Non-confidence

betsy

On 2/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, SkyHigh said:

Perceived being the operative word, we have one of the best trained ground forces in the world, and examples like the D.A.R.T unit are recognized around the world for the work they do. Honestly, propped up seems a little strong, we self identify as peace keepers, have no real enemies as we don't try and police the world and geographically are not easy to attack, how much military do we need. Costa Rica has no army, in a higher conflict area and does fine.

According to whom, have you seen the training budget for the military, it is peanuts, 1 st line units "might" train a total 1 or 2 months out of the year, 2 weeks here 2 weeks there" in BN level training, very rarely do they train at brigade level formations .... back in the day that was once 8 months out of the year, training as high as divisional level ... thats training you need to be included in one of the best trained ground forces in the world. Now CSOR and JTF are still keeping up on their training but they are but a fraction of the total force. 

Canada's dart team is a cobbled together unit , which takes it troops from 2 CMBG, for the troops it is a second or 3 rd duty....as far as being recognized world wide, not sure where you get that, when our dart operations are overshadowed by much larger contributors with all the right equipment and specialized trained personal. yes we do have a DART force, but like everything else it is just an after thought.

No you self identify as a peace keeper, Canadian military does not, we have spent more time on the battle field than any peace keeping operation. We are war fighters....nothing more. the peace keeping label is a liberal myth...

Every defensive pact our nation signs onto brings with it a list of known enemies. I guess Haiti regime change was not Canada trying to police some of the world...Na, Canada does not have the balls right....

How much Military do we need, well judging by your comment i'd guess your a liberal, in that case our military is much to big and needs to be cut down as not to be a threat to it's own people, to the rest of Canadians it need to be increased slightly, enough to allow us to send a Battle group size formation over seas, with out fear of burning our the entire military, like Afghanistan, where combat troops had as many as 8 tours in a 10 year period, the average soldier did an average of 4 to 5 tours. And we wonder why PTSD is so high.. 

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Christ on a stick! Is conservative stupidity spread by word of mouth or do guys take a course or something?

For fucks sake.

I definitely think its a very very bad idea to not invite you people to meetings so we can all be treated to more glaring reasons why you should be completely ignored.

There is that "YOU PEOPLE" again...  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah especially when the will is lacking.  I'm convinced forcing the issue will transform that attitude soon enough.

At what cost?   Massive debt, unemployment, much higher cost of living, and social unrest?

That is the route of the Green Fascists.

I’m all for investing in the green economy.  How do we invest in it?  Everything costs.  The “protesters” don’t want to pay for anything, but they do want everyone else to pay much more.  How will they do this as unemployed taxpayers in a “shut down Canada”?  These forces are doing damage to our economic security.  Bad economy means less money to spend, which means less handouts to the dependents.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

At what cost?   Massive debt, unemployment, much higher cost of living, and social unrest?

Depends on how much kicking and screaming conservatives do.

That is the route of the Green Fascists.

Is it fascists or communists? Good grief you guys jump around the map like fleas on a hot-plate.

I’m all for investing in the green economy.  How do we invest in it?  Everything costs.  

You just get off you lazy asses, sharpen your pencils, roll up you sleeves and get on with it.  You guys never heard your own rhetoric before?

The “protesters” don’t want to pay for anything, but they do want everyone else to pay much more.

Yes, that's why I'll be sending the government a cheque for about $7500 this spring over and above what they deducted from my income already.

How will they do this as unemployed taxpayers in a “shut down Canada”?  These forces are doing damage to our economic security.  Bad economy means less money to spend, which means less handouts to the dependents.

What unemployed taxpayers?  You're basing a conclusion on an assumption about people that is demonstrably wrong.  Unemployment levels are at all time lows, tax revenues are up including those from natives where I live.  The only thing doing damage to our economy is your pathetic 'but but but we can't do it' attitude. 

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Depends on how much kicking and screaming conservatives do.

Is it fascists or communists? Good grief you guys jump around the map like fleas on a hot-plate.

You just get off you lazy asses, sharpen your pencils, roll up you sleeves and get on with it.  You guys never heard your own rhetoric before?

Yes, that's why I'll be sending the government a cheque for about $7500 this spring over and above what they deducted from my income already.

What unemployed taxpayers?  You're basing a conclusion on an assumption about people that is demonstrably wrong.  Unemployment levels are at all time lows, tax revenues are up including those from natives where I live.  The only thing doing damage to our economy is your pathetic 'but but but we can't do it' attitude. 

Unemployment will increase if such disruptions continue.  Fewer jobs equals less government revenue.  It’s already happening. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Unemployment will increase if such disruptions continue.  Fewer jobs equals less government revenue.  It’s already happening. 

Yawn....yes just like the invasion of Islamofascists (or is it Islamocommies) that have enshrined Sharia Law in our Charter of Rights and Freedoms is happening.

Your fears make you guys soooo predictable its beyond boring. Get a grip and a life while you're at it.

"The barricades must come down."  :rolleyes:  Don't we know that already, being illegal - they have to come down.   Two weeks ago!

And if they don't?  He doesn't want to squarely answer that.  He's washing his hands off the whole thing.

Edited by betsy

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes they should be declared terrorists.  

Federal Liberals should be declared terrorists?  Okay.

So should Scheer lay claim to some sort of emergency powers and approach the RCMP or our armed forces to take Ottawa back by any means possible...or call NATO perhaps?  What did you have in mind exactly?

What a perfect thread for exploring this.  Who cares about the End of Days when the End of Trudeau and the Federal Liberals is nigh?

