long arm, in a general sense is an assault rifle in that it kills; 3-when the media presents stories on mass killings with gunmen, it uses the word "assault rifle".

I would then argue because of 1-3, before I render any comment about proposed changes to the law, I want to see the wording as to what will be defined as an assault rifle. Trudeau caims there will be a ban of  1,500 categories of rifles he claims are only used to kill people. How he determined this is unknown.

Interestingly as of 2018, the Small Arms Survey said  there were an estimated 34.7 firearms per 100 people of "licensed" weapons. That is one of the highest rates in the world but lower than the US which was in 2018 120 guns per 100 people. That does not break it down to specific weapons

I am no gun lover. However I do also listen to certain hunting associations and gun club associations whose principal representatives understand different firearms and do NOT glorify them. They make two basic arguments to date Trudeau has ignored:

1-the ban Trudeau has been proposing for quite some time would not stop a mad man from obtaining the weapons being banned illegally;

2-the ban would not stop someone from taking a legally obtained long arm and re-calibrating  it to become more rapid fire and as deadly as the ones that "might" be banned.

Trudeau to date according to the gun club and hunting lobbies to date did  NOT consult with them  on such issues. So I want to now know, how did he come up with his list of 1,500, and how did he determine as he said, they can only be used to kill people. Until I see that list and how he rendered his conclusion, I do NOT simply take his word for it.

I have only used a 22, and an  Uzi. I have handled am M-16 and the damn thing was plastic and I would not use it. I also knew the Russian kalashnikov rifle was a favourite of many Israeli soldiers and others. I personally defer to someone like Army Guy or other military or police or gun club owners or hunting associations on actual rifles and which ones are more or less dangerous. Sorry do not ask me to simply accept what Trudeau says.

The timing of this ban was clearly done as a reaction to the Nova Scotia murders. That timing smells of political exploitation of a tragedy to make political brownie points and policies based on fear and ignorance.

While I like many personally think  hand guns only belong at gun clubs and rifles should be an instrument of necessity for hunters and rural dwellers until I see better explanation than a vague statement that these rifles have no use other than  for killing people, I will reserve judgement. Given the sheer volume of stupid knee jerk reactions Trudeau jumps on the band wagon to get brownie points from, I have stopped taking anything he says seriously.  Having this man tell me what a dangerous weapon is, is a joke as far as I am concerned. He has zero credibility.  He is a sheltered Mama's boy.  Excuse me if I defer to others with actual expertise in weapons.

That said, I hate assault weapons. I worry about police on traffic stops and on domestic conflict calls. I don't want them shot dead. I am just not sure this ban is anything but a feel good exercise.

Edited by Tdot

Nice gun grab Trudeau is pulling here.

Could it have been that the shooter in Nova Scotia had,  a replica police car, a police uniform that cause more confusion? Registered firearms or not, he drove around in a replica police cruiser. Think about it.

As tragic as the Polytechnic indecent was, it seems to be the only example in the last 20-30 years where there were any deaths related to an AR-15. Well at least that is what I get out of CBC and CTV.

Criminals still don't care about the gun laws.

37 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Could it have been that the shooter in Nova Scotia had,  a replica police car, a police uniform that cause more confusion? ...Think about it....As tragic as the Polytechnic indecent was, it seems to be the only example in the last 20-30 years

Exactly.

That terrorist in NV took things to a level which Canada has been dreading will happen, since 2001, and so Trudeau had to act fast ----in order to extinguish evil aspirations of any deranged&disgruntled Canadians out there who clearly see that the Canadian GOVT is mimicking the USA Dems by obeying Globalists who dictate the West/order the West to gift North America to lightskinned immigrants.

Edited by Tdot

While the gun owners are all going crazy, this is just a tempory measure, as we seen by the liberals changing fire amr rules do not have to be in the form of a bill, the government has the right to just change the law at their will. And the next government can unchanged all that has been done....this day will also go down in history as the day the snowflakes lost their minds...

On 4/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, WestCanMan said:

Media forget to mention: "with a gun that was purchased illegally, by a Canadian who was forbidden to own guns due to his violent criminal activity. This was a shining illustration of 1) gun laws working properly, 2) our corrections system failing, and 3) our mental health care system failing. This works the same way that changing the gun laws when a terrorist kills people with a truck does. It makes really stupid people [liberals] happy." 

1. Gun laws do not work. Criminals do not care about gun laws. Hundreds of billions of our tax dollars have being blown every year on a bunch of useless and stupid gun laws, and there appears that many Canadians want even more gun laws. A sheer sign of Canadian stupidity. But then again whoever said that Canadians were all that smart anyway? I am pretty sure that one more gun law will stop all of these sad shootings. Chuckle-chuckle.

2. Our whole system is becoming a failure. The disease of liberalism is starting to affect most Canadians brains now. They appear to be coming totally clueless about anything and that is just the way their dear leftist liberal leaders want them to become. Totally dependent on them to run their hopeless lives.

3. The whole country appears to be going totally mental. Most Canadians do appear as though they do need real mental help. They appear to not know as to how to think for themselves at all anymore. 

The liberals are enjoying their status once again thanks to those buffoons who put them back into power. The problem with most dumb Canadians is that the only time they get somewhat interested in politics is at election time. After that, it is back to business as usual, sans politics. How cannot the liberals be happy with the people who keep acting like a bunch of dumb asses. :unsure:

• Like 1