Is anybody aware of the new Censorship power of the Fed?

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/rsrcs/pblctns/ntnl-strtg-cntrng-rdclztn-vlnc/index-en.aspx

This was slipped in pretty fast and while it claims to be defending "anti-terrorism" views, it can and WILL be used to spy on and redirect anyone's Google searches ....regardless of 'terrorist' claims. That is, everyone here who has alternative views of whomever is empowered to censor here and is at risk of losing our freedoms.

I think, for instance, that I'm being redirected for looking up the "Honeybadgers and Karen Straughan". This particular example could be something else. But the fact that this law is in place raises this concern. Those Youtubers argue against the modern 'feminism' views that go against those like Trudeau. 

Does anyone else here notice any odd unfounded search redirections?

note: this includes anyone searching merely to learn ABOUT some issue that is controversial to the secret censors. This is a threat to our freedoms online and trends towards what even those creating these laws would hold against a country like China for their own similar behavior. This is hypocritical and dangerous for anyone even without any extreme views in the least. 

Edited by Scott Mayers

29 minutes ago, Scott Mayers said:

I think, for instance, that I'm being redirected for looking up the "Honeybadgers and Karen Straughan". This particular example could be something else. But the fact that this law is in place raises this concern. Those Youtubers argue against the modern 'feminism' views that go against those like Trudeau. 

Does anyone else here notice any odd unfounded search redirections?

Not noticing any redirects, but I do notice that the corporate censors at Youtube have the screens scrubbed for those videos.

I welcome it tho, because it's fear.  Panic.   They fear an insurrection, and rightly so, because the worm will turn and then it will be time to fetch the rope.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

What do you mean by scrubbed?

Google is a dangerous company.  I try not to use it.

All the titles were scrubbed, no comments, and no links, just the video, the rest of the usual things on a Youtube page were redacted.

I switched to another page, Sportsnet hockey highlights, it was normal again.

All the politicians in Ottawa are looking for, are journalists who don't tow the party line and whistle blowers like Mark Norman.  That's who they spy on.

The last two times a terrorist was arrested preemptively in Canada, Ottawa was totally unaware, it was the FBI who had them under surveillance and then alerted the RCMP

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

See, having worked for the Government of Canada in national security, I wouldn't worry too much about them, they are totally incompetent.

The RCMP are the Keystone Cops, CSIS is toothless, CSE is just warehousing metadata.

If there is an agency spying on Canada looking for extremists, it's the FBI.

I'm concerned most about the 'independence' of the moderators (censors) who don't require being employed directly by government but indirectly through third-party interests of a political nature we are not able to determine. The CBC's site censors like this. 

I think that with regards to government, that NO censorship should be permitted in online activity.. If they want to alter people's opinions, they should compete logically with those they disagree with and not distinctly apart from those they disagree with. IF they want a right to censor, then they have the power to manipulate WHAT we see and know, how we think, etc. 

For government sites, they should NEVER be censored in the least becasue the mere manipulation of HOW they permit some posts over others can falsely present some people's actual position to make them look what they want them to appear as, contrary to their efforts.

As for terrorist activities, those who want to affect change should challenge them by participation. THE largest reason FOR people acting out is mere neglect by things such as 'ghosting', for example. People need open platforms to speak freely. Then they need to be LISTENED to in order to first understand what might be the reasons behind their thnking. When laws are made to censor, they lead to it being a means of the policing to BECOME more than just enforcers but politicians and adjudicators. 

In fact, I think censorship actually is a type of weapon that gets used TO CREATE some terrorists (or even less extreme but troubling behavior). 

22 minutes ago, Scott Mayers said:

In fact, I think censorship actually is a type of weapon that gets used TO CREATE some terrorists (or even less extreme but troubling behavior). 

I do not believe in Canada anymore, 

I do not believe Canada is a functioning democracy, 

I believe that violent civil disorder is inevitable, tho it won't come until the fiscal and economic crisis.

For now, the disgusting Canadian body politic is propped up by a monstrous leverage bubble

When that bubble pops, the security forces will simply have too much trouble on their hands to be able to maintain order.

I wash my hands of Canada, Canadians deserve everything they have coming to them.

There's nothing we have to do about it mind you, Canada will bring itself down by its own hand.

Let it burn.  Good riddance.

You see, this is uncharted waters, things will never be as they were before

Canada, despite all the happy talk from the naive, it tearing itself apart.

The government is trying to censor, because they are panicking.  

They can't hold back the tide, their nanny police state is imperiled, that is why the entrenched who run the government are trying to shut people up.

This is a Confederation in its death throes, tho Canadians be the last to know.

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You see, this is uncharted waters, things will never be as they were before

Canada, despite all the happy talk from the naive, it tearing itself apart.

