Canada's Good Old Day's

Guest ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

Ok... Let's talk about a time when Canada was less screwed up, and less in debt.

One of my happy moments growing up, was when the Toronto Blue Jay's won the world series.

Edited by ProudConservative

The Leafs were pretty much like they are now.

Instead of Auston Matthews we had Wendel Clark

Instead of John Tavares we had Rick Vaive

Instead of William Nylander we had Russ Courtnall

Instead of Mitch Marner we had Gary Leeman

Same as they are now, they scored a lot of goals but they couldn't defend at all

Wendel however was worth the price of admission alone

34 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Glenn Gould's Toronto truly was Toronto the Good. 

Toronto was once known as "Toronto the good". Now it has become known as Toronto the bad. When Toronto was mainly a WASP city back in the good old days, things were pretty good and great in Toronto. It was a peaceful and safe city to walk around and live in. There were no gun shootings in the streets and malls, a drug epidemic and drugs sold everywhere, traffic galore, and dozens of many foreign ethnic groups of people from all over the world and all vying for their own little turf in Toronto.

Today, Toronto does not look like the old WASP Toronto of yesterday. And with the plans of bringing in a million more new immigrants in the next three years, WASP Toronto that I once knew will surely be gone and to be replaced by millions of new and different looking faces and cultures that I think will destroy Toronto forever. Everywhere in Canada this change is happening. Those good old days of WASP Canada will not be the good old days much longer. They will only become distant memory days. Ethnic foreigners are now taking over. But hey, this is what people want, and so they shall receive. So long Toronto the good, and good old WASP Canada. It's been a slice knowing you. ;)  

Edited by taxme

29 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Vancouver before 1986 truly was an Urban Paradise

Indeed Vancouver is a very beautiful city. My wife and I every once in awhile take a drive to downtown Vancouver for a drive and dinner. Vancouver is about 20 miles from where we live. I enjoy spending a day in Vancouver and I think how lucky we are to be living close to such a beautiful city. But. 

But after Expo 86 the Lower Mainland of Vancouver suddenly started to change from what it once was a very British/European city where we all lived together pretty much in harmony and consisting of people only from the same British/European mother. Since 1986, and there after, things have all changed now. Now Vancouver and the Lower Mainland is not the same looking as it once did before 1986. It has become a very foreign looking city now where we have a lot of new foreign born looking different faces and cultures and traditions that are coming to BC and are changing much of the makeup of the Lower Mainland and especially Vancouver. Thanks to one ethnic group of foreigners that have been coming to BC by the hundreds of thousands after Expo 86, the cost of housing has skyrocketed. The cost of living has gone up. One pretty much now has to be a millionaire to be able to live in downtown Vancouver. Vancouver has always had a vibrant Chinatown that has been around for well over a century and that was pretty much it, and that was alright.

in some locations of Vancouver now it does not look like the old Vancouver anymore. It really is starting to look more like the rest of the world with different ethnic cultures pretty much having their own neighborhoods where most British/European use to live but have moved out and no longer want to buy a home or rent in those new areas. They bloody well cannot afford to buy a home. Even the rent is expensive. Canada is starting to see it's good old days being replaced by a new batch of foreign cultures and traditions that will eventually in time change and replace the old Canada forever. I know that even our dear leaders appear to be in favor of this change. Let the old Canada disappear. It's time for a change of color, eh?  :rolleyes:

Getting girls to go on a date was easy, you just had to have the courage to walk up and make your pitch.

Girls were still girls, they'd wear your football jacket through the halls of school as a badge of honor, being on the football team was important.

Edited by Dougie93

Getting a job was not so easy, none the less, if you just got out there and pounded the pavement, you would get one inevitably.

My father accepted no excuses, get your ass out there and don't come home without a job

And there was far less luxury, like every kid has an X-box now, when I asked my father for an Atari he said no f*cking way.

The mortgage rates were 18%, your parents didn't have any money to spare.

If my father gave me a roll of quarters to go play at the arcade, that was gravy.

41893004495_1ef4de5399_c.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Getting a job was not so easy, none the less, if you just got out there and pounded the pavement, you would get one inevitably.

My father accepted no excuses, get your ass out there and don't come home without a job

And there was far less luxury, like every kid has an X-box now, when I asked my father for an Atari he said no f*cking way.

The mortgage rates were 18%, your parents didn't have any money to spare.

If my father gave me a roll of quarters to go play at the arcade, that was gravy.

41893004495_1ef4de5399_c.jpg

The teenagers at work tonight were complaining about how bored they would get if they have to stay at home for 3 months.

I thought to myself, at their age I had no internet, no games console and there were only 3 channels on the TV which closed down at midnight.

We didn't even have skunk, there was Columbian weed full of seeds and a bit of 'roccy or Red Leb' if you were really lucky.

Edited by Iceni warrior

4 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

The teenagers at work tonight were complaining about how bored they would get if they have to stay at home for 3 months.

I thought to myself, at their age I had no internet, no games console and there were only 3 channels on the TV which closed down at midnight.

We didn't even have skunk, there was Columbian weed full of seeds and a bit of 'roccy or Red Leb' if you were really lucky.

My niece is not even a teenager, she's in her mid twenties, and still my sister has her on confinement to barracks, won't even let her leave the condo

Margaret Wendt is a retired Globe columnist but she wrote a column the other day about returning to Canada from Florida and already having nostalgic thoughts about just last week, when everyone could get together and go to restaurants and enjoy life on the beach and wander through malls. Said it felt like that was another world. I wonder if we'll all be thinking that in a few months.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:56 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

The real good old days are about to start in a few months from now when we start the recovery. Good old days are what you are prepared to make them. When the all clear sounds, lets get out and rebuild and celebrate. Leave the negative garbage in the past.

Good luck with that.  The first thing we'll have to do is figure out if this virus was the rights fault or the lefts. So far Trump says it's just a Democratic hoax.

These already seem like Halcyone Days.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Strangely enough that's only thing that will ever get everyone thru this in one piece. It's like you knew all along.

Nonsense. That is hope for the hopeless. But we are not hopeless.

Even for you I always remind myself, there is hope.

Not to worry, 85-90% have only mild symptons. Note these may include all of the following:
Headache, stomach ache, ass ache, ear ache, weeping eyes nose and mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarreah, and night sweats. After you've been through that you'll be ok.

But if you're an old fella, like me, you just need to watch out a little more. Like wash your hands after touching yourself, don't cough and sneeze right into other peoples faces, and don't inhale their cough. But if you get the virus, you might die.

I don't care if I do, because I'm old. I've already had my six.