The failure of the western intelligence services

2 hours ago, xul said:

Because the blocking of flights from China is proven useless, since US's situation is far worse than Canada, which didn't block flights from China.

No, it wasn't useless. But it should have been accompanied by stringent testing and quarantine measures for Canadians coming back from China, and then should have had bans on people from Iran and other high risk areas added to it, with accompanying quarantines on Canadians returning from there.

The bans by themselves are useless, as Canadians and Americans came back by the hundreds of thousands and weren't checked.

On April 17, 2020 at 4:07 PM, Independent1986 said:

... Donald Trump said "It is a democrat hoax".

This is a false statement. Yes, and you could edit it out for the sake of truth/facts.

Remember from Oct - Feb he kept calling the Dem's impeachment effort a hoax, so once the Dem's lost the impeachment hoax and started politicizing the fight against the COVID 19 ... USA President Trump then said that the, hoax, is the Dems' politicizing the nation's fight against COVID 19. He never once said that COVID 19 itself, is a hoax.  See, look: https://checkyourfact.com/2020/02/29/fact-check-donald-trump-coronavirus-hoax-south-carolina-rally/

Being hoodwinked by deceitful Dem's big media machines, means we can now go do ourselves a great service. Yes, by seeking the truth so that we won't ever embarrass ourselves in these forums.

Edited by Tdot

2 hours ago, Tdot said:

This is a false statement. Yes, and you could edit it out for the sake of truth/facts.

Remember from Oct - Feb he kept calling the Dem's impeachment effort a hoax, so once the Dem's lost the impeachment hoax and started politicizing the fight against the COVID 19 ... USA President Trump then said that the, hoax, is the Dems' politicizing the nation's fight against COVID 19. He never once said that COVID 19 itself, is a hoax.  See, look: https://checkyourfact.com/2020/02/29/fact-check-donald-trump-coronavirus-hoax-south-carolina-rally/

Being hoodwinked by deceitful Dem's big media machines, means we can now go do ourselves a great service. Yes, by seeking the truth so that we won't ever embarrass ourselves in these forums.

What does this have to do with western intelligence agencies, which is the topic of discussion? Whether he said it was a hoax or not he clearly dismissed it as unimportant and said there'd soon be no cases and it would all be done by April.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

What does this have to do with western intelligence agencies, which is the topic of discussion...

And?   

What it has to do with western intelligence agencies, is that the thread's OP gave an impression that western intelligence agencies failures' are somehow motivated by words within a false statement he made about President Trump here.  Which then opens up possibilities that he also used false statements to conclude there were western intelligence failures. True?

And if you have no problem with false statements, then you are as big of a burden as intelligence failures are.

Edited by Tdot

11 hours ago, Tdot said:

This is a false statement.

If this is the original quote:

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

He could have meant it either way. What he says at the end crowns the naivety regardless.

As a whole, the situation was embarassing.

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

What he says at the end crowns the naivety regardless.

As a whole, the situation was embarassing.

You know what they say about hindsight, it's a bitch. With an attitude like this one can never say anything at all. Just react into instant panic and defensive mode.

Well, you know what I would say to that idea.

And finally, let's call it as it is then on a day-by-day basis. Now we hear that the virus is not so bad after all. In one week the US is going to start going back to work again.
So now, with this hindsight is Donald Trump right today, or not?

10 hours ago, Argus said:

What does this have to do with western intelligence agencies, which is the topic of discussion?

Nothing, but Donald Trump is so dominant he gets injected into many topics no matter what...even in Canada.

It is TRUMP...TRUMP...TRUMP....and that is just how he likes it.

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Now we hear that the virus is not so bad after all. In one week the US is going to start going back to work again.
So now, with this hindsight is Donald Trump right today, or not?

I haven't heard that. But then, I don't believe everything I hear.

A politician cannot make such statements. It is beyond stupid and irresponsible.

besides, the whole speech was an embaraassment to the US. The political system, the cheering, the public mocking and backbiting is disgusting.

20 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is not fake news...there is video of the Canadian toady doctor that works for WHO denying questions about Taiwan.

I suppose that she is a doctor, not a politician or lawyer, and the membership of Taiwan in WHO is an issue relating to politics or the rules of WHO but not medical science. What the host did is kinda like that a media reporter asks a Walmart cashier foreman whether or not should Walmart sells Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker blu-ray during this shutdown time since it seems not essential at all, then he gives the news a title Walmart Official Dodges Questions on Whether or Not Walmart Should Sell Blu-ray During Shutdown.  The question may be a good question but he just asked a wrong person.  The reporter should ask the CEO or a lawyer or the politician who ordered the shutdown instead of a cashier. 

This is just another example how the so-called fair and justice media create fake news. And intentionally doing so is just disgusting.

Edited by xul

14 minutes ago, Marocc said:

I haven't heard that. But then, I don't believe everything I hear.

It is the narrative now rising in the US media. Whatever is decided by the politicians is the truth, and this is now being decided.

besides, the whole speech was an embaraassment to the US. The political system, the cheering, the public mocking and backbiting is disgusting.

Yes, they are very politically divided. That is part of their culture. It's not pretty, but there are worse problems in the world. It's the price for having more freedom, not only to express yourself but to show information to others, information which the state might not approve of. Both of these freedoms are suppressed in Canada and probably in all other places in the world, compared to the United States.

Thank god for the wonderful Americans, they are our only hope.

Edited by OftenWrong

2 hours ago, Marocc said:

Did you read the info, at your link?  

Here's a quote from your link: "Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

Since that is the same thing which my link says, then it is a fact that Trump never called the CoronaVirus a "hoax" when he was referring to the 'politicizing' of the USA's fight against CoronaVirus.

Edited by Tdot

18 minutes ago, Marocc said:

That's a beautiful quote. Wish there were more quotes like it.

No evidence. Truth is, I don't care one bit.

Yes, I agree. This is a beautiful quote from your link you provided:  "Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

And if it's true that you don't care, one bit, then what caused you to come challenging me about a true, factual statement I provided here?

20 minutes ago, Marocc said:

No, no, no. Don't pretend to be stupid.

lol @ how going by the facts/the truth is somehow, being stupid?

No matter how much you dislike President Trump, it is unBecoming of you to promote dishonest statements about him. It makes you look as bad as the person who told the lie on him to begin with.

38 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Us creates much of world problems.

This is a very unfair, devilish statement.

I really do hope that you plan to be fair/provide evidence of your claim here. Or, at least define what context is meant by "much" so we can see which other countries do the same thing then.

Edited by Tdot

On April 17, 2020 at 4:07 PM, Independent1986 said:

This topic is to discuss where did the western intelligence agencies failed in regards to the coronavirus pandemic ?

Did you have any links any evidence any proofs, that this is viable?  Or, is this just a propagandized question?

Because I do not find any evidence, to blame the coronavirus spread on the western intelligence services.

If no one has any proof/any evidence that western intelligence agencies did, fail, then why is this topic even created?

Edited by Tdot

31 minutes ago, Marocc said:

...one could say, you lied. Lie to somebody else. Don't waste my time.

I've always treated you cordially here on this website so I'm, lost, about what caused you to start namecalling me or falsely accusing me here ... but I must caution you, that you will really hate it if I start to join in on immaturity of sending insulting posts.

I posted a link from "checkYOURfacts" then you posted a link from "Snopes" by which both links analyzed his exact words then both links said President Trump never called the CoronaVirus a hoax.

The truth is the truth, sooo you might need to consult Satan if you want a way to get people to stop believing the truth ---so they can instead, believe a lie that Trump called the disease itself a hoax.

Edited by Tdot