The government is trying to censor, because they are panicking.  

They can't hold back the tide, their nanny police state is imperiled, that is why the entrenched who run the government are trying to shut people up.

This is a Confederation in its death throes, tho Canadians be the last to know.

Uncharted waters for Canada, but a lot of times, when a nation is in it's death throes, the people of that nation are the last to know. Ask those who lived in the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia, etc., they know.

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Uncharted waters for Canada, but a lot of times, when a nation is in it's death throes, the people of that nation are the last to know. Ask those who lived in the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia, etc., they know.

Indeed, the liberal academics in Yugoslavia literally deluded themselves right up until they were dragged out of their homes into the street and shot.

Chris Hedges knows.

53 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed, the liberal academics in Yugoslavia literally deluded themselves right up until they were dragged out of their homes into the street and shot.

Chris Hedges knows.

Yugoslavia was a shotgun marriage, and so is Canada. Attempted Iron Curtain against American Liberty failed and came crashing down. There are a lot of parallels now that I think about it. When Canada falls apart it's not going to get as bad as it did in Yugoslavia, but it's still a good analogy.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yugoslavia was a shotgun marriage, and so is Canada. There are a lot of parallels now that I think about it. When Canada falls apart it's not going to get as bad as it did in Yugoslavia, but it's still a good analogy.

No indeed, Canada will not come apart that violently, that was fueled by the ethnic hatreds of the Eastern Fronts in both World Wars.

Although, this is what Sniper Alley in Sarajevo looks like now;

150605121136-sarajevo-then-and-now-4-sup

24hr MacDonald's, that's convenient.

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

No indeed, Canada will not come apart that violently, that was fueled by the ethnic hatreds of the Eastern Fronts in both World Wars.

Although, this is what Sniper Alley in Sarajevo looks like now;

24hr MacDonald's, that's convenient.

Iron Curtain against American Freedom could not last forever, who knew? Take notes Canader, you can try to censor American Freedom and rally around Eskimo Communism, but in the long run, you will fail, just like Yugoslavia.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Attempts by the left to censor all conservatism are rather comical. 

The left has become the sad and failing establishment, the right is now the counter culture.

There's nothing for anybody on the right to lose here, only the leftist sacred cows are imperiled

That is why they desperately try to censor the sad and failing truth of the elite consensus.

This bizarre Cultural Marxist left is the snake eating its own tail

There's no need for outside intervention to blow it up, it's blowing itself up..

“Then, gentlemen,” said Napoleon, “let us wait a little; when your enemy is making a false movement, never interrupt him.”

Edited by Dougie93

56 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

There's no need for outside intervention to blow it up, it's blowing itself up..

“Then, gentlemen,” said Napoleon, “let us wait a little; when your enemy is making a false movement, never interrupt him.”

No need for outside intervention, by all means let them hang themselves and eat their own tail, but at the same time, IF you know that interrupting your enemy will result in them doubling down on making that false movement, then feel free to interrupt them.

Donald Trump knows, interrupting an opponent that is making a mistake and causing them to double down on that mistake, is what he does best.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I do not believe in Canada anymore, 

I do not believe Canada is a functioning democracy, 

I believe that violent civil disorder is inevitable, tho it won't come until the fiscal and economic crisis.

For now, the disgusting Canadian body politic is propped up by a monstrous leverage bubble

When that bubble pops, the security forces will simply have too much trouble on their hands to be able to maintain order.

I wash my hands of Canada, Canadians deserve everything they have coming to them.

There's nothing we have to do about it mind you, Canada will bring itself down by its own hand.

Let it burn.  Good riddance.

Ha ha! I'm partially with you on this but think that this is also true of humanity as a whole!! A good proof of this is how the Middle East itself demonstrates. The cradle of "civilization" falls in light of evolution and time merely by the differences inherent in wealth that the mere land supplies. Once our fixed resources are gone, we are sure to fall to war regardless of any apparent 'wisdom' we seem to have. 

Don't let it eat you though. I'm not trying to insight defeat. We just need to first recognize the facts.

7 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

Don't let it eat you though. I'm not trying to insight defeat. We just need to first recognize the facts.

It doesn't bother me anymore,  when I was emotionally invested in Canada, it did bother me, but Somewhere along the way I just lost my love for it, like a bad marriage, I just stopped loving Canada, now I just see it as being pathetic.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

We desperately need privacy laws to protect us from these IT companies mining our private info, but it will never happen because these tech companies mine the data governments use themselves for mass surveillance of the public.

Won't work, Information is the most valuable commodity on earth now, spying on you is literally the basis of the post industrial economy.

Just wait until 5G is on line, practically everything you own will be spying on you, start stockpiling non "smart" appliances now,