One down one to go, go Scheer go!

Edited by eyeball

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Federal Liberals should be declared terrorists?  Okay.

So should Scheer lay claim to some sort of emergency powers and approach the RCMP or our armed forces to take Ottawa back by any means possible...or call NATO perhaps?  What did you have in mind exactly?

It might actually come to the Governor General dissolving Parliament, demanding that the RCMP enforce law within a timeframe beyond which its operation comes under direct control of an emergency measures committee, formed of senators and MP’s, as well as the ordering of a snap election, as the PM/Liberal government no longer represents the will of the people.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

37 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It might actually come to the Governor General dissolving Parliament, demanding that the RCMP enforce law within a timeframe beyond which its operation comes under direct control of an emergency measures committee, formed of senators and MP’s, as well as the ordering of a snap election, as the PM/Liberal government no longer represents the will of the people.  

So....I think we've probably seen enough to conclude there is yet another derangement pandemic sweeping thru the population.  Reconciliation Derangement Syndrome, the symptoms of which are usually far more severe for conservatives and especially those with the pre-existing condition of Left-wing Derangement Syndrome, another brain wasting disease that makes the more commonly known Trump Derangement Syndrome look like a mild headache in comparison.

Edited by eyeball

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

So reconcile.

You’re so naive.  No matter how much you give it will never be enough because people who receive money for nothing don’t appreciate it.  You can buy into it if you want, but there will always be a radical fringe that doesn’t accept democratic decisions or rule of law unless they know that by continuing to sabotage they’ll end up in jail.  Obviously.  You want results and respect?  Remove the protesters by force and refuse to have any discussions about “the situation” unless the barricades stop.  

The country can’t operate like this, beholden to every special interest.  But yes, there are enough people who think that if they eat enough shit, roses will sprout.  Actually the country will just go to shit.  Don’t let the lunatics run the asylum. 

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re so naive.  No matter how much you give it will never be enough because people who receive money for nothing don’t appreciate it. 

This is just a meme that is equally applicable to the greedy.  They also fail to appreciate other people's needs.

You can buy into it if you want, but there will always be a radical fringe that doesn’t accept democratic decisions or rule of law unless they know that by continuing to sabotage they’ll end up in jail.  Obviously.

What do you mean by a fringe, a couple hundred people or 15 million? And what about radical?  According to much of the right wing these days the Democratic Party is a party of radical extremists that's some 160 million or more people strong.  You have some nerve talking about naive people.

You want results and respect?  Remove the protesters by force and refuse to have any discussions about “the situation” unless the barricades stop.

No, Canada has to negotiate a treaty. 

The country can’t operate like this, beholden to every special interest.

1st Nations are not a special interest and neither are millions of Canadians who are concerned about the environment.  Your dismissiveness is precisely why barricades are up. Everyone knows full well the country can't operate like this.

But yes, there are enough people who think that if they eat enough shit, roses will sprout.  Actually the country will just go to shit.  Don’t let the lunatics run the asylum.

Do you think that would make a good opening argument around the treaty table? Let me know how that works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

This is just a meme that is equally applicable to the greedy.  They also fail to appreciate other people's needs.

What do you mean by a fringe, a couple hundred people or 15 million? And what about radical?  According to much of the right wing these days the Democratic Party is a party of radical extremists that's some 160 million or more people strong.  You have some nerve talking about naive people.

No, Canada has to negotiate a treaty. 

1st Nations are not a special interest and neither are millions of Canadians who are concerned about the environment.  Your dismissiveness is precisely why barricades are up. Everyone knows full well the country can't operate like this.

Do you think that would make a good opening argument around the treaty table? Let me know how that works.

The protesters are radicals, mostly dysfunctional anarchists.  I was laughing as a grown man spewed ignorant verbiage about how the pipelines are poisoning people.  Just stupid.

I don’t buy into your premises that everything is up for negotiation.  A lot of investment, consulting, and hard work went into getting these approvals.  By saying that they can simply be ignored and that it’s okay for a small vocal minority to shut down business, protest by sabotage, you are setting the stage for a very angry backlash that will push out all rhetoric about reconciliation or negotiation aside, because people are worrying about paying their bills.  Figure out what really matters.  People who don’t have to work don’t care much about it — until the funding gets cut!

Trudeau is creating the conditions for a major conservative backlash because his “reconciliation” rhetoric has opened the door to more absurd demands for support and claims of injustice.  

I think Canadia has great value, but I can see how failure to resolve these issues in a reasonable and affordable way can lead to a national unity crisis, separation, and possibly worse because the most burdensome parts of the country will be shed as unmanageable.  No more Crown, no treaty obligations, no 20 plus billions for Indigenous Affaires, no ethnic-national preference (Quebec, Indigenous nations), no northern hinterland to maintain.  

It’s sad watching the port business in New Brunswick all go to the US.  I wonder how much of the business lost because of the blockades will return once they are gone?  What a joke, a country full of resources that can’t be developed because of misinformed, ignorant radicals.  You can see how a strongman could rise in this climate.  If Trudeau can’t resolve this, Reconciliation and the environment will be the least of his worries.  

The Revolutionary slogan, “No taxation without representation” also applies in reverse: No representation without taxation.   If you want true independence, that means zero outside funding.  You get your territory and its resources and nothing more.  That would be the deal for Quebec and the same would apply to First Nations.  I think many Canadians would support breakup of the country if these kinds of blackmail continue.  They may decide that keeping the country together isn’t worth the grief.   The southern cities would thrive, unshackled by these burdens.  

Edited by Zeitgeist